Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder (1345 Views)

Is Senator Bala Ibn'Nallah's Dress Code To An Event Right? (pics) / "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder / Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by DRANOEL(m): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2007
just to clearify issues, what happened in benue was that the governor on a visit to gboko local govt secretariate was met with scantily dressed girls wearing tight leggings who were supposed to be staffs of the office,he there after directed that hence forth ladies should dress appropriately while going to the office and if you must wear trousers it should be trouser suit (more like what happens in the banks) and the working environment should be given a sense of decency.the order was restricted to office staff!

now i dont see anything wrong with this,ladies shouldnt dress naked to their work environment,on the day in question a lady who attended to the governor left her tommy showing and was wearing tight jeans in an office!

people posting topics should do a thorough search before posting!
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by DRANOEL(m): 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2007
and before i forget,the ban was for only work places in gboko and makurdi
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 10, 2007
Where are all the BIGOTs come out and make a statement that will trace the latest developments back to Islam.
Shame on you. Please find out if the Chairman is a moslem so you can have more rubbish to say
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by bigspif(m): 4:59pm On Aug 10, 2007
aisha2:

Where are all the BIGOTs come out and make a statement that will trace the latest developments back to Islam.
Shame on you. Please find out if the Chairman is a moslem so you can have more rubbish to say

Abi !!! the thing almost cause civil war for nairaland grin grin grin Abeg my people next time understand the low down before una begin breath pepper.
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by DRANOEL(m): 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2007
big spif:

Abi !!! the thing almost cause civil war for nairaland grin grin grin Abeg my people next time understand the low down before una begin breath pepper.

to think they claimed to be intelligent
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by PawPaw3(m): 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2007
Abeg no mind tribalist nigerians with rumors.
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by Tats(m): 1:56am On Aug 11, 2007
It is unlikely that a state where the Governor is a Lawyer (Unilag graduate) and a christian would be against women wearing trousers. People should think carefully and get their facts right before making hasty conclusions. See his profile. http://www.suswam.com/profile.htm
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by DisGuy: 3:05am On Aug 11, 2007
Nigerianssss we hail theee grin
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by DRANOEL(m): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2007
@tats

not just the governor being christian,also the deputy governor,all commissioners,all assemblymen,all ministers representing the state, all protem local govt chairmen in the state,all senators and house members representing the state.

this goes to show the level of intelligence of some nairaland members,i think seun should carry out aptitude test before members are accepted on the forum,a simple moral issue turns religious and islam is bashed for something they no nothing about.

if at all any religion should be blasted it should be christianity for trying to start a crusade in benue(that is if the nairaland illitrates fail to read between the lines)
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by wendymanda: 4:27am On Aug 15, 2007
Thank you for clarifying. It was funny to find out that the original Benue state trouser ban thread was like playing Chinese telephone, hear one thing stretch it so far out that it becomes something else extremely different. So one question I have is since it is a workplace ban and not a statewide ban if someone was to wear leggings to work is the police called in or does the employer take actions into his own hands. Now that I understand the truth of the matter I actually commend the governor for what he did. Even though it is sort of infringing on people's rights it is however necessary to be appropriately dressed for work.
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by DisGuy: 4:43am On Aug 15, 2007
Even though it is sort of infringing on people's rights it is however necessary to be appropriately dressed for work.

and you also said it is necessary to dress appropriately for work undecided

here after directed that hence forth ladies should dress appropriately while going to the office
I don't really see how this is infringing on people's rights, im 99.9% sure those workers are not graphic designers that can wear anything the feel comfy in
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2007
I was hoping that since this issue has been clafiried some people will come and appologise for making false and inflamatory statements.
Well, i just have to welcome myself back to the world. Those peole are not concerned about Nigeria's progress, they sit and wait for any bad thing to happen in Nigeria so they can insult their own country to justify the sorry state they have unfortunately found living in.
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by laudate: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2007
@Dranoel, Aisha2, Dis Guy, Big Spif

Una all dey talk like say una no sabi Nairaland. Many folks just put pen to paper (abi, na fingers to their keyboard), without stopping to think long and hard for one second, about the topic under discussion or what they are going to put into print.

They have so much ignorance and hate in their souls that, if they don't vent their spleen on the most innoucous person, they would go bananas from holding it all in. Abeg, make una leave matter for Mathias. Like I always say. . . .God dey!! wink
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by DisGuy: 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2007
aisha2:

I was hoping that since this issue has been clafiried some people will come and appologise for making false and inflamatory statements.
Well, i just have to welcome myself back to the world. Those peole are not concerned about Nigeria's progress, they sit and wait for any bad thing to happen in Nigeria so they can insult their own country to justify the sorry state they have unfortunately found living in.

you are one brave lady o!! apologise? apologise?? i cant believe it !! you are asking for their right eyes lol, ignorant people are too big for themselves you know

try using the following words in any of your sentence and you will see them flocking in here like its Xmas - hausa, Muslims, sharia, wink
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by laudate: 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2007
Dis Guy:

you are one brave lady o!! apologise? apologise?? i can't believe it !! you are asking for their right eyes lol, ignorant people are too big for themselves you know

try using the following words in any of your sentence and you will see them flocking in here like its Xmas - hausa, Muslims, sharia, wink

Hahahaha. . . . .ohh, Dis Guy mind yahself o!   wink Di last time I laughed this much, I fell off my chair inside di church. They had to kill a cow, before I could agree to get up! Yes, ke! tongue Now you are trying to make me fall off the same chair again. . . . na forty-one cows you go kill this time before I get up.  grin
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by DRANOEL(m): 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2007
laudate:

@Dranoel, Aisha2, Dis Guy, Big Spif

Una all dey talk like say una no sabi Nairaland. Many folks just put pen to paper (abi, na fingers to their keyboard), without stopping to think long and hard for one second, about the topic under discussion or what they are going to put into print.

They have so much ignorance and hate in their souls that, if they don't vent their spleen on the most innoucous person, they would go bananas from holding it all in. Abeg, make una leave matter for Mathias. Like I always say. . . .God dey!! wink
i think it was pasted in some peoples minds that hausa/fulani/muslim are words that they should be weary of!
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by wendymanda: 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2007
and you also said it is necessary to dress appropriately for work

That is why I put the even though part. An employer can decide to tell his/ her employees what to wear. IF someone doesn't like it they can quit but to force a law on a whole state is senseless. Are you still confused about the statement Dis Guy?
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by DRANOEL(m): 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2007
@wendymanda

no law was forced on the whole state,it was restricted to office environment
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by DisGuy: 8:21pm On Aug 19, 2007
DRANOEL:

@wendymanda

no law was forced on the whole state,it was restricted to office environment

thanx man, the governors statement does not necessarily become law
Re: Dress Code In Benue,a Rejoinder by DRANOEL(m): 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2007
@ dis guy
some very educated people on the forum think its law

(1) (Reply)

Pipeline, Tanker Explode In Port Harcourt / United States Governor Admits Extramarital Affair After Going Awol / The Fulani Aristocracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.