Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,688 members, 7,851,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:53 PM

PVC: Tinubu Not Responsible For Attack On Ndigbo In Lagos — Chinedu Ogah - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PVC: Tinubu Not Responsible For Attack On Ndigbo In Lagos — Chinedu Ogah (8857 Views)

Ndigbo In Lagos State Demands For ₦17m From APC To Endorse Tinubu / Ohanaeze Criticise Bulkachuwa Over Inflammatory Comments On Ndigbo / We Are Not Responsible For DCP Usman Musa's Death - Shiites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PVC: Tinubu Not Responsible For Attack On Ndigbo In Lagos — Chinedu Ogah by derecho(m): 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
How can someone in Ebonyi tell us what happened in Alaba Lagos?
Re: PVC: Tinubu Not Responsible For Attack On Ndigbo In Lagos — Chinedu Ogah by maestroferddi: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ebubu3:

tell your brothers to stop calling Abakaliki man and Ndi Ebonyi by extension, OSU let us start from there.

Note this social and cultural (not political), cancelling of the Ebonyi people long preceded Dave Umahi so don't report that it is due to antics of Dave Umahi.

Tell your people to stop ridiculing Ebonyi/Abakaliki man with outcaste and Fulani tags and we will start our reconciliation from there.
I am hearing this allegation of addressing Ebonyi people as Osu for the first time...

If you are talking of the Abakiliki man stereotype, then I will concede..

Nonetheless, these stereotypes are bad social behaviours common to almost all socities, the Igbo inclusive.

It is not exclusive to Ebonyi State...The Mbaises and the Ngwas just to mention a few were also victims of some kind of negative profiling ...

The difference is that these two peoples chose not to dwell on thoughtless perception by others but went on to achieve tremendous social and economic progress...
Today those stereotypes are almost non-existent...

Don't get me wrong....Stereotyping is highly condemnable and I am happy the social media/,internet has been a veritable tool to fight it in Igbo society..

But I have to state that Ebonyi people should do something about their tendency to regress from collective Igbo positions and worldview....

It is becoming very worrisome. I don't think that stance will bode well for Ebonyi interest in particular and Igbo unity in general.

The Igbo axiom that "Igwe bu Ike" or unity is strength should be instructive...

1 Like

Re: PVC: Tinubu Not Responsible For Attack On Ndigbo In Lagos — Chinedu Ogah by maestroferddi: 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ebubu3:

they socially and culturally call us Osu, which means outcast.

It is a very ridiculing and demeaning thing to say.

The Ebonyi man now decided to weaponize the outcast, Osu tag proudly and alienate from the rest of the Igbo politically.

The hate and propaganda you give.
Stop being simple-minded.

I spent over three years working at Ikom in Cross River State.

People from Ebony State are dominant among Igbos in Ikom given the proximity of Ebonyi State.

The Igbos there intermingle freely so where is this allegation of yours based on?

As a bonfide Igboman you ought to know how the osu caste system began in Igboland so you can challenge anyone one addressing anybody as one...
Re: PVC: Tinubu Not Responsible For Attack On Ndigbo In Lagos — Chinedu Ogah by kolas88(m): 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
jom28gy:
if there is anything called Tinubu in the race,we don't know, because Obi, has perterrized everywhere
. Peter obituary that will fighting for 4th position with kwakwaso.
Re: PVC: Tinubu Not Responsible For Attack On Ndigbo In Lagos — Chinedu Ogah by securitywatch50: 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2022
A man that can not point at any achievement for his constituency is now a spokes man for jagaban, oh I forget he wants to cash out from jagaban
maestroferddi:
I am hearing this allegation of addressing Ebonyi people as Osu for the first time...

If you are talking of the Abakiliki man stereotype, then I will concede..

Nonetheless, these stereotypes are bad social behaviours common to almost all socities, the Igbo inclusive.

It is not exclusive to Ebonyi State...The Mbaises and the Ngwas just to mention a few were also victims of some kind of negative profiling ...

The difference is that these two peoples chose not to dwell on thoughtless perception by others but went on two achieve tremendous social and economic progress...
Today those stereotypes are almost non-existent...

Don't get me wrong....Stereotyping is highly condemnable and I am happy the social media/,internet has been a veritable tool to fight it in Igbo society..

But I have to state that Ebonyi people should do something about their tendency to regress from collective Igbo positions and worldview....

It is becoming very worrisome. I don't think that stance will bode well for Ebonyi interest in particular and Igbo unity in general.

The Igbo axiom that "Igwe bu Ike" or unity is strength should be instructive...
may God bless you based on your analysis on this issues, especially "unity is strength"
Re: PVC: Tinubu Not Responsible For Attack On Ndigbo In Lagos — Chinedu Ogah by ezekiekizedon: 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2022
The problem with the majority of the south (especially the ibos) is the greed/deep selfishness of our supposed representatives (leaders) over the collective good of all.

Ebubu3:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/pvc-tinubu-not-responsible-for-attack-on-ndigbo-in-lagos-ebonyi-reps-member-insists-2/amp/
Re: PVC: Tinubu Not Responsible For Attack On Ndigbo In Lagos — Chinedu Ogah by Achilles881: 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
The usual Igbo useful idiot, shinedu ogah
Re: PVC: Tinubu Not Responsible For Attack On Ndigbo In Lagos — Chinedu Ogah by teepain: 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
izac82:

This is democracy. I will vote for Peter Obi, but I cannot stop any Igboman that chooses to vote for Tinubu, and that cannot mean he is shameless. Let's learn to be tolerant for once.

God will bless you abundantly for your disposition. There is a reason why it is called democracy. There should be freedom of choices! I will defend any one who chooses to tow a different line of political leaning from mine. We aren't all supposed to sleep and place our head in the same direction.

1 Like

Re: PVC: Tinubu Not Responsible For Attack On Ndigbo In Lagos — Chinedu Ogah by Igbojew: 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ofcourse this statement will come from an Ebonyi man,like their governor Devil Umahi like their us..less politicians but I trust their gallant youths to teach them stuff my great Ebonyians are made of.Same Tinubu that could not peep in any South East State during his consultations will enter foot in Ebonyi or any South South,let it dare and see...........I am that Igbojew the table shaker

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Expects 6,800 Delegates Tomorrow / Presidential Debate: All Candidates Should Be Given Level-playing Field – MURIC / Court Discharges Ex-IGP Sunday Ehindero Of N16.4m Fraud Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.