Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari (21894 Views)

PDP Presidential Primary: I Will Defeat Atiku - Umahi / We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths / Ogboru The APC Governorship Candidate Buhari Called 'APC Presidential Candidate' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by kahal29: 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari has said he has no anointed candidate in the presidential primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Buhari said this at a meeting with governors at the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Monday.

According to Garba Shehu, Presidential spokesman, Buhari cleared all doubts about where he stands on the choice of a presidential candidate for the ruling party.

Shehu said the president told the party’s 14 governors of northern states that he has “no preferred candidate,” and has “anointed no one,” and is determined to ensure that “there shall be no imposition of any candidate on the party.”

“The President said he had a clear mind about what he was doing and asked the APC governors to feel the same way: “You were elected as I was. Have a clear mind as I have. God gave us the chance; we have no reason to complain. We must be ready to take pain as we take the joy. Allow the delegates to decide. The Party must participate, nobody will appoint anybody.”

Earlier in their addresses, the Chairman of the Northern Governors Forum, Governor Simon Bako Lalong and Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu of the Progressive Governors Forum, said they had come to affirm the position of the Northern Governors that the party’s candidate in the presidential election shall come from the southern part of the country.

They apologised to the President for the leakage of their signed memorandum which was not in support of any particular candidate and gave assurances to the President on their readiness to accept his leadership on the matter.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-i-wont-allow-imposition-of-candidate-says-buhari-on-apc-primaries

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by Nonybb: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting

MY SUBMISSION: This is great news for the people of the South East. If the presidency can't return to the SOUTH, "south-east" emphatically, let the north perpetually have it

73 Likes 11 Shares

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by helinues: 6:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
The media just dey enjoy themselves

grin

17 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 6:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
The Northern governors running up and down are the ones that feel that they are trapped in Apc and might fall if the party goes down i.e. Ganduje, Elrufai etc.

Adamu is working for PDP and Atiku will likely face an unpopular Lawan in the general election.

And Atiku will win by a very decent margin.

Atiku is more popular than Lawan in the North and by miles popular than Lawan in the South.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by lawnreigh(m): 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
APC will soon �⚡�

3 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by Agwotulumbe(f): 6:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
dude is just playing too clean and innocent cheesy
while doing dirty work underneath with Adamu.
only a newbie doesn't know old tactics of buhari.

Same tactics he used to oust oshiomole and install Buni pretend he's innocent of the situation and be dealing with you simultaneously.
come on you don't expect buhari to appear undemocratic in the eyes of international communities naaa.
you think his sole purpose of appointing his preferred Apc chairman is not this hour?

trust me, unless a dying minute twist.
Lawan is Buhari's candidate.

2 things I'm certain

Buhari has his candidate and it's not Tinubu

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by seunmsg(m): 6:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
“The President said he had a clear mind about what he was doing and asked the APC governors to feel the same way: “You were elected as I was. Have a clear mind as I have. God gave us the chance; we have no reason to complain. We must be ready to take pain as we take the joy. Allow the delegates to decide. The Party must participate, nobody will appoint anybody.”

Guys, no need to panic at this point. It’s a free, fair and credible primary election or nothing. No unpopular candidate will be imposed on the party.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 6:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
Nonybb:
Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting

MY SUBMISSION: This is great news for the people of the South East. If the presidency can't return to the SOUTH, "south-east" emphatically, let the north perpetually have it
How does me running and falling makes you win a race if you refuse to get in the race

Wike tried and fail, you people celebrated like you have won

Now this !

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by rayvelez(m): 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
It’s getting boring reading the same rubbish every minutes. Just get the charade convention done make we rest.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
seunmsg:

Irrelevant consolation. End of amala and ewedu stipend! cheesy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by sogodihno: 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2022
When exactly is the convention please? I thought it is this night.

All these nonsense has to end latest tomorrow night

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
helinues:
The media just dey enjoy themselves

grin

Is that all you can say? You can't scream jagabat abi na jagarat again? Amala and ewedu stipend has ended cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by sogodihno: 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
OmovuduTheBeast:

Irrelevant consolation. End of amala and ewedu stipend! cheesy

Why don't you wait till after primary election before gloating?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
On your mandate, on your mandate, on your mandate we shall slump.

On your mandate, on your mandate, on your mandate we shall slump.

everybody abeg join me..... On your mandate, on your mandate, on your mandate we shall slump

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2022
sogodihno:
When exactly is the convention please? I thought it is this night.

All these nonsense has to end latest tomorrow night

Amala and ewedu stipend has ended cheesy

2 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by xnsandrxns: 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2022
Forget all the meth inspired thrash
Election will hold
And the winner has always been known
Long Live BAT

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:50pm On Jun 06, 2022
sogodihno:

Why don't you wait till after primary election before gloating?

SHUT UP!!! YOU SHAMELESS STIPEND COLLECTOR

7 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by Agwotulumbe(f): 6:50pm On Jun 06, 2022
seunmsg:

Guys, no need to panic at this point. It’s a free, fair and credible primary election or nothing. No unpopular candidate will be imposed on the party.
lol
but Tinubu can impose anyone on Lagosians.

When Buhari is done with Tinubu, Lagos will be finally liberated.

who knows this is Tinubu's otoge
hahahahaha

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by SimplePlan34: 6:52pm On Jun 06, 2022
Where Adamu come see in own. Any Osinbajo for the trophy talk Ur own I talk my own.
Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by opalu: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
Good
Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by Dannybammz: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by visijo(m): 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
Rubbish!!!

Good English is very important there is nothing like "How was your day" is either you say "How was your day" or rather say "How was your day" The "How" is supposed to come before "Was" then followed by "Day" so stop saying "How was your day" and start saying "How was your day"..period

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by PericomaNwankwo: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
Igbosky captured in Igboland

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by DamnNiggar: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
grin
Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by workchopNG: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
So much drama already... All be like "try your luck, if dem no talk, we move ahead; but if dem talk, we try another luck."

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by Sabadon(m): 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
Peter obi 2023.......we can do it

7 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by LibertyRep: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
When did the president change his mind about hand picking his successor?

This people be playing themselves like ping pong
Re: APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#adeosungate: Drama, Intrigues That Preceded Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation / Buhari Has Betrayed Youths By Assembling Analogue Ministers – LP / If Nigeria Breaks Up, Abuja Will Be A Separate Country – Sumner Shagari Sambo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.