Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? (14425 Views)

Can Obidient Nigerians In Lagos Vote In 2023 With MC Oluomo In Charge? / Ondo PDP Vows To Surprise Tinubu On October 10 / Nigerians Surprise: Obasanjo Name Is Missing In Buhari Railway Naming(pix,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by bennybuhari: 7:05am On Jun 16, 2022
Support for former Anambra State governor, Peter Obi, has grown in leaps and bounds since he defected to the Labour Party (LP), under whose platform he intends to contest the 2023 presidential election. TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI reports:

Since the 2015, the presidential election has always been a two-horse race between the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the major opposition party, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Several attempts by well-meaning Nigerians to form a ‘Third Force’ political movement that can wrest power from these two never yielded any positive result.

Even former President Olusegun Obasanjo tried to dislodge the APC and PDP through a Third Force movement in the 2019 general elections but failed. In 2018, Obasanjo, gauging the mood of the nation called for the establishment of a third force, which he called the ‘Coalition for Nigeria’. This coalition, he believed, would wrest power from the two main political parties.

In his controversial ‘special statement’, titled ‘The Way Out: A Clarion Call For Coalition For Nigeria Movement,” he dismissed the ability of both the APC and the PDP, under which he became president and ruled for eight years, to change the fortunes of the country for the better. He also said President Muhammadu Buhari has failed Nigerians and urged him to honourably “dismount from the horse. The coalition soon collapsed before the 2019 presidential election and Buhari was elected for another term.

Following the #EndSARS movement that shook the foundations of Nigeria in 2020, some Nigerian youths frustrated with developments in the country decided to ‘jakpa’ the local parlance for fleeing the country in search of greener pastures. However, many others who are desirous of a new change vowed to take their destinies in their hands by voting out the current establishment and enthroning a new government which is youth-friendly, masses-oriented and passionate about restoring the country to its good old days.

When it appears that all hope has been lost and the two political parties will have the last laugh as usual, former Anambra state governor, Peter Obi rekindled the hope of the youths and other patriotic Nigerians when he announced his resignation from the PDP and joined the Labour Party (PDP). Obi, who had earlier picked the PDP Expression of Interest and Nomination forms was planning to run on joint ticket with Atiku Abubakar just like they did in 2019 but that was vehemently resisted by PDP governors who demanded that Atiku must pick one of them as running mate if he clinches the ticket.

Obi’s entrance into the race elicited joy and acclaim from many youths who are already began a nationwide mass movement for his presidential ambition. His loyalists who described him as the authentic ‘Third Force’ said they are declaring support for him as the man with the track record to turn around the fortunes of Nigeria. These youths who tagged themselves as ‘Obidient Nigerians’ have vowed to use the power of their votes to enthrone him as president in 2023. To achieve this, they have been creating mass awareness calling on Nigerians to go get their Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) so that they can exercise their civic rights in the 2023 presidential election. Many of them have replaced their social media photographs with that of Obi and the Labour Party logo.

With the knowledge that winning a presidential election is a huge capital-intensive project that can only be achieved with the support of moneybags, many ‘Obidient’ youths are already mobilising finances for Obi just like they did during the #EndSARS protest. Also, many students who have been left idle at home due to the lingering strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) have also offered themselves as volunteers for Obi’s presidential aspirations.

Already, several Nigerian celebrities such as twin singing sensation, Peter and Paul Okoye (Psquare), actor Chidi Mokeme and comedian Okey Bakassi have endorsed Peter Obi, while some have also offered to put up free shows for him in order to mobilise Nigerians to get their PVCs.

Few days ago, Peter Peter tackled Ovation Magazine publisher and Presidential aspirant of the PDP, Dele Momodu over claims that Obi cannot win the 2023 presidency with Labour Party.

Momodu, who appeared on a current affairs programme ‘Your View’ on TVC, had said Obi could not win the 2023 presidency in a local fringed party like Labour.

When asked if Obi would pull the type of votes Trump did in the US, which nobody thought existed or get many youths to vote for him in the general election, Momodu said it’s impossible. According to him, the first thing Obi would face is to fund the party because the party is not financially buoyant, and Nigerians do not make contributions.

He said, “For me, the two of the best in the PDP were myself and Peter Obi, and he had absconded. I was in Labour; I started my journey from Labour; the first thing Obi will face in Labour is to fund the party because the party does not have money, and Nigerians don’t make contributions.

“After I lost the first ten million, I started shaking because they said they were setting up a structure. You cannot win a presidential election from a fringed local party like Labour. Peter Obi has money, unlike me, but can he spend his hard-earned money on fighting Atiku and Tinubu if he emerges the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Party? He can’t.”

However, in his response to Momodu’s claim, Peter, in a series of tweets on Twitter, said that Obi might not have money and structure, but he has the youths and masses behind him, adding that masses will control the election’s outcome.

He tweeted: “With all due respect Sir, Mr Dele Momodu! Yes, Peter Obi might not have the money and structure! But he has the Youths, The Masses and The People now! The truth is that we, the people, are the structure. We are many, and we are powerful. We are Obi-don’t; we cannot be distracted.

You people don’t understand the hardship and abject poverty that will hit us if Peter Obi doesn’t win. It’s not about the North or South here; it’s about who will save us. The country is crumbling in all sectors, people are dying unnecessarily, and all this rubbish must stop. They intentionally create hardship for the people so that they can easily buy people over to support them in a time like this! Are you people not tired of suffering? Is Nigeria today satisfactory for you? Don’t fall for these same mind games again.

“Please, one more thing, Sir, Mr Dele Momodu, with all the money and structure that other political parties have, where has it taken Nigeria to? We need Pure Change! And Peter Obi is that change! And now a Threat to all of them all! Sorosoke.”

Also, declaring support for Obi to become Nigeria’s next president, human rights activist and co-convener of #BringBackOurGirls, Aisha Yesufu on Twitter, said that the country does need an emperor but a President, therefore, urging Nigerian people to not forfeit their rights to vote by desperation.

Yesufu tweeted: “We need a President and not an emperor and the only person that is going to be “OBEDIENT” or “OBIDIENT” is Peter Obi! Desperation must not make you forfeit your rights! The #OfficeOfTheCitizen remains the highest office in the land!”

Even in the northern part of the country, the support for Obi is gathering momentum each day especially among the youths.

In a recent BBC Pidgin interview, Peter Obi asserted that his structure was the millions of Nigerians who live in poverty.

“Whenever I hear of NO STRUCTURE, my ansa dey simple; di 100 million Nigerians wey dey live in poverty go be di structure….”
https://independent.ng/can-obidient-nigerians-effect-democratic-power-change-in-2023/

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by LordIsaac(m): 7:06am On Jun 16, 2022
What now happens if he ascends the throne, and declares as Buhari declared, that "Obidience begins with you?" See....only God can change Nigeria!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by joe54: 7:14am On Jun 16, 2022
grin
Anything is possible. The outcome lies in the hands of the Nigerian youths and civil rights movement.
Rather than pushing Obi's campaign online go to the grassroots and
EACH ONE MUST BRING ONE INTO THE FOLD OF OBIDIENT NIGERIANS.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by hisexcellency34: 7:16am On Jun 16, 2022
O ye of little faith!
LordIsaac:
What now happens if he ascends the throne, and declares as Buhari declared, that "Obidience begins with you?" See....only God can change Nigeria!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by LordIsaac(m): 7:29am On Jun 16, 2022
hisexcellency34:
O ye of little faith!
I wish you can comprehend the enormity of Nigeria's quagmire! You would see that it would be silly for anyone to think that one man can solve it using this 1999 Constitution and through a democratic means. Well, you will get wiser after his first tenure, if he wins.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Parachoko: 7:31am On Jun 16, 2022
Peter Obi won't get up to 5% of the votes.

186 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Frigga13: 7:33am On Jun 16, 2022
The lie in the article is that northern Nigeria youths are behind Obi

That’s the National lie

Except for southern kaduna youths and maybe Jos .. no massive youths anywhere in the North supporting Obi.

Anyone in the North can verify and take pictures

This election is more like everyone is supporting their own

Obi to the east
Tinubu west
Atiku is wining North/south

If OBi wants to make a statement, for 2027..65% of his campaign should be in the North

If Na by social media and online noise

He has lost before the election

And for those believing the new one electoral act .. be ready to go to Court

This is nigeria

Now for those shouting Nigerian YOUTHS

Who are the Nigerian youths ?

Ebira youths, abi gbagi , Nupe or kanuri youths ?

As for now Na igbo youths

Prove me long with any other youths off line making massive noise about Obi

Obi even going to campaign in churches is it a plus to him?

This is not anambra that he used Catholic Church against Protestant churches and still abuse northerners on top

If Atiku or Tinubu only campaign in mosques .. how will Christians view them.. Na Islamization of Nigeria

Politcally igbos don’t understand Nigeria politics

The see it as we vs them.. and they need “ them “ but still abuse and curse them.. how many northerners have you seen abusing igbos on nairaland like igbos do Sellimg Obi.

2023 go be live cruise
God go keep us all alive ..

Power to the people
North 2023

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Frigga13: 7:36am On Jun 16, 2022
LordIsaac:

I wish you can comprehend the enormity of Nigeria's quagmire! You would see that it would be silly for anyone to think that one man can solve it using this 1999 Constitution and through a democratic means. Well, you will get wiser after his first tenure, if he wins.

Obi wont get it ..
So no first time and I wish him so.. because he will be the worst president in Nigeria history

Nigeria need to first restructure before the likes of Obi can perform .. or any serious human can perform credible as President

Power to the people

North 2023

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Elmojiid(m): 7:51am On Jun 16, 2022
Northern /almajiri are disobedient

4 Likes

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:53am On Jun 16, 2022
Peter Obi can’t defeat APC or PDP currently. The only possibility is an alignment with Kwankwaso and massive campaigns together.

Anybody who believes Peter Obi will win is definitely a baby. Forget the online noise.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by nairavsdollars(f): 7:55am On Jun 16, 2022
Read well. The author didn't say all northern youths are supporting Obi. It said gathering momentum.

Frigga13:
The lie in the article is that northern Nigeria youths are behind Obi

That’s the National lie

Except for southern kaduna youths and maybe Jos .. no massive youths anywhere in the North supporting Obi.

Anyone in the North can verify and take pictures

This election is more like everyone is supporting their own

Obi to the east
Tinubu west
Atiku is wining North/south

If OBi wants to make a statement, for 2027..65% of his campaign should be in the North

Even Na by social media and online noise

He has lost before the election

And for those believing the new one electoral act .. be ready to go to Court

This is nigeria

Now for those shouting Nigerian YOUTHS

Who are the Nigerian youths ?

Ebira youths, abi gbagi , Nupe or kanuri youths ?

As for now Na igbo youths

Prove me long with any other youths off line making massive noise about Obi

Obi even going to campaign in churches is it a plus to him?

This is not anambra that he used Catholic Church against Protestant churches and still abuse northerners on top

If Atiku or Tinubu only campaign in mosques .. how will Christians view them.. Na Islamization of Nigeria

Politcally igbos don’t understand Nigeria politics

The see it as we vs them.. and they need “ them “ but still abuse and curse them.. how many northerners have you seen abusing igbos on nairaland like igbos do Sellimg Obi.

2023 go be live cruise
God go keep us all alive ..

Power to the people
North 2023

11 Likes

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Frigga13: 7:59am On Jun 16, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Read well. The author didn't say all northern youths are supporting Obi. It said gathering momentum.

And I’ve told you states that the momentum is gathering

Or you have pictures to show?

OBi is not known in core north .. not even kogi Benue or kaduna .. he won’t win any state in the North .. east west central.. and won’t win in the west..
Talk more of south

Then who are the youths ?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by nairavsdollars(f): 8:01am On Jun 16, 2022
Let's wait and see. Anything can happen
Frigga13:

And I’ve told you states that the momentum is gathering

Or you have pictures to show?

OBi is not known in core north .. not even kogi Benue or kaduna .. he won’t win any state in the North .. east west central.. and won’t win in the west..
Talk more of south

Then who are the youths ?

1 Like

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Frigga13: 8:05am On Jun 16, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Let's wait and see. Anything can happen

Miracle don’t happen in Nigeria politics

Except for the miracle of Gej.. and it doesn’t come all times

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by LordIsaac(m): 8:55am On Jun 16, 2022
Frigga13:

Obi wont get it ..
So no first time and I wish him so.. because he will be the worst president in Nigeria history

Nigeria need to first restructure before the likes of Obi can perform .. or any serious human can perform credible as President

Power to the people

North 2023
Atiku was one of the monumental disasters of Nigeria's history. I'd rather have Obi there than him. His presence near the corridors of power would further impoverish the North, strengthen Fulani hegemony and mortgage our collective sensibility.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Frigga13: 9:03am On Jun 16, 2022
LordIsaac:

Atiku was one of the monumental disasters of Nigeria's history. I'd rather have Obi there than him. His presence near the corridors of power would further impoverish the North, strengthen Fulani hegemony and mortgage our collective sensibility.

I’m not talking dreams .. I love dealing with reality..
We all want a better Nigeria .. instead of the youths to organize themselves and eco restructuring loud .. disturb the government and make it hot till the call sovereign national conference .. they same youth Dey follow politicians and hype them .. when the foundation is bad .. and same politicians will fail cos of the system

Better I stay with the system .. and believe the reality of the system than to deceive my self hoping in vain

Power to the people
North 2023

It is what is it .

9 Likes

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by donjazet(m): 9:07am On Jun 16, 2022
We can only hope! Nigerians are tired! We are tired of the evil duopoly of APC/PDP.
Obi has a lot of untapped fresh frustrated Nigerians to tap into and you better believe this movement is bigger than him.

Obi is not running for his sake, Nigerians are running through him.

Obidients, don't fall for any demoralizing tactics used by the tinubu and Atiku campaign groups. Know that Obidients numbers are increasing monumentally everyday.

Just keep spreading the word to people around you and convince them to get their PVCs.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by LordIsaac(m): 9:08am On Jun 16, 2022
Frigga13:

I’m not talking dreams .. I love dealing with reality..
We all want a better Nigeria .. instead of the youths to organize themselves and eco restructuring loud .. disturb the government and make it hot till the call sovereign national conference .. they same youth Dey follow politicians and hype them .. when the foundation is bad .. and same politicians will fail cos of the system

Better I stay with the system .. and believe the reality of the system than to deceive my self hoping in vain

Power to the people
North 2023

It is what is it .
Of course, even in reality, Atiku should not be that reality.

4 Likes

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by JosephXavier: 9:08am On Jun 16, 2022
As far as I am concerned, the only thing Peter Obi needs is to penetrate the North West where the majority of the northern votes lie

He should get a VP from the north that can get a huge percentage of votes from states like Kaduna, Kano Zamfara and Katsina

Hé already have SE, SS NC and will get a huge vote from SW

I suggest he team up with Kwankwaso and he'll retire APC/PDP

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by ERCROSS(m): 9:08am On Jun 16, 2022
It always seem impossible until it is done. History will be made in 2023. A new Nigeria will be born

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Truthisunique2: 9:08am On Jun 16, 2022
All na noise

Dem go snap 10 people in one state or local government meeting and be shouting Peter obi

Obi is good but this is politics, there is a reason he left PDP because real politics happened

Na so he be for real ground, the deplorables, almajiris, illiterate are more than those who think with sanity, and they do so with religion, ethnicity and financial inducement

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Zico5(m): 9:08am On Jun 16, 2022
They are just making noise up and down. Nothing big will come out of this. Obi will continue to win online while real politics will be going on in reality. Let them keep on deceiving themselves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Holyness123: 9:08am On Jun 16, 2022
ok
Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by annyplenty(m): 9:08am On Jun 16, 2022
Not only surprise them, they will be shocked by the grace of God.
Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by soberdrunk(m): 9:08am On Jun 16, 2022
angry
Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by sukkot: 9:08am On Jun 16, 2022
Sure why not . Nothing is impossible. Highly unlikely though seeing as he went to the land of Egypt, the house of bondage. He has put his aspirations in bondage
Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 16, 2022
Is that not why we are here?...
Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Africana1123(m): 9:09am On Jun 16, 2022
Yes grin nairaland and Twitter president

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Zelenskyy(m): 9:09am On Jun 16, 2022
Yes...

If the Obified Nigerians with PVC come out in their numbers and vote.
Re: Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? by Dailymice: 9:09am On Jun 16, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The History Of Fuel Price Increase In Nigeria / Osun, Ogun And Oyo States Joins Lagos To Declare 12 June Public Holiday / Chief Festus Sam Okotie-eboh: Nigeria`s Most Flamboyant Politician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.