Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President (3247 Views)

Mbaka Apologizes To Peter Obi Again (See Full Statement) / 'Northern Stakeholders Will Leave PDP If Wike Mistakenly Emerges As A Candidate' / George Moghalu: Igbos Didn’t Consider Implications Of Not Voting Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by Jman06(m): 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
Op, I think in the same line with you. But I believe that Wike is too radical and might not be accepted by the north. I think Atiku should pick Okowa as running mate while Wike (if still possible) should go to senate and be projected for senate presidency.

A vote for Obi is a wasted vote and would rather weaken the PDP and pave the way for another APC misrule. My Igbo brethren should be wise and support Atiku once again because he will most likely help to actualize the much needed Igbo presidency.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by dannyville2(m): 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2022
abuwidad:

Buhari actually wanted power to shift to southeast. Nwajuiba I guess was his preferred candidate but the owners of the party (Governors) majorly from the north refused consensus and insisted on primary knowing full well the young lad had no chance. Now the permutation is simple, Tinubu will chose a more credible running mate than him from northern part who will eventually be the president.

For Atiku, he is not reckoned with in the north. 1,They perceived him as a foreigner (BANZA) 2, He can't chose a running mate from north and choosing from SS and SE will hurt him the more especially SE. And definitely he can not chose from the north.

And back to your questions of who am I supporting, my dear brother I will just sit back and watch events unfold.

Thanks for your well scripted response without any profanity, shows maturity. Bro , just waste your vote on Obi . Then we can siddon look . One love

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by Golan007: 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Now you are talking

You must go back to Anambra.

You can't live in Anambra yet you are always slagging off Lagos and those who keep it hospitable.
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by Golan007: 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2022
somehow:
SO fulani is no longer killing Nigerians?

The North and northerners no longer trying to fulanize/islamatize the South and Nigeria?

Atiku is suddenly now an option?

A core Fulani man with 4 wives and multiple concubines?

So Fulanis are no longer murderers and killers?

You dey mind the hypocritical Nigerians?

For 7 years they've been talking against Fulani because of Buhari, yes, some is warranted, yet a lot isn't.

Suddenly, Atiku another Fulani man in his 70s is contesting and all their previous criticisms have been abandoned.

Juju must involve.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
Penguin2:

You have a point but let’s see how things progress from now on.

Instead of Tinubu to become president, Obi will be sacrificed.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by Evaloyal2J(f): 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

And you think Peter Obi will get votes outside SE, if at all?

You better look for a plan “B” for the sake of reality.

Deep down, most want Peter Obi, but he will LOSE and be defeated WOEFULLY even without rigging.

The reality on ground is Tinubu vs Atiku.

No other choices.
Between the beast and the devil

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by AfricanColumbus: 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
Analysis from a stunted mind.
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by 2elliot: 1:14pm On Jun 09, 2022
richie3384:

This is beautiful. It's time we tell ourselves the truth. The north is not enlightened enough to vote peter Obi. We all want him to win because he can fix Nigeria, but he can't do much as VP. It will just be the same as PMB/pyo. But with Peter obi as either president or minister, we can feel his effect from there. I believe Atiku will open a ministerial position for him. if obi is made finance minister under Atiku then it means Atiku is serious to work Nigeria for good. Then we can fully vote Atiku. Even though we have always known that Atiku is better than Tinubu; business wise Atiku is better, security nko...I am not to sure. Perhaps Tinubu may be better in security. I have a lot against Tinubu.

From Tinubu talking about improving the reward system in APC fully shows he has sold out Nigeria at any price just to be President. He did it before by installing PMB and he's doing it again now by buying the northern APC governors n bigwigs to stand by him. His supporters won't see this but Nigeria is already finished under him in this primaries before he is even president. No technocrats but promises and reward systems to the APC north just to be president. This means all critical positions have been hijacked by godfathers for him to emerge as presidential candidate. Health wise too he is not. All these make Atiku more suitable for Nigeria.

Once Atiku is ready to put peter obi in charge of finance (but how can we know this) then he have my vote and more votes will come to him by reaching out to Peter obi supporters. Indeed let's agree on something, peter has followers and Atiku needs them(us) but he should be logical and be advised to reach out to Obi. He won last election with obi, this is massive southern support. He should be advised to gather Obi followers so that he can beat Tinubu with clear margin. agberos will want to scatter election in the south so their boss can win.

Wike as VP is ok because he will really fight for this election. That guy is strong, he really gave Atiku a run for his money. But When in aso rock I hope they can work together; perhaps cos wike will want Atiku blessings so he can succeed him.
If not that the northern elites rig elections, the northern masses are as wise as the southern masses, because they feel the pain from the failure of the this dying country. Left for them, they will vote the right person. I have had several conversations with northerners. They bemoan buhari failures, in fact they bemoan their elites failures. That's why few persons like Kwankwanso are genuinely loved by the people.
If peter obi's campaign is allowed to penetrate the northern masses, and they are allowed to vote their conscience, they very likely will vote him.
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by Simeonjoe1: 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
Penguin2:

You have a point but let’s see how things progress from now on.

Instead of Tinubu to become president, Obi will be sacrificed.

Chai it seems Ibos are finally waking up. Yoruba say Ibos plays politics of sentiment and emotions but it seems Ibos are finally waking up to reality. Obi should better decamp back to pdp if you guys should really stand a chance.

But as for me and my household we can't vote any politician because none of them can help us.
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by Simeonjoe1: 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2022
FreedomDynamics:
If Obi has the country at heart, I will advise he even rejoin the PDP and drop his ambition. Crazy at it sounds, he would have stirred the causative forces in his favor for now and the future. The others have been trying years ahead of him and have invested more than him. Life rewards your efforts and actions, not your wishes.

This is if tribalism and hunger for power is not his motivation because he can still work the good work in the PDP after all, he was in the PDP and he didn't see the "corruption" until when things didn't go his way. The Labour Party too is still grappling with a corruption case in court so what's the excuse?

I guess he won't because he feels until he is president, that's when he will work the good work, but is that true? that every Nigerian must be president in order to play their role in salvaging the country? I sense a hunger for power here.

You get sense. Peter Obi decamping to lp is the end of his political career.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by Risentouch(m): 2:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
FreedomDynamics:

what I was saying is Osinbajo is Osinbajo while Wike is Wike. Osinbajo was placed there by Tinubu who happens to be the influence...keyword is what? "Influence".

Now let's say Wike becomes VP, Wike comes as THE "influence" because he is influential and consequential to Atiku becoming President. He can address powerful politicians and they will listen, unlike Osinbajo who was merely picked and functions as a 'place-holder' for Tinubu.

By this, you can already see what kind of VP Wike is going to be.

Let's just face the reality. The VP has no say without the consent of the president. Wike used the power that Patience Jonathan gave her to scatter Amaechi based and continued that form based on the power of incumbency.
Rivers is not Abuja.
Like I told you before, if wike was a deputy governor he won't make any noise because if he does impeachment follows suite.
Besides we are talking of national politics here and who gives vp power to sack appointed officials without the president's consent or perhaps if he handed over to him when he goes out of the country. The only advantage of wike here is the amount of votes he will pull for him.
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by Risentouch(m): 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

You get sense. Peter Obi decamping to lp is the end of his political career.

We are agree.
But why are you guys so worried and obsessed about it or does he owe PDP his life?
Atiku has left PDP three times, why has his political career not died?
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
2elliot:
If not that the northern elites rig elections, the northern masses are as wise as the southern masses, because they feel the pain from the failure of the this dying country. Left for them, they will vote the right person. I have had several conversations with northerners. They bemoan buhari failures, in fact they bemoan their elites failures. That's why few persons like Kwankwanso are genuinely loved by the people.
If peter obi's campaign is allowed to penetrate the northern masses, and they are allowed to vote their conscience, they very likely will vote him.

You make good points! I’ve noticed this especially with the Kano electorate! They’re capable of independent thought and make up their own minds on who to vote for based on facts before them….not easily swayed by primordial sentiments…..polar opposites to their Katsina neighbours!
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by Simeonjoe1: 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2022
Risentouch:

We are agree.
But why are you guys so worried and obsessed about it or does he owe PDP his life?
Atiku has left PDP three times, why has his political career not died?

Eno concerning I'm just stating the obvious. Also know the obi can't help you neither can atiku or tinubu.
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
CilicMarin:

Kindergarten analysis....no be only the SS states grin angry All these ipob yoots and emotions.

A Tinubu would win 50% of the votes in Rivers State, Delta, Bayelsa and 80% in Edo State. Bookmark this.
Please stay out of their analysis.
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by KanwuliaExtra: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
Evaloyal2J:

Between the beast and the devil

Now you understand. cheesy
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by Smoke55: 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2022
Osinbajo is a respected Prof,he is kind and awesome yet he partook in the failure of this administration not because he didn't try his best but because his powers are limited..

We saw his performance during buharis absence..

Vp sit is just a ceremonial one,it have no power to make any decision that will effect the nation positively..

If wike as a no nonsense person try going against his boss it might resort to him been impeached..

Any way what do I know..
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by Risentouch(m): 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Eno concerning I'm just stating the obvious. Also know the obi can't help you neither can atiku or tinubu.

How has your stating the obvious helped Nigeria?
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2022
FreedomDynamics:

People who have Nigeria at heart need to understand this. Only an iron hand can try. He can only try.
You vote a man that spent 30 to 40 billions on delegates
Wike will sell Nigerians and Nigeria
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by FreedomDynamics: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
Hizzy:

You vote a man that spent 30 to 40 billions on delegates
Wike will sell Nigerians and Nigeria

Better than Tinubu.
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by Smoke55: 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2022
CilicMarin:

Kindergarten analysis....no be only the SS states grin angry All these ipob yoots and emotions.

A Tinubu would win 50% of the votes in Rivers State, Delta, Bayelsa and 80% in Edo State. Bookmark this.
seems ipob is your worst night mare..

You literally see ipob in everything..

Spit..
Re: I Am Not Voting Obi Again If Wike Is Vice President by somegirl1: 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
Has Wike sorted out the soot situation in Rivers State? For years residents of Port Harcourt have inhaled soot because of illegal oil refineries and he pretended to not notice.
I don't understand this hype about him being tough. He's just a dictator with no substance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Is A Spiritual Dimension To Peter Obi's Rise - Femi Fani-kayode / Leaked Audio: I Lost All The Respect I Had For Peter Obi - Noble Igwe's Sarcasm / Reactions As LP Supporters Queries Senator-elect Ireti Kingibe Over Missing LP L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.