Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? (53205 Views)

4 Signals A Friendship Has Gone Wrong (and What To Do Next) / Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. / What Is D Best Way To Reply/accept A Friendship Request From A Girl 2ru Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Phate07(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2011
What is the difference between a relationship and a friendship?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by claremont(m): 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2011
Good question! I will like to know the difference as well angry.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2011
^^Prof, you jus dey vex today, wetin happen? grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by MrCork17: 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2011
A relationship is a friendship without relationing the friendship in both areas divided by 2. Clear? angry
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Mynd44: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2011
Same story different versions
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by 195(f): 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2011
Mr, Cork:

A relationship is a friendship without relationing the friendship in both areas divided by 2. Clear? angry

Gbam!!
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by livedit(f): 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2011
I agree with Mr, Cork and Mynd_44. Both relay the same meaning. A friendship is a relationship and a relationship is a friendship. You can't have one without the other.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Phate07(m): 3:49pm On Jul 22, 2011

A relationship infers that a closer bonding is in place than could be possible with mere friendship.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by iice(f): 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2011
Mynd_44:

Same story different versions
Gbam.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Odunharry(m): 12:46am On Jul 23, 2011
iice:

Gbam.
abi
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 23, 2011
Relationship as in an intimate one?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Fulllips(f): 1:20am On Jul 23, 2011
A "friend" is a classification of a relationship. So they are intrinsically interconnected. But the boundaries of a relationship are dictated by those who are in that relationship. So I might say that I have a relationship with my uncle; an uncle-neice relationship. But its not the same type of relationship I share with a lover.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Kgdavid(m): 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2011
very basic question, answers seem blurred by perceptions and misconceptions. there are different kinds of relationships of which friendship is one. now if ur talkin bout the difference between romantic relationships and friendship then simply put friendship is one of the components of a romantic relationship. for those who say its the same thing here's a question for you, are you in a relationship(romantic) with your best friend of the same sex?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by YoruIgbo(m): 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2011
Mathematically, F(x) = Friendship Type, where x = relationship  grin grin

For example is relationship = bedmatics then the friendship can be described as 'boyfriend or girlfried' but if relationship has no intimate content then friendship will be just friends or my friend

Also if relationship involves one party spending money on the other, it could be described as 'My Mugu' 'My Alhaji', 'Aristo', sugar daddy etc

Remember Police is your friend but in the case the relationship is of one party giving bribe and the other party accepting without doing any work other than slapping and harrassing you if you don't co-operate

if you tell me what the relationship is then factor it into the equation above and you can get the type of friendship. I hope this is clear

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Baawaa(m): 2:02pm On Jul 23, 2011
By definition, a friendship is a relationship. but i am going to assume that you mean a relationship as in a friendship with physical attraction.
The boundaries of a relationship are dictated by peoples personal boundaries. some people would consider a fully sexual relationship the norm, and some would say it is a physical friendship with no sex. Others of course would say a relationship includes Swinging, orgies or open relationships. The boundaries are set by all the people in the relationship. There is no right of wrong as long as everyone is happy and the law is followed!
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by yusuf2(m): 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2011
Phate07:

What is the difference between a relationship and a friendship?
Guy, Friendship is a type of relationship: It's like asking "what is the difference between Rice and Food ?" . Duh
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by graluxxy054(f): 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2011
Friendship is a kind of relationship. I dont no why guys dont want 2b just frends wen de meet a gal. They want somtin more dan dat witout takin tins slowly.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Canisma(m): 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2011
Taking this from the point of male/female angle, friendship refers to ones that involve just either intimate and/or material gains without any serious future plans between the two BUT in the case of relationships, both parties, though may still be involved in intimate and material gains, would be bonded by a plan to become future partners together. This explains why many girls in naija dont save thier friend's(male) number with thier names but rather will mark it with the last digit, say 2 6 or 3 3. Then for thier relationship partners, you see "my love, honey, desire,sweetness" etc. So now u know the difference, CANISMA
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2011
Friendship is a form of relationship.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by talktrue1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2011
Simply put: Relationship is a superior part of friendship
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Idrizzle(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2011
A relationship is a friendship with strings & emotions attached while a friendship is a relationship with no strings attached.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2011
^^^^ I don't think relationship is superior. I think relationship encompasses all.

You can be related to people through many ways, through friendship, sexual involvement or having an affair, Marriage,blood connect (family),kinship,etc.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by ronkebp(f): 2:44pm On Jul 23, 2011
yusuf_@:

Guy, Friendship is a type of relationship: It's like asking "what is the difference between Rice and Food ?" . Duh

yeah, you are very right, friendship and relationship are related. Relationship is the grandfather, it is a relation between two people, it could also be an emotional connexction between two peolpe or the connection could be by blood, business deals, etc

Friendship is a feeling of comfort and emotional safety with a person. It is when you do not have to weigh your thoughts and measure words, before keeping it forth before your friend. It is when someone knows you better than yourself and assures to be your side in every emotional crisis. It is when you can sleep fighting and get another morning with a better understanding. Friendship is much beyond roaming together and sharing good moments, it is when someone comes to rescue you from the worst phase of life. Friendship is eternal.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Joe50(m): 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2011
A Relationship = sex kiss
A Friendship = no sex tongue
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by japhet2233: 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2011
relationship = sex there is no how a guy will in a relationship wont have sex
friendship =kpam kpam golo playing and shearing idea with no sex

friends dont have sex
relations as to do with sex
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by alfredo4u(m): 3:38pm On Jul 23, 2011
Lets stop deceiving ourselves,
friendship and relationship can not stand without SEX ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

e b like say una get girls wey una wan deceive ko!
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by BABE3: 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2011
A friendship is a type of relationship. Every constant interaction/connection we make with people/animals/things is a relationship; be it good or bad, Significant or Significant.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Andrew3(m): 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2011
diffrence btw relationship and friendship

relation ship
friend ship

relation and friend are the diffrence grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by rman: 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2011
::Andrew:::

diffrence btw relationship and friendship

relation ship
friend ship

relation and friend are the diffrence grin
Smart and funny
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by buy1get2(m): 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
honestly its all so naughty!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by finestiyke(m): 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2011
And diz rubbish made d Front Page
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Mcleo007(m): 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2011
Relationship is more exclusive than friendship. Arguably, both are similar in a sense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I May Ruin My Girlfriend's Life, If I Make A Mistake / Best Man Staring At New Couple As They Kiss (Photo) / My Boyfriend Impregnates Me And My Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.