Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,456 members, 7,850,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate (1279 Views)

Afegbua To Daniel Bwala: I Am Not One Of Those Atiku Can Threaten / Melaye, Bwala: Disquiet In PDP Over Atiku’s Choice Of Campaign Spokespersons / Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Lurdmax10: 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2022
PDP chieftain to resign over Atiku’s choice of Okowa as running mate

The PDP official says Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike deserves the nomination more than Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.

A former commissioner for Information in Edo State, Kassim Afegbua, has given notice that he would be leaving the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over the choice of Delta Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, as the party’s vice presidential candidate.

The PDP presidential candidate on Thursday afternoon presented Mr Okowa as his running mate in the February 25, 2023 presidential election.

But Mr Afegbua, who was also a former spokesperson to former military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida, said Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike, deserves the nomination ahead of Mr Okowa.

Mr Wike came second in the PDP presidential primary on May 29 in an election in which Mr Okowa led his state’s delegates to vote for Atiku.

However, Mr Afegbua described Atiku’s choice of the Delta State governor as a reward for treachery, noting that Mr Okowa had hosted the meeting of the Southern Governors’ Forum in Asaba last year where the governors demanded that the next Nigerian president should be produced by the southern region.

Mr Afegbua spoke Thursday afternoon during a popular Arise News show, The Arise Interview.

In protest at the alleged betrayal of the declaration by Mr Okowa in supporting Atiku at the primary and in accepting to be his running mate, Mr Afegbua said he would stand aside from the PDP and support the candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, in the presidential election.

Mr Afegbua stressed that he would not be joining the APC but would only be campaigning for its standard bearer.

The outspoken former commissioner had also rebelled against the PDP in 2020 for handing Governor Godwin Obaseki its ticket for reelection after the governor was disqualified from the APC governorship primary for alleged forgery of an academic certificate.

Mr Obaseki went ahead to win the election on the PDP ticket as the party suspended Mr Afegbua for alleged anti-party activities.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/537374-pdp-chieftain-to-resign-over-atikus-choice-of-okowa-as-running-mate.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by alsudan: 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
Atiku wanted an Okowa who won’t blink an eyelid as Atiku continue with the Fulani domination and Jihad as against a Wike who would have rocked the boat.

Delta State is fully OBIdient

Same Okowa hosted all Southern Governors, where they all insisted the next President must come from the South, but was first to betray the South for a useless VP position,

1 Share

Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by yinkus6750(m): 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
The Presidential candidate has made his choice of his VP
Whoever feels betrayed or uncomfortable with his decision is free to leave.
More to follow ?
Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Runaway: 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
See who is talking...
Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Golan007: 7:28pm On Jun 16, 2022
Very good.
Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Tinubufit: 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
grin catastrophe for pdp.omo agege will break pdp in delta.

1 Like

Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Joezinho: 7:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
Who is this one? cheesy

When we talk about horned animals, snails are definitely not in the reckoning...

Okowa is a very greedy, conniving, vindictive betrayer. Dude has been a very poor performer. An Udom candidacy would have shaken the APC. As things stand, it will be a walk in the park for Tinubu...

1 Like

Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Dreal1247: 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2022
PDP is already a sinking ship.

1 Like

Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by velocity25(m): 7:32pm On Jun 16, 2022
grin grin OBI-dient ship is ready to carry all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Gunayo(m): 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
yinkus6750:
The Presidential candidate has made his choice of his VP
Whoever feels betrayed or uncomfortable with his decision is free to leave.
More to follow ?
Free to leave you say? Anyway, you are not Atiku so you can run your mouth the way you like. Even Atiku needs Wike and his supporters to win this election. Mark my word, with the choice of Okowa, Tinubu is the need president of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Maxymilliano(m): 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
Kassim wahala is becoming too much, his resignation will come as a relief to PDP.

Dude has no electoral value and has practically turned himself into an antagonist.

Always against any decision taking by the party
Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Danwakae(m): 7:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tinubufit:

So Delta state is what u pple r hoping for in the southsouth ? ,that mean it Seems I over rating Baba Tinubu ....Omo Agege that was voted in by PDP Delta central and he pay back by all his appointments , causing serious problem in delta APC ...if not for Great Ogboru and Ibori influence who is Agege ?... you have hopeless hope.

AtiKowa 2023 ..Mai Nasara... NorthEast or Nothing
Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by SarkinYarki: 7:39pm On Jun 16, 2022
Many of us might not Vote PDP over this Okowa issue...If Atiku doesn't resolve this then power should come to the south

1 Like

Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Tinubufit: 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2022
Please shift to one side .I hate Atiku supporters regardless of anything. I can swear it right now you don't have light in your house. Atiku is going nowhere except God is not in the throne.

The result he got in 2019 presidential election will be best performance of his political career.
Danwakae:

So Delta state is what u pple r hoping for in the southsouth ? ,that mean it Seems I over rating Baba Tinubu ....Omo Agege that was voted in by PDP Delta central and he pay back by all his appointments , causing serious problem in delta APC ...if not for Great Ogboru and Ibori influence who is Agege ?... you have hopeless hope.

AtiKowa 2023 ..Mai Nasara... NorthEast or Nothing

1 Like

Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Honor10: 7:45pm On Jun 16, 2022
Atiku shot himself on foot picking okowa.

Okowa will not add anything to Atiku,wike would have use strong-head to gather more votes for Atiku.

Obi has taken his SE block votes, now I am sure wike will sabotage him in rivers which has the highest voters in the SS to prove a point.

Atiku is done for.

All this to the favor of Asiwaju, the incoming president.
Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Pakute: 7:48pm On Jun 16, 2022
He is BATified.

Na dem dey rush Jagaban

1 Like

Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Isokiscool(m): 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tinubufit:
On Agege abi Agege bread is already a looser,so calm down
Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Pakute: 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2022
Honor10:
Atiku shot himself on foot picking okowa.

Okowa will not add anything to Atiku,wike would have use strong-head to gather more votes for Atiku.

Obi has taken his SE block votes, now I am sure wike will sabotage him in rivers which has the highest voters in the SS to prove a point.

Atiku is done for.

All this to the favor of Asiwaju, the incoming president.
Wike will not spend one Kobo for PDP. He will destroy the party from within.

1 Like

Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Danwakae(m): 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tinubufit:
Please shift to one side .I hate Atiku supporters regardless of anything. I can swear it right now you don't have light in your house. Atiku is going nowhere except God is not in the throne.

The result he got in 2019 presidential election will be best performance of his political career.

So you think we the Northeast that have never rule this country will support Baba Tinubu who have govern as President and VP via OBJ and StarBoy PYO ?, NE, SS, NC, and most of NW is sealed, you people will learn Political reality (PRT 111) ... Highest u can decieds to joined Biafra ..we already have the SS...
Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Isokiscool(m): 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tinubufit:

So God is on d throne for ur Tinubu abi??Alaye use ur brain
Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Isokiscool(m): 7:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
Kassim Afegbua has always been an APC member fooling himself as a mole in PDP.Before I forget he lost his polling unit during d last election in Edo state
Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Tinubufit: 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
People like you always make me to attack innocent igbo from southeast nobody forced you to support Tinubu or whatever but why hidden under innocent people from north east that majority of them don't know what they called Nairaland?

A bloody coward you be vote peter obi at least its not a bad decision me too will rather vote peter obi than voting Atiku.
Danwakae:

So you think we the Northeast that have never rule this country will support Baba Tinubu who have govern as President and VP via OBJ and StarBoy PYO ?, NE, SS, NC, and most of NW is sealed, you people will learn Political reality (PRT 111) ... Highest u can decieds to joined Biafra ..we already have the SS...
Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Jostoman: 8:05pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tinubufit:
or omo Oshodi grin
Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Jostoman: 8:07pm On Jun 16, 2022
Gunayo:
Free to leave you say? Anyway, you are not Atiku so you can run your mouth the way you like. Even Atiku needs Wike and his supporters to win this election. Mark my word, with the choice of Okowa, Tinubu is the need president of Nigeria.
grin cheesy grin cheesy shocked
Re: Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate by Mynd44: 5:40am On Jun 17, 2022

(1)

CAN Officially Moves Against Tinubu,Avoid Candidates With Drugs, Boko Haram Link / Police Inspector Resigns Over Unlawful Treatment Of Nnamdi Kanu (photos) / 'One Million March' For Peter Obi In Ogun (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.