Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,185 members, 7,860,260 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria (1350 Views)

Atiku Presents His Agenda To The Lagos Business School Alumni / 2023: Tinubu Unveils Food Timetable For Nigerians (Video) / Tinubu Unveils His Economic Agenda For Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by kayfra: 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
Tinubu Unveils Agenda – To Decentralise Police, Create Jobs, Ensure 12% GDP Growth

a) 25% annual budget for education
b) 10% annual budget for health
c) Decentralisation of police
d) Introduction of commodity exchange
e) Total deregulation of oil market and building if national storage to sustain supply
f) Stimulation of production and manufacturing for export
g) Target of 15,000MW generation and distribution of electricity

Presidential Candidate and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has shared his manifesto for the transformation of Nigeria if elected president of the country.

The APC presidential aspirant, according to a press statement signed by Bayo Onanuga, Director of Media and Communication, said his team will lead Nigeria to a new era of economic prosperity, peace, security and political stability.

Tinubu, the Governor of Lagos State between 1999-2007, presented his vision within five thematic areas.

He promised to improve security by decentralising the policing of the country and creating hundreds of thousands of new jobs simultaneously.

He promised to transform Nigeria into an enviable country and one where there will be justice, peace and prosperity for all, with a “robust economy”.

Titled ‘My Vision for Nigeria’, Tinubu promised in the document, “a nation transformed into greatness, the pride of Africa, a role model for all black people worldwide, and respected among all other countries.

“A vibrant and thriving democracy and a prosperous nation with a fast-growing industrial base, capable of producing the most basic needs of the people and exporting to other countries of the world.

“A country with a robust economy, where prosperity is broadly shared by all irrespective of class, region, and religion.

“A nation where its people enjoy all the basic needs, including a safe and secure environment, abundant food, affordable shelter, health care, and quality primary education for all.

“A nation founded on justice, peace, and prosperity for all.”

On economy, Tinubu promised to build an economy that will make the nation’s Gross Development Product grow quicker annually for the next four years while also providing jobs for millions of youths in the country.

He also promised to launch a new National Industrial Policy focused on special intervention to reinvigorate specific strategic industries.

“I will focus on stimulating jobs, which will be my top priority as President. I will get Nigeria to work by launching a major public works program, a significant and heavy investment in infrastructure, and value-adding manufacturing and agriculture.

“My administration will build an efficient, fast-growing, and well-diversified emerging economy with a real GDP growth averaging 12% annually for the next four years, translating into millions of new jobs during this period,” he said.

Tinubu also promised to create six new Regional Economic Development Agencies which will establish sub-regional industrial hubs to exploit each zone’s competitive advantage and optimise their potential for industrial growth.

The presidential aspirant also promised to formulate a new National Policy on Agriculture to boost food production.

He promised to promote the establishment of new commodity exchange boards, while also strengthening the one in Lagos in order to guarantee minimum pricing for agricultural products such as cotton, cocoa, rice, soya beans, corn, palm kernel, and groundnuts.

On infrastructure, Tinubu promised to “Build A New Nigeria (BANN)” by developing a National Infrastructure plan, which will cover strategic roads, bridges, rail, water, power, seaports, and airports spanning the length and breadth of the country.

He said his administration will combine government funding, borrowing, public private partnership, private sector financing and concession to initiate a medium and long-term financial model for the BANN initiative.

Tinubu further stated that his administration will target an electricity distribution goal of 15,000 megawatts across the country and ensure a sustainable 24/7 supply.

“On Electricity, I will embark on a renewed action-oriented focus and take immediate and urgent action on resolving existing challenges of power generation plants, gas purchasing, pricing, transmission, and distribution. My administration’s critical goal is to have 15,000 megawatts distributable to all categories of consumers nationwide to ensure 24/7 sustainable supply within the next four years,” he added.

On the oil and gas sector, Tinubu said there will be no need for a subsidy because the market will be open and transparent.

“Supply will come from local refineries, and the forces of demand and supply will determine the price of petroleum products”.

My administration will establish a National Strategic Reserve for Petroleum Products to stabilize supply during unexpected shortages or surplus periods. This will eliminate any form of product shortages and prevent wild swings in prices.

Tinubu also spoke about his administrations promise in the area of education, promising to increase the spending on education to 25 per cent of the nation’s budget.

He promised to continue the free school feeding programme of the APC, feeding “millions of primary school children across the country”.

On tertiary education, Tinubu said his administration eradicate strikes by tertiary institution workers by encouraging the tertiary institutions to source for funds through grants and corporate sponsorships, with all the institutions granted financial autonomy.

Just like education, Tinubu also promised to increase the funding for health care in the annual budget to 10 per cent. According to him the National Health Insurance Scheme will be relaunched to grant health insurance cover to most Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by money121(m): 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2022
Seen
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by mymadam(m): 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
Okay, we're waiting and watching in 6G
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
SELF-DETERMINATION IS OUR ONLY AGENDA

(UNITED BY LANGUAGE, CULTURE (WORLD'S BEST) & GREAT GEOGRAPHY (SEA ACCESS). UNDISPUTED BORDERS, 60 MILLION STRONG)

YORUBA FUTURE IS A COASTAL ATLANTIC GLOBAL POWER

YORUBA THE LANGUAGE OF WEST AFRICAN COMMERCE, WORLD LANGUGE

IT IS MADNESS FOR YORUBA TO REMAIN INSIDE NIGERIA.

YORUBA NATION NOW
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by parkervero(m): 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2022
Empty promises

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by Xscape1993(m): 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2022
No need for all these because you will never get there.
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by limeta(f): 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2022
Decentralisation of police

He promised to improve security by decentralising the policing of the country and creating hundreds of thousands of new jobs simultaneously.

Ah Mr Tinubu what do you mean by this?
Tell a little more on this please
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by lekanamisu: 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
OP why are you like this Who has bewitched you? Did he send you.

If you don’t stop your life may be lie forever.
Don’t believe anyone without good sources of information
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by lekanamisu: 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
As for me. I am card carrying member of Apc. So be careful
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by Beremx(f): 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
I thought he wasn’t planning to have an agenda other than “ IT IS MY TURN “.
May the calamities Buhari is planning to leave behind not kill him before his tenure ends if he wins
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by kayfra: 12:18pm On Jun 09, 2022
lekanamisu:
As for me. I am card carrying member of Apc. So be careful

Stop typing rubbish
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by funshint(m): 12:21pm On Jun 09, 2022
limeta:

That's part of the restructuring we've been talking about. You don't have to wait for one man in his office in Abuja to strategize how to tackle the security challenges in your region. You won't post a man from Oyo who doesn't know the local security terrain of Kano to be their CSO. It simply allows for efficiency in the management of Police.
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by ojun50(m): 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
If hee reach there agenda go change am
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by Ndibuna: 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2022
Tinubu may end up surprising everyone, Dave Umahi surprised everyone in Ebonyi. Tinubu may do same
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by inspector44(m): 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2022
Too many Agenda none met all promise and wishes.......! Nigeria our country
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by hargbolahan01: 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2022
Ok.... let's hear what other candidates have for us

Kindly check below ��

Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by tinsel: 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
limeta:

Maybe state police.

Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by tinsel: 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
limeta:

Maybe state police.
Maybe state police

Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2022
Go and developed your State Osun first.We don't want anybody that will be taking 10percent of our Igr
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by Prinzton(m): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2022
More job creation through agberoism

Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by limeta(f): 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
funshint:

That's part of the restructuring we've been talking about. You don't have to wait for one man in his office in Abuja to strategize how to tackle the security challenges in your region. You won't post a man from Oyo who doesn't know the local security terrain of Kano to be their CSO. It simply allows for efficiency in the management of Police.

What you saying is you believe Tinubu
I dont, tell you man Tinubu to explain more
How come you explain it more than him.
Are you his spokesman?
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by Evaloyal2J(f): 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
What happened to the present gabage he packaged in 2015 gabage in gabage out.
Agriculture my foot. Where are the farmers in Benue, kogi, adamawa, Sokoto, kastina etc? They have all been killed and the remaining displaced in idps.
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by BloomingDale(f): 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2022
Resource control, nko? Restructuring? Tinubu is a joker.
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2022
I can't doubt tinubu on some of these things honestly.
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by Owolabitobi01: 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
This man get good agenda shaaa, but he's a politician, he can't be trusted.
I think he has the best agenda so far
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by funshint(m): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2022
limeta:

What you saying is you believe Tinubu
I dont, tell you man Tinubu to explain more
How come you explain it more than him.
Are you his spokesman?
I don't have your time.
Re: Tinubu Unveils His Agenda For Nigeria by limeta(f): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
funshint:

I don't have your time.

Yet you the one on my mention
What hunger can do.

(1) (Reply)

25 Years In Nigeria Vs 5 Months Abroad: See How Fresh I Look Now (Photos) / I Made Mistake As President When Picking My ‘number Two’- Obasanjo / Buhari's Ex Aide Comment On Peter Obi And His Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.