Stats: 3,157,977 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) (25596 Views)

Hamas Tried To Send Fighters To Egypt In Ambulances For Wounded Gazans. / Americans Blast Zelensky For Rejecting Elon Musk's Peace Deal With Russia (Pics) / 70 Women Marry Dozens Of Trees In Bristol In Bid To Prevent Them Being Felled (2) (3) (4)

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by YangaBabe: 6:56am On Jun 16, 2022
All these ones na wash, the west can't actually ditch Russia when it comes to oil.
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:57am On Jun 16, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Peter Obi went to Egypt for solution on our power problem, people who haven't seen light in their neighbourhood for over a month were criticizing him. Now Europe is turning to the same Egypt for solution on their gas problem and all of them are silent.

Peter Obi...the man who saw tomorrow.

I see him becoming the next president of Nigeria.
GOD REMEMBER AND BLESS NIGERIA AMEN . AHOW US MERCY OH GOD �

This I have seen.
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by railone(m): 7:08am On Jun 16, 2022
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Please do not bring in bigotry and shallow arrogance from deep ignorance.
In the first place, Jerusalem is not only for Judaism and Christianity like most ignorant folks think. By virtue of the link that both Islam and Christianity has to Abraham, the Judaism and Islam faithfuls are related. As a matter of fact, both faiths believe that the resting place of their Patriach Abraham is Jerusalem.

Secondly, I suspect that you know nothing or very little about Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem. That mosque is one of the Holy sites in Islam and Islamic faithfuls go there on Holy pilgrimage especially during the last 10 days of Ramadan. The mosque is just seperated by a wall from the Holy sites of Judaim faithfuls.

Mecca is not fought for by Christians for obvious reasons you do not know; the Isrealis there were itenerant business folks before the city became an Islamic city and unlike Christianity, Islam as a religion came much years after Christianity.

Fimally, not everyone insisting on justice is a Muslim. I am appalled that an Isreali security operative assasinated that innocent and defenceless woman and still used batons to beat mourners carrying her coffin. It was completely despicable. I am sure that if it was in Nigeria this happened, hypocrites will go all over the social media to call for the head of the security officer who killed Shirleen Abu Akleh. I suspect that you will be among them.

If US has deployed the same political will it is using to dole out billions of donation, loans and military aids to Ukraine for supporting the 2 state solution to help the Palestinians suffering from Apartheid in their own land or compel Isreal to return the Golan Heights to the owners, the hypocrisy of US and the west won't be so obvious.

It is the chicken coming home to roost. Russia is doing to Ukraine same thing Israel is doing to Palestine. Incidentally, while the Palestinians are being killed by the Isrealis in small numbers , Russia is practically killing Ukranians in droves and redrawing the map of Ukraine. That is the problem with injustice; injustice to one is injustice to all.

It is immoral of EU signing a gas deal with Isreal at this time and if I am EU, I will ditch Isreal gas and go for Nigerian gas. Nigeria will not be using the proceeds of gas to buy artillery kill citizens of another nation.
That murder of Shirleen is completely atrocious and UN must get justice for her and her children.

I hate being right on this platform.... Like I said, sat down in your house to cook propaganda.

Look at the epistle you wrote and what I said, completely made up from no where, I said Jerusalem is one of the significant core of Judaism and Christianity.
Never said Islam has no place in Jerusalem, is it the English that's hard for you to comprehend.
Next, you said you're not a Muslim like when did I ever insinuate that, you just come up with this crap out of thin air.

I'm glad you said, Islam came much later after Christianity which makes Israel claim of Jerusalem more important so saying the Mosque in Jerusalem is one of the Holy site means less historically in the grand scheme of things.

All these point to what I said earlier, Jerusalem must be solely Israel and not shared, there are Muslim population in Israel, they can use the Mosque but Palestinian saying Jerusalem is a must for them shows they are not ready to negotiate in good faith.

All the archeological findings in. Jerusalem are more in tune with Israelite history and heritage than with Palestinians so how is Jerusalem theirs? Because they built a Mosque there, it is suddenly theirs?

Comparing Israel Palestine to Russia Ukraine shows you don't even know what you're talking about and I can't blame you cause you know the whole sitting down in the house to come up with propaganda thingy
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:19am On Jun 16, 2022
dochenaj:
Decreased demand and static supply will drive Russia prices down and reduce their revenue earned from gas.
They have been telling us this since the war started. But guess what, Russia earned 98b dollars from oil sales since the last 100 days of the war. And note down something today, Russia has been through its worst period already. It's only going to get better for Russia. Russia is winning the war as territory after territory keeps falling to them. And the rubble is better than it ever was

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Whobedatte(m): 7:25am On Jun 16, 2022
ariesbull:
These Europeans are daft, how did they colonise the world?

Someone has a borehole and piped water to your compound selling to you at N100 per liter... You want to leave the person and go to the next street and buy same water at N350 per litre and then find abọ́kị́ that will use his cart to carry the water to your house then you pay the aboki

These guys are just daft...
Black brain ! Everything to them is all about money
So if an invader comes to your house , threatens you , rapes your wife and kills your children all because you are gaining from the invader in monetary values , you won't retreat and cut his Greek gestures off simply because you are always making sth from him in monetary terms
You are on of the reason why they say the black man is incapacitated and can't function on its own
70 years old man sad

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Caseless: 7:30am On Jun 16, 2022
Vaughanlanrewaj:

You really got it sir! It is this hypocrisy of EU and the West that the Arabs have been complaining about and explains why the Arabs never joined the west in condemning Russia.

Al Jazeera has aired a few debates on this double standard when the West and EU turn a blind eye to same crime Isreal is committing against the Palestinians but want others to condemn Russia. It will not work if it does not promote justice.

Just few days ago, Isreal forces killed a defenceless US-Palestinian journalist, Shirleen Abu Akleh, while covering a protest and followed up by using batons on those carrying her coffin yet the West kept quiet and went on to now reward Isreal with a multibillion dollar gas contract.

Hmmm.EU is fishing in troubled waters.

I will be the least surprised if this plan fails. They should have opted for Nigerian gas instead.

The mumu European union has outsourced its independence to Egypt. Now it's time to worship Egypt. In fact, if Egypt is smart, this is what they'll use to asphyxiate Israel to hold them back from further occupation.

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Caseless: 7:35am On Jun 16, 2022
Whobedatte:

Black brain ! Everything to them is all about money
So if an invader comes to your house , threatens you , rapes your wife and kills your children all because you are gaining from the invader in monetary values , you won't retreat and cut his Greek gestures off simply because you are always making sth from him in monetary terms
You are on of the reason why they say the black man is incapacitated and can't function on its own
70 years old man sad
the invader even raised his concerns for 30 years and was ignored. Why not address his concerns? Just like the world bully, USA is putting America's interest as reason to invade, that's the reason Russia invaded Ukraine. Condemn Russia, condemn the USA and Israel.

Stop the hypocrisy. Ukrainians are regretting now. They have been forgotten. We're all bearing the brunt of the war.

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:42am On Jun 16, 2022
dochenaj:
Decreased demand and static supply will drive Russia prices down and reduce their revenue earned from gas.
China and India that's buying from Russia is actually doing it in solidarity while Russia in return is selling to them at a discount. No other supplier can go cheaper than Russia so I don't see them going out of business anytime soon. What's the point of enforcing sanctions on another country while you suffer by paying more for gas in your country than you used to before? Japan was sensible enough to back out by putting it's people first instead of towing the part of emotion like the EU. It doesn't make any sense to abide by sanctions while benefiting nothing from it.

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by prizeless(m): 7:46am On Jun 16, 2022
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:49am On Jun 16, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
They have been telling us this since the war started. But guess what, Russia earned 98b dollars from oil sales since the last 100 days of the war. And note down something today, Russia has been through its worst period already. It's only going to get better for Russia. Russia is winning the war as territory after territory keeps falling to them. And the rubble is better than it ever was

They're buying the western propaganda. Russia is losing the war but only on TV. We all saw how armchair economists predicted the downfall of the Russian currency and economy bug alas it's actually the opposite that's happening. I'm sure Putin would be more willing to sustain the onslaught since Russia is benefiting massively from it. The plan was well thought out before he went ahead with the war. The world was already getting tired of American hegemony so they needed someone to stand up to them and Russia is doing that, its not a coincidence that China and others are solidly behind them.

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:53am On Jun 16, 2022
YangaBabe:
All these ones na wash, the west can't actually ditch Russia when it comes to oil.
You get! Why would I leave my customer whom I buy things from in the cheap because he has issues with someone else and then asking me to buy elsewhere that's ×3 more expensive? Ukraine should rather negotiate with Russia to stop thus avoidable war because at some point even the US will be tires from funding them.
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Minjim: 7:55am On Jun 16, 2022
If only Nigeria has visionary leaders. Buhari made himself Minister of Petroleum because the money there not to improve the sector. Everything in that sector has crashed under him now. Subsidy payment keeps growing and petrol price keep soaring beyond the reach of hardworking Nigerians. Anyone with common sense should know we need to refine what we use locally as a matter of urgency. It's not long term plant , it needs to be done now. But the money they're making from subsidy will not let them take any action..
Nigeria ought to have positioned itself to reduce the influence of Russia in Europe. But our leaders just sat down contnented with importing refined fuel. " Ti wa til ba wa"
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Minjim: 7:58am On Jun 16, 2022
ben1daEbiri:

They're buying the western propaganda. Russia is losing the war but only on TV. We all saw how armchair economists predicted the downfall of the Russian currency and economy bug alas it's actually the opposite that's happening. I'm sure Putin would be more willing to sustain the onslaught since Russia is benefiting massively from it. The plan was well thought out before he went ahead with the war. The world was already getting tired of American hegemony so they needed someone to stand up to them and Russia is doing that, its not a coincidence that China and others are solidly behind them.

How is Russia benefiting? Can it survive on it's oil alone?

I

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Xfemt(m): 8:06am On Jun 16, 2022
post=113838904:
Egypt’s LNG facilities have a total capacity of around 16 billion cubic meters so, in the longer term, as more gas is produced, eastern Mediterranean countries would also need to build new LNG or pipeline infrastructure to support exports.

Our Darling country can do more than this if we have people that were willing since independence.
We have all it takes to be a great nation.
There is no reason to be in abject poverty in this country.
We are brilliant people.
Nigerians let's come together and make our nation move forward.

Na beg we beg una.

by voting in your drug lord bullonvan thieftinubu

Abi watin this one de talk
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:10am On Jun 16, 2022
ben1daEbiri:

To buttress your point that the world is fast growing tired of USA hegemony, look at the entire South America(USA backyard) no country has supported American sanction effort against Russia. Mexican president asserted early this week that the war could've been avoided. We all know he was taking aim at US for using NATO to encircle Russia.

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Horokrox: 8:25am On Jun 16, 2022
pacespot:
So Israel is also energy rich?

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Horokrox: 8:28am On Jun 16, 2022
gambojimeta:
Choi

Portugal, Spain and Italy are not far from Libya, Egypt and Tunisia.

Good for Isreal too. cool

Sorry Russia, you have treated your customers badly.

To those laughing at Western Europe they they would freeze in winter. Y'all have never travelled outside the shithole to realise how far these countries have developed/excelled, and they have lots of money. They are extremely rich.

Places like Nigeria are like 150 years behind grin
It's Russia's matter that will give IDIOTS like you including IgboFam,etc the worst cases of Myocardial Infarction undecided
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by velocity25(m): 8:34am On Jun 16, 2022
post=113838904:
Egypt’s LNG facilities have a total capacity of around 16 billion cubic meters so, in the longer term, as more gas is produced, eastern Mediterranean countries would also need to build new LNG or pipeline infrastructure to support exports.

Our Darling country can do more than this if we have people that were willing since independence.
We are brilliant people.

Na beg we beg una.

you want to have a great nation but blindly voted in buhari,no be juju be that?

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by ufotunang: 8:48am On Jun 16, 2022
See the opportunity nigeria has missed from the European Union.....if our politcians had made things to work well in nigeria...but they destroyed the country and economy.. ..nigeria a country blessed with oil and gas...,but nigeria is importing fuel, gas, disel, kerosene. nawaoooo

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by ben1daEbiri(m): 9:07am On Jun 16, 2022
Minjim:

How is Russia benefiting? Can it survive on it's oil alone?

I

Russia made more profit in the past 100days from the sale of oil/gas than ever before. Make of that what you will!

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 16, 2022
post=113838904:

We are brilliant people.

Na beg we beg una.

be like you haven't received your pay last month ?

this one you are stylishly calling your Bubu a. failure x2
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Karnice600: 9:45am On Jun 16, 2022
ariesbull:
These Europeans are daft, how did they colonise the world?

Someone has a borehole and piped water to your compound selling to you at N100 per liter... You want to leave the person and go to the next street and buy same water at N350 per litre and then find abọ́kị́ that will use his cart to carry the water to your house then you pay the aboki

These guys are just daft...

...and how about if the cheap water brought about threats and insecurity. Enjoy the cheap water now and sabotage the future? Or pay for the expensive one today to save the future?

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by pansophist(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2022
seguno2:

Is your overwhelming support for the Kremlin bully not making you tell needless lies

I'm glad my matter de pepper you. If the truth will kill them, let them die. Fact before feelings cool

I know your type. You're insular, more western than westerners themselves, speak only one international language (English), have no international friends, got your news from western sources, spoon-fed to hate one and love the other with no objective reasons, haven't been to any of these countries you dislike (eg Russia and China, I've been to both), and can't think for yourself because you have few resources and experience to widen your horizon.

Probably have phonetics and American accent even if you haven't seen a plane face to place, dream of wearing big jacket in the winter and breathing smoke like a dragon, and that's good life for you. In all intent and purposes, a pure, organic simpleton, that hates himself and will rather be a white man. Haven't done anything reasonable with your life but stay online and be a nuisance with people that have seen, done and experience life more than you.

It comes as no surprise why you just attack anytime I speak positively about these countries. Surprisingly, these countries haven't done a single thing to make your life miserable. But the US you so love is killing naira for example with their Bretton woods systems, and your naira becoming useless everyday, but somehow you still love and support blindly.

If not for China for example, most of the third world won't be able to afford expensive iPhone, compare to Tekno, cheap loans, but no, you'll rather hate one, for no objective reasons. Instead of following me like a fly, why not just do your thing? It's a free world. Post about how you love your masters, since you'll rather be a slave than a free man. In the US, they call your type "house negro ", a cheap man that with a plate of amala and gbegiri, you'll sell your whole lineage.

Rubbish. grin

17 Likes

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Myahuza: 10:38am On Jun 16, 2022
How Hippocratical of the EU. What they have being condemning Russia of Israel have being doing worst to the palastinians with out them saying any thing against Israel except rewarding them with funding and resources to keep doing what they have being doing and continue to do for decades.
SHAME ON THE YOU ALL

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Inosky: 10:49am On Jun 16, 2022
That's a continent that works and thinks ahead of others even in bad situations. I praise EU leaders for finding urgent solutions for their masses rather than keep complaining, dragging their feets and stealing public funds like Nigerians leaders.

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Minjim: 11:38am On Jun 16, 2022
ben1daEbiri:

Russia made more profit in the past 100days from the sale of oil/gas than ever before. Make of that what you will!

Russia is desperately selling cheap.
I have a nephew studying in Russia and he's always lamenting the inflation since the war in Ukraine began

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by ben1daEbiri(m): 11:48am On Jun 16, 2022
Minjim:

Russia is desperately selling cheap.
I have a nephew studying in Russia and he's always lamenting the inflation since the war in Ukraine began

Of course everyone agrees there's inflation but there's money to keep the economy afloat. Please don't see it as the hell we have here in Nigeria. The inflation there is better managed than here in Nigeria.
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by seguno2: 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2022
pansophist:
I'm glad my matter de pepper you. If the truth will kill them, let them die. Fact before feelings cool

I know your type. You're insular, more western than westerners themselves, speak only one international language (English), have no international friends, got your news from western sources, spoon-fed to hate one and love the other with no objective reasons, haven't been to any of these countries you dislike (eg Russia and China, I've been to both), and can't think for yourself because you have few resources and experience to widen your horizon.

It comes as no surprise why you just attack anytime I speak positively about these countries. Surprisingly, these countries haven't done a single thing to make your life miserable. But the US you so love is killing naira for example with their Bretton woods systems, and your naira becoming useless everyday, but somehow you still love and support blindly.

If not for China for example, most of the third world won't be able to afford expensive iPhone, compare to Tekno, cheap loans, but no, you'll rather hate one, for no objective reasons. Instead of following me like a fly, why not just do your thing? It's a free world. Post about how you love your masters, since you'll rather be a slave than a free man. In the US, they call your type "house negro ", a cheap man that with a plate of amala and gbegiri, you'll sell your whole lineage.

Rubbish. grin

I was hoping to see how Africans have worked our own way to relevance, as the Chinese and Koreans did with help from the US, Russia and Japan.
Please why did you leave out the most interesting part of your story? Why please

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Gospel2Day: 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
seunny4lif:
Meaning Russia should never return those land back to Ukraine, if that’s the logic here grin

You didn't get my point. Russia is the invader/aggressor.
Ukraine did not start the war. Russia did.
It was Arab nations that invaded Israel - Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Jordan... Their stated plan was to push Israel into the Mediterranean Sea. They were so sure of victory that they told Palestinians to temporarily relocate so they could return after defeating and destroying Israel
God thwarted their evil plan against His Chosen People. Israel won resoundingly.
Israeli army were on their way to capture Cairo, Egypt's capital and Damascus, Syrian capital when world superpowers prevailed on Israel to stop their advance and end the war.
So those who lost Golan Heights and West Bank know that they cannot get them back forever no more.
Shalom.

Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by YangaBabe: 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
ben1daEbiri:

You get! Why would I leave my customer whom I buy things from in the cheap because he has issues with someone else and then asking me to buy elsewhere that's ×3 more expensive? Ukraine should rather negotiate with Russia to stop thus avoidable war because at some point even the US will be tires from funding them.
facts
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
abbey621:

So what? It was over $4 in 2008 as well and that had nothing to do with sanctions. U.S is a fluid country, what you lose now will sooner or later be reimbursed. In fact, if you play your cards right, you're getting that back at tax time and more.

You didn’t explain how USA is a fluid country?
What will be reimbursed? You mean taxes? Then you must really be at the bottom of the food chain..

And more what?

Go pick up an economics text book to read before you quote me.

There is inflation in the USA due to the unregulated printing of dollars which is a fiat currency backed by nothing which has been happening during the pandemic of 2020, then the illegal sanctions against an oil power nation(russia) has made it worse.

The gas prices in the Washington DC when I visited in January was already over 3$ And now it’s over 5$.

Don’t just come here to comment if you know nothing about micro and macro economics.
Re: EU Signs Gas Deal With Israel, Egypt In Bid To Ditch Russia ( Pics) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2022
gambojimeta:

Are you an ilegal immigrant in the west?

Why don't you move to Russia instead of lamenting about how much you buy gas. You won't have to worry about gas prices in russia. Gas is cheap in Russia.

Like 50 million Nigeria's would be ready to take your place in the West instead of you slaving/zombie-ing away there.

MODIFIED: what da fuk. You are in South Africa. Since when did south Africa start spending dollars. You are another imposter like shogsbaby or whatever da dude calls himself.

You must really be out of your senses quoting me from a shit hole, I live in South Africa and a South African resident who has travelled around the world.

If you step out of your shithole, you will understand how important the dollar is all over the world.

Don’t just come here to comment what you are ignorant of, I believe this is an educative forum where we all differ in ideas and knowledge.

Just focus on you APC and PDP local news or go watch some cartoon..

The topic is too complex for you or better still look for a way to upgrade yourself academically.

Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online / Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel / Gunfire And Explosions At Moscow Concert Hall In Russia

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102