Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,562 members, 7,861,657 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:21 PM

Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral (945 Views)

Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps As He Visits Scene Of Owo Bandit Attack (Photos) / I Have Failed My People - Governor Aminu Masari / Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s Daughter's Wedding: Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by Easyvibez(m): 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2022
Governor Rotimi Akeredolu at the funeral mass.

… no, you didn’t fail; FG has blood on its hands — Bishop Arogundade

Tears flowed freely at the funeral mass for the victims murdered by terrorists at the Saint Francis Catholic Church, Owaluwa, Owo, Ondo State.

Watch Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MauO0_juxMo

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, who was with his wife, Betty Anyanwu, wept during his speech, saying they had failed to protect the victims of the terror attack.

He said that the forces on the other side are evil, assuring that they will not triumph forever.

Bandits kill over 25 worshippers in Ondo Church

His words: “We have failed to defend these people. Not because we have not tried, but because these forces on the other side are evil and they have supports.

“They will not triumph over us forever.”

The governor noted that something must be done in the country, adding that the security architecture of the nation needs rejigging.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPPrWQftrmA

“When I see the sea of heads that are here; it speaks volumes. What has happened to us in Owo in Ondo state is indescribable.

“A lot of words are used to qualify it: dastardly, horrendous. But I still believe there are words to use to describe it, but I am still short of those words.

“We have just 22 (deceased) in this hall. A few of them have been buried because the relatives couldn’t wait till today. But as at the last count, these animals came to the church and murdered 40 people.”

However, in a swift response, the Bishop of Ondo Catholic Diocese, Dr. Jude Arogundade, declared that Governor Akeredolu had not failed in protecting his people.

Bishop Arogundade said: “You didn’t fail. You are a strong soldier. Your determination to protect those who voted you into power is unquestionable. This was done by cowards. You have tried your best.

He said he spoke to legislators and they made him realize that genocide is ongoing in Nigeria.

He added: “If this is not genocide, I don’t know what genocide is. I know they have promised us they will find the killers, all these are flimsy promises.

“What is this? Why do people have no shame? This country, you don’t have shame any more.

“They just talk but do not match talks with work. So, my brothers and sisters, you didn’t fail, your country failed you, and we know the leaders that failed us and we will continue to hold them accountable. This will not go away,” he said

He wondered why Nigerians need to beg for state police, despite the endless attack and killings.

The clergyman thanked the Governor for accepting to designate a memorial park in honour of the victims, stressing that those who created the situation that made the incident happened has bloods on their hands.

Recall that at least 40 people, including children were killed on Sunday, June 5 by yet to be identified gunmen during a mass service at the  St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo.

The incident left about 80 others sustained different degrees of injuries during the attack.

Meanwhile, the venue was filled to the brim as families of the victims, people of Owo, and other sympathisers thronged the venue of the funeral mass.

Dignitaries at the funeral mass included: former Governor of Ondo State, Dr Olusegun Mimiko; Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Engr. Ade Adetimehin; and Chieftain of the APC, Chief Olusola Oke.

The local government chairmen were also led by the chairman, Association of Local Government of Nigeria (ALCON) Ondo State chapter, Augustine Oloruntogbe.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/owo-attack-ive-failed-my-people-akeredolu-weeps-at-funeral/amp/

Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by God1000(m): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2022
Sometimes It's good to admit your failures and be remorseful, then make things better

2 Likes

Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by SmartPolician: 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in perfect peace, amen.
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by Fahdiga(m): 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
Rip to the lost souls. Both you and Buhari are bunch of failures. Peter Obi will right the wrong
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by yahoosurepass(m): 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
Crocodile tears...
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by Mickykarim: 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
yahoosurepass:
Crocodile tears...

YOU ARE FOOL WHO IS LESSER THAN HUMAN.

The INHUMANITY you displayed and manifest will catch up with you.

1 Like

Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by delzbaba(m): 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
Those murderers will never know peace in this life and the next.
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
This is touching

Rip to the fallen heroes
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by Tinubufit: 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
Sad .
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by infini771: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2022
Keep fighting victory is assured.
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by FirstSon01: 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
You failed them even before then.

See how FMC looked.
You're still owing workers salaries.

Useless mumu.
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by Mickykarim: 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
IT TAKES A REAL MAN WITH SENSE OF RESPONSIBLITY TO ADMIT FAILNGS NEITHER OF HIS MAKING, NOR COULD BE AVOIDED AND HELPED.

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has shown LEADERSHIP HUMANITY and COMPASSION. All that makes and attract cum encourage GOODNESS from all homos sapiens.

MAY THE GOOD LORD ACCEPT THE SOULS OF THE DEPARTED INTO HIS BOSSOM FOR COMFORT AND CONSOLE ENOUGH THE FAMILIES OF THE VICTIMS AS WELL AS THE GOVERNMENT AND PEOPLE OF ONDO STATE.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2022
It’s pathetic and sad.
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by Tulsaguy: 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2022
yahoosurepass:
Crocodile tears...

You see what i use to say. Men when you are not ready to give birth to a child you can train, use condom. Don't give birth to social misfits and nincompoops. Oro buruku nigboro enu. omo ale jatijati

N50 condom could have prevented this but it happened. see the result.

RIP to the dead!

Ogbeni, you have not failed. we are watching all that's happening. We know your stand on security. We win together.
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by Mickykarim: 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
It’s pathetic and sad.

My brother, it is a sad story in the state of Ondo and for us all.

My God rest their souls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by Segzy22: 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2022
Fahdiga:
Rip to the lost souls. Both you and Buhari are bunch of failures. Peter Obi will right the wrong
Werey we are talking about people lives here you are promoting a pandora man a laya.
North will not vote for him south west will not vote for him so why are you people wasting your time?

Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by tillaman(m): 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
Yes you did breh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by sirjoggy(m): 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2022
So pathetic
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by temitope27(m): 3:38pm On Jun 17, 2022
Mickykarim:

YOU ARE FOOL WHO IS LESSER THAN HUMAN.

The INHUMANITY you displayed and manifest will catch up with you.
that guy is right, akeredolu has kill more people by not paying salaries
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by Mickykarim: 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2022
temitope27:
that guy is right, akeredolu has kill more people by not paying salaries

Your INHUMANITY grows out of bounds and may lead you there. Pray for your soul.
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by temitope27(m): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2022
Mickykarim:

Your INHUMANITY grows out of bounds and may lead you there. Pray for your soul.
what is humanity? U re just an hypocrite, if u care maybe u can come and donate for life savings to the victims.

Maybe u don't even know am from there
Re: Owo Attack: I’ve Failed My People, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral by Fahdiga(m): 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
Segzy22:
Werey we are talking about people lives here you are promoting a pandora man a laya.
North will not vote for him south west will not vote for him so why are you people wasting your time?
Shatap

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Village With One Of The Most Beautiful Landscape / Why Is Tribalism And Hatred On Nairaland Reduced? / Arise Tv Host,Rufai Oseni Tackles Tinubu, says Release health record let us see

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.