Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,688 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Uk Deports 61 Nigerians - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Deports 61 Nigerians (11538 Views)

The Nigeria Immigration Deports 6 British Citizens / Sudan Deports 26 Nigerians Over Ebola Fears / Uk Deports 120 Nigerians Over Immigration Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by Babasessy(m): 8:55am On Jul 22, 2011
UK deports 61 Nigerians

SIXTY-ONE Nigerians, including three minors, were yesterday deported from Britain.The deportees were flown into the country in the early hours of the day in a chartered aircraft.

They also included 47 males and 11 females who were received and screened at the cargo terminal of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport by the officials from the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS).

An immigration source, who pleaded anonymity, said they were deported for immigration-related offences.

Some of the deportees alleged that most of them were picked up by the police in Britain and found out that their visas had expired.

A deportee, Mrs Eniola Adefuja, said that her visa had expired since May and she was still in the process of renewing it when she was picked up by the police.

She added that she was not allowed to pick up her personal effects before being flown to Nigeria.

Another deportee, who simply identified herself as Juliet, claimed that she was also arrested by the British Immigration officer over expired documents.

“My visa expired and they said I could no longer reside in the UK; that is why I was brought back home,” she said.

http://www.nigeriancompass.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2019:uk-deports-61-nigerians&catid=54:nigeria-today
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by btyfulmnd(m): 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2011
UK used to be a liberal place for most Nigerians coming to Europe, because they dont lay emphasis on documents unlike Germany that is known as a police country; but is like what used to be practised in Germany is now happening in UK. Honestly, it is heartbreaking but i think the bad economy is the major reason behind this and this trend is becoming the norm of the day in UK.
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by helpdoer: 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2011
surprise, surprise.
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by Luckynonso: 12:22pm On Jul 22, 2011
my people make una no worry.nigeria is good.u wil all enjoy it.one door closes another open.
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by DonJoey(m): 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2011
Na wa ooo, cry cry
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by Acutex: 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2011
mrs Eniola, I lola?? grin grin
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by snowdrops(m): 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2011
This happens regularly all year round. So no news really. Dont be surprised that even as 61 were deported, 161 arrived in UK.
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by sayso: 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2011
more mouth to feed.mba nu.chiri akwukwo gi gbaba obodo ozo
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by Ibomade1: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2011
This is what the conservative are known for. But the Economic climate is not really helping
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by Nymphnode(m): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2011
What happens to those who have saving of some sort out there, and they cant even re-apply for visa anytime soon
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2011
NIGERIANS CAN'T STOP TO SURPRISE ME grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by justwise(m): 1:05pm On Jul 22, 2011
Nymph node:

What happens to those who have saving of some sort out there, and they cant even re-apply for   visa anytime soon

They may be have to send their bank card with pin-number to a friend in the UK to get the money withdrawn from cash machine
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2011
Nymph node:

What happens to those who have saving of some sort out there, and they cant even re-apply for   visa anytime soon
why are you saving in a country where you have limited residence rights. clearly not planning to return.
how did you get those savings .if they are legitimate you can arrange (at great cost no doubt )to have have them paid to you in nigeria .if you move abroad british banks still send you statements etc.
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by rahouf1: 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2011
[/quote][quote]

Nigeria is better now please put your mind at rest my dear nigerian
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2011
justwise:

They may be have to send their bank card with pin-number to a friend in the UK to get the money withdrawn from cash machine  

What happens if ur friend whisker with ur money?
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2011
iwonbaoko:

why are you saving in a country where you have limited residence rights. clearly not planning to return.
how did you get those savings .if they are legitimate you can arrange (at great cost no doubt )to have have them paid to you in nigeria .if you move abroad british banks still send you statements etc.

I think the best way should be mastercard if they have with their various banks, they use it to withdraw from ATMs
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by ideylaff: 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2011

my people make una no worry.nigeria is good.u wil all enjoy it.one door closes another open.

Awwww that's so encouraging and touching, Bless you both @ rahouf1 and @ Luckynonso respectively
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by justwise(m): 2:00pm On Jul 22, 2011
odiaero:

What happens if your friend whisker with your money?

Well. . . that is possible, you have to trust the person b4 sending those bank details.
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by juman(m): 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2011
Pitiful
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by justwise(m): 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2011
rahouf1:

Its good to be patriotic but we need to be realistic as well. If Nigeria is better as u claimed then few pple will be sleeping at the embassies everyday looking for visa, even paying more than N4million for a yr course in the UK.
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by rahouf1: 2:14pm On Jul 22, 2011
THANKS Ideylaff wink
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by Outstrip(f): 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2011
Babasessy:

“My visa expired and they said I could no longer reside in the UK; that is why I was brought back home,” she said.

http://www.nigeriancompass.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2019:uk-deports-61-nigerians&catid=54:nigeria-today

Okay this is foolish. Is that not the idea. Why would they put an expiration date if you are not supposed to follow it
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by glowithdan(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2011
It's heart touching. The present day Government feels deporting people back to their respective country will solve the problem the United Kingdom faces presently. But come to think of it, the number of jobless people in the country is increasing on a daily basis, which a reasonable percent are Nigerians!

How I wish out leaders will stop the selfish behaviour the exhibit, and face the problems in ordinary people faces in Nigeria, as they struggle for survival. No doubt, the country is stingingly rich but nothing to show for it.

Let no one deceive anybody that the grass here (UK) is any greener, because you might end up drowning  the hand of your clock backwards. I can't speak for other European countries, but for the United Kingdom, "NOTIN DEY HAPPEN HERE"
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2011
well, well, well, what can I say? Feel free to get something useful to do, there opportunities in this country if you know where and how to look. If you don't want that, feel free to negotiate your way back out of the country. If you feel too big to live and work in Nigeria, feel free to jump into a lagoon.
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by BigMeat2: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2011
To all deportees - take heart, chin up, chest out and believe that you can make the best out of your present situation.

This situation is not the end of life - life must to continually go on.

Welcome back,
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by tpia5: 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2011
Feel free to get something useful to do, there opportunities in this country if you know where and how to look. If you don't want that, feel free to negotiate your way back out of the country

true talk.

most of them will still travel back out anyway.

once you leave nigeria to take up residence elsewhere, its very difficult to return.
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by Goodcare(m): 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2011
please make una help me find my brother name Dayo Ibishomi if he's there because we have been looking for him few weeks ago, and he call that he's in uk, thanks
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by ronkebp(f): 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2011
snowdrops:

This happens regularly all year round. So no news really. Dont be surprised that even as 61 were deported, 161 arrived in UK.

So true, lol
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by MzGreat(f): 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2011
someone told me 190 and mr cork were deported due to fake documents. eeyaa m really feelinf sorry for them o
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by mail4gift2(m): 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2011
Deportation is a normal thing to Nigerians, I was almost deported yesterday by the Malaysia Immigration Authority when i went to pay for my overstay, but miraculously, my overstay fee, document and plea was accepted, the truth is that Nigerians especially here in Malaysia are suffering, most of them who don't know their left from right have emerge to form our local frat here and all they do is use machete to butcher their fellow Nigerians all in the name of frat, we have ayes here, we have vikings but i have not seen any buccaneer here and the problem this people cause for the peaceful ones here is outrageous, they are all the PRODUCT OF NIGERIA, a failed country
Re: Uk Deports 61 Nigerians by tpia5: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2011
nigeria don suffer if even malaysia is looking down on you.

however, we cause these things for ourselves, in a way.

and yes, the cults are very strong in emigration matters and good at exporting their members to different parts of the world for reasons related to cash flow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do I Need Transit Visa To Morocco? En-route Lagos To Usa. / Good News For Migrants As European Parliament Proposes Humanitarian Visas / Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.