Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,515 members, 7,836,968 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) (73386 Views)

Genevive Posted This Video Amidst News Of Her Mental Illness: Video / Kiitan Bukola Treated For Undisclosed Illness (Video, Pics) / Moses Olaiya Baba Sala Paralyzed By Stroke Days To Biography Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by toujurs: 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
Romanoff:

The person must toast publicly o so my husband can see it.
grin grin mad o! I see why u said No pm. You look neat and fine sha. HML
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2022
Juoflife1:
This boy don worwor finish.
Get well soon JB
But when him no get beards na una gender still been dey complain undecided free the guy jor
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Akharmony: 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2022
I can but just wish the young man well and good recovery. . Fame and it maintainance is very tedious and demand. .
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Romanoff(f): 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2022
toujurs:
grin grin mad o! I see why u said No pm. You look neat and fine sha. HML

Thank you.
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by InvertedHammer: 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2022
Romanoff:

I can't tell but it was exactly like this.

He had to be away for months. Luckily,his folks are rich.
/
Bell's Palsy is very common and easily treatable. That's why I ask. It causes facial paralysis too.

/
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Dfynboi: 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2022
bibianna:
Such an amazing musician!

I join him in prayer!
u don pray for naija finish �
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by damkin24(m): 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2022
Get well soon bro... you are the best
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by SenecaTheYonger: 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:
They use so many drugs and after start having weird illnesses their forefather never had. ..

This generation and drug abuse is just too bad

You and the people that liked your post don’t have money to buy data and watch the video
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Romanoff(f): 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
Bell's Palsy is very common and easily treatable. That's why I ask. It causes facial paralysis too.

/

I don't know what he had but thank God they have money sha. Dude is fine now.
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by starstunna1313(m): 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2022
NwekeUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWm2MrO0Tf8

Justin Bieber reveals he's been diagnosed with Ramsay Hunt Syndrome, causing half of his face to be temporarily paralysed, IGBERETV reports.

He said the disease has attacked the nerves in his ear and face and he will need a lot of rest and facial exercises to get better, but he doesn't know how much time it will take.

He explained that this is why he has cancelled his shows and he asked fans to be patient with him as he gets his health back to what it was.

Bell’s Palsy
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2022
His time to join the freedom train.
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Rocktation(f): 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2022
MansoryMX:

This babe with big backside da year still dey Nairaland! shocked You don suppose be mod for this platform or get shares grin

You sure say u nor de tipsy like this? Check d moniker u are yarning with again.
Abi wetin consign Rokia...Tu, wey consign Rocky.
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by robinso01(m): 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2022
JuanDeDios:
You dey mind NL experts.
That is nairaland for us grin
JuanDeDios:
You dey mind NL experts.
That is nairaland for us
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by uyimove19(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2022
lSynonyms of Ramsay Hunt Syndrome RHS General Discussion Ramsay Hunt syndrome (RHS) is a rare neurological disorder characterized by paralysis of the facial nerve (facial palsy) and a rash affecting the ear or mouth. Ear abnormalities such as ringing in the ears (tinnitus) and hearing loss may also be present. Ramsay Hunt syndrome is caused by the varicella zoster virus (VZV), the same virus that causes chickenpox in children and shingles (herpes zoster) in adults. In cases of Ramsay Hunt syndrome, previously inactive (dormant) varicella-zoster virus is reactivated and spreads to affect the facial nerve. Several different names have been used to denote this disorder in the medical literature often causing confusion. The disorder is named after James Ramsay Hunt, a physician who first described the disorder in 1907. Year agos, more than one disorder bore the designation Ramsay Hunt syndrome. Ramsay-Hunt syndrome is now used to denote the disorder described in this report. The disorder is also sometimes known as herpes zoster oticus because of the characteristic ear rash. However, some physicians use herpes zostic oticus only for the ear rash and Ramsay Hunt syndrome for the combination of ear rash and facial paralysis.

1 Like

Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by uyimove19(m): 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2022
Signs & Symptoms The symptoms of Ramsay Hunt syndrome vary from case to case. Affected individuals usually experience paralysis (palsy) of the facial nerve and a rash affecting the ear. These two symptoms do not always occur simultaneously. In most cases, only one side of the face is affected (unilateral). Facial muscles affected by nerve palsy may be weak or feel stiff and may result in the inability of affected individuals to smile, wrinkle the forehead or close their eye on the affected side. In some cases, speech may become slurred. Most cases of Ramsay Hunt syndrome have a reddish (erythematous), painful, blistering (vesicular) rash that affects the outer portion of the ear (pinna) and often the external ear canal. In some cases, the rash, including painful blisters, may also affect the mouth, soft palate, and top portion of the throat. Some individuals with Ramsay Hunt syndrome may have facial palsy with evidence of varicella-zoster virus through testing (e.g., blood tests), but without the associated skin abnormalities. These cases may be referred to as zoster sine herpete. Additional symptoms affecting the ear include ringing in the ear (tinnitus) and ear pain (otalgia). In some cases, ear pain may be intense. Pain may spread to affect the neck. Some affected individuals develop sensorineural hearing loss, a condition in which sound vibrations are not properly transmitted to the brain due to a defect of the inner ear or the auditory nerve, resulting in hearing loss. Hearing loss is usually temporary (transient), however, in rare cases it may become permanent. In some cases, affected individuals may experience hyperacusis, a condition in which sounds appear louder (often dramatically) than normal. This can cause tremendous discomfort for affected individuals. Additional symptoms that may be present include nausea, vomiting, and a sensation that one’s surroundings are spinning (vertigo). In rare cases, loss of taste, dry mouth, and dry eyes may also occur.
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by uyimove19(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2022
Causes Ramsay Hunt syndrome is caused by the varicella- zoster virus, which is the same virus that causes chickenpox and shingles. The virus can remain dormant for decades in a person who has had chickenpox as a child. Reactivation of the varicella- zoster virus results in shingles and, in some cases, develops into Ramsay Hunt syndrome. The reason why the virus reactivates and affects the facial nerve in Ramsay Hunt syndrome is unknown.
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by sammirano: 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ignorant people in Nigeria. Birber has been batyling health issues since about five years. He has lupus. Its just unfortunate. The guy is very good

1 Like

Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Temptee101(m): 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2022
One of my favourites

I wish you a speedy recovery
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Sleekfingers: 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2022
Zonefree:
Effects of excess drugs in the system.

I wish him speedy recovery.

So na drugs dey cause Ramsay hunt syndrome abi? Most nigerians are quick to criticize and jump into conclusion, without adequate information....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Sleekfingers: 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2022
UstazAhmed:
Such a handsome cute boy, now drugs have disfigured his face

Keep swimming in your ignorance.....go and read about ramsay Hunt syndrome

1 Like

Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Elidrisy20: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2022
Baby! !! !!!
Ooooo grin
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by eaglechild: 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2022
Bell's palsy.
Reversible in a few days to weeks.
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Georgejeez: 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2022
It's called Bell's Palsy , it's caused by bacteria and can affect anyone . You can check it on Google

Happened to me sometime last year, I thought I was being paralysed , not till I got to the hospital and the doctors recommended antibiotics for me .

I remember running up to some nurses , asked them the location of the pharmacy , they asked who's the patient , I said myself , they were surprised cos I looked very healthy ( they didn't look at my face properly)

Within 2 weeks I was fine, after taking the antibiotics that didn't cost me more than 400 naira
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Arian247(m): 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2022
Nigerians are very quick to conclude, who told you guys that RHS is drug related? bunch of retards in this forum honestly. FYI "Ramsay Hunt syndrome occurs in people who've had chickenpox. Once you recover from chickenpox, the virus stays in your body — sometimes reactivating in later years to cause shingles, a painful rash with fluid-filled blisters.

Ramsay Hunt syndrome is a shingles outbreak that affects the facial nerve near one of your ears. It can also causes one-sided facial paralysis and hearing loss."
With the way we Nigerians think we still have a long way to go

1 Like

Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Superpower(m): 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:
They use so many drugs and after start having weird illnesses their forefather never had. ..

This generation and drug abuse is just too bad
What kind of ignorance is this.The condition has nothing to do with drugs.It caused by varicella zoster virus.Thecsame virus that causes chicken pox.
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by poweredcom(m): 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2022
Small boy don de get illness of older people imagine

Drugs too much drugs and vaccine self follow join
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by idiasirue1(m): 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2022
Romanoff:
It is possible to recover from this. I know someone who did, happened to him in his early twenties but left a little side effect.

Had an experience like this when I was 13 after a fight
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2022
toujurs:
No pm, what of someone that wants to toast you privately
Can't u understand when someone is taken and satisfied where she is? Na everybody una want toast? With ur long neck grin
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Bamzyriches451: 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
Damn!
Get well soon Justin
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by guru90: 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2022
My man.... get well soon....
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2022
It looks cute on him... May it be permanent Amen �
Re: Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) by Ovulo: 5:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
Don't mind the reptilian guy...he's shape shifting skill gone wrong..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido In Owerri To Celebrate BBNaija's Mercy's Victory / AfroCandy's Friend, Fyne Papi Is Dead / Ebenezer Obey's Son, Olayinka, Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.