Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel (4081 Views)

Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / Premium Fuel Required Cars. / Acura MDX And Premium Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:53am On Jun 05, 2022
I just bought an Acura ZDX and I noticed it recommended only using premium unleaded fuel but the issue is we don't have enough petrol stations selling premium fuel in Nigeria. How do I solve this problem and what are the disadvantages of using regular fuel in a premium fuel recommended car? Thank you!
Gazzuzz

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by buygala(m): 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kelvin30286063:
I just bought an Acura ZDX and I noticed it recommended only using premium unleaded fuel but the issue is we don't have enough petrol stations selling premium fuel in Nigeria. How do I solve this problem and what are the disadvantages of using regular fuel in a premium fuel recommended car? Thank you!
Gazzuzz

Only you don create 181 topics on this forum shocked

That shows you are a chronic attention seeker, so this thread is just one of the vents for your boredom sad

Better go find somewhere sleep

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by nurey(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2022
For every full tank, buy octane booster join.

Using regular fuel can cause pinging, damage to catalyst leading to engine failure as honda is unforgiven, you can also have engine issues like detonation.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by 9icetoo(m): 12:40pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kelvin30286063:
Gazzuzz
There is no petrol station dispensing premium fuel anywhere in Nigeria.

Keep your rpms low and the knocking will be kept at bay.
Modified

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kingdemu: 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2022
9icetoo:

There is petrol station dispensing premium fuel anywhere in Nigeria.

What are you trying to say Sir?
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:21pm On Jun 05, 2022
buygala:

Only you don create 181 topics on this forum shocked

That shows you are a chronic attention seeker, so this thread is just one of the vents for your boredom sad

Better go find somewhere sleep

And this is you? So much for calling someone an attention seeker. undecided Mumu

Note: I have only been on Nairaland since 2017, if I have created 181 topics since then, it means I have a very active life. Now let's compare that to you. Since 2015, you've only created 8 topics. And you have the gut to call someone boring. I mean look at you for God sake. You look like a mistake of a man. Smh

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2022
9icetoo:

There is petrol station dispensing premium fuel anywhere in Nigeria.

Thanks bro, I'll take your advice. Keep it low

1 Like

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by buygala(m): 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

And this is you? So much for calling someone an attention seeker. undecided Mumu

Note: I have only been on Nairaland since 2017, if I have created 181 topics since then, it means I have a very active life. Now let's compare that to you. Since 2015, you've only created 8 topics. And you have the gut to call someone boring. I mean look at you for God sake. You look like a mistake of a man. Smh

grin

You are very pathetic...a grown man obsessing over validation from online strangers

181 topics for goodness sakes .. Did you have a deprived childhood Sir?..Were you so ugly or deformed that your parents and everyone in your lineage abandoned you?..

Is it that now that you have access to a phone with internet, you are trying to squeeze out all the attention that was denied you as a child?

Please tell us so that we can know if this attitude of yours is a cry for help...maybe we can recommend a mental institution for you smiley

Creating 181 topics on an anonymous forum isn't being interesting.. It's indicative of a degenerative mental problem Sir..
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2022
buygala:

grin

You are very pathetic...a grown man obsessing over validation from online strangers

181 topics for goodness sakes .. Did you have a deprived childhood Sir?..Were you so ugly or deformed that your parents and everyone in your lineage abandoned you?..

Is it that now that you have access to a phone with internet, you are trying to squeeze out all the attention that was denied you as a child?

Please tell us so that we can know if this attitude of yours is a cry for help...maybe we can recommend a mental institution for you smiley

Creating 181 topics on an anonymous forum isn't being interesting.. It's indicative of a degenerative mental problem Sir..

I won't indulge you any further. I don't have time for generational losers like you. You could have just ignored this topic but you chose to be unfortunate in life.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by buygala(m): 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

I won't indulge you any further. I don't have time for generational loser like you. You could have just ignored this topic but you chose to be unfortunate in life.

Only you 181 topics Sir?

Is that how empty your life is?

You are borderline psychotic.. Na small remain you go comot cloth begin chop shit inside market dustbin cry
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Gravatar: 4:47pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Lol

Na the guy be that? Lmaooooo

This old man with grey hair na im dey behave like juvenile delinquent for Nairaland

Wonders shall never end, I legit thought it was a teenager or a young person using that moniker, which would explain their propensity for senselessness

This one shock me...but somehow I can't say I'm really surprised, the guy face be like agbaya true true

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Itsrm(m): 5:01pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kelvin30286063:
Gazzuzz

Are you not the same person using a 4th gen Tl that also requires premium fuel? How did you solve the problem?

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:26pm On Jun 05, 2022
Itsrm:

Are you not the same person using a 4th gen Tl that also requires premium fuel? How did you solve the problem?

He just wants us to know he now owns a ZDX, no big deal.

14 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Itsrm(m): 5:32pm On Jun 05, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

He just wants us to know he know owns ZDX, no big deal.

grin grin
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by 9icetoo(m): 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kingdemu:
What are you trying to say Sir?
Meant to say there is no premium petrol in Nigeria cumrade. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by 9icetoo(m): 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Buygala don buy market.
Vawulence, here we cum.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:21am On Jun 06, 2022
Itsrm:

Yeah I also have a 2012 TL but in all honestly, I didn't know it requires a premium fuel until now cos it was never indicated anywhere like this one. That probably explained some of the issues I'm currently facing with that car.
Plus it was a very honest question, no malice at all.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:24am On Jun 06, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

He just wants us to know he now owns a ZDX, no big deal.
Dude, I have achieved a lot of things in this life and I've never bragged about any of them. Buying a new car is not something I brag about. I posted a genuine question.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by tmanis(m): 7:08am On Jun 06, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Yeah I also have a 2012 TL but in all honestly, I didn't know it requires a premium fuel until now cos it was never indicated anywhere like this one. That probably explained some of the issues jm currently facing with that car.
Plus it was a very honest question, no malice at all.

What problems are you facing
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:42am On Jun 06, 2022
tmanis:

What problems are you facing
The car overheats for no reason. The kind of overheating that has exhausted all options. I bought new engine and transmission, the overheating didn't stop. I scanned for error, nothing came up and changed so many suspected sensors, still won't stop overheating.
Changed radiator, changed thermostat, even removed it at a point. Still won't end the nightmare for me. I had to resolve to buying a new car.
The overheating is not a major problem cos it only happens when I'm on a long trip and my ac is on but it's still a problem cos I travel alot for work.
It's the engine and gear that hurts the most. They both cost 1.3m yet it didn't solve the problem. I was so sure everything will be over when I bought the complete engine and gear but you can imagine my disappointment.
Funny thing is, when the weather is cool. Maybe after rain or late at night, you can drive the car to Kano and back and it won't overheat (as long as you don't stress the engine too much) but as soon as sun comes out, you can't drive for 1 hour before the temperature starts rising.
I should also inform you that you should not take my story as a review of Acura TL 2012. This problem didn't start until about 6 months ago and I have enjoyed absolute peace with the car for over 1 year and half before then.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Antihelminth: 9:03am On Jun 06, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

The car overheats for no reason. The kind of overheating that has exhausted all options. I bought new engine and transmission, the overheating didn't stop. I scanned for error, nothing came up and changed so many suspected sensors, still won't stop overheating.
Changed radiator, changed thermostat, even removed it at a point. Still won't end the nightmare for me. I had to resolve to buying a new car.
The overheating is not a major problem cos it only happens when I'm on a long trip and my ac is on but it's still a problem cos I travel alot for work.
It's the engine and gear that hurts the most. They both cost 1.3m yet it didn't solve the problem. I was so sure everything will be over when I bought the complete engine and gear but you can imagine my disappointment.
Funny thing is, when the weather is cool. Maybe after rain or late at night, you can drive the car to Kano and back and it won't overheat (as long as you don't stress the engine too much) but as soon as sun comes out, you can't drive for 1 hour before the temperature starts rising.
I should also inform you that you should not take my story as a review of Acura TL 2012. This problem didn't start until about 6 months ago and I have enjoyed absolute peace with the car for over 1 year and half before then.
I've seen this same problem on a BMW x6 ..it's purely and electric problem not a mechanical one btw who advised you to buy a new engine hmmmm
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:20am On Jun 06, 2022
Antihelminth:

I've seen this same problem on a BMW x6 ..it's purely and electric problem not a mechanical one btw who advised you to buy a new engine hmmmm
Well, no one did, when the issue started, I underestimated the gravity of the problem so I was just throwing parts at it. Before I know what was happening, I was deep in it. We changed head gasket and that messed the engine up. The transmission had its own minor problems in the past so I decided to just fix both by buying complete engine and gearbox. Now the engine and gear are in perfect condition, everything else is fine except the overheating.

With all the money I spent trying to save that car, It was really sad, that's why it hurts when some idiot here said I'm just showing off a car when I was asking a genuine question just to avoid a repeat of whatever happened to the other car. The car is parked in my compound now. People adviced me to sell it but I can't get myself to do that. My conscience won't let me do it.

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:30am On Jun 06, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Well, no one did, when the issue started, I underestimated the gravity of the problem so I was just throwing parts at it. Before I know what was happening, I was deep in it. We changed head gasket and that messed the engine up. The transmission had its own minor problems in the past so I decided to just fix both by buying complete engine and gearbox. Now the engine and gear are in perfect condition, everything else is fine except the overheating.

With all the money I spent trying to save that car, It was really sad, that's why it hurts when some idiot here said I'm just showing off a car when I was asking a genuine question just to avoid a repeat of whatever happened to the other car. The car is parked in my compound now. People adviced me to sell it but I can't get myself to do that. My conscience won't let me do it.

No dey deceive yourself, nothing concern fuel and overheating.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by ajog1: 9:44am On Jun 06, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Hes sharing his experiences wey person fit learn from. Make una free ham.

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by 9icetoo(m): 9:51am On Jun 06, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Not directly but indirectly.

Regular fuel will make that engine run rich.
Running rich will burn out or melt the catalysts.

When the catalyst melts, it chokes the engine making it overwork and causing overheat.

It happens a lot on Honda engines.

I do not think that is what happened in Melvin's case as this scenario usually also presents the symptom of engine being severely underpowered and excessive fuel consumption..

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:07am On Jun 06, 2022
9icetoo:

Not directly but indirectly.

Regular fuel will make that engine run rich.
Running rich will burn out or melt the catalysts.

When the catalyst melts, it chokes the engine making it overwork and causing overheat.

It happens a lot on Honda engines.

I do not think that is what happened in Melvin's case as this scenario usually also presents the symptom of engine being severely underpowered and excessive fuel consumption..

That's a very niche scenario and we both know that.

Though I should point out that almost two years ago, he was already complaining about a hotter than normal engine bay.

https://www.nairaland.com/6337819/car-engine-area-always-too
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by fineboynl(m): 11:23am On Jun 06, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

but how much were you sincerely willing to sell that car for someone who knows the problem.
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:30am On Jun 06, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

That's a very niche scenario and we both know that.

Though I should point out that almost two years ago, he was already complaining about a hotter than normal engine bay.

https://www.nairaland.com/6337819/car-engine-area-always-too
Yeah, and I remember people here shouted me down instantly. You particularly, saying is it supposed to be cold!
Car was not even overheating then but I noticed the heat coming from the engine was a little too much.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:48am On Jun 06, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Yeah, and I remember people here shouted me down instantly. You particularly, saying is it supposed to be cold!
Car was not even overheating then but I noticed the heat coming from the engine was a little too much.

But is an engine bay supposed to be cold? cheesy
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by fineboynl(m): 2:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

But is an engine bay supposed to be cold? cheesy
some can over hot oh. In some cars you can't stand close to the engine. There is this great heat coming from front.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by homeboy205: 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2022
Last week, I was thinking the same thing you are thinking now.

As Lexus required premium fuel too and I think it is affecting my mpg.

I think someone has answered the questions before the gbas gbos started.

Na to buy Liquimolly Octane fuel booster.

I have used it a lot of times. I think I will buy like 4 and use 1 for 2 filled ups

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by OfficialDJ: 7:28pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Heavenlybang is a sadistic bad joke who permeates unnecessary negativity. Nothing new. Carry on with posting anything you want without giving two fVcks what people think. Get it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. / The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler / Clean Volkswagen Passat 2004 Available For Sale SOLD SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.