Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (83427 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 10:15am On Feb 06, 2012
Does anyone know how I can "codedly" get in touch with Howard Webb? Lets me give his share of my winnings for a job well done. grin

Also Rooney, Thanks for shutting me up. After questioning his pk's, he came good with 2 pressure conversions. Please accept my apologies.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 10:36am On Feb 06, 2012
As much as we complain about the legend that is Ryan Giggs,

8 - Ryan Giggs & Juan Mata have joined Antonio Valencia on eight assists, joint-second behind David Silva.

Legend. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by codedguy1(m): 10:50am On Feb 06, 2012
montelik:

Does anyone know how I can "codedly" get in touch with Howard Webb? Lets me give his share of my winnings for a job well done. grin

Also Rooney, Thanks for shutting me up. After questioning his pk's, he came good with 2 pressure conversions. Please accept my apologies.

ermmm. . ermm. . .as per my handle, just send his share to my HSBC account i will codedly send it to him with our secret code grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2012
^^ grin grin.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Sauron1: 5:23pm On Feb 06, 2012
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/degeaojai9.gif[/img]

Save of the season!
I have never seen a goalkeeper save a freekick that clears the wall and is heading for the top corner the wall was covering.
Lindegaard failed to save similar shots from Cabaye and Kolarov.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 6:40pm On Feb 06, 2012
They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Why d hell is Giggs breaking away from d wall before a freekick again, after he cost us a goal at kkklanfield. If he doesn't have d discipline to stay in d wall, he better let someone else line up in it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Sauron1: 6:43pm On Feb 06, 2012
[img]http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=3389957&t=o[/img]

Mata is a cracking player, FFS. . . .
Look at where he was aiming at. . . .He intended to paralyse David De Gea.

Valencia didn't jump to block the free-kick but he jumped after De Gea saved.
What a clown!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by afrodoc(m): 12:25am On Feb 07, 2012
somtyms i doubt if dis football teams have a background video room staff d way they hav in American sports! nd if they do they surely dont carry out post-game analysis lyk d NBA n NFL teams.d number of tyms football teams repeat d same mistakes is alarming e.g d Giggs error dt Montelik picked up n errors by Evans,Evra,Carrick (our most notorious repeat offenders).
P.S dt DE GEA save was world class
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by HNIC(m): 9:08am On Feb 07, 2012
~Sauron~:

[img]http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=3389957&t=o[/img]

Mata is a cracking player, FFS. . . .
Look at where he was aiming at. . . .He intended to paralyse David De Gea.

Valencia didn't jump to block the free-kick but he jumped after De Gea saved.
What a clown!
What a save.
10 outta 10 that should have been a goal
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by ritchboy(m): 10:28am On Feb 07, 2012
Nothing special about the save per se, De Gea had already ANTICIPATED were Mata would place it.

Look at the second gif, he's almost in the middle of the goal by the time Mata strikes the ball instead of covering the other side of the wall.

Kudos to him for his anticipation, though if Mata had gone far-post he coulda ended up red-faced.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Sauron1: 12:10pm On Feb 07, 2012
ritchboy:

Nothing special about the save per se, De Gea had already ANTICIPATED were Mata would place it.

Look at the second gif, he's almost in the middle of the goal by the time Mata strikes the ball instead of covering the other side of the wall.

Kudos to him for his anticipation, though if Mata had gone far-post he coulda ended up red-faced.

Give credits where it's due. . . . .De Gea has always had good feet to shuttle quickly.
Look at his starting position from the 1st gif. . .

This was against Ramirez earlier in the season.
Look at his position when the cross was made and see how quickly he moved to deny Ramirez.

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2012
ritchboy:

I can bet my salary no Arsenal GK is intelligent enough to anticipate such ball direction.
Give it to the lad, he did enough to keep the ball out. . . . and i am yet to see a GK who has saved such a ball

The common theory is that if it's bent over the wall at the far corner, it is quite tough to keep out
So why u come here they spoil the guy market?

~Sauron~:

Give credits where it's due. . . . .De Gea has always had good feet to shuttle quickly.
Look at his starting position from the 1st gif. . .

My only regret is that this is not enough to convince Starboard that DDG is good enough
He praised him ooo but. . . . . . .he's such a hard task master grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by ritchboy(m): 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2012
^^ Mr Man, you're on minimum wage so betting your salary won't impress anyone. cheesy

Who said anything about Arsenal goalies But while we're on the subject I can "bet my lunch" De Gea is easily the worst #1 keeper in the top-six!

I coulda sworn I gave him kudos for anticipating the flight of the ball. . . I don't know why more goalies don't take the gamble when they know from that distance the kicker will go for the near-post 90% of the time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Sauron1: 4:06pm On Feb 07, 2012
Emperoh:

My only regret is that this is not enough to convince Starboard that DDG is good enough
He praised him ooo but. . . . . . .he's such a hard task master grin grin grin

De Gea has done really well - the problems with him as we speak are the diagonal balls and deep crosses.
He's finding it difficult to deal with that because of the physical nature of the league in this country.
When the box is crowded, De Gea has a problem as his lean frame is not strong enough to run through players like Neuer or Brad Friedel would do.

Let's not also forget he's rarely played with the same defence unit in 2 consecutive games.
The Premier League centre-back partnerships with De Gea.

7 games - Ferdinand/Evans
4 games - Jones/Evans
3 games - Ferdinand/Vidic

1 game - Ferdinand/Jones
1 game - Vidic/Evans
1 game - Jones/Carrick
1 game - Ferdinand/Smalling
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2012
ritchboy:

^^ Mr Man, you're on minimum wage so betting your salary won't impress anyone. cheesy

Tell that to government workers. . . . . u had better pitch for it before it retires to its resting place.
U will be needing it at least to buy that car u've been dreaming of.
tongue tongue

ritchboy:

Who said anything about Arsenal goalies But while we're on the subject I can "bet my lunch" De Gea is easily the worst #1 keeper in the top-six!

I coulda sworn I gave him kudos for anticipating the flight of the ball. . . I don't know why more goalies don't take the gamble when they know from that distance the kicker will go for the near-post 90% of the time.

That's cos it's rocket science for them. . . DDG has decoded it for them
Wake up mate, it's not an easy decision
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by adebayo201: 4:12pm On Feb 07, 2012
Abeg make una face una problm oh! Arsenal 2 much wahala make una dy top 6. I wonda wetin una go finish wit dz season

@sauron,e don tey! Ao va cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Sauron1: 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2012
ritchboy:

Then you would lose your bet cos De Gea is actually the youngest and the newest in the league. . . .
That said, he's a better shot stopper than any in the top-six, he has the best distribution as well. The only flaw of De Gea is when the box is crowded and he would get better at dealing with that when he beefs up his svelte physique.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2012
Coogar in case you are interested

Dayokanu press has information that Xherdan Shaqiri is in Bayern for medicals already.

Shaqiri for 9m to Munich thats what I call a coup

[img]http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/fussball/international/2012/02/06/xherdan-shaqiri/DSC__8750.jpg__24904235__MBQF-1328630255,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.tz-online.de/bilder/2012/02/07/1592110/1446059113-xherdan-shaqiri-neuzugang-bayern.9.jpg[/img]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by ritchboy(m): 7:04pm On Feb 07, 2012
~Sauron~:

Then you would lose your bet cos De Gea is actually the youngest and the newest in the league. . . .
That said, he's a better shot stopper than any in the top-six, he has the best distribution as well. The only flaw of De Gea is when the box is crowded and he would get better at dealing with that when he beefs up his svelte physique.

I can't lose my bet cos he's the youngest because his age not relevant to the matter at hand. .  .

Gomes is the best shot-stopper in the top-six but he sits his arse on Tottenham's bench cos shot-stopping is one of the least crucial parts of goal-keeping especially for a top side.

dayokanu:

Coogar in case you are interested

Cover for Robbery/Muller or is the boy good enough to displace any of them before the end of next season?

The kid's got ability but he strikes me as the sorta player that will disappear for long spells in a season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 7:08pm On Feb 07, 2012
Cover for them and a young boy who wont mind sitting on the bench unlike Reus
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by virunga: 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2012
Fergie build another "young squad" generation cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Sauron1: 9:29pm On Feb 07, 2012
ritchboy:

Gomes is the best shot-stopper in the top-six but he sits his arse on Tottenham's bench cos shot-stopping is one of the least crucial parts of goal-keeping especially for a top side.

Gomes is not better than David De Gea in shot-stopping. No one is in the top 6.
I tell you - the only attribute others have over him is commanding a crowded box which De Gea is not yet accustomed to because of his lean frame and the physical English football. With time, he would stop growing and beef up his frame.

If you think the age of a goalkeeper bears no relevance then you should hang your head in shame.
The older they get, the better they become.
At 21, in a new league, language barrier, etc. I think De Gea has coped very well and has made less mistakes this season than Hart, Szczesny, Cech, Friedel, Reina, etc. But United players get more X-rayed than their counterparts in the league.

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/degea0ucx.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/degea2k79b.gif[/img]

----------
----------
Shaqiri will sit on the bench for Nani, Valencia, Giggs, Ashley Young.
He might compete with JS Park on the bench though.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by AjanleKoko: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2012
^^
Welcome back.
So you finally found this handle where you lost it grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 11:11pm On Feb 07, 2012
AjanleKoko:

^^
Welcome back.
So you finally found this handle where you lost it grin

Bros how far?

You no try for me oo.
Didn't even reply to any of my mails.

How body?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by ritchboy(m): 11:49pm On Feb 07, 2012
~Sauron~:

Gomes is not better than David De Gea in shot-stopping. No one is in the top 6.

Gomes' reflexes are rivaled only by Shay Given in England.

If you think the age of a goalkeeper bears no relevance then you should hang your head in shame.
The older they get, the better they become.

Of course it bears no relevance because we are talking about current ability and not potential. Should we start comparing Shaqiri to CR7 simply because he is younger?

You can't play the age card when comparing players, if/when he fulfills his potential then you can begin your comparison.

"Oxlade-Chamberlain is the best player in the world" - "No, Messi is" - "But Chamberlain is 6 years younger and will improve"

I think De Gea has coped very well and has made less mistakes this season than Hart, Szczesny, Cech, Friedel, Reina, etc. But United players get more X-rayed than their counterparts in the league.

grin grin grin grin grin

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/degea0ucx.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/degea2k79b.gif[/img]

Where's my jar of cookies when i need em. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Sauron1: 11:58pm On Feb 07, 2012
ritchboy:

Gomes' reflexes are rivaled only by Shay Given in England.

Gomes is the worst goalkeeper in the top six. No wonder he sits on the bench.

Of course it bears no relevance because we are talking about current ability and not potential. Should we start comparing Shaqiri to CR7 simply because he is younger?

Yes it does as he's also the newest of them
Young age, new league, he cannot even speak English language and none of United's defenders understand Spanish.
That is also coupled with the fact that United's defence has been shuffled and reshuffled more than any other team in England -

You can't play the age card when comparing players, if/when he fulfills his potential then you can begin your comparison.

Goalkeepers are quite different from outfield players. This is why you have Brad Friedel still active at 40 and he has not missed a Premier League game for the past 5 years. Keepers get better with age, not so for outfield players.

"Oxlade-Chamberlain is the best player in the world" - "No, Messi is" - "But Chamberlain is 6 years younger and will improve"
grin grin grin grin grin

Irrelevant!
Oxdale-Chamberlain is not a goalkeeper, neither is Messi.
Use a goalie example and we can have a proper debate.

Where's my jar of cookies when i need em. . .

It's in the gonads of your tabby-cat!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 10:04am On Feb 08, 2012
I have all the time in the world for De Gea.
Like i said earlier, he will cost us a few points in the short term but save a truck load in the long term.
Being a united keeper is not just about shot stopping ability and reflexes (ask Tim Howard). it is more about commanding the area, distribution and concentration.
commanding the area and concentration are two areas De Gea has to improve on massively.His distribution is already a class apart.To leave Madrid and come to England at the age of 20 tells a lot about his character and desire.If he makes gradual improvements in the aforementioned areas, i will sleep well,whether he costs us a few points here and there in the short term. He needs to come out of his shell, command his area and be more vocal.that talk of 'it is not his style' will not work.
the cross he flapped miserably with that horrible punch earlier in the game and the mystery of what he was attempting to do with his leg in the run up to that 1st goal are proof that he still has some way to go. playing behind an unstable back four has not done him much good,anyway.Come summer, he needs to sort out his eyes and bulk up in the gym.he is way too light weight at present.
Most importantly, Fergie needs to bite the bullet and just stick by him. Rotating keepers is not a viable option and dropping him after every media hyped error will do him no good.He will only improve by being on the pitch. Stick him in and just let him get on with it.
Funny enough, i was not surprised by that free kick save nor the Cahill header save either. That is how highly i rate the lad.
Lindergard is nothing spectacular and if Fergie decides to bin De Gea (which i consider a silly option), it must not be for Lindergard who is no better at present and would obviously be worse in the future.
He is just more vocal.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 10:23am On Feb 08, 2012
^^ better human being cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 11:11am On Feb 08, 2012
montelik:

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Why d hell is Giggs breaking away from d wall before a freekick again, after he cost us a goal at kkklanfield. If he doesn't have d discipline to stay in d wall, he better let someone else line up in it.

afrodoc:

somtyms i doubt if dis football teams have a background video room staff d way they hav in American sports! nd if they do they surely dont carry out post-game analysis lyk d NBA n NFL teams.d number of tyms football teams repeat d same mistakes is alarming e.g d Giggs error dt Montelik picked up n errors by Evans,Evra,Carrick (our most notorious repeat offenders).
P.S dt DE GEA save was world class
There should be a law banning Giggs from being part of the wall.
The issue of Evra will not be resolved by video analysis. I think he is having a deep seated problem.When he was giving Sturidge acres of space and showing him into the byline despite the fact that he had someone covering the inside (where he should have shepherded him to ), i was screaming and wondering what was going on in his head. seconds later, it was a goal.
What was he thinking when he ignored Kuyt for that goal last week?
His lapses in concentration cannot be cured by video analysis.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by AjanleKoko: 11:26am On Feb 08, 2012
Emperoh:

Bros how far?

You no try for me oo.
Didn't even reply to any of my mails.

How body?

Shyt. No vex.
I was out of town for a long while in January, and have been somewhat busy.
How we go do am?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 1:55pm On Feb 08, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Shyt. No vex.
I was out of town for a long while in January, and have been somewhat busy.
How we go do am?
Chairman, try look my side o!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by tkb417(m): 2:48pm On Feb 08, 2012
we no go buy person for Man U again?

angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 1st August 2020 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.