Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,703 members, 7,851,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:30 PM

Igarra People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igarra People (593 Views)

Oshiomhole Stops His Motorcade To Dance With Elderly Women In Igarra (Video) / Edo North 2023: Oshiomhole Campaigns In Igarra (Video) / Adeche Saiki: Otaru Of Igarra Denies Donating N1M To Ize-Iyamu Campaign Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igarra People by Onesheseri217: 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2022
Makwu HRH Oshemdase Orenyi
Dim va kwu Oshiresu Ewu Rena Anavo.

"Genealogically the community of Anonyete is made up of four large family lineages all laying very strong claim to Igu Renyi Renyi as their ancestor. The oral history claims that Igu left his original place of stay in the beginning, for another place because he had a premonition that a disaster would befall the place. On arrival at the new place, his pregnant wife gave birth to a baby boy whom he named Onyete, meaning LAND OWNER. Onyete in turn had four sons named Ava, Eshi, Akada and Odumoro in the order of seniority.

The history went further to claim that the disaster eventually befell the place that Igu fled from. The SURVIVOURS fled in the direction of Igu and they settled down with him and his children. On their arrival they started greeting and addressing Igu and his children as ONYETE and ANONYETE respectively. In support of this claim, Alhaji (Chief) Isah Husaini in his book, "The Culture of Egbira" (including Igarra-Etuno) said.

When they arrived, the new
comers started addressing and
greeting Ezigu as Anonyete and Onyete. So the idea of addressing and greeting first settlers of land areas as Anonyete and Onyete in Ebira society established.

In further support of the above claim, Quentin Joseph Saiki in his book, Issues in Etuno(Igarra)History, on page 33, said:

As the clan name suggests, the people are known as the owners of land.

Igu Renyi Renyi which literally means Igu that is water and water was believed to have super natural powers over rainfall. In his book "Issues in Etuno (Igarra) History", on page 33, Quentin Saiki said that:

The people are referred to as the children of Igu or the god
Of rain because the clan worship the shrine that is dedicated to rainfall.

The mystery behind "Igu Renyi Renyi " is shrouded in the creation myth and it is best known to Ezigu alone. God made water and because of its importance to life, He mounted Igu against its flowing direction to protect and prevent it from wastage. So serving water to mankind proportionately through rainfall became the responsibility of Igu. It was reported that the children of Igu inherited a pool of water from him which represents the source of his power. It is this source that the children wield over rainfall till date.

There is no name as Ariwo(Noise) and Ovejijo (Obejijo-burnt soup) in the Igarra dialect, All this are Yoruba names.Igarra people don't have any ancestral relationship with the Yorubas right from the migrational trajectory. We settled briefly with the Igalas for a century or so which accounts for the reason we still retain some of their cultural practices. ORI Idakoriko which we came to Igarra with is also in Igalaland till date around Ajaokuta area.

If Otaru was Igarra universal king how come one Okomayin Johnson alias Okomayin Ekeka was denied Okomayin Title by Otaru Aido?How come same man within the same period went to Otaru Idanage to take the same Okomayin title?The man was nicknamed Okomayin Ekeka till he died and was buried as Wokoma.

Who is Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup)?

The above question has been lingering for quite a long time now even before my birth; owing to the fact that my brothers from the other divide actually claim that Ariwo Ovejijo(Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) was the one who led our ancestors from Idah down here When there is an Existing Superior Claim that we Migrated from the Ancient Kwararafa Kingdom to the present day Igarra Town(Story for another day)- Good and Fine Let's even assume this their Acclaimed story is true(Thou it's still a Blunt Lie) That he led us here, In Addition my brothers equally claimed that it was when we arrived this present day Igarra land that was when Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Birthed his Six Children Namely Idede, Agada, Ogu, Avaka, Idiba With Ozoko been the only female Now the Interesting question is If all this his Acclaimed children where birthed here in the present day Igarra who was Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) now leading from The place we Migrated from to here? Suffice to say I won't be out of place to also Ask that this Said Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Where is he from what is his father's name or if possible his family Lineage in Accordance to the Igarra people, in Adendum the Aclaimed Wife/Mother who gave birth to this Aforementioned Kids who was she and where was she from?

Equally as documented In 1962 Security Report by Wileaks board of Inquiry which stated That Andede Lay strong claims that it was Uno that brought them here Equally the Bookish Eshinagada claimed that it was Agada that brought them here, Its quite important to note That My Clan Standardly Lay Claim that It Was Igu Reyin Reyin that led my Ancestors here With Date Preceding the Acclaimed date My brothers said Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Led them here, Now the question will be At what point Did this acclaimed 5brothers suddenly adopted Ariwo Ovejijo as their father?

Equally My Brothers Claim that Ariwo Ovejijo(Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Was the first Otaru, Let's still
assume they are Right(Equally a very cheap propaganda) How come recently during the 20th Anniversary Celebration Of Otaru Emmanuel Adeche Saiki II during which he made an Early publication (Which was later doctored After We Corrected Them) reeling out the Chronological story of the Otaru's from the very acclaimed start, It might Interest you to know Sir/Ma that Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) who my brothers claimed to be the Pioneer Of the Otaru Lineage and their Supposed Father- His NAME was no where to be found on the 19Man list Published, This singular omission alone and Other facts further show the height of false claim and also to buttress the fact that The Said Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Was a Myth.

Equally Verifiable facts Has it that A certain Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Who's Ancestral Lineage is tied to the Magogo people in Present Day Kogi State had Existed Within the said time my brothers claim they where migrating(Equally Story For Another Day).

Moreso My Dear brothers claimed that Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Was their biological Father which customary Implies that they are biological brothers, But how come today their is Inter-Marriage between Offsprings of This acclaimed biological brothers as against the tradition and culture of the Igarra people?

In Reference to a suit filed earlier in "1977 and discharged in 1978 - charge No. MIG/65c/77 - instituted by One Okuo Luse against the then Oshemdase of Igarra, HRH Oreyin Johnson Obende Akande De first; the court ruled that the Oshemdase title and the validity of its conferment are wholly intra-Anonyete concerns and absolutely within their powers to decide"
It is worthy of mention that this judgement was never appealed by either Okuo Luse or his present successor to his clan title.

As the rich Igarra history had stated on the issues of governance Neither The Oshemdase Nor Oshidu, Oshemi, Otu, Otaru or any of the clan heads can unilaterally take a decision on behalf of others, This has been the way our fathers did things and God Willing it will continue like that.

If Truly just as my brothers are laying claim that their Otaru has been the Oshinoyi of the Igarra people right from time immemorial-This Actually boils down to the question Is it Possible to have more than One Oshinoyi Reigning simultaneously within same period? Hence I can say without fear or favour that The Understanding of the Title Oshinoyi is Un-known to them.

As stated in one of the palmflet Distributed during the 20years Anniversary of Otaru Emmanuel Adeche Saiki II- That Otaru Aininoto(1836-1862) Ainoje(1848-1862) Aine (1856-1862) and Also Igodi 1 (1865-1894) Ashibowa (1892-1899), It was equally Stated that Otaru Aido(1926-1952) Otaru Idanage (1934-1966) all reigned in this dates which conflict's each other, Let it be known that Before and During this Said acclaimed time's Oshemdase, Oshidu, Oshemi And Otu had already been in Existence-needless I go further.

My Brothers would want to insinuate that Momodu Ajayi Was Once a DH as at then which they may interprete as Oshinoyi, Good and fine but How come he became Oshinoyi without him been an Otaru And His father Otaru Aiteka Was a reigning Otaru then under his rulership, How Come after he was deposed and Later Exiled to Lagos For Embezzlement and gross Misconduct Cum power abuse, Why was there no continuations of the Oshinoyiship by My brother's then, Rather After the Otaru Of Auchi Ruled a while before power was Transferred to the Emai Of Somorika to take charge of Affairs for the time been.

It is quite laughable that a man whose stool, by Igarra tradition and customary laws, has no power to demand and receive royalty from the proceeds of sales of family lands even by members of his own family let alone any other Eziezu family is talking about possession of power to give validation to the conferment of a title exclusive to an Eziobe family.

Further More Till No Counter Claims Nor Superior Arguments are presented I will continue telling the outside world the story of my People and How 5 Want to supercede 9 With no Recognition to the Confused Anoseri Clan who are neither her nor there.

I Am Cde Oke Onaivi Oizamisi (Onesheseri)
Human Resources Consultant
Proud Descendant Of Igu Reyin Reyin

Ps: This Text Was Researched and Written By Me All counter claims nor Inquiries should be addressed to my person.. 07068741878 okeoiza217@gmail.com

Re: Igarra People by Eriokanmi: 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2022
Onesheseri217:
Makwu HRH Oshemdase Orenyi
Dim va kwu Oshiresu Ewu Rena Anavo.

"Genealogically the community of Anonyete is made up of four large family lineages all laying very strong claim to Igu Renyi Renyi as their ancestor. The oral history claims that Igu left his original place of stay in the beginning, for another place because he had a premonition that a disaster would befall the place. On arrival at the new place, his pregnant wife gave birth to a baby boy whom he named Onyete, meaning LAND OWNER. Onyete in turn had four sons named Ava, Eshi, Akada and Odumoro in the order of seniority.

The history went further to claim that the disaster eventually befell the place that Igu fled from. The SURVIVOURS fled in the direction of Igu and they settled down with him and his children. On their arrival they started greeting and addressing Igu and his children as ONYETE and ANONYETE respectively. In support of this claim, Alhaji (Chief) Isah Husaini in his book, "The Culture of Egbira" (including Igarra-Etuno) said.

When they arrived, the new
comers started addressing and
greeting Ezigu as Anonyete and Onyete. So the idea of addressing and greeting first settlers of land areas as Anonyete and Onyete in Ebira society established.

In further support of the above claim, Quentin Joseph Saiki in his book, Issues in Etuno(Igarra)History, on page 33, said:

As the clan name suggests, the people are known as the owners of land.

Igu Renyi Renyi which literally means Igu that is water and water was believed to have super natural powers over rainfall. In his book "Issues in Etuno (Igarra) History", on page 33, Quentin Saiki said that:

The people are referred to as the children of Igu or the god
Of rain because the clan worship the shrine that is dedicated to rainfall.

The mystery behind "Igu Renyi Renyi " is shrouded in the creation myth and it is best known to Ezigu alone. God made water and because of its importance to life, He mounted Igu against its flowing direction to protect and prevent it from wastage. So serving water to mankind proportionately through rainfall became the responsibility of Igu. It was reported that the children of Igu inherited a pool of water from him which represents the source of his power. It is this source that the children wield over rainfall till date.

There is no name as Ariwo(Noise) and Ovejijo (Obejijo-burnt soup) in the Igarra dialect, All this are Yoruba names.Igarra people don't have any ancestral relationship with the Yorubas right from the migrational trajectory. We settled briefly with the Igalas for a century or so which accounts for the reason we still retain some of their cultural practices. ORI Idakoriko which we came to Igarra with is also in Igalaland till date around Ajaokuta area.

If Otaru was Igarra universal king how come one Okomayin Johnson alias Okomayin Ekeka was denied Okomayin Title by Otaru Aido?How come same man within the same period went to Otaru Idanage to take the same Okomayin title?The man was nicknamed Okomayin Ekeka till he died and was buried as Wokoma.

Who is Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup)?

The above question has been lingering for quite a long time now even before my birth; owing to the fact that my brothers from the other divide actually claim that Ariwo Ovejijo(Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) was the one who led our ancestors from Idah down here When there is an Existing Superior Claim that we Migrated from the Ancient Kwararafa Kingdom to the present day Igarra Town(Story for another day)- Good and Fine Let's even assume this their Acclaimed story is true(Thou it's still a Blunt Lie) That he led us here, In Addition my brothers equally claimed that it was when we arrived this present day Igarra land that was when Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Birthed his Six Children Namely Idede, Agada, Ogu, Avaka, Idiba With Ozoko been the only female Now the Interesting question is If all this his Acclaimed children where birthed here in the present day Igarra who was Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) now leading from The place we Migrated from to here? Suffice to say I won't be out of place to also Ask that this Said Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Where is he from what is his father's name or if possible his family Lineage in Accordance to the Igarra people, in Adendum the Aclaimed Wife/Mother who gave birth to this Aforementioned Kids who was she and where was she from?

Equally as documented In 1962 Security Report by Wileaks board of Inquiry which stated That Andede Lay strong claims that it was Uno that brought them here Equally the Bookish Eshinagada claimed that it was Agada that brought them here, Its quite important to note That My Clan Standardly Lay Claim that It Was Igu Reyin Reyin that led my Ancestors here With Date Preceding the Acclaimed date My brothers said Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Led them here, Now the question will be At what point Did this acclaimed 5brothers suddenly adopted Ariwo Ovejijo as their father?

Equally My Brothers Claim that Ariwo Ovejijo(Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Was the first Otaru, Let's still
assume they are Right(Equally a very cheap propaganda) How come recently during the 20th Anniversary Celebration Of Otaru Emmanuel Adeche Saiki II during which he made an Early publication (Which was later doctored After We Corrected Them) reeling out the Chronological story of the Otaru's from the very acclaimed start, It might Interest you to know Sir/Ma that Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) who my brothers claimed to be the Pioneer Of the Otaru Lineage and their Supposed Father- His NAME was no where to be found on the 19Man list Published, This singular omission alone and Other facts further show the height of false claim and also to buttress the fact that The Said Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Was a Myth.

Equally Verifiable facts Has it that A certain Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Who's Ancestral Lineage is tied to the Magogo people in Present Day Kogi State had Existed Within the said time my brothers claim they where migrating(Equally Story For Another Day).

Moreso My Dear brothers claimed that Ariwo Ovejijo (Corrupted from the Yoruba Word Ariwo Obejijo Which Literally means Noise Burnt Soup) Was their biological Father which customary Implies that they are biological brothers, But how come today their is Inter-Marriage between Offsprings of This acclaimed biological brothers as against the tradition and culture of the Igarra people?

In Reference to a suit filed earlier in "1977 and discharged in 1978 - charge No. MIG/65c/77 - instituted by One Okuo Luse against the then Oshemdase of Igarra, HRH Oreyin Johnson Obende Akande De first; the court ruled that the Oshemdase title and the validity of its conferment are wholly intra-Anonyete concerns and absolutely within their powers to decide"
It is worthy of mention that this judgement was never appealed by either Okuo Luse or his present successor to his clan title.

As the rich Igarra history had stated on the issues of governance Neither The Oshemdase Nor Oshidu, Oshemi, Otu, Otaru or any of the clan heads can unilaterally take a decision on behalf of others, This has been the way our fathers did things and God Willing it will continue like that.

If Truly just as my brothers are laying claim that their Otaru has been the Oshinoyi of the Igarra people right from time immemorial-This Actually boils down to the question Is it Possible to have more than One Oshinoyi Reigning simultaneously within same period? Hence I can say without fear or favour that The Understanding of the Title Oshinoyi is Un-known to them.

As stated in one of the palmflet Distributed during the 20years Anniversary of Otaru Emmanuel Adeche Saiki II- That Otaru Aininoto(1836-1862) Ainoje(1848-1862) Aine (1856-1862) and Also Igodi 1 (1865-1894) Ashibowa (1892-1899), It was equally Stated that Otaru Aido(1926-1952) Otaru Idanage (1934-1966) all reigned in this dates which conflict's each other, Let it be known that Before and During this Said acclaimed time's Oshemdase, Oshidu, Oshemi And Otu had already been in Existence-needless I go further.

My Brothers would want to insinuate that Momodu Ajayi Was Once a DH as at then which they may interprete as Oshinoyi, Good and fine but How come he became Oshinoyi without him been an Otaru And His father Otaru Aiteka Was a reigning Otaru then under his rulership, How Come after he was deposed and Later Exiled to Lagos For Embezzlement and gross Misconduct Cum power abuse, Why was there no continuations of the Oshinoyiship by My brother's then, Rather After the Otaru Of Auchi Ruled a while before power was Transferred to the Emai Of Somorika to take charge of Affairs for the time been.

It is quite laughable that a man whose stool, by Igarra tradition and customary laws, has no power to demand and receive royalty from the proceeds of sales of family lands even by members of his own family let alone any other Eziezu family is talking about possession of power to give validation to the conferment of a title exclusive to an Eziobe family.

Further More Till No Counter Claims Nor Superior Arguments are presented I will continue telling the outside world the story of my People and How 5 Want to supercede 9 With no Recognition to the Confused Anoseri Clan who are neither her nor there.

I Am Cde Oke Onaivi Oizamisi (Onesheseri)
Human Resources Consultant
Proud Descendant Of Igu Reyin Reyin

Ps: This Text Was Researched and Written By Me All counter claims nor Inquiries should be addressed to my person.. 07068741878 okeoiza217@gmail.com
I love Igharra. I remember my nysc days, when Hon. Amune was the LG Chairman. The corpers' Lodge used to be opposite the LG Hq. Good old days.
Re: Igarra People by Zendizel(m): 11:26pm On Jun 18, 2022
Greetings o my brother!!
Re: Igarra People by Ofachiedo: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
Well said. A doctored historical account without facts only take a while but the truth will eventually revealed to the general public and the unborn children. One question still remain unanswered till date. Culturally, children born of the same father don't engage in sexual relationship and this is is not peculiar to Igarra alone. Pls who was the wife of the mysterious Ariwo and who is the wife of the first Otaru?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

OPINION : Bola Ahmed Tinubu - Who He Truly Is / Throwbacks On Reno Omokri Adulation Of Peter Obi / Why Must Apc Lose An Election For You Guys To Label It Free And Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.