Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,346 members, 7,850,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

How Did The Delegates Vote ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did The Delegates Vote ? (1603 Views)

Kogi PDP Primary: I gave The Delegates Anointing Oil, that did it - Melaye / Guber Primaries: Tough Battles In Oyo, Sokoto, Rivers’ APC As Delegates Vote / Reps Amend Electoral Act To Allow Statutory Delegates Vote In Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did The Delegates Vote ? by GCFRin2034: 2:25am On Jun 09, 2022
A brief analysis here:
The three top contestants were BAT, Amaechi and PYO. I have listed the results of those who scored at least one vote. I also listed the total delegates per state and geopolitical zone even though not all of them voted.

Name Score
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu 1271
Rotimi Amaechi 316
Yemi Osibanjo 235
Ahmed Lawan 152
Yahaya Bello 47
David Umahi 38
Ben Ayade 37
Ahmed Yerima 4
Ogbonnaya Onu 1
Chukwuemeka Nwajuba 1

I am making a few assumptions here:
1. That Amaechi swept the entire south-south (asides from the 47 votes for Ayade).
2. That Yahaya, Yerima and Lawan did not get any votes in the south-east.
3. That the bulk of Osibanjo's votes came from the south-west.

Of course, these assumptions may be partially wrong. Especially No. 3. But let's assume for a second that they're true, then we get to the interesting part below:

The entire SE had 285 delegates. Out of these 285, 38 went to Umahi, 1 went to Ogbonnaya Onu and 1 went to Chukwuemeka N. Total of 40 votes for Igbo candidates. That's a leftover of 245 votes. (285-40 = 245).
So if No. 1 assumption above is correct that Amaechi got most of his votes from the SS, and No 2 assumption above is correct that SE did not vote for yahaya, yerima or lawan, that would then mean that the majority of SE votes went to Tinubu! Even if through Orji Uzo Kalu's influence, that Lawan managed to get 20 or 30 votes from Abia, that still leaves well over 200 votes that went to BAT from the SE.

Onto the second scenario, PYO scored 235 votes. Where did these votes come from? If the No. 3 assumption above is correct that the bulk of these votes came from the SW with a few from the NC, then means out of the total 411 available in the SW, that Tinubu got less from the SW than what he got from the SE !

I agree that this second scenario highly unlikely as it's mostly based on the No. 3 assumption, but do you follow my reasoning? Kindly refute with facts and logic only. No irresponsible or intellectually challenged outbursts please.

Does anybody have the breakdown of how the delegates voted ? I searched online but I couldn't find any. I want to know where PYO got his 235 votes from.

Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by Artisticity1: 2:41am On Jun 09, 2022
Maybe 54
Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by plaindealer: 2:46am On Jun 09, 2022
Debating assumptions is a waste of time.

Let us know when you have facts.

9 Likes

Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by shigishege: 3:03am On Jun 09, 2022
Wna just dey start to become real third class citizens. By 2023 wna go be Fourth class

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by GCFRin2034: 3:12am On Jun 09, 2022
shigishege:
Wna just dey start to become real third class citizens. By 2023 wna go be Fourth class

What's WNA ?
I said no intellectually challenged comments please.
Thank you. smiley

3 Likes

Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by GCFRin2034: 3:17am On Jun 09, 2022
plaindealer:
Debating assumptions is a waste of time.

Let us know when you have facts.

So you don't have the facts too ? I clearly asked for facts since I couldn't find the information I needed online.
If you know where to find that breakdown of the voting pattern, kindly share.
Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by LegendHero(m): 3:23am On Jun 09, 2022
GCFRin2034:

Tinubu got bloc vote in the SW and NW.

They will soon release how the delegates voted.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by princemillla(m): 3:40am On Jun 09, 2022
Majority of Tinubu votes came from south west north and part of se/se

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by Bluntguy: 3:44am On Jun 09, 2022
This op must be a master in pools betting and Betnaija with all these his analysis.

1 Like

Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by bryning899: 3:59am On Jun 09, 2022
Tinubu gets bloc votes in SW and North, Tinubu sweeps all delegates from Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, and Ondo, Osinbajo gets some his vote from Ogun, Imo mostly from SE, Amaechi gets edge in Rivers, Plateau, and mostly NC and SS... Tinubu gets more votes overall in all zones

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by TheNiceGuy(m): 4:16am On Jun 09, 2022
Saying SW voted massively for Oshinbajo is very wrong assumption.

Can't you see the actions and inactions of delegates sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by chukwuibuipob: 4:30am On Jun 09, 2022
Make una Online delegates REST

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by oz4real83(m): 4:54am On Jun 09, 2022
The southeast had a total of 285 delegates but all the southeast candidates accumulated a total of 40 votes. . This is what I have been saying, southeasterners never vote their own Igbos but will want to force other regions to vote Igbos as president whether the person likes it or not shocked. Uzor Kalu openly supported Lawal even when other fellow Igbos were contesting for the same position embarassed
Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by helinues: 5:01am On Jun 09, 2022
Tinubu got his votes across Nigeria.

Northerners, South West and SE candidates stepped down for him hence the Tsunami victory

Osinbajo perhaps indirectly conceded cos there was no fight from him regarding the votes he received
Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by DesChyko: 5:22am On Jun 09, 2022
Couldn't hold his sheet of paper while reading from it due to his shaky hands.

Couldn't hoist the party flag after his victory due to his shaky hands.

I wonder what they are really preparing BAT for undecided

I remember a certain play under PMB that is hinged on his passing away on the seat. I wonder if the fowl has come home to roost.
Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by plaindealer: 5:23am On Jun 09, 2022
DesChyko:

I remember a certain play under PMB that is hinged on his passing away on the seat. I wonder if the fowl has come home to roost.

grin grin

Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by ZIAZI(m): 5:28am On Jun 09, 2022
GCFRin2034:

So you don't have the facts too ? I clearly asked for facts since I couldn't find the information I needed online.
If you know where to find that breakdown of the voting pattern, kindly share.

If that were possible to get, you know how many delegates dem go hold for throat for refund? grin
Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by helinues: 5:28am On Jun 09, 2022
DesChyko:

Did you know as how vibrant Osinbajo is, he lose his vibrant yesterday as he was overwhelmed with how the event turned out.

You can't judge Tinubu's shaky hands yesterday cos the anxiety was there for all the candidates

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by Oshodipikin: 5:30am On Jun 09, 2022
Ok
Re: How Did The Delegates Vote ? by Bluish44(m): 8:04am On Jun 09, 2022
GCFRin2034:
A brief analysis here:
The three top contestants were BAT, Amaechi and PYO. I have listed the results of those who scored at least one vote. I also listed the total delegates per state and geopolitical zone even though not all of them voted.

Name Score
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu 1271
Rotimi Amaechi 316
Yemi Osibanjo 235
Ahmed Lawan 152
Yahaya Bello 47
David Umahi 38
Ben Ayade 37
Ahmed Yerima 4
Ogbonnaya Onu 1
Chukwuemeka Nwajuba 1

I am making a few assumptions here:
1. That Amaechi swept the entire south-south (asides from the 47 votes for Ayade).
2. That Yahaya, Yerima and Lawan did not get any votes in the south-east.
3. That the bulk of Osibanjo's votes came from the south-west.

Of course, these assumptions may be partially wrong. Especially No. 3. But let's assume for a second that they're true, then we get to the interesting part below:

The entire SE had 285 delegates. Out of these 285, 38 went to Umahi, 1 went to Ogbonnaya Onu and 1 went to Chukwuemeka N. Total of 40 votes for Igbo candidates. That's a leftover of 245 votes. (285-40 = 245).
So if No. 1 assumption above is correct that Amaechi got most of his votes from the SS, and No 2 assumption above is correct that SE did not vote for yahaya, yerima or lawan, that would then mean that the majority of SE votes went to Tinubu! Even if through Orji Uzo Kalu's influence, that Lawan managed to get 20 or 30 votes from Abia, that still leaves well over 200 votes that went to BAT from the SE.

Onto the second scenario, PYO scored 235 votes. Where did these votes come from? If the No. 3 assumption above is correct that the bulk of these votes came from the SW with a few from the NC, then means out of the total 411 available in the SW, that Tinubu got less from the SW than what he got from the SE !

I agree that this second scenario highly unlikely as it's mostly based on the No. 3 assumption, but do you follow my reasoning? Kindly refute with facts and logic only. No irresponsible or intellectually challenged outbursts please.

Does anybody have the breakdown of how the delegates voted ? I searched online but I couldn't find any. I want to know where PYO got his 235 votes from.

eku ise

(1) (Reply)

Femi Aribisala: Tinubu Committed Perjury / 2023: Tinubu, Peter Obi Divide Yoruba Groups / Tribal Bigot: Presidency Backs El-rufai, Reveals What Obi Did To Northerners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.