Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,804 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Player Blasted For Outrageous Backheel Goal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Player Blasted For Outrageous Backheel Goal (764 Views)

Outrageous, As Chelsea Demand N7.8 Billion For Mikel / Read How Jose Mourinho Blasted Me On Chelsea Facebook Page. / Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Player Blasted For Outrageous Backheel Goal by tlops(m): 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2011
United Arab Emirates winger Thiyab Awana has become an internet hit for scoring an audacious backheeled penalty for his country in a 7-2 victory over Lebanon.

But despite the convincing scoreline and the excitement around the goal, Awana has drawn criticism for the 'disrespectful' goal - including from his own coach.

The hosts were already leading 6-2 when Awana tucked away the spot-kick, but coach Srecko Katanec, who had only brought Awana on three minutes before, substituted him immediately afterwards.

"This penalty, I didn't like it. We must respect players from other teams. In future you don't know what football will give you back," Katanec said after the game.

"He's a young guy and he knew he made a mistake immediately. I just want him to show respect, not just on the field but off it as well."

A Lebanese team official saw red after a furious reaction to the penalty, but Lebanon coach Emile Rustom tried to defuse the incident afterwards.

"I didn't feel it was an insult and this is my attitude," Rustom said.

"This is a personal decision the player made and it has nothing to do with the way the UAE plays its football."

Watch the extraordinary goal here:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/59960/

The goal keeper is a mumu!
Re: Player Blasted For Outrageous Backheel Goal by DisGuy: 2:48am On Jul 19, 2011
LMAO, theres nothing the keeper could do! they usually move before the ball anyway and he wasnt expecting that
if it didnt come off he would look like be a big fool!
Re: Player Blasted For Outrageous Backheel Goal by semid4lyfe(m): 4:31am On Jul 19, 2011
The goalkeeper na proper M-U-M-U grin
Re: Player Blasted For Outrageous Backheel Goal by tlops(m): 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2011
"This penalty, I didn't like it. We must respect players from other teams. In future you don't know what football will give you back," Katanec said after the game.

Obviously, the player has observed that the keeper is proper basket. what respect does he deserve again, ?
Re: Player Blasted For Outrageous Backheel Goal by future32: 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2011
ANYBODY WHO WISH TO STUDY IN CANADA OR USA SHOULD CONTACT DIRECT SOURCE TRAVELING AGENCY, THEY ARE THE BEST AGENCY THAT CAN HELP YOU TO GET YOUR ADMISSION WITH LOW TUITION FEE, COS I GET MY OWN ADMISSION THROUGH THEM. THEY ARE RELIABLE AGENT, YOU WILL NEVER REGRET KNOWING THEM, AM NOW IN USA NOW HAVING MY DEGREE THERE, YOU CAN CONTACT THEM THROUGH THERE. MOBILE LINE +23457445471 OR THROUGH THERE EMAIL, DIRECTSOURCETRAVELINGAGENCY@GMAIL.COM OR YOU CAN CHECK THEM THROUGH THERE WEB, www.directsourcetravelingagency..com, YOU CAN ALSO GET ME THROUGH MY MOBILE LINE SO THAT I CAN GIVE YOU MY TESTIMONY , +16462918915, GOD BLES[b][/b]S YOU DIRECT SOURCE TRAVELING AGENCY, AM VERY PROUND OF YOU.
Re: Player Blasted For Outrageous Backheel Goal by aieromon(m): 10:22pm On Jul 19, 2011
Part of the goalkeeper's earnings should be deducted for being such a dunce angry angry

(1) (Reply)

The Super Eagles Should Humble Themselves And Go And Meet Tb Joshua For Prayer / Advice On A Football Career / Taye Taiwo Seals Qpr Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.