Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates (7466 Views)

APC Rules Out Statutory Delegates / Court Okays Statutory Delegates To Vote In APC National Convention, Others / APC Primary: Tinubu's Chances At Risk Over Exclusion Of Statutory Delegates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by oshozondii: 10:40pm On Jun 06, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7160397/court-okays-statutory-delegates-vote

The Court of Appeal in Abuja on Monday restrained the National Assembly from imposing statutory delegates at the All Progressives Congress (APC) convention.

Justice Haruna Tsammani also restrained the enforcement of a Federal judgement delivered on June 3 granting the enforcement of amended of Section 84(cool of the Electoral Act, 2022.

The ex parte application by APC National Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu was filed by A. A. Popoola and Karma Fagbemi.

The lawyers prayed the appellate court to stay the execution of the High Court verdict delivered by Justice A. M. Liman in suit number FHC/KN/CS/137/2022.

It permitted Senator Mas’ud El-Jibrin Doguwa, Hon. Habila Sani, Hon. Bilyaminu Yusuf Shinkafi, the Senate, the House of Representatives and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to enforce the amendment.

Furthermore, Justice Tsammani directed the service of processes of the order by substituted means against the parties in the matter.

The judge adjourned hearing of the motion on notice for stay of execution to June 9.

Adamu argued that Section 84(cool of the Electoral Act on statutory delegates’ participation in the primary was in conflict with Section 223 of the Nigerian Constitution of 1999 and Article 20(iv) of the APC Constitution.

He further contended that the suit was filed in Kano on May 24 without joining of the Attorney General of the Federation, the Chief Law Officer of the Federation.
https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/06/apc-convention-court-of-appeal-stops-national-assembly-from-imposing-statutory-delegates/
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by Jennyjay283: 10:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
Hmmm.
As usual!
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by Yankee101: 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
Apc already said they won’t select candidates
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by Salvador1: 10:50pm On Jun 06, 2022
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by slivertongue: 11:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
Late arrival
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by helinues: 11:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
And when would that take effects?
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by Joblin222: 4:19am On Jun 07, 2022
Nawa oo
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by ufotunang: 4:20am On Jun 07, 2022
Senators also want to cash in from the APC primaries

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by purplerope: 4:23am On Jun 07, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by Realist12: 4:23am On Jun 07, 2022
If the north and Buhari truly wants the continuation of Nigeria, then they should allow a free and fair primaries.
There are few things to note about the south east .
The masses want Biafra
The elites want political power
They have nothing to lose their game plan is negative hence they are in support of the north retaining the presidency or better still Peter Obi from labour party clinches it which is actually highly impossible.
The Southwest is the region holding the South with little or no agitation.
And I believe the political elites know what to do .
I for one has always been happy Obi decamped from PDP to drive a point that presidency must come to the South, but looking at it Obi should have stayed in PDP to fight it till the end and he and Wike could have aligned with either emerging the PDP candidate.
That's why I'm against Osinbajo aspirations coz he's also light weighted over ambitious politician and he's going to reduce the chances of the southwest.
I hope this can be rectified with the body language from the APC chairman declaration yesterday.
Those referring to Tinubu effort in defeating Jonathan are either dumb or schizophrenic. We were all complaining about the massive corruption in the government. Its the duty of an opposition to try to take power and Jonathan was not just clueless but weak . But who would have known Buhari government will come with these hardship.
I will always support Tinubu, I'm a beneficiary of his policies and visions like wise all Lagosians, every Nigerian that is beneficiary of the working system in Lagos and contributes to Nigeria is also a beneficiary, I can tell you he's the most experienced and prepared for this at this time

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by PreacherMan007: 4:24am On Jun 07, 2022
Medicine after death.. Emi lo kan cruise aka Tinubu already wallowing in tears.. Let's all be OBI-dient by using our PVC to vote in a non-questionable character, PETER OLUKAYODE OBI.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by mannobi(m): 4:24am On Jun 07, 2022
Nothing is right in this buhari government.
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by fantasy2018: 4:26am On Jun 07, 2022
lAI Mohamed NEEDS SOME TEETH WIHITENING!
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by iconnecta(m): 4:26am On Jun 07, 2022
wahala no dey finish
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by jaxxy(m): 4:29am On Jun 07, 2022
helinues:

Has already been in effect since.
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by helinues: 4:30am On Jun 07, 2022
jaxxy:

Has already been in effect since.

Appeal judgement when SC have the final say.

Apc will approach SC court while the judgement will be useless
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by teens(m): 4:33am On Jun 07, 2022
Hummmmmmm
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by jaxxy(m): 4:37am On Jun 07, 2022
helinues:

Already in effect from the chairman. it was never reversed. Consensus is the only option.

Adamu is a patriot.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by helinues: 4:38am On Jun 07, 2022
jaxxy:

Already in effect from the chairman. it was never reversed. Consensus is the only option.

Adamu is a patriot.

Of course, consensus should be the only option now in Apc but un officially.

Point of corrections, Adamu is a parrot, he has been hiding since Apc NWC, Apc Northern governors andnthe presidency denied his statement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by Opinedecandid(m): 4:39am On Jun 07, 2022
Afon.

Buhari 2
Tinubu 0

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by jaxxy(m): 4:46am On Jun 07, 2022
helinues:

Of course, consensus should be the only option now in Apc but un officially.

Point of corrections, Adamu is a parrot, he has been hiding since Apc NWC, Apc Northern governors andnthe presidency denied his statement

Where did u see buhari or his aide come out to deny anything?? This game has been planned since May. u are just seeing the manifestation now. Stay there.

Adamu is a patriot.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by helinues: 4:48am On Jun 07, 2022
jaxxy:

Where did u see buhari or his aide come out to deny anything?? This game has been planned since May. u are just seeing the manifestation now. Stay there.

Adamu is a patriot.

Hahahaha, this one don missed some vital informations regarding Apc presidential primary before dancing Azukulu dance on Adamu's earlier statement

Again, Adamu is a parrot

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by jaxxy(m): 4:53am On Jun 07, 2022
helinues:

Hahahaha, this one don missed some vital informations regarding Apc presidential primary before dancing Azukulu dance on Adamu's earlier statement

Again, Adamu is a parrot

The vital information is with Buhari and adamu has Buhari's full backing. This is smtn that been concluded since.

Adamu is a patriot.
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by opalu: 5:49am On Jun 07, 2022
Lol
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by essentialone(m): 5:55am On Jun 07, 2022
LABOUR PARTY state chairmen

Ekiti state - Barr. Okunade Odunayo 08060860282

FCT - DIUGWU CHUKWUEMEKA PETER 08052552096

Nasarawa State - Hon Alex Emmanuel Ombugu 08065493386

Anambra State - Hon. Emeh Ugochukwu Emmanuel 08037113906

Lagos State - Prince (Prof.) Ifagbemi Awamaridi 08055163767

Enugu State - Barr Casmir Uchenna Agbo. 08035219191

Kwara State - High Chief kehinde Adekunle Rotimi 08036261922

Ogun State - Mr Ashade Michael Oluseyi 08161169961

Osun State - Prince Adebayo Bello 07064391636

Plateau State - Hon. Grace Zafara 08065375421

Benue State - Comrade Ibrahim Idoko Otene 08063643838

Oyo State - Atayese Olatunji Sadiq 07088956726

Taraba State - Esther J. Gulmu 08025159970

Borno State - Ularamu Jibirla 08099100163

Imo State - Chief. Onyekwere A. 08037082339

Ondo State - Mrs. Remilekun Ojo 08164576406

Kaduna State - Mohammed Abdullahi

Jigawa State - Isyaku Aliyu 08164467296

Kano State - Mohammed Abdullahi Raji 08023622594

Sokoto State - Hon. Abdurrahim Imam Chindo 08069145871

Akwa Ibom State - Lincoln Charles 08082471603

Adamawa State - Christopher Nicholas 08032611572

Bayelsa State - Eneyi Zidougha 08141555460

Kogi State - Ahmed Abdul 07032111557

Niger State - Musa A. Mohammed 08163340898

Zamfara State - Comrade Yahuza Ahmed 08142866573

Bauchi State - Barrister Hussaini Saraki 08064817460

Gombe State - Alhaji Sani Abdulsalam 08022729996

Cross River State - Ambassador Ogar Osim 08107801980

Rivers State - Dienye Pepple 08037371619

Delta State - Chief Anthony Ezeagwu 08033225995

Abia State - Hon. Ceekay Igara 08103388588

Yobe State - Ahmed Bukar Kolo 08065041726

Kebbi State - Umaru Dan Hajiya 08030467072

Edo State - Comrade Kelly Ogbaloi 08023356888

Katsina State - Ibrahim Abu Musawa 08036373805

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:57am On Jun 07, 2022
helinues:

Who is APC? grin grin
Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by redcliff: 6:31am On Jun 07, 2022
Realist12:
If the north and Buhari truly wants the continuation of Nigeria, then they should allow a free and fair primaries.
The masses want Biafra
They have nothing to lose their game plan is negative hence they are in support of the north retaining the presidency or better still Peter Obi from labour party clinches it which is actually highly impossible.
I for one has always been happy Obi decamped from PDP to drive a point that presidency must come to the South, but looking at it Obi should have stayed in PDP to fight it till the end and he and Wike could have aligned with either emerging the PDP candidate.
That's why I'm against Osinbajo aspirations coz he's also light weighted over ambitious politician and he's going to reduce the chances of the southwest.
I hope this can be rectified with the body language from the APC chairman declaration yesterday.
Those referring to Tinubu effort in defeating Jonathan are either dumb or schizophrenic. We were all complaining about the massive corruption in the government. Its the duty of an opposition to try to take power and Jonathan was not just clueless but weak . But who would have known Buhari government will come with these hardship.
I will always support Tinubu, I'm a beneficiary of his policies and visions like wise all Lagosians, every Nigerian that is beneficiary of the working system in Lagos and contributes to Nigeria is also a beneficiary, I can tell you he's the most experienced and prepared for this at this time

who would have known? TInubu knew the person he was helping to power. A leopard does not change its spot. Tinubu knew fully well what he put his hand into, Infact TInubu once condemned the 2nd aspiration of Buhari, saying he had no place in modern politics. The only people that did not know and were foolishly deceived into massively voting for Buhari are the young people, especially those who knew nothing about what he was like as a military dictator. you will ask why the people of SE rejected him in all instances, because they know him.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by ProfAmaben(m): 6:34am On Jun 07, 2022
Realist12:
The masses want Biafra

Support your tinubu and leave the Igbos out of your smelly gutter mouth. Perennial betrayers called the Yorubas, your people were massacred on Sunday, that's not your problem but the Igbos. Spits

6 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by DOTian: 6:46am On Jun 07, 2022
Realist12:
The masses want Biafra

If you support Tinupoo for overthrowing Jonathan, why are you against Osibanjo for daring to capture power? Is power only meant for Tinupoo? And what is all these noise about how Tinupoo did this and that in Lagos? What exactly are those inventive policies he put down in Lagos? He recruited his boys into power? Fashola then cleared Oshodi!? Lol! What exactly? Oh! Tax and Spend? He was busy imposing huge tax increases on struggling businesses to do what exactly? Build roads that are also done elsewhere? Someone said Eko Atlantic! I mean, how ridiculous can you guys be? How many housing estates spring up in Abuja on monthly basis? Why are the endless Ministers of the FCT not being worshipped for these same way you worship Tinupoo?

Lagos doesn't even have the best road network in Nigeria, neither do the have the best hospitals or schools, yet they have an economy as big as Ghanas! A function of her status as the former Nigerias capital. Simple! Go to Jigawa and see what Sule Lamido did. Lamido turned Jigawa around! New airport, new housing estates, urban roads. What did Tinupoo do? Lagos was built by federal heavy investments on infastructure! Tinupoo to me is a colorless politician who was just lucky to be manning the most prosperous state in Nigeria. Unless you were born in the 90s, otherwise you will know that Lagos was made before Tinupoo. As at the time of Marwa and Otedolas, Lagos was doing very well.

3 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Stops National Assembly From Imposing Statutory Delegates by Truthisunique2: 6:48am On Jun 07, 2022
helinues:
immediately

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Population To Surpass U.S By 2050 / Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader / We Won’t Deploy INEC Officials To Danger Zones – Okoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.