Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,978 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) (25596 Views)

Hamas Tried To Send Fighters To Egypt In Ambulances For Wounded Gazans. / Americans Blast Zelensky For Rejecting Elon Musk's Peace Deal With Russia (Pics) / 70 Women Marry Dozens Of Trees In Bristol In Bid To Prevent Them Being Felled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by walichenko: 10:17pm On Jun 15, 2022
SARSCoV2:
Europe's diversification is a constant. It was much expected!

I hope same gesture is extended to Nigeria! Nigeria`s LNG is available!

Where is the steadily fast source of transport for that going to come from?
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Aaseema: 10:20pm On Jun 15, 2022
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Vaughanlanrewaj: 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2022
railone:

Should I pull up that Journalist dead report on all the major news outlet you guys term western media?

You go just stay for your house cook western propaganda. no research, no facts just propaganda and inshallah.

Go check how many years now, the US has been petitioning Israel to embrace a 2 state solution to the Palestine conflict.

The want Jerusalem, something any sane person will know can't happen. Jerusalem is one of the significant core of Judaism and Christianity. Can they Muslim give up Mecca even when historically Mecca didn't belong to them unlike Jerusalem?

Please do not bring in bigotry and shallow arrogance from deep ignorance.
In the first place, Jerusalem is not only for Judaism and Christianity like most ignorant folks think. By virtue of the link that both Islam and Christianity has to Abraham, the Judaism and Islam faithfuls are related. As a matter of fact, both faiths believe that the resting place of their Patriach Abraham is Jerusalem.

Secondly, I suspect that you know nothing or very little about Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem. That mosque is one of the Holy sites in Islam and Islamic faithfuls go there on Holy pilgrimage especially during the last 10 days of Ramadan. The mosque is just seperated by a wall from the Holy sites of Judaim faithfuls.

Mecca is not fought for by Christians for obvious reasons you do not know; the Isrealis there were itenerant business folks before the city became an Islamic city and unlike Christianity, Islam as a religion came much years after Christianity.

Fimally, not everyone insisting on justice is a Muslim. I am appalled that an Isreali security operative assasinated that innocent and defenceless woman and still used batons to beat mourners carrying her coffin. It was completely despicable. I am sure that if it was in Nigeria this happened, hypocrites will go all over the social media to call for the head of the security officer who killed Shirleen Abu Akleh. I suspect that you will be among them.

If US has deployed the same political will it is using to dole out billions of donation, loans and military aids to Ukraine for supporting the 2 state solution to help the Palestinians suffering from Apartheid in their own land or compel Isreal to return the Golan Heights to the owners, the hypocrisy of US and the west won't be so obvious.

It is the chicken coming home to roost. Russia is doing to Ukraine same thing Israel is doing to Palestine. Incidentally, while the Palestinians are being killed by the Isrealis in small numbers , Russia is practically killing Ukranians in droves and redrawing the map of Ukraine. That is the problem with injustice; injustice to one is injustice to all.

It is immoral of EU signing a gas deal with Isreal at this time and if I am EU, I will ditch Isreal gas and go for Nigerian gas. Nigeria will not be using the proceeds of gas to buy artillery kill citizens of another nation.
That murder of Shirleen is completely atrocious and UN must get justice for her and her children.

5 Likes

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by gambojimeta: 10:49pm On Jun 15, 2022
NessFortunate:

they already milked us... We are irrelevant. Do we refine our crude in our shore, no we don't have a NATIONAL REFINERY. DANGOTE OWN IS A PRIVATE PROPERTY LIKE THEY TOLD US. SMH. Serious businees need head to make it a sucess.
We just need a good leader in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Mccullum: 10:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Peter Obi went to Egypt for solution on our power problem, people who haven't seen light in their neighbourhood for over a month were criticizing him. Now Europe is turning to the same Egypt for solution on their gas problem and all of them are silent.

Peter Obi...the man who saw tomorrow.

I see him becoming the next president of Nigeria.

This I have seen.

I see him becoming next president of his town union angry
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Gospel2Day: 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
seunny4lif:
Oooh grin but Israeli is also grabbing lands.
Israeli have not returned Syria land to Syria government and Jordan land to Jordan government or is it only Russia is bad Stories grin

Anyway my own is fuel prices are all time high with the massive billions euros on oil subsidy as in £2 per litre for fuel angry
Electricity bill in summer is €300 shocked

German Economy Minister Habeck complains that restrictions on energy deliveries from Russia are political, not technical as Russia have cut off supplies through NS1 by 20%.
But isn’t that what you wanted?

Both Syria and Jordan invaded Israel in a war of extermination and annihilation.
Israel won the war and took spoils of war.
Why accused Israel of land grabbing then?
What if they had eliminated Israel as they planned and attempted?
From time immemorial, if you wage war against another nation and you lost the war, the natural consequence is that you lose all or parts of your land/sovereignty to the victorious army.
Israel even did better, they returned back to Egypt the Sinai Peninsula they captured and occupied for some time.
As for Jordan and Syria, what they lost to Israel is gone forever and ever.
Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by ariesbull: 11:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
These Europeans are daft, how did they colonise the world?

Someone has a borehole and piped water to your compound selling to you at N100 per liter... You want to leave the person and go to the next street and buy same water at N350 per litre and then find abọ́kị́ that will use his cart to carry the water to your house then you pay the aboki

These guys are just daft...

6 Likes

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by zahrach: 11:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
Righteousness2:
This is Prophetic and Historic at the same time.
For the First time , Israel is becoming a Major player and ally to Europe. One they can no longer underestimate and come against at every given opportunity.

Israel is officially becoming the Substitute for Russia in Gas export to Europe.
Russia understands this! Russia does not like this!
Gas and oil is the number 1 source of income to the Russian Federation.

Watch out Folks! The Prophet Ezekiel Prophecied over 2500 yrs ago, in Ezekiel 38 & 39 that in the last days, Israel will be Invaded for its Spoils! For its goodies! For its resources! In what the Bible calls " The GogMagog" Invasion!
Ladies and Gentlemen, behold Bible Prophecies taking shape before us

The Countdown towards the Russia ( Gog Magog) Invasion of Israel officially begins today!!

If you yet to come into a Genuie and solid relationship with JESUS Christ, you are in a mess! You need to buckle up and run to JESUS Christ as we are living in the Last of the Last Moments. The Rapture can Happen anyday, anymoment now!
JESUS Christ is Coming Quickly ! Be Ready ooooo

Isreal will be invaded and that will lead to proper world war
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by osazsky(m): 11:28pm On Jun 15, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Peter Obi went to Egypt for solution on our power problem, people who haven't seen light in their neighbourhood for over a month were criticizing him. Now Europe is turning to the same Egypt for solution on their gas problem and all of them are silent.

This I have seen.
igbo male PVC 10k,,igbo female PVC 8k..I see business transaction with pos littered everywhere on election day..this I have seen..know this and know peace
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by seunny4lif(m): 11:42pm On Jun 15, 2022
Meaning Russia should never return those land back to Ukraine, if that’s the logic here grin
Gospel2Day:

Both Syria and Jordan invaded Israel in a war of extermination and annihilation.
Israel won the war and took spoils of war.
Why accused Israel of land grabbing then?
What if they had eliminated Israel as they planned and attempted?
From time immemorial, if you wage war against another nation and you lost the war, the natural consequence is that you lose all or parts of your land/sovereignty to the victorious army.
Israel even did better, they returned back to Egypt the Sinai Peninsula they captured and occupied for some time.
As for Jordan and Syria, what they lost to Israel is gone forever and ever.
Shalom.
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Zelenskyy(m): 12:05am On Jun 16, 2022
Less money for Putin's Russia to Invade other countries.

2 Likes

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by pacespot(m): 12:06am On Jun 16, 2022
So Israel is also energy rich?
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by saxywale1: 12:18am On Jun 16, 2022
ariesbull:
These Europeans are daft, how did they colonise the world?

Someone has a borehole and piped water to your compound selling to you at N100 per liter... You want to leave the person and go to the next street and buy same water at N350 per litre and then find abọ́kị́ that will use his cart to carry the water to your house then you pay the aboki

These guys are just daft...
This is rich coming from a Nigerian.

Some of you would have said Europeans and Americans are daft for ditching cheaper horses and carriages for gasoline automobiles in the early 20th century. Some of you would have called Americans daft for sacrificing thousands of soldiers in WW2 in "an European" war

They are daft yet they created the phones and OS on it that enables you to comment on posts like this. LMAO

3 Likes

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by saxywale1: 12:20am On Jun 16, 2022
pacespot:
So Israel is also energy rich?
Gas is in abundant supply all over the world.

1 Like

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by saxywale1: 12:21am On Jun 16, 2022
osazsky:
igbo male PVC 10k,,igbo female PVC 8k..I see business transaction with pos littered everywhere on election day..this I have seen..know this and know peace
Lol.
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 16, 2022
walichenko:

Where is the steadily fast source of transport for that going to come from?

shocked shocked shocked
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by seguno2: 2:01am On Jun 16, 2022
pansophist:
I'm referring to Chinese daily importation not only from Russia, and with the ongoing construction of gas pipeline from siberia to China, its inevitable that the numbers will increase.

Is your overwhelming support for the Kremlin bully not making you tell needless lies

pansophist:
EU imports 2.2 million barrels of oil per day from Russia, meanwhile, only China imports over 12 millions barrels daily and India about 10 million, not to mention India and they've got huge discount from Putin, making them to purchase more and more.

EU over estimate their importance to Russia, Russia simply does not need them, other buyers will make up for for it, or at worse, will rather sacrifice EU market for sovereignty, to avoid the fate of it's collapse like the west did with the soviet Union.

2 Likes

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by dochenaj: 2:09am On Jun 16, 2022
post=113838904:
Egypt’s LNG facilities have a total capacity of around 16 billion cubic meters so, in the longer term, as more gas is produced, eastern Mediterranean countries would also need to build new LNG or pipeline infrastructure to support exports.

Our Darling country can do more than this if we have people that were willing since independence.
We have all it takes to be a great nation.
There is no reason to be in abject poverty in this country.
We are brilliant people.
Nigerians let's come together and make our nation move forward.

Na beg we beg una.
By voting in Tinubu I suppose, right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by dochenaj: 2:11am On Jun 16, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Una go sign deal tire. Russia will get other buyers.
Decreased demand and static supply will drive Russia prices down and reduce their revenue earned from gas.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by anonimi: 2:14am On Jun 16, 2022

1 Like

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Truvelisback(m): 2:29am On Jun 16, 2022
Righteousness2:
This is Prophetic and Historic at the same time.
For the First time , Israel is becoming a Major player and ally to Europe. One they can no longer underestimate and come against at every given opportunity.

Israel is officially becoming the Substitute for Russia in Gas export to Europe.
Russia understands this! Russia does not like this!
Gas and oil is the number 1 source of income to the Russian Federation.

Watch out Folks! The Prophet Ezekiel Prophecied over 2500 yrs ago, in Ezekiel 38 & 39 that in the last days, Israel will be Invaded for its Spoils! For its goodies! For its resources! In what the Bible calls " The GogMagog" Invasion!
Ladies and Gentlemen, behold Bible Prophecies taking shape before us

The Countdown towards the Russia ( Gog Magog) Invasion of Israel officially begins today!!

If you yet to come into a Genuie and solid relationship with JESUS Christ, you are in a mess! You need to buckle up and run to JESUS Christ as we are living in the Last of the Last Moments. The Rapture can Happen anyday, anymoment now!
JESUS Christ is Coming Quickly ! Be Ready ooooo
Why do u conclude that Russia would invade Isreal?
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by ogwumgbe: 2:38am On Jun 16, 2022
JohnieWalker12:
E sure me die say Peter Obi go study this business deal as him dey Egypt like this. God bless our incoming presido. #peterobi4presido

Yes a blind man can't lead a blind man. Peter Obi is the man, he's got vision and have already seen 50 years ahead of other thieves contesting with him. Thieves are only there to liquidate the masses more, only Peter Obi is there to lift the masses out of poverty. If Nigerians this time failed to realize this, then I would say that the curse hanging on Nigeria is irredeemable. This is the only chance Nigeria has to take back their country. Vote Peter Obi for better tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by abbey621(m): 4:28am On Jun 16, 2022
Goddson:
Media spin/stunt… A lot of western zombies on this forum.

Despite Fela Anikulapo kuti’s songs trying to open Nigerian peoples eyes from western slavery, my people still remain blind mentally.

Below is how much I bought gas today (luckily me, it’s over 5$ per gallon in other gas stations)
western sanctions are backfiring.

So what? It was over $4 in 2008 as well and that had nothing to do with sanctions. U.S is a fluid country, what you lose now will sooner or later be reimbursed. In fact, if you play your cards right, you're getting that back at tax time and more.

1 Like

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by pacespot(m): 5:22am On Jun 16, 2022
saxywale1:

Gas is in abundant supply all over the world.

Except in Europe right, going by the recent development in the region?

1 Like

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Greisen: 5:56am On Jun 16, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Judolisco(m): 6:04am On Jun 16, 2022
Rastaramsey:
This people really mean Putin grin grin
That's what you get when you are a bully...
Dem sanction Putin but na still Dem dey cry ...u don see Putin dey shout since war start? Go america now they can't stop talking about putin
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Originality007: 6:27am On Jun 16, 2022
Vaughanlanrewaj:

You really got it sir! It is this hypocrisy of EU and the West that the Arabs have been complaining about and explains why the Arabs never joined the west in condemning Russia.

Al Jazeera has aired a few debates on this double standard when the West and EU turn a blind eye to same crime Isreal is committing against the Palestinians but want others to condemn Russia. It will not work if it does not promote justice.

Just few days ago, Isreal forces killed a defenceless US-Palestinian journalist, Shirleen Abu Akleh, while covering a protest and followed up by using batons on those carrying her coffin yet the West kept quiet and went on to now reward Isreal with a multibillion dollar gas contract.

Hmmm.EU is fishing in troubled waters.

I will be the least surprised if this plan fails. They should have opted for Nigerian gas instead.

no matter how u cry, it will not stop Israel progress

1 Like

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by faceland: 6:35am On Jun 16, 2022
It's propaganda. The piple line would be completed in 2027
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by ariesbull: 6:41am On Jun 16, 2022
saxywale1:

This is rich coming from a Nigerian.

Some of you would have said Europeans and Americans are daft for ditching cheaper horses and carriages for gasoline automobiles in the early 20th century. Some of you would have called Americans daft for sacrificing thousands of soldiers in WW2 in "an European" war

They are daft yet they created the phones and OS on it that enables you to comment on posts like this. LMAO
this guy you are sounding defitist... I am bringing logical anologies and you are talking inventions... They are not the only ones that invented... This yoruba boy...

These are why Nigeria should be divided cos of various mentality of people towards things
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by moradeke42109: 6:43am On Jun 16, 2022
Ww3 lurking Ww3 lurking ...
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:48am On Jun 16, 2022
seunny4lif:
Ukraine proposes to Gazprom to increase the transit of gas through its territory via the Ukrainian GTS against the backdrop of a decrease in gas supplies to Europe via the Nord Stream grin grin

So much Russia is killing us from Ukraine grin grin but when it’s come to Russia money, they want to have it.
Ukraine want EU to cut off Russia oil and gas yet same Ukraine can’t cut off Russia oil and gas passing through its territory because of money.
No be juju be that grin

1) India buys 18% of all total Russian crude exports since the war, up from just 1% pre-war

2) Russia becomes India’s 2nd biggest oil supplier, displacing Saudi Arabia

3) Russia earned €93b from energy exports during the war.
The revenue exceeds what Russia spends on the war
Demand for Russia oil and gas to Asia have skyrocket to extend that Japan still refused to cancel Russia-Japan oil and gas project as it is important for Japan economy

No.3 is the reason why wars seem not to end especially when it involves "democracy" spreaders ���. If the wrong set of people get hold of such huge sums it only promotes it and insurgency just like our brothers in the middle East. Russia has the best performing currency all year, isn't that an irony after economists touted Russia would be down on it's knees? Even the almighty US want to share from the spoils by supplying weapons to Ukraine. For you to achieve anything in life, you have to be realistic and not bank on emotions, that's exactly what Russia is doing. All Putin needs to do is pay a few more rumbles to the Russian soldiers fighting in Ukraine and they'll be motivated again; he has the money to do it and talking points to back up his reason for the sustained onslaught on Ukraine. I'm only sorry for poor Ukrainians who's dumb President fell for the antics of the US and downplayed Putin's warnings and I'm 100% sure he regrets it already. It's either Ukraine concedes defeat or go to the negotiation table because before this stream comes online, I wonder what would be left of Ukraine as so many of the sanction enforcers aren't even buying into it. This should be a hard lesson for others to who are romanticising with the democracy spreaders, Russia is world power and will be fine with or without the war. It almost feels like Russia is trolling each time I go through flashscore.mobi site as Russia seems to have even started several armatuer leagues which didn't exist before the war while everything concerning sports in Ukraine is cancelled.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online / Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel / Gunfire And Explosions At Moscow Concert Hall In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.