Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,969 members, 7,852,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:03 PM

Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP (1583 Views)

Chibuike Onyeukwu: Ihedioha Did Not Dump Christian Faith / Plan To Dump PDP: Deji Adeyanju Exposes Fayose, To Expose Others(Video) / Fayose's Statement On His Threat To Dump PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by EsomahJD: 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
Don't listen to fairytales and people trying to guilt trip you .

Always stay where you have greater stake.

Don't let them box you all into one party and turn around to term it Ibo party.(learn from the past)

Use critical thinking in making political decisions in Nigeria and jetison Emotions.

When you see strong tribal bigots and people with questionable characters supporting your candidate, be weary of inward destruction.

Showing so much Emotions can be dangerous, and it's their greatest weapon against you.

Learn how not to show your full card with grip hold in Nigeria politics , you will almost certainly get hurt with this strategy in Nigeria politics.

If you fail to give PDP a substantial number of votes in Se, in the next four years people will remind you on how you waisted your vote, hence you have no bargaining powers.

From a concerned person cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by nellyelitz(m): 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2022
A word is enough!
Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by FirstSon01: 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
Will they hear

They will vote Obi, then Atiku will loose block votes and states.

Tinubu wins.

Igbos continue to suffer.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by EsomahJD: 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2022
nellyelitz:
A word is enough!
I do hope they will listen.
Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by MajohBankz: 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2022
Okay, are you paying allegiance to a working party or working country?

One thing certain is, Nigerians pay more attention to party membership than the politicians themselves.

Politicians jump ship at anytime but it doesn't bother us, we just have to remain loyal to the party.

At this time, we are loyal to candidacy not party.

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by EsomahJD: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2022
FirstSon01:
Will they hear

Tinubu wins.

I don't know why it's so hard that most have not studied Nigeria political strategy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2022
FirstSon01:
Will they hear

Tinubu wins.

Tinubu will not be in top 2

7 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by FirstSon01: 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

But Obi will be in top two abi??

You really don't know anything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by EsomahJD: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2022
MajohBankz:

One thing certain is, Nigerians pay more attention to party membership than the politicians themselves.

Politicians jump ship at anytime but it doesn't bother us, we just have to remain loyal to the party.

You will be so disappointed by the time they destroyed your platform and term it Ibo party . Most of you don't still understand the political propaganda tools they employ in Nigeria.

Think critically you will understand that Obi would have easily been Atikus running mate if he had step down for him in the last minute.
Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by Parachoko: 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

This your comment made me LOL cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by EsomahJD: 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

The problem is that most of you have is that you let your emotions get a better hold you.

He who fight and run away, live to fight another day.

Forget how tinubu will fair and strategies on how to be politically relevant in the next 8 years.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by mycar: 4:12pm On Jun 17, 2022
EsomahJD:

Always stay where you have greater steak

Don't let them box you all into one party and turn around to term it Ibo party.(learn from the past)

Use critical thinking in making political decisions in Nigeria and jetison Emotions.

When you see strong tribal bigots and people with questionable characters supporting your candidate, be weary of inward destruction.

Showing so much Emotions can be dangerous, and it's their greatest weapon against you.

Learn how not to show your full card with grip hold in Nigeria politics , you will almost certainly get hurt with this strategy in Nigeria politics.

If you fail to give PDP a substantial number of votes in Se, in the next four years people will remind you on how you waisted your vote, hence you have no bargaining powers.

It makes no difference
all the years Igbos have been voting for PDP, who has it benefitted?
it is all about rescuing Nigeria, if PDP did not deem it fit to make an Igbo man a flag bearer, why do they need an Igbo man's vote, they ganged up against Jonathan not because of his performance but because of where he came from. If Atiku had and others had allowed him to finish, by now, he would be talking of his re-election.

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by Eastlink(m): 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
An Edo man advising Igbos to still remain subservient to PDP. So what's the benefits of voting Atiku instead of Obi? Mention one.

What makes you call yourself a concerned person? A true concerned individual will never advise Ndigbo to line up for Atiku rather advise Atiku to step down for Obi.

Kwankwanso emergence in the North West has messed up whatever vote Atiku thinks he'll get there. North Central is a no go area, Atiku lost big there against Buhari in 2015. Atiku's only hope lies in the North East and some of our mumu brothers in the South-South.

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by MajohBankz: 4:14pm On Jun 17, 2022
EsomahJD:
You will be so disappointed by the time they destroyed your platform and term it Ibo party . Most of you don't still understand the political propaganda tools they employ in Nigeria.

Think critically you will understand that Obi would have easily been Atikus running mate if he had step down for him in the last minute.

Bros, I'm not ever going to be disappointed in anything as far as Nigeria is concerned. I'm doing and living the best as I can. Politics is what's dividing this country.

The problems of this country is everywhere, and do you know who regrets more, the zone with the president.

I give no care in the world about parties because they are one and the same.

In fact politicians in Nigeria are like footballers in European football, while Nigerians are the club fans. Players leave and change clubs at anytime and leave fans with the animosity and rivalry.

If Peter Obi, in as much as becomes the president and sets a pattern, template and blueprint for governance, I tell you most solemnly, I care less what region or party the next is coming from as long as he is more or as intelligent as Peter obi.

That's when we'll have visions and time frame for full blown development.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by SimplePlan34: 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2022
I never knew they were so confused like this always practising political isolation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by EsomahJD: 4:35pm On Jun 17, 2022
mycar:

It makes no difference
all the years Igbos have been voting for PDP, who has it benefitted?
it is all about rescuing Nigeria, if PDP did not deem it fit to make an Igbo man a flag bearer, why do they need an Igbo man's vote, they ganged up against Jonathan not because of his performance but because of where he came from. If Atiku had and others had allowed him to finish, by now, he would be talking of his re-election.
The anti ibo sentiment is still very much alive in this country, and you know what that will mean.

You're speaking this way because they have successfully guilt tripped you into falling for their strategy.
Compare Igbo representation in the Federal level in PDP time and under APC. Compare the benefits and what the atmosphere was for Igbos.
You will only be shooting yourself more if you choose to isolate yourself. You're better protected under a major party than standing alone at this time.
Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2022
EsomahJD:
The problem is that most of you have is that you let your emotions get a better hold you.

He who fight and run away, live to fight another day.

Forget how tinubu will fair and strategies on how to be politically relevant in the next 8 years.
I am not a politician
Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
FirstSon01:

But Obi will be in top two abi??

You really don't know anything.
Tinubu won't make top 2.Quote me after the elections
Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by EsomahJD: 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2022
MajohBankz:

Bros, I'm not ever going to be disappointed in anything as far as Nigeria is concerned. I'm doing and living the best as I can. Politics is what's dividing this country.

The problems of this country is everywhere, and do you know who regrets more, the zone with the president.

I give no care in the world about parties because they are one and the same.

In fact politicians in Nigeria are like footballers in European football, while Nigerians are the club fans. Players leave and change clubs at anytime and leave fans with the animosity and rivalry.

If Peter Obi, in as much as becomes the president and sets a pattern, template and blueprint for governance, I tell you most solemnly, I care less what region or party the next is coming from as long as he is more or as intelligent as Peter obi.

That's when we'll have visions and time frame for full blown development.
Thank you
Nigeria political environment is not ripped for what you and goodwill people are foreseeing.

Igbos can not afford to isolate themselves from the center at this time again.

I agree that politicians are the same in varying parties, but you can't be protected if you dont have Representatives at the center.
Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by MajohBankz: 4:47pm On Jun 17, 2022
EsomahJD:

Nigeria political environment is not ripped for what you and goodwill people are foreseeing.

I agree that politicians are the same in varying parties, but you can't be protected if you dont have Representatives at the center.

Please explain protection. Isolate to a particular context or explain it in all ramifications as long as Nigeria is concerned.
Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by EsomahJD: 4:47pm On Jun 17, 2022
Eastlink:
An Edo man advising Igbos to still remain subservient to PDP. So what's the benefits of voting Atiku instead of Obi? Mention one.

What makes you call yourself a concerned person? A true concerned individual will never advise Ndigbo to line up for Atiku rather advise Atiku to step down for Obi.

Kwankwanso emergence in the North West has messed up whatever vote Atiku thinks he'll get there. North Central is a no go area, Atiku lost big there against Buhari in 2015. Atiku's only hope lies in the North East and some of our mumu brothers in the South-South.

Wake up this is Nigeria. Don't be surprised if Kwankwanso collapses his structure for Atiku.

I'm sorry, you can't quantity how concerned I am.
Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by NigerianAngelo(m): 4:49pm On Jun 17, 2022
FirstSon01:
Will they hear

Tinubu wins.

If Tinubu wins it may be better for Igbos than Atiku.

Is Tinubu something new?

As soon as Obi submits his running mate, I am voting Obi. All Igbos. If Atiku couldn't allow that Presidential slot for us, he should count his father's house let them make him President.
Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by Risentouch(m): 4:50pm On Jun 17, 2022
I want to ask you a simple question.
Igbos have served PDP for 23yrs now, can you tell me their stake their?

EsomahJD:

Always stay where you have greater steak

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:51pm On Jun 17, 2022
EsomahJD:

Why did PDP allow Peter Obi to leave in the first place? They actually underated his political value.

Peter Obi has as much chance as Atiku in the 2023 presidential race.Most Nigerians including non-igbos have now realized he is the best bet for the presidency.

I know what I am saying when I say Tinubu would not make the top 2 in the 2023 elections

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by Risentouch(m): 4:52pm On Jun 17, 2022
EsomahJD:

Keep feeding yourself hopes with stepping down, it's no longer he doesn't structures and other useless propagandas. What is the guarantee that if Igbo becomes the flagbearer of PDP it won't be tagged Igbo Party?
I guess I need to learn politics from you.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by EsomahJD: 4:53pm On Jun 17, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

I am not a politician
But you're strategizing on a possible self isolation.

Most of you will remember this thread in a long while

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2022
EsomahJD:
But you're strategizing on a possible self isolation.

Most of you will remember this thread in a long while
Story for the gods Did igbos die of hunger in the last eight years? Buhari is president yet NW is now the den of bandits.Of what use has the Buhari presidency been to his people of the NW?

The igbos alongside millions of other well meaning Nigerians will vote for the labour party in the 2023 presidential election

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by Slynation(m): 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
There is no how PDP is winning this election, the entitled mentality PDP has for S.E clearly shows why they don't regard that region after Election...Even during the era of Goodluck Jonathan, he got block votes from S.E but he neglected the region and was busy building Almajiri schools for those who sees Education as haram, Enugu/Onitsha expressway was due for maintenance, the East needed this road badly but GEJ totally neglected it...

S.E vote for competency and not Party, that was the main reason why PDP was dethroned by APGA in Anambra state...

Voting PDP now means power will remain in the North for another 8years. Desperation to clinch power, they decided to field a Northerner knowing fully well there was an earlier agreement for a Southern President due to power rotation, even APC that could have easily fielded a Northerner just to retain power kept to their own part of the bargain, Atiku-dollars made PDP to turn around to betray the southern presidency due to their mentality of the SE/SS are PDP stronghold, now they are cajoling the S.E to key into that nonsense when a reputable candidate is from that region...

We rather waste our votes on LP even if it will guarantee victory to Tinubu, Atleast the Jagaban is reaping the South!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by EsomahJD: 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
Risentouch:
I want to ask you a simple question.
Igbos have served PDP for 23yrs now, can you tell me their stake their?

You will need to study your environment the complexity of Nigeria and the body language of power brokers in Nigeria to understand where I'm coming from.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by EsomahJD: 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Why did PDP allow Peter Obi to leave in the first place? They actually underated his political value.

Peter Obi has as much chance as Atiku in the 2023 presidential race.Most Nigerians including non-igbos have now realized he is the best bet for the presidency.

I know what I am saying when I say Tinubu would not make the top 2 in the 2023 elections

I agree PDP shouldn't have let him leave. But again the governors needed to be carried along as the parties financiers to some extent.

Should Obi had pulled the Tanbuwal last minute strategy, Atiku would have still retained him.
Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by Akurakambe(m): 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2022
MajohBankz:

Don't mind them. It's Peter Obi all the way
Re: Why Igbos Must Not Dump PDP by seunmsg(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

We are grateful that man no be God. You said more than this before the APC primary election and God disgraced you in full. Sadly, you still haven’t learnt your lessons. After Tinubu’s victory next year, you will be forced to deactivate your account in shame (that’s if you have any).

Below are just a few of your receipts.

58 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Peter Obi Needs To Associate More Towards North/muslims / Peter Obi Is The Real Wealth Creator And Can Bring Us Out From Financial Mess / 2023: APC Leaders, Thousands Of Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.