Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? (34096 Views)

Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate / Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins / El-Rufai: Only Buhari Can Convince Me Run For Presidency Or Be A Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Freebills12: 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2022
[color=#770077][/color]
Ciscogod:

I don’t think so . Come of think of it .

Tinubu picks a Christian for the north today . The South Easterners will still not vote him .

He needs North East, North West and South West votes where he’s popular today . And those zones don’t care about Muslim/Muslim ticket

Reasons : South West will chose tribe before religion .
Core north will choose religion

You are saying as if Atiku and Kwankwaso are Christians. APC has shot themselves at their foot. Osibanjo would have been a better option or Amaechi. Political calculation doesn't favour Tinibu, even in the west Muslim/muslim ticket will not sell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by AnanseK(m): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
limeta:
Rule no 1 no fulani
2 no Muslim
3 must be a Christian from any part of the country as zoning no longer hold waters

No problem if Tinubu wants to lose the Election he can listen to your advice.
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by emerged01(m): 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2022
Zulum will better.
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Ciscogod(m): 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
Freebills12:
[color=#770077][/color]

You are saying as if Atiku and Kwankwaso are Christians. APC has shot themselves at their foot. Osibanjo would have been a better option or Amaechi. Political calculation doesn't favour Tinibu, even in the west Muslim/muslim ticket will not sell.

Tinubu will win the west with such ticket compare to Atiku. The East cannot vote Tinubu.

He will do everything to please the North.

Nigerians does not have candidate come 2023. Atiku or Tinubu will do everything/anything you to get there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by saints2(f): 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
APC lost gold like Oshinbajo but found red diamond which is more precious than gold.

Is God not wonderful

Lol... Whether red o, yellow, orange o... Na here we go dey
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by RedpillAnalyst: 6:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
Ciscogod:

Tinubu picks a Christian for the north today . The South Easterners will still not vote him .

He needs North East, North West and South West votes where he’s popular today . And those zones don’t care about Muslim/Muslim ticket

Tribe over religion. No many people knew Tinubu was even a Muslim.
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Ekpeitit(m): 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
Xscape1993:
No need for that because you will never get there... Nobody should take us back to Egypt again. We can not repeat the deadly political mistake of 2015.
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Ekpeitit(m): 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
The South East is politically irrelevant, the president of Nigeria is not and will never be decided by South East votes.
Did Tinubu even bother to visit the South East?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by ebbo(m): 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
Ciscogod:

Exactly what my friends and brothers are saying in the North oh. The VP must be a Muslim from the north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Abujason: 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2022
Mooh247:
Lalong or Yakubu Dogara

It’s most likely to be Yakubu Dogara.
Muslim/Muslim ticket is surely a prescription for failure.
But they are welcome to try the alternative and see what happens at the polls.
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Teerach: 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2022
Vote for a Muslim Muslim ticket and die. With the way bandits are killing the christians in the North and the South West, it will be more than foolish if these same people give their votes for a Muslim Muslim ticket.
It will be Tinubu undoing if he goes for a Muslim Muslim ticket. I'm urging every sane christian to go get your PVC now, so if it's a Muslim Muslim ticket, we know who to vote.
On a norms, I would give my vote to APC. But if it's a Muslim Muslim ticket, I wouldn't dare. I don't trust core northern Muslims with my life. Naaaaa. Not at this perilous times.
Don't be deceived, the way bandits are killing nonstop and it keeps sweeting them is the same way the Muslim Muslim ticket will be nonstop. After all, Baba bubu was almost dragging us to join Islamic nations kini.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Abujason: 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Abdulahi adamu

2 ancestors?
God forbid!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by AngelicBeing: 6:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
sad
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Mooh247: 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2022
Abujason:

It’s most likely to be Yakubu Dogara.
Muslim/Muslim ticket is surely a prescription for failure.
But they are welcome to try the alternative and see what happens at the polls.

Lalong is also a Christian from Platue state

But Yakubu Dogara clicks all dots, NorthEast
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Allisgud: 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2022
All this Boko Haram sponsors,see their head
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Tareq1105: 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2022
Asiwaju is in a dilemma but I want to suggest he should pick a Fulani Muslim Governor then concede the following positions:

Minister of Justice,
Finance,
Foreign Affairs,
Secretary to the Government of the Federation, and
Chief of Defense Staff
to christians.

Asiwaju is not a religion fanatics so we in the south trust his fairness. His wife is a Deaconess in RCCG while some of the children are married to christians.
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Tareq1105: 6:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
Mooh247:

Both of them are not acceptable to the Northern elites. I'm talking from experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Abujason: 6:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
Mooh247:

But Lalong is a Middle Belter

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Mooh247: 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2022
Tareq1105:

Both of them are not acceptable to the Northern elites. I'm talking from experience.

Tinubu would never pick a powerful Vice that can upstage him

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Mooh247: 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2022
Abujason:

But Lalong is a Middle Belter

NC and NE seems marginalised

Just a guess tho
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Cyriloha(m): 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Rule of thumb, don't think of Emeka.

I believe Atiku and Tinubu should know this.

Else, failure will be new name of the aspirants.

Tinubu is the choice of Nigerians, but having Emeka as a running mate will cause 1800 change of direction.

Becareful

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by frejatoye117: 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2022
Bola TINUBU please go for NNAMDI KANU IPOD (SE) or ZULUM (NE)

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by propertyhunter1: 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
saints2:
Lol... A Muslim/Muslim ticket...

I trust CAN and PFN... Press Release after press release... This is DOA especially in a critical moment we are now... Ko le werk

APC is a typical saying of, "He who the gods wants to destroy, they first make mad". APC lost a golden opportunity not picking Osinbajo

You said more than this before primary. Let's the bad wishes begins
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Oosa4sure: 6:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
I pray gov zulum of borno state the man is kind and knowledgeable
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by saints2(f): 6:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
propertyhunter1:

You said more than this before primary. Let's the bad wishes begins

You see the problem of BATists? They are not educated... Bad wishes begin not begins... Next time, go school and understand how to construct a simple sentence..

Enjoy
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Abujason: 7:01pm On Jun 09, 2022
Mooh247:

NC and NE seems marginalised

Just a guess tho

Babangida, Gowon, and Abdulsalmi Abubakar were Nigerian leaders at one point and are all from North Central. Or are they not Nigerians again?

Atiku from NE was VP for 8 years. Does that count as marginalization?
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by propertyhunter1: 7:01pm On Jun 09, 2022
saints2:

You see the problem of BATists? They are not educated... Bad wishes begin not begins... Next time, go school and understand how to construct a simple sentence..

Enjoy

I am highly educated. I'm not suffering from lack of exposure like you.
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by saints2(f): 7:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
propertyhunter1:

I am highly educated. I'm not suffering from lack of exposure like you.

Congratulations... Go and be the campaign manager of your party... A1 in English
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by shedy03(m): 7:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
Mooh247:
Lalong or Yakubu Dogara
OP is trying the waters for Muslim-muslim ticket. Will not work.
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by Gabbriell: 7:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
MichaelSokoto:
I will sleep taya on election day, can't waste my time 4 criminals!
cool

Hope the sleep go last for the next eight years?
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by nathyx(m): 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
obi58:

Akume will not even be able to deliver Benue state for APC so it's a waste of time. The same problem lies with Amaechi otherwise he would have been a good one.

Okorocha perhaps? grin

Southern president and Southern Vice again? Not so good combination besides no Christian Notherner can contend with the minister for special duties Akume.
Re: Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? by majemuoluwa45075: 7:21pm On Jun 09, 2022
OhOh...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akpabio Storms Essien Udim Collation Centre / Senator Dino Melaye Picks His Nomination Form For Kogi Governorship (Photos) / Soldiers Lament The Killing Of Colleagues In Oji River, Enugu By Unknown Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.