Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune (52186 Views)

2023 Presidency: Bandits Will Run If They Hear My Name - Wike / Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review / Buhari’s Cabinet: Ambode, Bindow, Abubakar To Get Ministerial Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by gamechanger547: 8:42am On Jun 09, 2022
And Reno was using reverse psychology yesterday after Tinubu won Apc presidential primaries that it's now easy for Atiku to defeat APC and that present VP would have been harder for Atiku to defeat. ( I was just laughing because Tinubu is now the one to beat in the coming presidential election and Atiku and PDP knows this fact hence their quick meeting by reps representing Him North, Wike - South south, makinde -South west and the guy in cap - South east).

Nigeria as a Country and it's Citizens are going through a lot with inflation and bloodshed all over the place and as such, Nigeria need a president that will be fair to every region, every tribe, every religion, all age groups, businesses, all residents, a unifying one who will unify the National, put in place policies that will lower inflation, boost production, bring in huge foreign investors hereby creating huge employment opportunities for citizens; I did my research on all hopefuls and found Tinubu as the main candidate who fill these criteria beyond reasonable doubt.

Though I'm not a fan of Tinubu but the above is the truth which is bitter to swallow and for many people because of ego, animosity, tribal hatred, religion fantastics, selfishness etc ( it somehow Even for me that ain't a fantastic, i don't tribal hate, I don't have any animosity, I'm not selfish etc)

He Tinubu is a man who mix easily with everyone in respect of tribe, religion, position or belief. He is a man who can't be cowed by anyone as president; This he showed when they ganged up against him and previous history reveal the same from AD days to ACN to APC.

He Tinubu had always stood his ground and fought for and with other people whether Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, Fulani, Edo etc to hold/occupy political offices despite the obstacle and their religious beliefs like if their interest. ( What can we say of other presidential aspirants? Or to what extent?)

PDP had an agreement to pick a Southerner to run for president after President Buhari's tenure but they turned round to throw the agreement into the waste basket due to Atiku and several other Northern PDP strong men selfish interest thinking the South is 2nd class or that the South interest means nothing! Wike fought to reclaim it but some Southern PDP strong men worked against him not to talk of present Sokoto state governor Tamb.. whom Wike spent a lot of River's State money on his presidential aspiration few years ago but who lost to the same Atiku and the same man betrayed him Wike!

APC had it own too as several people who don't honor agreement tried to throw the agreement of giving power back to the South into the waste basket but Tinubu wouldn't have it and stood his ground and fought for the honor of the South to be restored and God helped him.

Let me say that power would have easily gone back to the North if the VP, Amechi or any other Southern APC excluding Tinubu had won or better still, Nigeria won't have gotten equity if they won as they would have no true say in running the Country.

I remember watching on New several years ago when the economy of Country was not as it should and Tinubu took his economic master plan to Abuja and presented it to the authority and he accepted it but none saw implementation of it!. Tinubu saying I don't want and will not step on the presidents toes has a meaning!!!!

Recently, Deborah was said to be killed due to blasphemy and Atiku put out a message against the killing but he quickly deleted it when one or 2 Northern youths threatened him that his future political ambitious is on the line if he doesn't delete it!!!! He quickly deleted it and some people sent a message against his action but his response indirectly was that he chose to do what he wants!

How many times has Atiku condemned the bad ones amongst Fulani herds men that are always killings of famers whether the famers be Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, Tiv, Edo, calabar, jukun, chibok etc in their farms as well destruction of farmland and crops? How many times has he condemned killings of Christians or visited those places where they were killed or the family of those killed?

What about bombing of Christian and Muslim place of worship? Not when in power as it mandatory to visit or send a delegation when in power but physical visit or send delegation now that Atiku is no longer in power.

If the Nation and it's Citizens want to move forward and the North and South, Christians and Muslim want their voices to heard and their rights upheld as well as live in Unity without fear, then Tinubu is the best choice as per this coming presidential election but if Nigerians want and like an escalation of what's happening or something that will quickly lead to probably a Civil war, then vote otherwise so that when it escalate, people who are already tensed up or feedup will quickly results to self-help and reprisals which will make people start running to neighbouring countries like Chad, Niger, Cameroon and Benin.

Me I done talk my own based on wetin I dey see, read, watch and hear from people but na you get your vote and you're free to cast it for whoever you like .
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by ChrisP92(m): 8:45am On Jun 09, 2022
Gbam. After Asaba declaration that involved southern governors across partylines, d guy still go mumu. Karma!
Mynd44:
Basically, Tribune is saying God has left Okowa in the trenches
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by Damian10(m): 8:48am On Jun 09, 2022
Am neither a supporter of PDP nor APC but i think Wike's ruthlessness and iron fist may do a thing...but Dino kon keep him face make Atiku pick am for dat picture ooo grin
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by Milljack: 8:49am On Jun 09, 2022
I sincerely doubt Atiku will buy this, Atiku knows the implication of not picking a loyal and submissive VP,wike is too uncouth and careless with his statement he might end up causing more harm than good...wike is not even loved by his fellow South south PDP governor's.he has literally insulted all of them... Atiku won't buy that
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by arantess: 8:50am On Jun 09, 2022
alsudan:
After Atiku’s meeting with Wike, Ortom, Makinde and Ugwuanyi yesterday, I concluded that was the plan.

Where are the useless Okowa and the likes of Obaseki, Udom and Ihedioha that betrayed the South with the hope of emerging Atiku’s running mate.

You all betrayed your brother and hoped a Fulani man will trust you with power.

but the fulani always betrays other persons and chooses his own, isnt it?
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by Today007: 8:50am On Jun 09, 2022
If Wike is VP, I will vote pDP
His gra-gra is needed in leadership right now

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by misbahumansur(m): 8:51am On Jun 09, 2022
woke don talk say him no be anybody's running mate oo
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by truthCoder: 8:52am On Jun 09, 2022
Danniedpastor:

The Only south South that may consider Wike is Rivers state (not like he can sweep majority votes there). Peter Obi is our candidate.

For the NUGERIA OF OUR DREAM, vote PETER OBI

Very possible.

Some smart governors are rooting for Wike because he can fund an election with state money.

Despite the clamour that Atiku is rich, his wealth is limited if not supported by funds from other sources.
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by pat077: 8:54am On Jun 09, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Same social media, the youths are going to get their pvc, 2023 will shock you all.
okay. I hope so.
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by okpurukata(f): 8:55am On Jun 09, 2022
Choice of Wike is a clear indication that the tap of Rivers state dollars is still needed to prosecute the election for PDP. Atiku clearly cannot match Tinubu dollar for dollar. Lagos is richer than Rivers. 2023 elections will be highly dollarised.
If for any reason I don't vote Peter Obi, then I would go for Tinubu.
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by HeroicMeastro: 8:56am On Jun 09, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Whoever advised Atiku to pick Wike as his running mate want to bury Atiku politically. Atiku stood a chance of coming second in the election, while Jagaban third . Now his decision to pick Wike has dropped him to third position while Tinubu second.

The first position is reserved and kept for our Amiable Peter Obi. God bless the incoming.

What has your Peter Obi achieved so far in his political journey?
What are his legacies so far?
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by Opinedecandid(m): 8:59am On Jun 09, 2022
Mynd44:

Someone like Atiku who realizes this is his last chance to be president and is desperate for vote as he is faced with an equally strong candidate like Tinubu can

You see more than the rest.
After Lagos, Rivers is the second most populated State.
Atiku's chance is brightened with a VP like Wike

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by hotplate: 9:02am On Jun 09, 2022
i don't know if Okonjo Iwela would be interested in Nigeria politics for me i would have preferd her, she has the economic knowledge and her constituency the Women has not been considered fairly in the scheme of things looking at her candidacy she has alot of advantage to bring to Atiku and PDP in 2023
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by Munzy14(m): 9:02am On Jun 09, 2022
alsudan:
After Atiku’s meeting with Wike, Ortom, Makinde and Ugwuanyi yesterday, I concluded that was the plan.

Where are the useless Okowa and the likes of Obaseki, Udom and Ihedioha that betrayed the South with the hope of emerging Atiku’s running mate.

Careless talk...Ihedioha is not pushing to be VP...He is getting set to recover Imo from supreme court administrator who has slaughtered ImO youth like cow in abattoir...

Ihedioha will come on board when Tambuwal is set to lead...Two formidable combo.

Who ever Atiku picks will not stop the fact that he is the next president..

North will pay Tinubu in Jonathan coin of 2014.. grin grin

Give him ticket and attend night meeting with their own Atiku. cheesy

Atiku must pick a force in the south to secure 95% vote of North and ss..Then collect his 40% from SE and fewer percentage here and there..

You guys bring emotions to this game...Play it confidently.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by Akurakambe(m): 9:05am On Jun 09, 2022
obi58:

Look at it this way:

Atiku will bring in northern votes PDP
SS will be secured by Wike PDP
SE - Peter Obi but Easterners would choose Atiku/wike over Tinubu
SE - those agberos will largely support Tinubu but pockets like Oyo, Ekiti and Ondo could be won by PDP with some serious bribery.

Nothing is impossible

There's nothing that will make Atiku win any SE states in 2023 once Peter Obi is on the ballot. Go and write it down, even Wike and all the PDP governors won't change it.

For SS, Wike has many scores to settle with his colleagues and it won't be easy for him.
Also Peter Obi will perform extremely well in SS bcs for so many reasons.

SW.Tinubu
North. Atiku and Kwankwaso

2023 might not produce a clear cut winner at the first balloting.
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by AkumahTalk(m): 9:07am On Jun 09, 2022
A lot of people don't know that Wike is a campaigning machine. He speaks the language that the illiterates and downtrodden understands; which are the majority. As domineering as he is, he is also excellent in acting as a lieutenant. The only difference is that no one can press him the way they're pressing Osinbajo in that Aso Rock. Moreover, there is no Southerner as influencial as he is in PDP at the moment. The only option was Peter Obi and he has left. You need influence to win this election. Atiku and Wike are both vote farmers, they'll make a formidable team. I don't see any other options for Atiku.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by vRendoh(m): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2022
alsudan:

Correct! I would rather trust Wike ...
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by jamesversion: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2022
seunmsg:

Wike will be the Vice Presidential candidate of PDP. I told you about 2 or 3 years ago that Wike will be on the ballot either as president or vp candidate of PDP and you disagreed. I also told you no SE person will be on the ballot of any of the two major parties either as president or vp. Everything I predicted about 3 years ago is coming to play.

Show us the prediction? cheesy
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by amp01(m): 9:14am On Jun 09, 2022
Belial06:

You are talking nonsense. Is Wike more entrenched than my governor? H.E. Governor Obaseki?

Wike is just a thief nothing more and efcc is making him so afraid he is looking for another 8nyeaes of immunity

Who is our Governor in PDP,somebody that's less than 4years in PDP.
In 2019,where is our Governor?
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by chatinent: 9:19am On Jun 09, 2022
People underrate this Wike a lot though. Sb who was second to Atiku?

It's just like Tinubu choosing Amechi since he was second to him!

They need votes not what you or I think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by Buksaylor: 9:21am On Jun 09, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE

The best that ever happened!
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by onunwa21(m): 9:22am On Jun 09, 2022
Heavy strength to match Tinubu
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by Policewoman(f): 9:22am On Jun 09, 2022
That will mark the end of PDP in 2023
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by Ebelefrancis123: 9:23am On Jun 09, 2022
All of you are saying rubbish as regards Wike. Have you forgotten that he helped us the students when Assu were on strike during his tenure as education minister of state? Haba, he's � good to go and will become our future president. Good luck to you people..... For this,I will get my PVC.
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by AnanseK(m): 9:24am On Jun 09, 2022
Atiku should offer the position of VP to Amaechi.
It is wiser to get Amaechi as running mate. Atiku can even pretend that he is building a unity team meant to rescue the Nation.
Wike is too erratic for even and LGA chairman position- it is regrettable that he is a State Governor.
Think out of the box!!
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by Le2money(m): 9:25am On Jun 09, 2022
Out of all that commented before u, u are the only one that understand how politics work....ppl don't know that politics is a game which requires money.....on a normal election, can Atiku win Wike if not for the last card the other governor played by stepping down for Atike which den makes Atiku's vote to gain strength.

MrPADDY:
This sounds like a killer combo.
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by crixlight2(m): 9:25am On Jun 09, 2022
Azsalami:
Very Good planning.
If it is Atiku/Wike, then i am sorry to say, we might be saying bye bye to APC.
This is what i have been expecting from PDP.
with this i can bet that they are on a ride to presidencial victory.

So Wetin go come happen to SE after the shout that at least PDP will pick south East as vp
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by ChristineC: 9:25am On Jun 09, 2022
Igbofam2:
My Igbo kit and kin
stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by MtDave55: 9:28am On Jun 09, 2022
If this happens I bet you it's the combo

An industrialist and a No Nonsense administrator

It's like 2-in-1 combination
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by Jaysnowkid: 9:28am On Jun 09, 2022
I've said it before and I'll still say it again. Wike is best suited for that position.
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 09, 2022
Atiku naming Wike as VP is going to make their impending humiliating defeat all the more laughable,
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune by correctyourself(m): 9:30am On Jun 09, 2022
alsudan:

Did you consider if they are happy that Obi left the party and what made Obi to leave the party?

Can you recall the time Wike insulted and neglected the Edo State Governor, or have you seen where you fight somebody today and expect the person to buy you plat of rice and meat tomorrow without apology?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pasuma Attends Park Managers Rally For Tinubu And Sanwo-Olu In Lagos / Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) / Fayose Celebrates Obj's Exit From PDP In A Front Page Advert In Sun Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.