Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate (18725 Views)

Bala Mohammed, Saraki Are PDP Northern Consensus Presidential Candidates / 2023: PDP South East Presidential Aspirants Unite To Pick Consensus Candidate / 2023: SWAGA Kicks Against Consensus Presidential Candidacy In APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by treesun: 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
Presidential spokesperson, Femi Adesina, has faulted claims that the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), asked members of the Progressives Governors’ Forum to pick a consensus presidential candidate for the ruling All Progressives Congress.

He said that contrary to reports, the President only met with the governors and gave them his “expectation” for the forthcoming presidential primary of the party.

Adesina, who is the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, stated these in a piece titled, ‘Visit to Spain: Let’s Buga for Mr President’.

Making clarifications on what transpired during the meeting, the presidential spokesperson explained that Buhari never discussed issues bordering on zoning, consensus, or imposition of candidates during his conversation with the governors.

According to him, President Buhari told them of what he would like to see at the APC presidential primary to elect a presidential candidate early next week.

He said, “No word about zoning, consensus, or imposition of candidate. He just charged them to let their plans converge, so that the party would put its best foot forward. Shortly after the meeting, we headed for the airport.

“A short time into the about five hours flight, I went on social media, to see that all hell had broken loose. Trust some Nigerians. When there’s no controversy, they simply create one. They will die of boredom if they don’t have something to wail or ululate about.

“What were they bellyaching on? Oh, he used the words ‘my successor,’ instead of ‘APC candidate.’ That means he wants to rig the election. Otiose.

“Oh, he talked about Governors who performed well being given opportunity to get a second term, for continuity. That means he wants to impose someone from within the government to succeed him. Consensus is what he wants. Puerile.

“Is consensus not one of the acceptable ways of choosing candidates, according to the Electoral Act? So the party can jolly well decide on the method it wants.

“Oh, he didn’t talk about zoning. APC wants to give its ticket to the North. Really? Did you see anything like that in the speech?

Meanwhile, Buhari had while addressing the governors on Tuesday ahead of the party’s presidential primary taking place on Monday, stated, “The party has successfully established internal policies that promote continuity and smooth succession plans even at the state and local government levels.

“For example, first-term governors who have served credibly well have been encouraged to stand for re-election. Similarly, second-term governors have been accorded the privilege of promoting successors that are capable of driving their visions as well as the ideals of the party.”

Buhari said he would be seeking reciprocity from the governors ahead of the presidential primary which comes up in the next six days.

“In keeping with the established internal policies of the party and as we approach the convention in a few days, therefore, I wish to solicit the reciprocity and support of the governors and other stakeholders in picking my successor, who would fly the flag of our party for election into the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023,” the President added.

He asked the governors to ensure that all interests ‘converge’ as regards the outcome of the presidential primary. The President added that the person who emerges as the presidential candidate must be one who could give Nigerians a sense of victory even before the polls.

Buhari stated, “As we approach the convention, I appeal to all of you to allow our interests to converge, our focus to remain on the changing dynamics of our environment, the expectations of our citizens, and the global community.

“Our objective must be the victory of our party and our choice of a candidate must be someone who would give the Nigerian masses a sense of victory and confidence even before the elections.”

https://punchng.com/buhari-didnt-ask-govs-to-pick-consensus-presidential-candidate-femi-adesina/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2022
Ok
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by inoki247: 12:04pm On Jun 03, 2022
The day don almost reach everybody go rest....

Even General election no give headache like diz na ordinary Primary election dey mak u people dey clueless....

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by PrinceOfLagos: 12:04pm On Jun 03, 2022
Adeshina is been smart with his choice of words but we still decode sey Na Tinubu that Femi adeshina is taking a swipe on

303 Likes 100 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by Feggie3: 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragedy.

Bat in the fairy tales of old, is an animal that does not belong to either trees or land.

BAT is a bat!!

BAT or no BAT, Tinubu is falling!!! cry
His blackmail will not work.

Buhari knows after 8years of his maladministration with broken records, installing Tinubu again will be a monumental calamity.

228 Likes 69 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by Malory: 12:09pm On Jun 03, 2022
I weep for Tinubu

203 Likes 62 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by Maxymilliano(m): 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2022
So who did ?

The Presidency or the cabals ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by an0daGuy: 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
Buhari will pick his successor and the sky won’t fall.

Let southwest get ready for heartburn when they sideline tilumbu and later heartbreak when they fling oshinbajo to the dustbin where him and his oga belongs.

Failures foisted on Nigerian via apc ends with this regime

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
I believe you sir
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by rayvelez(m): 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2022
It will end in tears I just want to read nAPC factions.
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by Parachoko: 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
rayvelez:
It will end in tears I just want to read nAPC factions.
Lol

See wetin Buhari don cause.

301 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by Indispensable85(m): 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
Tinubu bullets don hit target be that. Case closed! See you at eagle's square.

PrinceofLagos more tears please

49 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by jlinkd78(m): 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
Damage control harm already done

3 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by TriCee: 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lol, 2023 elections will heavily be based on tribal sentiments. Too bad. Because I don't understand how a reasonable person would believe that Tinubu or Atiku can turn Nigeria around for good.

So Tinubu wants to be the president, just because he feels it's his turn??!! Wonders

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by Thinktwicemybro: 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
TINUBU MUST PAY THEM BACK

1. He contested 3 times but could not win
2. He boasted he has 11 million votes but did not get up to 6 million votes in each attempt
3. He was badly beaten the third time that he cried on nation tv and vow not to contest again.
4. Tinubu came to his rescue, dried his tears and promised him an alliance that will make him win.
5. Tinubu went underground and form the alliance which finally made him president.
6. Today he feels like a God and feels tinubu is not good enough to succeed him.
7. He has anointed someone else
8. Let's see how that person will get votes from Southwest without tinubu.
9. That person will also loose in the north even if they use central bank to fund him.
10. Tinubu will continue to be a kingmaker but it good night to APC.

I rest my case.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by excomarow(m): 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
sad
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by nony43(m): 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2022
Adesina is fighting for his stomach.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by Racoon(m): 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2022
This silly damage control by the asslicker called Femi Adeshina is needless and useless. Mumu!

5 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by humberjade: 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2022
Abi o, because me I have been wondering o.

The man said he wants them to support his candidate, not shop for one on his behalf, I thought it was Buhari that was said to have hearing problems in some quarters, not the Governors. grin

Did he shop for you guys while you were imposing your candidates at the state level? grin

As long as his successor is a Southerner, me nor get problem. Osibanjo or Amaechi is okay by me. If not, nah to rally round Peter Obi.

Me sha know sey everything wey dey ground go dey sorted by this time next week.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by espn(m): 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2022
Fear don dey catch dem....JAGABAN will pieces you all apart...

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by Rigiidi(m): 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2022
Okay
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2022
This one self doesn't know what is being cooked up. It will shock many like a film trick. Northerners don't talk much during politics but their actions will be heartbreaking. That's why they will do everything to cause division in the south and nail the final stroke. Anyone thinking it will be difficult for Northerners to come back to power is just living in delusion. Una go just wail wella and move on. They look for crack in the south and fuel it. It happens in PDP, it will happen in APC too. They will never support who will hit them hard or work against them secretly, thats why tinubu and oshinbajo, which are the most common apc candidates , having it difficult. Wait and see the shocker. If apc explodes, they have atiku to switch to, its a southern loss, not theirs.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nigerialabalaba: 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2022
Trust some Nigerians. When there’s no controversy, they simply create one. They will die of boredom if they don’t have something to wail or ululate about.

Dis savage one na for d awon ashiere omo ibo miscreants on nl. Let me loud am joor

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by edeXede: 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
That means the story is actually true angry

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by maasoap(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
Then, let's do the damn primary election and get it over with. What are you and your boss afraid of? Jagaban?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by diplomat058(m): 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lol
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by casualobserver: 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
Tinubu either wins the ticket or Atiku is president. I am not saying Tinubu will or wont defeat Atiku but if Tinubu loses the ticket, 100% guarantee, Atiku is president. And if a yoruba does not become president, after its role in the emergence of Buhari, history will not look favorably on the roles of VP and Dapo. Know this and know peace.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari Didn’t Ask Govs To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate by diplomat058(m): 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
This overfed sidewatcher should shut up already. Even the Nassarawa Governor Abdullah Sule confirmed it on Channels TV in an interview with Ṣeun that Buhari did ask them to nominate a candidate that meet some select criteria

He that was probably eardropping from the corridor is saying otherwise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

14 Killed, 24 Injured In Borno Suicide Attack / 2023: Tinubu, Osinbajo’s Camps Intensify ‘Campaign’ / Gender Representation In Nigerian Elected Offices From 1999-2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.