Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust (48524 Views)

Soot: Submit Names Of 'kpofire' Operators Within Your Locality To Council, DELGA / Senate Gives Buhari 5 Days To Submit Names Of Ministerial Nominees / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by JEWELofHELL666: 7:48am On Jun 07, 2022
Governors who are members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) have submitted the names of five presidential aspirants to President Muhammadu Buhari to select a consensus candidate from, Daily Trust reliably gathered this morning.

A reliable source told this paper that the governors submitted the names in the early hours of Tuesday.

The names, according to the source, included that of the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Governor Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti State), Rotimi Amaechi, former Minister of Transportation, and Governor Dave Umahi (Ebonyi State).

The governors had after meeting with the President said they will return to the villa after meeting with the party’s National Working Committee(NWC) and other stakeholders.

“They picked one from South-East, one from South-South and three from South-West geopolitical zones in line with their position that power should shift to the South,” he said.

He said the president is expected to pick from the list.

The presidential primary of the party holds today. The Senate President, Ahmad Lawan was named as the consensus candidate by the National Chairman, Senator Abdullahi Adamu. This was, however, punctured by the presidency.

Daily Trust will bring you live updates from Eagle Square, Abuja, venue of the convention.
https://dailytrust.com/exclusive-governors-submit-names-of-5-presidential-aspirants-to-buhari

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by JEWELofHELL666: 7:48am On Jun 07, 2022
According to sources, they've pruned further to 3 aspirants - Osinbajo, Amaechi and Tinubu.

The Progressives northern govs. have first pruned the number of aspirants they are taking to PMB to 5 (Osinbajo, Fayemi, Tinubu, Amaechi & Umahi). They’ve pruned further to 3 (Osinbajo, Amaechi & Tinubu) so that PMB can make his pick - source #APCPresidentialPrimaries #Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/7165697/apc-governors-narrow-consensus-amaechi

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Oplomo: 7:50am On Jun 07, 2022
Ok.. We dey wait. grin
Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by naijaguy1234(m): 7:51am On Jun 07, 2022
2 Horse race maybe. I think Tinubu and Rotimi. I still think the VP will step down at some point.

12 Likes

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by MadamVanessa(f): 7:51am On Jun 07, 2022
shocked

Forget it, if there's anyone Buhari will consider in this list, it's Osinbajo his house boy or Amaechi the Fulani railway house boy. Tinubu is likely to get his endorsement from Mc Oluomo.

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by sinkhole: 7:53am On Jun 07, 2022

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by kenzysmith: 7:53am On Jun 07, 2022
Uzour kalu seeing Dave umahi name there baba be like I for contest ooooo what if the mistakenly pick umahi grin

3 from South West is either Tunubu or osinbajo

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Chieffoo007: 7:53am On Jun 07, 2022
Tinubu
Emilokan

9 Likes

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Amspecial: 7:53am On Jun 07, 2022
grin
Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:54am On Jun 07, 2022
Ok. Fingers crossed.
Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by CalabarPikin: 7:54am On Jun 07, 2022
We d watch

APC all of a sodden opting for southern presidency is quite funny though.

All of that shit I guess is stand against Peter Obi
They'll really need to divide to rule even if it takes them loosing to PDP, so far as na north still dey power

If two northerners emerges (APC and PDP), then Peter Obi will definitely have south on side

That not withstanding though

HOW I'LL CAST MY VOTE FOR 2023

Presidency => LP (Peter Obi)
Gubernatorial => APC (Prince Otu)

I'm a strong PDP supporter, but this time, it should be individual, not party

Obi for President

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by LadyRosa(f): 7:54am On Jun 07, 2022
All these unnecessary delay formalities.

I want Tinubu to win because I like political thieves.
Corrupt leaders makes some businesses to thrive.God already promised us our daily bread,the EXTRA wey you finally get no suppose dey legit na.And na their the big money dey

Peter Obi and osibanjo will close all avenues cry

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Neduzze5(m): 7:54am On Jun 07, 2022
We allow the game play out it's full course.

But we do not forget that on H.E Peter Obi's mandate do we stand.

Kindly show your presence!!!

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by CrownOfClay724: 7:54am On Jun 07, 2022
Let it take them twenty years, what is certain is that they will still come out with a disaster like Buhari.

Evil can not choose good.

5 Likes

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by konezy1(m): 7:54am On Jun 07, 2022
Noted

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by fasmukol: 7:54am On Jun 07, 2022
This APC movie dey sweet me sha...
Even champions league no dey sweet reach am.

11 Likes

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 07, 2022
Tinubu for president cool

5 Likes

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Johnny147147: 7:54am On Jun 07, 2022
Its Amaechi or nobody

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Zico5(m): 7:54am On Jun 07, 2022
Let the suspense continue. But one thing is sure, no one can scheme BAT out of any political equation. Even Buhari can never try it. I don't want Tinubu before but because of South east urchins on Nairaland and those that hate Yoruba with passion, I join to pronounce that Tinubu will win today with landslide. It's sure die. Igbo can go to PDP and line up for vice president. That's where they belong.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by JosephXavier: 7:54am On Jun 07, 2022
Tinubu's outburst where he called Buhari a failure has diminished his chances even further

The presidency didn't react to it and knows that the decision will finally come to his table, thus he exercised enough restriction

If you're the president, would you settle for such a man?

Kayode Fayemi isn't even in the picture

Osinbajo yet isn't the best choice because for him to come up against Tinubu, his boss shows he is over ambitious and can't be trusted

Dave Umahi is just a new decamped who haven't contributed much to the growth of APC and has no structure and party loyalists in APC

Amaechi may not have the tired against him except that he was running round the stadium when his ministry is in crises

Anybody they finally settle for, it shouldn't be Tinubu that thinks that it is his birthright to be president

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Tecnophone: 7:55am On Jun 07, 2022
Ok
Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Terrier99: 7:55am On Jun 07, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked
Forget it, if there's anyone Buhari will consider in this list, it's Osinbajo his house boy.

But you said Amaechi is the chosen one.

6 Likes

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Rahkman: 7:55am On Jun 07, 2022
Make all of them getat! Abeg

3 Likes

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Rebuke: 7:55am On Jun 07, 2022
Smh, I can't just wait for this APC primary election to be over. They seem so confused and they are disturbing the public space with their" directionlessness."

I can't believe a ruling party can be in so much disarray. What a shame.

3 Likes

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Liebermantic: 7:55am On Jun 07, 2022
Amaechi should be chosen as the consensus candidate

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by DMerciful(m): 7:55am On Jun 07, 2022
They're just doing merry-go-round, they'd still come back to Lawan!

Nigeria needs Peter Obi at a time like this!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by CheapHomes1: 7:56am On Jun 07, 2022
JEWELofHELL666:
According to sources, they've pruned further to 3 aspirants - Osinbajo, Fayemi and Tinubu.

https://www.nairaland.com/7165697/apc-governors-narrow-consensus-amaechi

According to which sources?
Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by silvoclaira: 7:56am On Jun 07, 2022
Like for OSIBANJO. Share for AMAECHI

39 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Governors Submit Names Of 5 Presidential Aspirants To Buhari - Daily Trust by Winters23: 7:56am On Jun 07, 2022
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Identify MKO Abiola And Obasanjo In This Throwback Photo? / Woman Photoshopped Herself Into Zahra And Ahmed Indimi's Wedding Photos / Copy Of The Petition Against The Deputy Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.