Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,389 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. (9669 Views)

Is Festus Okoye & INEC Shameless Or Being Evil? Look At INEC Guidelines / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa To Reveal Contents Of Judicial Panel Report If Tampered With / APGA Complied With INEC Guidelines- Oye APGA National Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
No more rigging. Labour Party votes will count in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by virus05(m): 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
Nice

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by Foolishbuhari: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
With the BVAS device, such vulnerabilities are made very tight....
And the new Electoral Act made it to be that there are no more rooms for the bye-passing of the BVAS Accreditation..
Thus, if the BVAS device successfully recognised up to 568 voter's cards, but it ended up authenticating only 46 people,, then, only 46 voters are expected to vote, and not 568 (not even 400 or 50 sef). If not, the election in that Polling-Unit would be voided.
With these new stringent rules,, how exactly can such a rigging be carried out in the hinterlands??
I really need the details to be broken down for me, so I can know how far we are preparing.
Fergie001 please let's get answers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by 2blessed01(m): 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
Ok...

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by Kormex: 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2022
INEC SHOULD PROVIDE MACHINES FOR NEW PVC REGISTRATIONS IN ENUGU. PEOPLE REALLY WANTS TO GET THEIR PVC THERE IN ENUGU.

BluntCrazeMan:
These ones I listed above are the very important ones, which I think we should all know for now, as we prepare for the 2023 General Elections, and beyond.
I AM NOT SURE YET, WHETHER INEC WOULD USE THESE GUIDELINES IN THE UPCOMING EKITI-STATE AND OSUN-STATE GUBERNATORIAL ELECTIONS..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
Crixxx:
Igbos can you tell me why your politicians and elites are not united and don't speak with 1 voice? Including Ohaneze the criers.

I need intelligent debate
It's too complicated bro.
We can't finish the debate in one day.
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2022
classicben3:
So inec dey use WordPress grin grin grin
You sef,, see where your eye rush go...
grin grin cheesy
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 3:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
9jatriot:
You are looking for loopholes to rig?

If you are not then you are aiding and abetting
No..
Not loopholes..
The guy said it was possible naa.
I needed to know the ways, so we can start now to set mechanisms in place to protect our mandate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
RoyalDiadems:
Any guideline that can frustrate all rigging attempts is welcome.
Please, according to your own judgement,, does this recent INEC’s guidelines do justice to that?
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by Okarakwu: 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
Very tight ,I hope Angel Michael will be handling the BVAS at the polling units and Angel Gabriel will be at the election collation centers to be handle the mother computer...foolproof grin
BluntCrazeMan:
And the new Electoral Act made it to be that there are no more rooms for the bye-passing of the BVAS Accreditation..
Thus, if the BVAS device successfully recognised up to 568 voter's cards, but it ended up authenticating only 46 people,, then, only 46 voters are expected to vote, and not 568 (not even 400 or 50 sef). If not, the election in that Polling-Unit would be voided.
With these new stringent rules,, how exactly can such a rigging be carried out in the hinterlands??
I really need the details to be broken down for me, so I can know how far we are preparing.

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
visijo:
Stay away from people who think their charger would develop a fault if you use it…
Some chargers do that for real ooo

2 Likes

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by RoyalDiadems: 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
According to your own judgement,, does this recent INEC’s guidelines do justice to that?

To an extent it would work but definitely not 100%.

Additionally, I can assure you that some IT geeks would be currently working hard to see how they would be able to hack into the system.

Moreso, rural areas where there are little or no network connectivity would constitute a big problem to this system.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by visijo(m): 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Some chargers do that for real ooo
how is that even possible? grin
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by Themandator: 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
These ones I listed above are the very important ones, which I think we should all know for now (that is, as we prepare for the 2023 General Elections and beyond).
I AM NOT SURE YET, WHETHER INEC WOULD USE THESE GUIDELINES IN THE UPCOMING EKITI-STATE AND OSUN-STATE GUBERNATORIAL ELECTIONS..

The guidelines are products of the new electoral act... They are in force for all elections even if it holds today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by Themandator: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2022
Okarakwu:
Very tight ,I hope Angel Michael will be handling the BVAS at the polling units and Angel Gabriel will be at the election collation centers to be handle the mother computer...foolproof grin

This acts makes humans less important... Unless they snapo you and the BVAS confirms. That you own the finger print in it data base, you are not voting

Then before now, consideration use to be for registered voters, now it is numbers of collected PVCs in a unit that determines whether election will be declared inconclusive

For court cases, it is accredited voters for that particular election

So yes this method solves almost all rigging problems because they can now be proved in the courts with ease

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
honestivo:
Nigeria Politician can manipulate any process they will yahoo the process
Na lie jarre.
They cannot hack this very process.
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
hopman98:
Rigging go hard now o but it'll only lead to more and more votes buying. If the machine no see ur card, u no go vote be dat.. grin. Inflation of figures and snatching of ballot boxes will also reduce. Impressive!
Even if the machine sees your card, but it wasn't your thumb-print and/or computerised-triangulated face that the computer is seeing, you're not voting ooo.
Even if the machine sees 346 cards, but it only accepted/authenticated 67 individual voters, my brother, only 67 voters (or less) number of votes is what we are expecting ooo.

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by Okarakwu: 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
Isorite
Themandator:

This acts makes humans less important... Unless they snapo you and the BVAS confirms. That you own the finger print in it data base, you are not voting

Then before now, consideration use to be for registered voters, now it is numbers of collected PVCs in a unit that determines whether election will be declared inconclusive

For court cases, it is accredited voters for that particular election

So yes this method solves almost all rigging problems because they can now be proved in the courts with ease

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by hopman98: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Even if the machine sees your card, but it wasn't your thumb-print and/or computerised-triangulated face that the computer is seeing, you're not voting ooo.
Even if the machine sees 346 cards, but it only accepted/authenticated 67 individual voters, my brother, only 67 voters (or less) number of votes is what we are expecting ooo.
omo, na to dey buy an entire polling booth voters be dat o

2 Likes

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
Okarakwu:
Wherever there are multiple checks-and-balances, errors along the line are easily detected.
The only space for rigging here is only at the input end, and no more along the line of Collation.
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

To an extent it would work but definitely not 100%.

Additionally, I can assure you that some IT geeks would be currently working hard to see how they would be able to hack into the system.

Moreso, rural areas where there are little or no network connectivity would constitute a big problem to this system.
About Network Connectivity, let's continue to watch the system.
INEC really wanted to get it right this time.
Let's continue to watch them, and at the same time, continue to support them

2 Likes

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
Themandator:

The guidelines are products of the new electoral act... They are in force for all elections even if it holds today
Confiiirrmm.!!!

Thus, I am going to monitor the Ekiti State and the Osun State Elections full-time based on the provisions of the new INEC Guidelines...
It is going to be very sweet ooo..
Watching the desperate Politicians running helter-sketer trying to manipulate the figures.

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by pcagbaji(m): 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Fergie001,, with the new provisions of the Electoral Act 2022, and the procedures stipulated in the INEC Guidelines,, do you think that it would still be easy for desperate Politicians to rig the elections??
Yes oh those areas a party believe he can not win , they will cause problem so that the unit will be cancelled

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by saintkeppy(m): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:

They'll bribe so that votes in that polling unit will be counted.

In Nigeria, all this stringency are on paper, it will not translate to reality, pls don't take away bribe, bribery is going to be across board, party agents inclusive. So it is very possible to rig elections.

The best is, after normal accredictation, there comes voting, party agents witness the counting of vote at the polling units, then all party agent will sign the results sheet.

The other way round, transmission of the results immediately for acknowledgement for possible follow up in case of post elections tribunal will be nice too.
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:20pm On Jun 09, 2022
Okarakwu:
Isorite
Relax, if you have more things to say, just say them.
We are trying to establish a fact that Elections are now going to be transparent, and that our votes are going to begin to count for real.
So, if you really have a concern, please air it, let's look at it very well.
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2022
hopman98:
omo, na to dey buy an entire polling booth voters be dat o
That is, will you follow them to cast their votes??
Let's correct official rigging first.
And votes-buying will just die a natural death with it

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2022
pcagbaji:

Yes oh those areas a party believe he can not win , they will cause problem so that the unit will be cancelled
Na devil go punish them if the election later turns out to inconclusive..
Them go hear am.
(As if say na only them wey know how to cause problems naa..)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kachikwu & OPEC Agree Landmark Deal To Cut Oil Production,Oil Price Surge(photo) / Nigerian Customs To Deploy Drones At Seme Border / Fuel Scarcity: Timipre Sylva Speaks On Removing Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.