Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D (5561 Views)

Peter Obi's Twitter Bio Does Not Reflect His Presidential Candidacy / 2023: SWAGA Kicks Against Consensus Presidential Candidacy In APC / Wike Rejects PDP Peace Move, Tells Dickson To Leave Party Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Terabyteck(m): 7:08am On Jun 13, 2022
Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald Duke

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has rejected the offer of being the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) vice presidential candidate; instead, he nominated a former governor of Cross River State, Mr. Donald Duke for the position.

Wike was touted as a possible running mate to the PDP presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar but the influential governor rooted for Mr. Duke, who was governor from 1999 to 2007.

Impeccable sources told GRASSROOT REPORTERS that the former conceded the position because of his firm believe in Mr. Duke to better the electoral fortunes of the party, especially in the south and garnered more support from the youths.

A journalist, Agba Jalingo corroborated the report in a Facebook post.

He wrote: “Wike declines VP position to Atiku. Recommends Donald Duke.”

Also, a media aide to Senator Sandy Onor (Cross River State PDP Governorship Candidate), Modlin Odu wrote:

“Two days ago, I wrote that Cross River State will benefit greatly from an Atiku/Sandy pair for President and Governor.

“Today, HE Nyesom Wike has rejected the Deputy position and nominated HE Donald Duke of Cross River State for it. It takes a lot of courage to do this.

“I also wrote that South South will be a major determinant of who wins the Presidency should the entire North expectedly go with Atiku, South West with Tinubu and South East with Peter Obi. To appease Wike, his nomination will be given serious consideration by the Leadership of the party knowing his strength in South South.

“As Governor, Donald Duke performed brilliantly in Cross River and as Vice President, we all know he would not fail especially now that PDP has learnt from previous mistakes and ready to serve Nigeria better.

“Imagine a Donald/Sandy mix. Fine men of cosmopolitan broad mindedness.It should be crystal clear to every well meaning C’Riverian by now that our progress is in PDP, a party making strategic political moves that are highly advantageous to the State.

“God has indeed, answered the prayers of the State.” Modlin post read.

https://l.kphx.net/s?d=4948959381942872121&extra=Q1RSWT1ORyZMTkc9ZW4tVVM=

3 Shares

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Pierce008: 7:10am On Jun 13, 2022
I hope Presidency doesn't go to the North. It won't be funny for the entire south. And as for the position of a VP, it's almost like a ceremonial post.

9 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Lawlab254: 7:11am On Jun 13, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by helinues: 7:12am On Jun 13, 2022
No wonder Gov Ayade won't allow this guy to rest cos him be basket mouth

Btw, Duke's role in the emergence of GEJ as VP nominated during Yaradu before election will continue to him him in SS Politics

2 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Mokason288(m): 7:12am On Jun 13, 2022
Wike is too arrogant

8 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by money121(m): 7:13am On Jun 13, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Toneypen247(m): 7:15am On Jun 13, 2022
G

1 Like

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Bigredmachine: 7:16am On Jun 13, 2022
i see wike decamping to APC soon cos PDP is becoming to small for him

3 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Honor10: 7:16am On Jun 13, 2022
They will all fail together.

No to another fulani in 2023, no be only Fulani get Nigeria.

I am BATified.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:17am On Jun 13, 2022
Enemy camp in disarray.
U dey smoke Igbo? U dey take Indian hemp

3 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by naija4life247: 7:17am On Jun 13, 2022
Donald Duke did very well when he was governor at the same time with Tinubu, yet all his Calabar indegenes are working as house boys and house girls in Tinubu's Lagos.

Meanwhile, that same Calabar which Donald Duke governed was the first Capital of Nigeria, yet all treasury looters in Calabar bring their mistresses to fucck in Lagos.

Nonsensical nonsense without ingredients.

47 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by omowolewa: 7:18am On Jun 13, 2022
All VP between Obasanjo and PMB are reserved type atimes made reserved

Hope he is?
Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:18am On Jun 13, 2022
Bigredmachine:
i see wike decamping to APC soon cos PDP is becoming to small for him
Wike hate Apc with passion

3 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by seanfer(m): 7:19am On Jun 13, 2022
Before it was Ugwuanyi now it’s Donald Duke. Do you think Wike will want to let go of the VP slot and become a minister in case the party win the general election? Wike is too ambitious to nominate someone he cannot control

2 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by muykem: 7:19am On Jun 13, 2022
Bellow is a probability chance of each presidential candidates to win election as at today.

Tiunbu = 55%
Atiku = 30%
Kwankwaso = 5%
Peter Obi = 5%
Others = 5%

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by naija4life247: 7:20am On Jun 13, 2022
muykem:
Bellow is a probability chance of each presidential candidates to win election as at today.

Tiunbu = 55%
Atiku = 30%
Kwankwaso = 5%
Peter Obi = 5%
Others = 5%

Dem no go hear. Dem go cry again.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by naija4life247: 7:21am On Jun 13, 2022
seanfer:
Before it was Ugwuanyi now it’s Donald Duke. Do you think Wike will want to let go of the VP slot and become a minister in case the party win the general election? Wike is too ambitious to nominate someone he cannot control

Opposite of Tinubu. Selfless godfather of all godfathers.

36 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by naija4life247: 7:24am On Jun 13, 2022
fulaniHERDSman:
Enemy camp in disarray.
U dey smoke Igbo? U dey take Indian hemp

Or Chinese hemp

34 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by naija4life247: 7:24am On Jun 13, 2022
Honor10:
They will all fail together.

No to another fulani in 2023, no be only Fulani get Nigeria.

I am BATified.

Jagaban Borgu

35 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Prince111111: 7:24am On Jun 13, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Wike hate Apc with passion
the hatred is much seriously
Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Arielle: 7:27am On Jun 13, 2022
Donald will split Peter Obi's votes. This Wike is an evil man. Donald as VP will just be a waste of his talents because I doubt if the North will allow him be anything other than a figurehead. Then we would have lost Peter Obi for nothing.
But Atiku was Donald's dad's boss in customs, so lets see how that plays out.
Curioser and curioser! cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Prince111111: 7:27am On Jun 13, 2022
muykem:
Bellow is a probability chance of each presidential candidates to win the election as of today.

Tiunbu = 55%
Atiku = 30%
Kwankwaso = 5%
Peter Obi = 5%
Others = 5%
You don't even know how to spell the first on your list currently..hence the first correct spelt name comes first!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Rastaramsey(m): 7:27am On Jun 13, 2022
Pierce008:
I hope Presidency doesn't go to the North. It won't be funny for the entire south. And as for the position of a VP, it's almost like a ceremonial post.

Tinubu no fit beat atiku...

3 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Bomboiy: 7:28am On Jun 13, 2022
Good, without wike's influence southsouth PDP will definitely grow weak.

Another advantage for Peter Obi.
Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Prince111111: 7:29am On Jun 13, 2022
Arielle:
Donald will split Peter Obi's votes. This Wike is an evil man. Donald as VP will just be a waste of his talents because I doubt if the North will allow him be anything other than a figurehead. Then we would have lost Peter Obi for nothing.
But Atiku was Donald's dad's boss in customs, so lets see how that plays out.
Curioser and curioser! cheesy
Donald is a good fit

1 Like

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Arielle: 7:29am On Jun 13, 2022
naija4life247:
Donald Duke did very well when he was governor at the same time with Tinubu, yet all his Calabar indegenes are working as house boys and house girls in Tinubu's Lagos.

Meanwhile, that same Calabar which Donald Duke governed was the first Capital of Nigeria, yet all treasury looters in Calabar bring their mistresses to fucck in Lagos.

Yes because your yoruba people are too fvcking dirty to keep a home. You really wanna go down this road?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Prince111111: 7:30am On Jun 13, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Tinubu no fit beat Atiku...
please tell them
Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Arielle: 7:31am On Jun 13, 2022
Prince111111:
Donald is a good fit
I must say, he is. Cross River will vote massively for PDP. Yay!!!!!!!
I'm still partial to Peter Obi, until someone proves me wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Prince111111: 7:32am On Jun 13, 2022
Bomboiy:
Good, without wike's influence south-south PDP will grow weak.

Another advantage for Peter Obi.
they are checkmating his Affluence already. That's if the so-called Affluence isn't audio
Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Pierce008: 7:34am On Jun 13, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Tinubu no fit beat atiku...
I just think it is sort of 50/50 between these two old corrupt men. They both have the resources, and I think,they are both ready to fight dirty.

I'm currently "Obidient". #Im for a working_Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by Prince111111: 7:34am On Jun 13, 2022
Arielle:

I must say, he is. Cross River will vote massively for PDP. Yay!!!!!!!
I'm still partial to Peter Obi until someone proves me wrong.
ofcourse you know why you are supporting Obi but in reality, PDP needs the massive votes in Cross River

2 Likes

Re: Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D by sonature1: 7:53am On Jun 13, 2022
naija4life247:

Don't start this madness today! Donald Duke was an excellent governor in his time.

He was arguably the best, coming up with ideas that put Cross River on the map and generated good revenue for the state.

Unfortunately, his successors destroyed his legacy.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Is The Guardian's Man Of The Year 2009 / Rochas Okorocha Declares Support For Jonathan Vow To Take Over From Him In 2019 / Pictures: States Recorded N264.38bn IGR Growth In Q3 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.