Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,217 members, 7,839,138 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1501534 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4500) (4501) (4502) (4503) (4504) (4505) (4506) ... (4707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:12am On Apr 01
afrodoc2:

This na case of Alagidi vs Alaigboran. grin

grin

.....Erisco Man sees nothing wrong in bad PR cos nothing like bad PR to him. He is currently running promotions across Markets and locals dey rush em products witiwiti.

Sponsored News on International Media ain't gonna stop the man, cos he is damn determined to fight till the end.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 11:12am On Apr 01
BlueRayDick:

Where I used to live before , the surest plug for foreign rice and frozen foods in that area is the wife of a customs officer .

If u wan do 15 weddings in one weekend u can get frozen chicken, turkey , fish and gizzard that will be enough to serve all guests from that woman's shop. Same with rice .

It's an open secret that customs officers are the biggest beneficiaries of smuggling in this country . Dem dey divert seized goods like mad.

What I don't understand is why IBD Dende's lawyers are threatening this guy with lawsuit. Almost everyone knows Dende is a smuggler and with his own mouth in the video he was simply fighting for his right to smuggle goods simply cos he felt customs bosses too smuggle goods. So what's he planning to sue the guy for ? 😂
They're trying to get at his source for the info he's releasing. A lawsuit gives them an excuse to arrest him, normal naija way, and under pressure they'd hopefully force his source out.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:13am On Apr 01
So, Chioma even made a post saying Erisco paste was killing people?

Criticism at its finest

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:16am On Apr 01
izzou:

Criticism at its finest

grin

.....did you miss the screenshots?! Everything said in the clip is legit.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:19am On Apr 01
afrodoc2:

This na case of Alagidi vs Alaigboran. grin

Nigeria is a jungle and the strongest animals prey on the weakest . I watched that Facebook video posted up there and from the video I noticed the man explaining how he intervened to get Chioma released .

The man also truthfully stated he didn't know wassup with Chioma afterwards since she didn't answer his calls neither did she post any apology as agreed at the police station.

From all indications it's obvious the Chioma lady also sought legal advice after the September 2023 incident which made her not want to honor whatever agreement she had with Erisco and the police under duress .

Below is her lawyer claiming she actually got a court order barring the police from arresting her .

On Tuesday, Inibehe Effiong, Okoli’s lawyer, in a series of posts on X (formerly Twitter) said some police officers invaded Okoli’s house at about 7 am and attempted to re-arrest her.

He said this was in disregard to a court ruling barring them from doing so.

Effiong attached copies of a subsisting order of the federal high court in Lagos dated November 8, 2023 wherein the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) and the Nigerian police were barred from arresting or detaining Okoli while her case with Erisco Foods Ltd. is ongoing.

Armed policemen are still laying siege on the private residence of Chioma Edoka Okoli more than seven hours after they invaded her home,” the post reads.

“They’ve called for reinforcement and are waiting for orders from the IGP to break into her home at Sangotedo where she is living with her baby and re-arrest.

“They have not produced any court order authorizing them to re-arrest Chioma. This is the result of years of lawlessness and impunity in the country.”

Effiong added that the head of the police team said he could not obey a court order when the IGP had given him a contrary directive.

POLICE VACATE OKOLI’S HOME

In an updated post, the lawyer said after over ten hours of siege, the officers eventually vacated Okoli’s home.

He said attempts to re-arrest his client, despite the subsisting restraining order “is a sad reminder of the entrenched culture of lawlessness and impunity in the Nigeria Police Force”.

“The fact that this brazen illegality is happening under the direction of the newly appointed Inspector General of Police who had promised to redeem the image of the police gives credence to the adage that old habits die hard,” he added.

“While deprecating the actions of the police, we want to place on record that we are not perturbed by whatever charges the IGP may have filed against Chioma.

“Their charges cannot scare us because we are confident that Chioma is on the right side of the law. We are ready to meet and confront them in court.

If not that naija is a jungle , why will the police disregard a valid court order and then claim they are maintaining law and order ?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:22am On Apr 01
Theflint1:
They're trying to get at his source for the info he's releasing. A lawsuit gives them an excuse to arrest him, normal naija way, and under pressure they'd hopefully force his source out.

I want to believe the guy is presently not in Nigeria . I believe that's the only way they've not gotten him this far.

In Nigeria criminals are close to the seat of power and they use this closeness to their very own advantage

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:22am On Apr 01
OasisX:

grin

.....did you miss the screenshots?! Everything said in the clip is legit.

SMH.

My concern in this whole issh is how businesses can be protected in situations like this.

Should every business be bullied to begging a faceless online post, even when they are lying or have never even used the product at all?

In the video Ibime posted, they asked Chioma where the product she used was. She said she threw it away. They asked her where she bought it. She said she does not know.

So, even in the lens of objectivity, Chioma could be lying about using the paste sef.

And then you go about saying it was filled with Sugar and its killing people

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 11:23am On Apr 01
OasisX:

grin

.....Erisco Man sees nothing wrong in bad PR cos nothing like bad PR to him. He is currently running promotions across Markets and locals dey rush em products witiwiti.

Sponsored News on International Media ain't gonna stop the man, cos he is damn determined to fight till the end.

To paraphrase the great philosopher Baddo, "freedom of speech is guaranteed but freedom after speech is not certain".

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:30am On Apr 01
izzou:

SMH.

My concern in this whole issh is how businesses can be protected in situations like this.

Should every business be bullied to begging a faceless online post, even when they are lying or have never even used the product at all?

In the video Ibime posted, they asked Chioma where the product she used was. She said she threw it away. They asked her where she bought it. She said she does not know.

So, even in the lens of objectivity, Chioma could be lying about using the paste sef.

And then you go about saying it was filled with Sugar and its killing people

grin

......some folks actually, perhaps emotionally, believe the man should have done nothing. He should have let her run down his business for clout chasing.

Imagine her saying she forgot where she bought it?! NAFDAC certified the product(s) but we should have ignored a regulating body's certification for clout Chaser's review.

If she didn't mention 'ki****ing part, Erisco wouldn't have got her arrested. You can't spoil my product(s) and expect me to do nothing. Some of us do say it here that its hard to run business successfully in Nigeria. Few that struggling hard to build their businesses in the country, we still wanna run it down.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:30am On Apr 01
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:34am On Apr 01
afrodoc2:

To paraphrase the great philosopher Baddo, "freedom of speech is guaranteed but freedom after speech is not certain".

grin

.....exactly. She has enjoyed her freedom of speech in peace, we should let Erisco enjoy freedom after speech too.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 11:56am On Apr 01
BlueRayDick:

Ta what cost to his business ?

So many people didn't even know any Chioma did any product review till the whole case of illegal detention started making the headline .

I just feel the man gave her unnecessary publicity which is hurting his business negatively now.

Hopefully they all find a way to sort themselves sha . All these talks of burying anybody won't do his own business any good . His competitors whom he thought were sponsoring Chioma initially will now milk this negative PR and make sure be spends serious money trying to clear his name.

In business no be everything be gragra

The truth is that, this matter would've been settled if Iniehebe wasn't involved in the matter. The same letter of apology that the man talked on in that video is the same one that Iniehebe said Chioma wrote under duress.

Social media is a really funny place, where so called anti oppressor crusaders will rather let a simple matter that would be resolved easily turn into a charade for clout sake.

While Chioma had the right to criticize the company, defamation is a crime and the company has the right to sue and be sued. What is currently happening to the company online is bullying which is why I think the man want to prosecute the case at all cost.

You cannot defame a company and say the company has to right to defend itself.

At the end of the day, whatever happens to the case, Chioma will face it alone and those edging her on and using her for clout will not be there with her.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 12:06pm On Apr 01
Amigoss:
shocked shocked

FG mandates DNA tests for newborns nationwide

April fool tinz
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:14pm On Apr 01
larride:

The truth is that, this matter would've been settled if Iniebong wasn't involved in the matter. The same letter of apology that the man talked on in that video is the same one that Iniebong said Chioma wrote under duress.

Social media is a really funny place, where so called anti oppressor crusaders will rather let a simple matter that would be resolved easily turn into a charade for clout sake.

While Chioma had the right to criticize the company, defamation is a crime and the company has the right to sue and be sued. What is currently happening to the company online is bullying which is why I think the man want to prosecute the case at all cost.

At the end of the day, whatever happens to the case, Chioma will face it alone and those edging her on and using her for clout will not be there with her.

See ehn, Nigeria is a funny place and the more u look the less u see .

I'm not a fan of defaming a business , but if u feel ur business is being defamed u should go through the legal route of seeking redress in court .

From what I've observed thus far, Chioma made a post that the man found to be defamatory to his business brand and he wrote a petition for the police to prosecute her for criminal defamation ( I may be wrong , but this is what I think happened)

Now from that man's video I watched in which he claimed he stepped in to have things between Chioma and the erisco man resolved out of court, it appears the erisco man agreed with that and wanted Chioma to write an apology so he can tell police to withdraw the case.

Obviously Chioma left the police detention and Effiong being a human rights lawyer advised her not to abide by the police station agreement because the initial detention was illegal and even the agreement they had was illegal cos she was under duress.

Effiong proceeded to obtain a court order to bar the police from further arresting Chioma on the same issue in November 2023 but Nigerian police acting true to character refused to obey that court order.

All of these boils down to lawlessness that is prevalent in Nigeria . Even people who stole billions of naira in this country go from their home to go for hearing . As we speak Fayose has a 6.9 billion case against him by EFCC for stealing public funds that should've been put to public use and he's going about his day to day normal life.

If the Nigerian police has a criminal case against the Chioma lady for defaming Erisco foods, they should prosecute her while she goes to court from her home . The company has a right to test their case in court . Since the man has said he will rather die than let her go , then let him do things the right way instead of Nigerian police acting as tho they have more power than a law court

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:28pm On Apr 01
A40:

I won't sit and pretend Africa is some utopia for women so I fully understand the need for some of these programs with or without the feminist label. I never see church with Widowers ministry. E get why

Well when you make feminism your whole personality especially the radicalized one most Nigerian girls practice these days you expose yourself to increased scrutiny. I strongly suspect Alakija is capping. I'm not moved by extremely wealthy minorities doing mundane tasks. Asking the average majority to outsource what they can barely afford (tasks like cooking and cleaning) is what I find a but silly

And when you say killing it. That's good but we're in modern times. Fathers are sending their daughters to school the same way they're sending sons to school (maybe the North is the sole exception)

Being self sufficient should be the minimum expectation. I'm tired of seeing babes pat themselves on the back for ability to do basic things like pay their own bills. I'm independent yenyenyen. No. You're an adult, you don't get extra props for that

I think you're strongly underrating the influence of Western culture. I daresay every Western and South African country has picked up the good, bad and ugly of American trends and pop culture

Well. As far as displaying wife material and what not, same way there are certain qualities like a man being able to provide, pay Bills, perform romance are traits most women seek. So what's wrong in women advertising things they believe will land them a good partner.

I thought feminism was about the right for women to choose? So why is there always negative responses to women whose ambition is to go to their 'husband's house'

What I've found about Nigerian women feminism is that when push comes to shove they still want the perks of patriarchy. Can't have it both ways and be surprised men don't take it seriously

What is wrong in being one of the boys? Isn't that a derogatory term you guys throw on women that aren't marching lock, step with y'all agenda. All your popular female acts aren't they mostly powered, funded and supported by men?

But that's the thing. If the Kiki was not outed unwittingly we would never know how she really felt about the music. She will join you people to slander Odumodu tomorrow and everyone would be non the wiser. So we don't even know that any of you is standing on business

In fact what I saw more of was them so called feminists dissing the guy for outing the girl in the video and suggesting he did it with malicious intent. I saw more of you people call the guy out for outing his 'friend' than calling the said Kiki out herself

Funny sidenote cos the wedding was that of a popular Nairalander here. Eldee. I couldn't stop laughing when I found out

Not FW Odumodu is a personal choice. I don't consider his music particularly my cup of tea either but I see the musicians Nigeria stan so clearly the hate is more personal than objective.

But what did he say that's a lie? Babes are not fvckin for wig and handbag? Cos most of the relationship takes I see from the average Nigerian and black woman today involves some form of spending before fvckin

Also I don't know that Zulezoo was singing about rape. They came out and said that?

Seems you people successfully spun a song about a woman playing away match to rape. What boy sits and watches their mother get violated. I'm fairly certain the boy was reporting his mom entertaining male guests while his dad traveled

I was old enough to remember when that song came out. I know how you people respond to anything that puts women in unflattering light. Even when said behavior is true. Just like how women react when you bring up paternity fraud. Like there aren't women the world over conning men to raising other men's kids

Calm down guy. If you want toast this babe, mention her on another thread abeg. What is this epistle? cheesy cheesy

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:32pm On Apr 01
BlueRayDick:

See ehn, Nigeria is a funny place and the more u look the less u see .

I'm not a fan of defaming a business , but if u feel ur business is being defamed u should go through the legal route of seeking redress in court .

From what I've observed thus far, Chioma made a post that the man found to be defamatory to his business brand and he wrote a petition for the police to prosecute her for criminal defamation ( I may be wrong , but this is what I think happened)

Now from that man's video I watched in which he claimed he stepped in to have things between Chioma and the erisco man resolved out of court, it appears the erisco man agreed with that and wanted Chioma to write an apology so he can tell police to withdraw the case.

Obviously Chioma left the police detention and Effiong being a human rights lawyer advised her not to abide by the police station agreement because the initial detention was illegal and even the agreement they had was illegal cos she was under duress.

Effiong proceeded to obtain a court order to bar the police from further arresting Chioma on the same issue in November 2023 but Nigerian police acting true to character refused to obey that court order.

All of these boils down to lawlessness that is prevalent in Nigeria . Even people who stole billions of naira in this country go from their home to go for hearing . As we speak Fayose has a 6.9 billion case against him by EFCC for stealing public funds that should've been put to public use and he's going about his day to day normal life.

If the Nigerian police has a criminal case against the Chioma lady for defaming Erisco foods, they should prosecute her while she goes to court from her home . The company has a right to test their case in court . Since the man has said he will rather die than let her go , then let him do things the right way instead of Nigerian police acting as tho they have more power than a law court

From what I know about the case, the case is actually in a federal court in Abuja.

All these would've been resolved if she had just agreed with the resolution they made in front of her lawyer in the first place and the issued would've died down.

Posting the apology letter on Facebook is just to give back the company the credibility that she throws to the mud when she said the product is killing people.

Nigeria is just a funny place because the police is constitutionally back to make arrest and detain people. Section 373 of the criminal code treats defamation as a criminal offense if the matter is likely to injure the reputation of any person by exposing the person to hatred, contempt or ridicule, or likely to damage any person in his or her profession or trade by injury to his reputation.

The above clearly gives the police the power to arrest and detain her and then charge her to court. But then our judiciary are used to grant useless orders. Imagine a court of law granting an order that's stoppin the police from carrying out arrest of a suspect in a criminal offense who jumped bail? Its the same way that PH high court stopped EFCC from ever arresting or prosecuting Peter Odili.

The moment you jump bail, it's a different matter entirely. The fact of the case has been relegated to start talking about illegal detention from police and all that.

This matter would've been resolved since last year September but then 6 months later, shes still running kitikiti while pursuing a case in a federal court while those edging her own are in their house using her to chase clout online.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 12:39pm On Apr 01
izzou:

Criticism at its finest
She didn't use the word killing.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:41pm On Apr 01
Ibime:

Calm down guy. If you want toast this babe, mention her on another thread abeg. What is this epistle? cheesy cheesy
Hehehehe
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:47pm On Apr 01
larride:

From what I know about the case, the case is actually in a federal court in Abuja.

All these would've been resolved if she had just agreed with the resolution they made in front of her lawyer in the first place and the issued would've died down.

Posting the apology letter on Facebook is just to give back the company the credibility that she throws to the mud when she said the product is killing people.

Nigeria is just a funny place because the police is constitutionally back to make arrest and detain people. Section 373 of the criminal code treats defamation as a criminal offense if the matter is likely to injure the reputation of any person by exposing the person to hatred, contempt or ridicule, or likely to damage any person in his or her profession or trade by injury to his reputation.

The above clearly gives the police the power to arrest and detain her and then charge her to court. But then our judiciary are used to grant useless orders. Imagine a court of law granting an order that's stoppin the police from carrying out arrest of a suspect in a criminal offense who jumped bail? Its the same way that PH high court stopped EFCC from ever arresting or prosecuting Peter Odili.

The moment you jump bail, it's a different matter entirely. The fact of the case has been relegated to start talking about illegal detention from police and all that.

This matter would've been resolved since last year September but then 6 months later, shes still running kitikiti while pursuing a case in a federal court while those edging her own are in their house using her to chase clout online.

Did the Nigerian law say if a person jumps bail the police can detain u illegally ? If the police would not obey a court order, then what law are they relying on to claim they are maintaining "law" and order?

When u say jump bail what do u mean? Did the case come up in court and the lady refused to appear at the hearing?

Court pronouncements in themselves are laws. Why is nobody hounding Peter Odili u mentioned after a court order barred the security agencies from arresting or prosecuting him?

The thing is in Nigeria we let emotions take the better of us and we tend to argue in favour of what side of the divide that favors us.

The man has a case of criminal defamation he wants the police to pursue on his behalf . Fine! The offence is bailable; Fine! Let the man and his company mount pressure on the police to accelerate the court to hear the case while the lady goes to the hearing from her home anytime the case comes up.

The police don't have powers to just lock someone up indefinitely when a judge has barred them from doing so. It is simply illegal. But I understand this is Nigeria tho.

U are right the lady had a chance to let the things go the Nigerian way by apologizing, but since she declined to that offer it doesn't necessarily mean she should now be detained illegally na.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:52pm On Apr 01
Ellexy:

Okay oh.

I really hope she has enough in her arsenal to defend herself in a real court, not X

She does not have the product. Heck, she has no record or memory of where she bought or got it from. But she used it, and it had only sugar ba?

She already boxed herself to a corner, and i believe the court will use her as an example.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chidekings(m): 1:00pm On Apr 01
larride:

The truth is that, this matter would've been settled if Iniehebe wasn't involved in the matter. The same letter of apology that the man talked on in that video is the same one that Iniehebe said Chioma wrote under duress.

no one should have mercy on that chioma.....after everything u agreed to write an apology on your wall so the matter dies a natural death.....but as soon as she was released,she refused to do all she agreed at the police station,which makes the man to assume someone is using her to bring his company down....man is just fighting for the integrity of his business.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 1:02pm On Apr 01
izzou:

Okay oh.

I really hope she has enough in her arsenal to defend herself in a real court, not X

She does not have the product. Heck, she has no record or memory of where she bought or got it from. But she used it, and it had only sugar ba?

She already boxed herself to a corner, and i believe the court will use her as an example.
We'll see
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:02pm On Apr 01
BlueRayDick:

Did the Nigerian law say if a person jumps bail the police can detain u illegally ? If the police would not obey a court order, then what law are they relying to claim they are maintaining "law" and order?

When u say jump bail what do u mean? Did the case come up in court and the lady refused to appear at the hearing?

Court pronouncements in themselves are laws. Why is nobody hounding Peter Odili u mentioned after a court order barred the security agencies from arresting or prosecuting him?

The thing is in Nigeria we let emotions take the better of us and we tend to argue in favour of what side of the divide that favors us.

The man has a case of criminal defamation he wants the police to pursue on his behalf . Fine! The offence is bailable; Fine! Let the man and his company mount pressure on the police to accelerate the court to hear the case while the lady goes to the hearing from her home anytime the case comes up.

The police don't have powers to just look someone up indefinitely when a judge has barred them from doing so. It is simply illegal. But I understand this is Nigeria tho.

U are right the lady had a chance to let the things go the Nigerian way by apologizing, but since she declined to that offer it doesn't necessarily mean she should now be detained illegally na.

This is exactly I was saying up there. When did the police detain her illegally? That's where we should start from? From my knowledge of the fact of the case, the lady was only detained when the man went to the police to sue her for defamation.

Dont forget that the police cant detain you for 48hrs before charging you to court or releasing on bail, if you are released on bail, you are bound to always honor the police invitation?

Again the case is in court in Abuja and it is Chioma, her lawyers and influencers on Twitter that are bullying the company online.

From when she was granted bail at the police station till now, the lady hasn't been arrested or detained by the police. The only time the police tried to rearrest her was in Jan and which wasn't successful. I hope you know that jumping bail can lead yo additional criminal charge of obstruction of justice?

The only time the police detained her was when the matter was first brought to the police and she was granted bail and released for them to go settle the matter amicably before our human rights activist turn the whole matter into something else.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 1:03pm On Apr 01
Omo.

I don confuse sef.

Is A 40 different from A 001 abi they are one and the same person?? ??
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:06pm On Apr 01
chidekings:
no one should have mercy on that chioma.....after everything u agreed to write an apology on your wall so the matter dies a natural death.....but as soon as she was released,she refused to do all she agreed at the police station,which makes the man to assume someone is using her to bring his company down....man is just fighting for the integrity of his business.

It's a no brainer.

Nobody will sit idle by and watch someone ruin their company with lies and then resort to bullying of both the company and the police to evade facing consequences.

The funny thing was that she actually posted the apology letter on her wall before she deleted it and her new lawyer who wasn't there when they agreement and resolution was made in the first place said she wrote the apology under duress.

Lol. Duress my ass. When they use her for their own agenda finish, her eyes will clear.

The case carry a 7yrs jail time, I hope and pray that she has all evidence to protect herself or else...

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 1:14pm On Apr 01
larride:
They are different.

One is the custodian of Otem Atum while the other is an Arsenal turned Bayern supporter. cheesy

Oh...

Thank you... the A and 0 in their names have me thinking it's the same person.

I thought it was 001 and I responded enthusiastically. Tch.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:16pm On Apr 01
Ellexy:

grin

.....so until its spelt out ABC before you admit the context?! LOL!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:24pm On Apr 01
larride:

This is exactly I was saying up there. When did the police detain her illegally? That's where we should start from? From my knowledge of the fact of the case, the lady was only detained when the man went to the police to sue her for defamation.

Dont forget that the police cant detain you for 48hrs before charging you to court or releasing on bail, if you are released on bail, you are bound to always honor the police invitation?

Again the case is in court in Abuja and it is Chioma, her lawyers and influencers on Twitter that are bullying the company online.

From when she was granted bail at the police station till now, the lady hasn't been arrested or detained by the police. The only time the police tried to rearrest her was in Jan and which wasn't successful. I hope you know that jumping bail can lead yo additional criminal charge of obstruction of justice?

The only time the police detained her was when the matter was first brought to the police and she was granted bail and released for them to go settle the matter amicably before our human rights activist turn the whole matter into something else.

Okay let me break it down again for u.

1. Chioma was arrested in Spetember on a Sunday and released on Tuesday. That's definitely not 48 hours legally allowed for the police to detain a suspect. That's illegality number 1 from the Nigerian police.

2. Chioma's lawyers obviously advised her that her fundamental human rights was trampled upon by the police and she has a right to seek redress in court and also jettison whatever agreement she consented to under duress while in detention

3. Her legal team got a court order that barred the police from further arresting her in November, but didn't stop the police from instituting any legal action against her. Why did the police sought to arrest her in January if not that they enjoy so much impunity and people always clap them on? Can the police not proceed to arraign her for criminal defamation and now wait for her to either appear or not appear in court?

4. Yes the lady and her legal team instituted a civil case against the Erisco man but it does not stop the police from going ahead with the criminal case against her. Neither did any law say she must be in police custody before they try her for criminal defamtion.

The thing is if people decide to put their emotions aside, they will see the case for what it is. Aside from the fact that the man feels his company's reputation is at stake; he also feels his ego is being bruised. It's no surprise tho cos most Nigerians with money (and even those without moeny but ego) would feel same way in his shoes as typical naija big man.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:31pm On Apr 01
OasisX:

grin

.....so until its spelt out ABC before you admit the context?! LOL!

You should read between the lines. She meant kissing not killing. She accused him of sexual assault, not murder.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:37pm On Apr 01
afrodoc2:

You should read between the lines. She meant kissing not killing. She accused him of sexual assault, not murder.

grin

........well, I thought its kicking, using the product to committing battery. LOL!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4500) (4501) (4502) (4503) (4504) (4505) (4506) ... (4707) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: popizaino(m), afrodoc2, Roland17(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.