Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest (51984 Views)

I Acted In Love For The Common Good- Pat Utomi / Ameh Ebute Writes Saraki To Resign / 4 Gang Leaders Accompanied Saraki To Sympathise With Offa Monarch — Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by vicdom(m): 6:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
Former Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has stated that when he opposed the plan to foist a Muslim-Muslim presidency on Nigeria in 2014, he acted in the national interest and believed Nigeria was bigger than anybody’s ambition, including that of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Saraki, in a statement signed by the head of his Media Office, Yusuph Olaniyonu, on Friday, in response to the speech by Tinubu in Abeokuta on Thursday claiming that Saraki and others opposed his desire to be running mate to President Mohammadu Buhari in the 2015 elections, noted that he will oppose any plan that causes a religious crisis in a multi-religious country like Nigeria.

“When I and other leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2014 stood against having a Muslim-Muslim ticket, it was not a decision targeted at any individual or group but one taken in the national interest. Asiwaju knows this and he is just being mischievous by presenting this decision as something aimed at stopping his ambition.

“Let me make it clear that the decision to oppose the plans by some people to make APC present a Muslim-Muslim ticket in 2015 was in the national interest and I will take the same stand today, tomorrow, and any other day. My stance is based on the fact that such a ticket is not good for the unity of the country and will further accentuate one of our fault lines.

“Even Asiwaju Tinubu knows that I am a man who does not shy away from standing for what is right. He knows that I don’t follow the crowd and I take a stand based on my conviction of what is good for the country and what is not good for her. It is also obvious that I have paid prices for this stand.

“The opposition to a Muslim- Muslim ticket was not targeted at Tinubu or any other person. It was a decision that even all party leaders know helped the victory of the party and also worked for the unity of the country. That decision is not about self but national and collective interests. It is a decision which served the purpose of the people of Nigeria and I have no regret supporting it,” Saraki stated.

While expressing surprise that Tinubu refused to move on and still sulked over what happened in 2014, the former Governor of Kwara State added that the APC presidential aspirant had become so fixated on the Muslim-Muslim ticket issue of 2014 that he worked so hard to stop the emergence of Saraki as Senate President in a move he considered as retaliatory.

Saraki also stated that after he was elected Senate President, Tinubu maintained an adversarial position against the eighth National Assembly, initiated covert and overt measures aimed at undermining the federal legislature, and set the executive against the legislature.

“Despite calling himself a democrat, he continued to support every effort to frustrate the eighth National Assembly and thwart its efforts to provide good representation to Nigeria. He was the architect of several moves that set the Presidency on a collision course with the National Assembly.

“At a time, he would twist issues and make false claims in his quarterly press statements aimed at making the National Assembly under my leadership look bad. Now, Nigerians know the truth. We can only urge Senator Tinubu to look at the bigger picture on all matters and stop viewing all issues within the prism of his ambition and personal interest,” Saraki stated.

https://leadership.ng/saraki-to-tinubu-nigeria-bigger-than-you-i-acted-in-national-interest/

377 Likes 82 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by Built2last: 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2022
Ok
Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by Mandate2023: 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2022
Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by Penguin2: 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
Oloye Olubukola Maradona Saraki…

The maradona of Nigerian politics

The man they could not catch

The man they could not imprison

The man that made sure Tinubu was not on APC ticket so that he will not go and be weeing in our Aso Rock expensive mattressgrin

Tinubu and his urchins were rejoicing that they served him Otogé at state level…

But guess what, Tinubu and his herds of brainless urchins are about to be served Otogé at National level.

Even Lai Mohammed that championed the Otogé movement is now a persona non grata in Kwara APC.

Saraki is having the last laugh today.

And before you remind me he failed at PDP primaries, remember that man is just 58 and has time to try again after 8 years. A luxury that Tinubu can only wish for grin

533 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by alsudan: 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
Everyone firing Druggie from all angles

429 Likes 75 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by BuhariNaWah: 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
National interest ?!
Every Nigerian politician is after PERSONAL INTEREST.

So, keep kwayet

118 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by Mooh247: 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kpele oo Mr National Instrest Mesujambah

620 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by RobustRoad: 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
Asiwaju, Modern Lagos Architect will be the president no matter what. He is so present almost on every news

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by 9jahotblog: 6:34pm On Jun 03, 2022
True talk here from omo baba oloye.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
Bat is a selfish man. They call him lagos landlord 4 a reason.

474 Likes 87 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by Abfinest007(m): 6:37pm On Jun 03, 2022
He thinks he own Nigeria

422 Likes 85 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by SarkinYarki: 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2022
Tinubu doesn't have respect for Nigerias securarity

435 Likes 100 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by oguns222: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2022
RobustRoad:
Asiwaju, Modern Lagos Architect will be the president no matter what. He is so present almost on every news

He is present in every news for the wrong reasons.

This news from Saraki will make Christians see Tinubu as their enemy.

Tinubu, the selfish will never become Nigeria president

475 Likes 94 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by Throwback: 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2022
Penguin2:
Oloye Olubukola Maradona Saraki…

The maradona of Nigerian politics

The man they could not catch

The man they could not imprison

The man that made sure Tinubu was not on APC ticket so that he will not go and be weeing in our Aso Rock expensive mattressgrin

Tinubu and his urchins were rejoicing that they served him Otogé at state level…

But guess what, Tinubu and his herds of brainless urchins are about to be served Otogé at National level.

Even Lai Mohammed that championed the Otogé movement is now a persona non grata in Kwara APC.

Saraki is having the last laugh today.

And before you remind me he failed at PDP primaries, remember that man is just 58 and has time to try again after 8 years. A luxury that Tinubu can only wish for grin

O to ge!

620 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by ajekpaks(m): 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2022
Sarki, a name that must not be mentioned around Bourdillon road

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by slivertongue: 6:44pm On Jun 03, 2022
The book of Lamentation chapter 5 about to be read by Internally Displaced Politicians - IDP.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by RobbStark(m): 6:44pm On Jun 03, 2022
Saraki 1:Drug lord 0

Waiting for Tinubu urchins to come and drag Saraki

431 Likes 111 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by Throwback: 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
Saraki acts in National interest only for his own cunning benefit.

He has already been placed where he belongs as cursed by his father.

O to ge!

622 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by Risentouch(m): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
RobustRoad:

U don dey change grammar oo
Wetin Happen?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by SamuelKwubiri(m): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
Politics in Nigeria has never been for the interest of the general public. To me Nigeria is yet to have a leader who will serve and change this country. All we have are people coming in doing the same thing over and over again. Nigeria is in loop and need someone to break that.

MEANWHILE FOR YOUR TRADEMARK REGISTRATION, PATENT AND DESIGN VIEW MY PROFILE TO KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by RomanticOO7: 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
So this is why they did an o te ge on this man .

Wow

Tinubu can be so unforgiving

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by Throwback: 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
RobbStark:
Saraki 1:Drug lord 0

Waiting for Tinubu urchins to come and drag Saraki

Nothing to drag about Saraki. He was already castrated politically in 2019.

O to ge!

588 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by Fidinno(m): 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
Shai, Tinubu subject of discussion in all Nigeria blogs.
I see heart attack coming

4 Likes

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by Codeye(m): 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2022
Tinubu get power Sha. Imagine this one releasing a statement because of BAT. And he said he paid for it dearly.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by OVB123: 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2022
Saraki should just forget about him because it is the last kick of a dying horse that Tinubu is kicking.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by iCauseTrouble: 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2022
grin
Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by sogodihno: 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
All these will end on Wednesday latest.

12 Likes

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by MetaPhysical: 7:05pm On Jun 03, 2022
.The opposition to a Muslim- Muslim ticket was not targeted at Tinubu or any other person. It was a decision that even all party leaders know helped the victory of the party and also worked for the unity of the country. That decision is not about self but national and collective interests. It is a decision which served the purpose of the people of Nigeria and I have no regret supporting it,” Saraki stated.
Saraki should shut up.

We cannot have muslim/muslim because it is interest of diversity and equity. That principle applies to North succeeding North and should be stopped for interest of national diversity.

Saraki should make call for Atiku to step aside for Southerner.

423 Likes 148 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by Laggafin: 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
Well served gbas gbos.. the real wotowoto go done on monday

10 Likes

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by christistruth01: 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
Do you know that it was after Bukola saraki's political betrayal of his own father that had brought him into Politics that his father's health collapsed and the Old man died

If Bukola saraki threw his own father under the Bus and the Old man Publicly and openly wept and Cursed him who is Tinubu or anyone else ?

Many People still believe that it was because of the Curse his father placed on him that day that he was so disgracefully removed as Senate President

600 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest by FocusedDiva(f): 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Saraki should shut up.

We cannot have muslim/muslim because it is interest of diversity and equity. That principle applies to North succeeding North and should be stopped for interest of national diversity.

Saraki should make call for Atiku to step aside for Southerner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Plateau Killings: Angry Youths Protest At Government House, Turn Violent(photos) / Protesters Hit Abuja Over Supreme Court Order On Old Naira (Photos) / Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.