Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US (43705 Views)

David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges / Ivy League Schools In Nigeria, If You No Go Here, Na College You Go / Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by God1000(m): 10:59am On Jun 13, 2022
A Florida teen was accepted into all eight Ivy League schools -- and seven other universities

Florida teen Ashley Adirika has always dreamed of attending an Ivy League school. So in late fall, she applied to not just one -- but all eight of them.

On Ivy Day, the fateful spring day when the prestigious schools all announce their first-year admission decisions, Ashley opened eight tabs on her computer -- one for each's applicants portal. One acceptance letter popped up. Then another. And another.

Until she had them all: Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Penn, Princeton and Yale.

It was a surreal moment for the 17-year-old, whose mother emigrated to the US from Nigeria three decades ago. Ashley was surrounded that day by family members -- including her four siblings -- who joined her in squealing in delight at each new acceptance letter.

"I just decided to shoot my shot at all of them and see if it would land. And I had no idea that I would get accepted into all of them," she says. "On Ivy Day, I remember crying a lot and just being extremely surprised."

Ashley, who graduated from Miami Beach Senior High School this month, joins an exclusive group: Since 2018, each Ivy League school has accepted less than 12% of its applicants. This year Yale accepted 4.5%, Columbia took 3.7% and Harvard accepted just 3.2%, the lowest number in the university's history.

Ashley also got accepted to seven other top-rated schools, including Stanford, Vanderbilt and Emory. She picked Harvard, where she plans to major in government this fall.

She's been a force on the debate team
Ashley says she was conflicted between Harvard and Yale, but it all came down to her career aspirations. Her goal is to learn how government works and how policies can help fix economic disparities in communities.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/06/12/us/ashley-adirika-ivy-league-colleges-cec/index.html

104 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by God1000(m): 10:59am On Jun 13, 2022
This is stupendous, her family must be very proud of her.

She's a rare gem

182 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:02am On Jun 13, 2022
Tribalists don't jubilate yet..

somebody must tell us the tribe.

Be patient

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:02am On Jun 13, 2022
NCAN check status......Not completed

What is Adirika...?

I don't like all this kind of confusion at all

186 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by OlawaleBammie: 11:02am On Jun 13, 2022
Congratulations to her but..

Wetin make we do now??

No be she dem go first admit and she no go be last, nothing special in nothingness jare.

Even me, in 2012, dem admit me for federal polytechnic ado ekiti and heaven no fall lipsrsealed undecided

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:04am On Jun 13, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Congratulations to her but..

Wetin make we do now??

No be she dem go first admit and she no go be last, nothing special in nothingness jare.

Even me, in 2012, dem admit me for federal polytechnic ado ekiti and heaven no fall lipsrsealed undecided

Gosh I can imagine the evil forest you are referring to 10 years ago..

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by OlawaleBammie: 11:06am On Jun 13, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

Gosh I can imagine the evil forest you are referring to 10 years ago..

But we re not talking about Orlu or Abakaliki here na sad

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by God1000(m): 11:25am On Jun 13, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Tribalists don't jubilate yet..

somebody must tell us the tribe.

Be patient
she's a Nigerian-american.

No need of childish fight

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by God1000(m): 11:26am On Jun 13, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

What is Adirika...?

she was born and brought up in US, her mum is from Nigeria

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by DevilSignature: 11:58am On Jun 13, 2022
cheesy

Congratulations to her and best wishes

Her unfortunate mates in Nigeria are locked up in strike

Tueeeeeeeeeh Buhari government

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

But we re not talking about Orlu or Abakaliki here na sad

I dare you to post pictures of Ado ekiti and abakaliki, let nairalanders judge..

TuEh

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by OlawaleBammie: 1:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

I dare you to post pictures of Ado ekiti and abakaliki, let nairalanders judge..

TuEh
Lol, na pictures go kill una, a no even dey Ado again self so how a wan take snap. U can check the drones image online ursef cus a no get tym for developer's shenanigans grin grin

U should come develop Ado ekiti na grin

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by meobizy(f): 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
News from almost six years ago.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by God1000(m): 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
meobizy:
News from almost six years ago.
it's a different one, but almost the same story.

This teen is from Florida and she graduated from Miami Beach Senior High School

The one you are probably talking about (ifeoma) she's from new Jersey, she graduated from Morris hills high school.

And they are of the same age as well

Unless the media is misinforming us by twisting the story.

CNN just posted it yesterday

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by meobizy(f): 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
God1000:
it's a different one, but almost the same story.

This teen is from Florida and she graduated from Miami Beach Senior High School

The one you are probably talking about (ifeoma) she's from new Jersey, she graduated from Morris hills high school.

And they are of the same age as well
Which year?

Unless the media is misinforming us by twisting the story
I won’t put it past CNN. Na their work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by God1000(m): 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2022
meobizy:
Which year?

I won’t put it past CNN. Na their work.
it's CNN, but daily mail posted it too.

It must be a mistake

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:47pm On Jun 13, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Lol, na pictures go kill una, a no even dey Ado again self so how a wan take snap. U can check the drones image online ursef cus a no get tym for developer's shenanigans grin grin

U should come develop Ado ekiti na grin

Na drone go kill una self...

Liars.
Big bush

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by Millimann: 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
Good
Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by verybadmouth(m): 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by hisexcellency34: 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
I'm not Igbo but I must admit that they are the most knowledgeable and business - oriented tribe in Nigeria

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by kponkedenge(m): 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
Igbo Amaka.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by blazesam(m): 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
H
Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by Rashkeed101: 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
Sweet gurl
Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by AyakaDunukofia: 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
Adirika, that must be from Ojoto, Anambra State.
Good one. Congratulations

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by Offpoint1: 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by Ournolly: 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
Great one!
Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by Mandate2023: 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by AbosedeFalade(f): 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

What is Adirika...?

She is an Igbo girl. One of her relations is Bakky Ngozi Adirika of Nnamdi Azikiwe University.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by JimohMomoh: 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
Congratulations to her.

Hope she won't create a thread on Nairaland telling us America is a bad place and Nigerians should not come over.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US by Aderewah: 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2022
Before

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

High Price Of Kerosene And The Students Of PolyUnwana / Photos Of A Snake Killed In FUPRE Campus / The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.