Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,698 members, 7,851,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Is Peter Obi an OSU ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Peter Obi an OSU ? (1171 Views)

2023: Peter Obi, An Internet Creation, Not On Ground In S’east- APC / So Peter Obi Is Truly An Osu / Peter Obi: An 11-year-old Said I Don’t Keep My Promise… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Peter Obi an OSU ? by Polchiz(m): 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
AntiMahdi:

So he really is one .

You see how your archaic self discriminating OSU caste system is denying you your best?

How do you expect others to accept what you have rejected?

Peter Obi is not an Osu.
There is nothing to argue again with right?
A man that his people voted to become their governor twice and you talk about discrimination?
Are Tinubu urchins this myopic?
Peter Obi is "Okute Ndigbo".
Only Ojukwu has a better title.
Re: Is Peter Obi an OSU ? by AntiMahdi: 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2022
citizenY:

Please, please, please....... stop it.

Obi , and we all are first of all human beings before being anything else. We shall not bother ourselves to find out whether your own ancestors had two left legs.

OPPOSITION DOS NOT MEAN THAT WE SHOULD ABANDON DECORUM.

But the OSU caste system is well and alive in Igbo society .

I am asking for clarification on this since :

1. Obi holds no chieftaincy title in Igbo land

2. He is not an Ozor red cap chief of the Igbo delegating forum typical in every Igbo village hence the reason he has never worn the red fez cap. The Osu castes are forbidden to be part of this traditional delegates assembly .

3. Although not exclusive to the OSU caste, outside marriages in Igbo land are usually by the OSUs since they are forbidden to marry outside their caste group.

4. The political machinery in Igbo land alongside the Traditional bodies like the apex Ohaneze and World Igbo Congress never gave their support or endorsement to Obi in 2019 and so far they have refused to do same since he announced his presidential ambition.

We need to know why the so-called elders and politicians in Igbo land have refused to come out and support Peter Obi.

For me , Peter Obi is a the most descent politician we have had in Nigeria. I would have naturally voted for him but because I don't see him going beyond the SE where he will still face stiff resistance and opposition , I would not waste my vote on him as I am voting purely to get rid of the APC once and for all.

Why I need to ask this question is because the man Obi seems to have note enemies and opposition in the SE and I don't see what he has done to deserve such unless there is something more behind the antagonism he faces from the same SE.

As a non Igbo, it is not my business if he is an OSU or not as I find that OSU caste system highly barbaric.

Even that Jewish bought and paid for slave has the temerity to attack only Peter Obi's person and his ambition. The goat Ekpa never said a word about Umahi or any other Igbo who declared for the presidency and crashed out but for some reason he narrowed in on Obi alone.

Can you tell me why this is the case as the only reason I see for such hatred and envy on Obi is akin to what is reserved for OSU members in your barbaric Osu Igbo caste system.
Re: Is Peter Obi an OSU ? by AntiMahdi: 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
Polchiz:

Peter Obi is not an Osu.
There is nothing to argue again with right?
A man that his people voted to become their governor twice and you talk about discrimination?
Are Tinubu urchins this myopic?
Peter Obi is "Okute Ndigbo".
Only Ojukwu has a better title.

Hypothetically asking, if he were revealed to be an OSU, would you as igbos still support him?
Re: Is Peter Obi an OSU ? by AntiMahdi: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
AlexBells:

Osu that Became governor of a state in the Federal Republic, ha that Osu is better than all your generation put together, oo, keyboard propagandist, get a life,

So OSUs are also denied their right to contest any elective position despite constitutional provisions that guaranteed them such endeavour?

It seems we need to pass laws at the federal level banning this barbaric discriminatory is caste system since you igbos are not willing to do this.
Re: Is Peter Obi an OSU ? by AlexBells(m): 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
AntiMahdi:

So OSUs are also denied their right to contest any elective position despite constitutional provisions that guaranteed them such endeavour?

It seems we need to pass laws at the federal level banning this barbaric discriminatory is caste system since you igbos are not willing to do this.
Just vote Peter Obi, since you concluded that he is an Osu, he would lead the war against such discrimination once he becomes the First Osu President of Nigeria. A vote for Obi is a vote against discriminatory practices.
Re: Is Peter Obi an OSU ? by Polchiz(m): 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
AntiMahdi:

Hypothetically asking, if he were revealed to be an OSU, would you as igbos still support him?

Osu is as useless as the p in psychology.

Who voted Obi as governor of Anambra state twice?
Yorubas?
Re: Is Peter Obi an OSU ? by AntiMahdi: 2:29pm On Jun 13, 2022
AlexBells:

Just vote Peter Obi, since you concluded that he is an Osu, he would lead the war against such discrimination once he becomes the First Osu President of Nigeria. A vote for Obi is a vote against discriminatory practices.

Why are you igbos so backward that you still maintain remnants of the Arochukwu slaving era?
Re: Is Peter Obi an OSU ? by Midastorch(m): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2022
AntiMahdi:

You sound like you are rooting for OSU recognition.

Are you also an OSU?

Lmfaoooooooo, Comrade you be werey I swear

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi an OSU ? by PJtech: 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2022
What is OSU? Oh you me he graduated from oosu
Re: Is Peter Obi an OSU ? by 12Monkeys: 12:54pm On Jun 25, 2022
Igbo elders left Obi to endorse an unknown Igbo candidate on the APGA platform.

They never gave their blessings to Obi despite him being the flag running candidate with huge following and supporters among the Igbo population.

Is there more to why they refused to support Obi despite his already quick start?

The OSU angle is looking more real now.
Re: Is Peter Obi an OSU ? by 12Monkeys: 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2022
Nonexisting:
If you are a nwafo in this nairaland, avoid this thread and starve this ediot the attention he cries for. Thread closed for Igbos.

Your elders refuse to endorse him but came out yesterday to back an obscure Igbo businessman running under the APGA banner.

Is Peter Obi an OSU?

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Why I'm Against Obi's Presidency / 2023: Tinubu Picking A Muslim Running Mate Proves He's A Lesser Muslim / Expect No Votes From Us- North To Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.