Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results (45187 Views)

FG Releases Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools / JAMB: Galadima Zakari's 364, The True Highest Score In 2018 UTME / Is This The Highest Score So Far At The Ongoing Jamb?… Checkout This Jamb Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by dragunov: 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
Farid24224:

You know what? Just Bleep off dimwit!!

I pity those arguing with you..

Did I invite you before, dingbat?
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by ArewaNorth: 2:33pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ojuntana:

Marginalized by who? It's your quota system she's trying to beat Oga.

Marginalised by her kins. There are obvious reasons and some are so often debated. Attached are more of them.

Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Ojuntana: 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Marginalised by her kins. There are obvious reasons and some are so often debated. Attached are more of them.

It seems you have problem with comprehension. Where did you see marginalization in the tweets? They are talking about how a lot of Muslims in the SW abandon their religion for different reasons not marginalization.

To add to that, the lady in the subject matter is most probably a Christian since her name is Maryam. So is she also being "marginalized"?
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by aribisala0(m): 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ojuntana:

No. I strongly disagree! The question is not stupid. It is the recipient that is bereft of the least speck of human intelligence.
KC and QC have always been federal schools bequeathed by the colonialists. It's your ignorance which you're so ashamed to own up to that birthed your belligerence.
If we're to go with your logic that the number of schools determines who is responsible for what, then we can also say churches are actually responsible for secondary education since they actually own majority of schools.
States are responsible for secondary schools yet the exams for entrance into the schools are administered by a federal body. The exams for graduation from the schools are also administered by a federal body. Baba you dull no cap.
Whose responsibility is University education if I may ask? Maybe the African Union grin grin
KC and QC have not always been Federal. We have not always operated a "federal" system,
You have a logic and comprehension deficit.
The government is responsible for generating power but it cannot .Most of the power consumed in Nigeria is privately generated.
I said that there are over 10000 Schools in government hands at secondary level. The only secondary schools the FG has are Unity schools and military schools and that is less than 1% of government secondary schools.99% of government secondary schools in Nigeria are at the State level so it is obvious to any human with a brain whose responsibility secondary school education is
Finally all secondary schools in the private sector are LICENSED by state governments, REGULATED by state governments and SUPERVISED by state governments Secondary education is the business of the state governments . The Federal Government involvement is LESS THAN 1 % and for a very specific reason of diversity promotion. As such academic prowess alone cannot be the entry criteria. If people do not agree with the reason for setting up these schools they should say that and stop pretending to be victims
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by aribisala0(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ojuntana:

No. I strongly disagree! The question is not stupid. It is the recipient that is bereft of the least speck of human intelligence.
KC and QC have always been federal schools bequeathed by the colonialists. It's your ignorance which you're so ashamed to own up to that birthed your belligerence.
If we're to go with your logic that the number of schools determines who is responsible for what, then we can also say churches are actually responsible for secondary education since they actually own majority of schools.
States are responsible for secondary schools yet the exams for entrance into the schools are administered by a federal body. The exams for graduation from the schools are also administered by a federal body. Baba you dull no cap.
Whose responsibility is University education if I may ask? Maybe the African Union grin grin
What Federal body in Nigeria administers exams for entrance into STATE secondary schools or schools other than the UNITY SCHOOLS

What federal body administers exams for graduation from secondary schools in Nigeria?

What is the name of the Exam?
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Ojuntana: 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
aribisala0:
What Federal body in Nigeria administers exams for entrance into STATE secondary schools or schools other than the UNITY SCHOOLS

What federal body administers exams for graduation from secondary schools in Nigeria?

What is the name of the Exam?

NCEE administers exams for entrance into secondary schools in Nigeria. NCEE is a federal body.

WAEC, NECO, JAMB, NABTEB administers exams fro graduation from secondary schools in Nigeria. They are all federal bodies

The name of the exams are SSCE, UTME and Technical and Business Exams
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by aribisala0(m): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ojuntana:

NCEE administers exams for entrance into secondary schools in Nigeria. NCEE is a federal body.

WAEC, NECO, JAMB, NABTEB administers exams fro graduation from secondary schools in Nigeria. They are all federal bodies

The name of the exams are SSCE, UTME and Technical and Business Exams
NCEE administers Exams for entrance into state secondary schools? Since when?
JAMB is an exam for graduation from secondary schools in Nigeria Since When.
So If I complete my secondary education and decide to continue my education in Afghanistan I can show them my JAMB result? Evidence of secondary school graduation is JAMB RESULT?
WAEC is a Federal body ? Since when?
NECO is not compulsory
Overall everything you have to say is rubbish
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Ojuntana: 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
aribisala0:

KC and QC have not always been Federal. We have not always operated a "federal" system,
You have a logic and comprehension deficit.
The government is responsible for generating power but it cannot .Most of the power consumed in Nigeria is privately generated.
I said that there are over 10000 Schools in government hands at secondary level. The only secondary schools the FG has are Unity schools and military schools and that is less than 1% of government secondary schools.99% of government secondary schools in Nigeria are at the State level so it is obvious to any human with a brain whose responsibility secondary school education is
Finally all secondary schools in the private sector are LICENSED by state governments, REGULATED by state governments and SUPERVISED by state governments Secondary education is the business of the state governments . The Federal Government involvement is LESS THAN 1 % and for a very specific reason of diversity promotion. As such academic prowess alone cannot be the entry criteria. If people do not agree with the reason for setting up these schools they should say that and stop pretending to be victims

You're an ignoramus. When did we not operate a federal govt? From 1909 till 1966 when the military took over, which region or province was in charge of KC and QC. From 1966 till now, which state is in charge of both schools. You're just an ignoramus.
Education whether primary or secondary is in the concurrent list of the Constitution. Why exactly do we have a Federal Ministry of Education which supervises NERC which in turns provides the syllabus being used by all secondary schools in Nigeria? Why don't the states have their own SERC to determine their syllabuses. The 6-3-3-4 Educational system is promulgated by who? State or federal?
You're just arguing blindly. It was under Ezekwesili as Minister of Education that the FG ceded control of primary and secondary schools to States and even attempted doing same with the so-called Unity schools in case you're not aware. She was the one who came up with the idea and at a point, wanted the old students association of those schools to take over the running of the school. She actually did that with QC.
Your statistics is also very wrong. You're assuming there are only one per state which is not exactly the case. It is just like claiming that road safety is the business of the Federal govt alone simply because we have more FRSC outposts than state traffic agencies. Baba you are capping nonsense seh!!
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Ojuntana: 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
aribisala0:

NCEE administers Exams for entrance into state secondary schools? Since when?
JAMB is an exam for graduation from secondary schools in Nigeria Since When.
So If I complete my secondary education and decide to continue my education in Afghanistan I can show them my JAMB result? Evidence of secondary school graduation is JAMB RESULT?
WAEC is a Federal body ? Since when?
NECO is not compulsory
Overall everything you have to say is rubbish

You're still an ignoramus. State secondary schools also use NCEE results for placement especially the government colleges.
You can only write Jamb if you have WAEC or NECO. You can only write WAEC or NECO SSCE if you are a final year student of a secondary school. If you do not have WAEC or NECO, it is as if you did not attend secondary school to all intents and purposes.
Lol. Who told you NECO is not compulsory. Abeg, which year are we?
How do you show you have completed your secondary education when you get to Afghanistan? Lemme guess. You'll take your school uniforms with you? grin grin grin

Oh and here is a link for FGC ogbomoso website. Check and see if the school vision and mission is to unify the students from all states of Nigeria or to provide the best quality secondary education. I attended a Unity school so I know what I'm talking about. Unity schools basically have merit list before they delve into quota list which you think is the alpha and omega of the school
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by aribisala0(m): 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ojuntana:

You're an ignoramus. When did we not operate a federal govt? From 1909 till 1966 when the military took over, which region or province was in charge of KC and QC. From 1966 till now, which state is in charge of both schools. You're just an ignoramus.
Education whether primary or secondary is in the concurrent list of the Constitution. Why exactly do we have a Federal Ministry of Education which supervises NERC which in turns provides the syllabus being used by all secondary schools in Nigeria? Why don't the states have their own SERC to determine their syllabuses. The 6-3-3-4 Educational system is promulgated by who? State or federal?
You're just arguing blindly. It was under Ezekwesili as Minister of Education that the FG ceded control of primary and secondary schools to States and even attempted doing same with the so-called Unity schools in case you're not aware. She was the one who came up with the idea and at a point, wanted the old students association of those schools to take over the running of the school. She actually did that with QC.
Your statistics is also very wrong. You're assuming there are only one per state which is not exactly the case. It is just like claiming that road safety is the business of the Federal govt alone simply because we have more FRSC outposts than state traffic agencies. Baba you are capping nonsense seh!!
Total blockhead
1909? Did Nigeria exist in 1909?
Nigeria was not a federal republic at independence. That only came later
Kings College was established by an Act of the British Parliament.
It is clear you have nothing to say and want to divert attention from your earlier gaffe.

The reality is that apart from KC and QC the Federal Goverment created ALL the UNITY colleges after the war and they ALL share the same Motto
Pro Unitate = FOR UNITY
Your efforts to change topic are as transparent as they are childish

Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by aribisala0(m): 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2022
The schools were created for that reason and there is no pretending or denying
THAT IS THE MOTTO

PRO UNITATE = FOR UNITY

The vision that people from different backgrounds would come together to study together and enhance knowledge of each other
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Ojuntana: 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2022
aribisala0:

Total blockhead
1909? Did Nigeria exist in 1909?
Nigeria was not a federal republic at independence. That only came later
Kings College was established by an Act of the British Parliament.
It is clear you have nothing to say and want to divert attention from your earlier gaffe.

The reality is that apart from KC and QC the Federal Goverment created ALL the UNITY colleges after the war and they ALL share the same Motto
Pro Unitate = FOR UNITY
Your efforts to change topic are as transparent as they are childish
Who said anything about when Nigeria started to exist? KC was founded in 1909 and has always been owned by the central or federal govt whichever you choose to call it.

You're still not answering the simple question. Were KC and QC ever regional schools before 1970s? At least Nigeria became a republic in 1963 with 3 regions. Were both schools owned by the SW regional government then or the Federal Government?

Nobody is arguing about when they were created. The faulty narrative you're trying to push is that they were not created to meet required educational standard but were created for a national owambe where Adamu with ajami Hausa, Chinedu with nzogbu Igbo language and Seyi with his iseese Yoruba will come to play together. Therefore, the national cut off had to be as low as possible to accommodate all of them. That is a capital lie. Most FGCs had higher academic standards and even admission requirements than their state counterparts. That is a fact you can check anywhere, anytime.

Your second point is that if we want them to have high academic standards, we should hand them over to the states whose business is secondary education in the first place. Another capital lie!! Education generally is on the concurrent list. If the FG so desires, it can open primary schools and even creches. No law or statutes bar them from doing so. Their limited involvement in secondary education is simply a matter of choice via education policy and not a force by reason of any existing law. Kapisch?!!
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Ojuntana: 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2022
aribisala0:
The schools were created for that reason and there is no pretending or denying
THAT IS THE MOTTO

PRO UNITATE = FOR UNITY

The vision that people from different backgrounds would come together to study together and enhance knowledge of each other

KC motto is SPERO LUCEM. Does that mean it does not want to be a centre of academic excellence? You're just clutching at straws. Secondary schools for national owambe grin grin grin Dude!!
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Grandemperor(m): 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
true2god:
So in this case the Igbos are the Caucasians and the Hausas are the black dudes? Which school in the US does a black dude need to score 10% of the total mark and get admitted with Affirmative action? Mention 1 school abeg.
:...............
Hey Guy, just mentioned the California case. As a matter of course, all predominantly white schools. It hits more for the Native Americans. There are many scholarships across board too; but they hardly use them. Americans, black and white want to take on professional courses or sports, more than anything else. So, the foreigners rush to get those nonprofessional courses. It was so in the late 1970s that most of the PhD students in the biomedical sciences in UAB, University of Alabama, Birmingham were disproportionately 100% Indians and other Asians. No, the Igbos do not represent the Caucasians in all cadres in Nigeria.
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by aribisala0(m): 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ojuntana:

You're still an ignoramus. State secondary schools also use NCEE results for placement especially the government colleges.
You can only write Jamb if you have WAEC or NECO. You can only write WAEC or NECO SSCE if you are a final year student of a secondary school. If you do not have WAEC or NECO, it is as if you did not attend secondary school to all intents and purposes.
Lol. Who told you NECO is not compulsory. Abeg, which year are we?
How do you show you have completed your secondary education when you get to Afghanistan? Lemme guess. You'll take your school uniforms with you? grin grin grin

Oh and here is a link for FGC ogbomoso website. Check and see if the school vision and mission is to unify the students from all states of Nigeria or to provide the best quality secondary education. I attended a Unity school so I know what I'm talking about. Unity schools basically have merit list before they delve into quota list which you think is the alpha and omega of the school
Weak watery bluff
Name one state that uses federal common entrance for admission .Just one

You are a bloody liar

JAMB is not a graduation from secondary school in Nigeria. Not everyone wants to go to a JAMB taking University
NDA does not use JAMB does it?
NECO is not compulsory
All federal schools have the same Motto PRO UNITATE which will tell you about their history
They do not have Merit list before delving into quota. The criteria are pre-determined and set a priori
I never expressed any beliefs about quota just the facts as they are
National Merit
State Quota
Environmental quota
etc
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Grandemperor(m): 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2022
sulaak:

Not the same...

The Whites are the majority, they have dominated the political and economic landscape for all USA's existence, hence the introduction of the Affirmative Action Program to support disadvantaged minorities

Northern Nigerians especially Fulani elites and the Hausa are considered the joint largest ethnic group (subject to debate), they dominate the political and economic landscape and yet are disadvantaged.
It has got nothing to do with population size. Access, opportunity and power play the main roles. If you check, you'll see that the recent arrivals in the USA have more PhDs than the earlier arrivals, but the children of the 1970s generation are more into sports and entertainment. Just as you wrongly indicated, the Hausa may be more in population than the Fulani but the latter may have greater access to political power and education.
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Grandemperor(m): 4:48pm On Jun 23, 2022
Bbbwings:

Affirmative action has no place in a country like Nigeria. Were Northerners ever subjugated people by other Nigerians? Contrarily, they have almost always directed the affairs of this country.
You are conflating disparate issues. The North has characteristically grasped political power due to the ideological pertinence of honour and respect for leadership... In the same trajectory, the academic and educational perspective of Affirmative Action comes to play, as it is realised that there is hardly a Northern professor in UNN, IMSU, EBSU, etc. but the Southerners abound in the North.
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by ajumma(m): 4:48pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ojuntana:

There are some lies in this your post which usually happens when you're using propaganda to push a certain narrative.

Your No 2 is a lie. There are 3 deputy governors in the South that are Muslims. Lagos, Oyo, Ogun.
No 3. North has 3 Christian governors not 4. Benue, Plateau, Taraba.
4. Also false. Only 4 states have Christian deputy gov in the North. Plateau, Benue, Kogi and Kwara.
You can change 5 and 6 to meet there new facts

so Gombe, Adamawa & Nassarawa deputies are muslims?
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Grandemperor(m): 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2022
SmartyPants:

So affirmative action was overturned by the Court, thus defeating your premise that it is done all over the world. That is to say, it may be done, but without a basis in legality.
You may be looking at both legitimacy and legality with a tinge of moral placement. The plaintiff believed his score were too good for him to be sacrificed on the alter of upgrading the cultural and educational entity of an ostensibly disadvantaged class in Medicine. They both retained places as medical students in California that same academic year. The plaint by the Caucasian was not about Affirmative Action per se, but his inalienable or fundamental rights(?) as a deserving student not to undeservedly sacrifice his place for another, personally.
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by aribisala0(m): 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ojuntana:

KC motto is SPERO LUCEM. Does that mean it does not want to be a centre of academic excellence? You're just clutching at straws. Secondary schools for national owambe grin grin grin Dude!!
Exactly my point KC was acquired by the FG along with QC because they were in Lagos but they along with the other Government Colleges of the Time Government College Ibadan, Ughelli, Umuahia etc were creations of the British Government
The Other Government Colleges were handed over to the regions and or states While KC and QC were added to the FG portfolio along with the other Unity Colleges but those two schools have had more autonomy in retaining their original names and more input from their alummi

Your fixation on KC is amusing . Nice try Desperate to change subject which is

Unity schools except KC and QC were ALL Founded after the war FOR UNITY= PRO UNITATE

KC is one of more than 100 UNITY schools and they were all created after the Civil war
ALL OF THEM WITH THE SAME MOTTO

100 schools with the same Motto Pro Unitate = For Unitate tells it all
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by aribisala0(m): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ojuntana:

Name one state that uses the Federal common entrance for admission?
WAEC is not a Federal body?
JAMB is not a graduation exam
NECO is not compulsory
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Ojuntana: 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
ajumma:

so Gombe, Adamawa & Nassarawa deputies are muslims?

Okay. That's still seven not eight
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Ojuntana: 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
aribisala0:
Exactly my point KC was acquired by the FG along with QC because they were in Lagos but they along with the other Government Colleges of the Time Government College Ibadan, Ughelli, Umuahia etc were creations of the British Government
The Other Government Colleges were handed over to the regions and or states While KC and QC were added to the FG portfolio along with the other Unity Colleges but those two schools have had more autonomy in retaining their original names and more input from their alummi

Your fixation on KC is amusing . Nice try Desperate to change subject which is

Unity schools except KC and QC were ALL Founded after the war FOR UNITY= PRO UNITATE

KC is one of more than 100 UNITY schools and they were all created after the Civil war
ALL OF THEM WITH THE SAME MOTTO

100 schools with the same Motto Pro Unitate = For Unitate tells it all

One wonders what your fixation with the motto is all about. The question which point you've been trying to make is that, do the so-called unity schools admit students purely based on quota and federal character? The question is a blatant NO!!

The schools usually first have a merit list for admissions. After comes the quota list, and last the principal's (discretionary list). So your claim that Unity schools have very low standards so as to meet quota for every state is a profound lie. I can assure you that most unity schools actually reflect their location. Most unity schools in SW have a preponderance of Yoruba students etc. It's same with Federal Universities. There is a list for quota in Federal universities in case you're not aware but that has never reduced their admission requirements. They still have more stringent requirements than state universities.
I attended KC which is why I know they don't reduce cutoff in those days just to cater for some quota. This quota bullshit is a recent development that needs to be trashed.
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Ojuntana: 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
aribisala0:
Name one state that uses the Federal common entrance for admission?
WAEC is not a Federal body?
JAMB is not a graduation exam
NECO is not compulsory

A good number. Oyo state does. Same with Ogun.

WAEC is a federal body in the eyes of Nigerian law. It has a national committee that caters for the peculiarities of Nigeria and they are supervised by the Federal Ministry of Education.
Jamb is an exam that is written by graduates of secondary schools. If you do not possess secondary school certificate, you can't write Jamb true or not?
NECO is now compulsory in schools. Go and find out. It was made compulsory during the Jonathan era I think
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by sulaak(m): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2022
Not the same...

The Whites are the majority, they have dominated the political and economic landscape for all USA's existence, hence the introduction of the Affirmative Action Program to support disadvantaged minorities

Northern Nigerians especially Fulani elites and the Hausa are considered the joint largest ethnic group (subject to debate), they dominate the political and economic landscape and yet are disadvantaged.

Grandemperor:

It has got nothing to do with population size. Access, opportunity and power play the main roles. If you check, you'll see that the recent arrivals in the USA have more PhDs than the earlier arrivals, but the children of the 1970s generation are more into sports and entertainment. Just as you wrongly indicated, the Hausa may be more in population than the Fulani but the latter may have greater access to political power and education.

I also said that the Whites have dominated the political and economic landscape. Black Americans have been placed at a cultural and economic disadvantage, that is hard to escape.
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by aribisala0(m): 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ojuntana:

A good number. Oyo state does. Same with Ogun.

WAEC is a federal body in the eyes of Nigerian law. It has a national committee that caters for the peculiarities of Nigeria and they are supervised by the Federal Ministry of Education.
Jamb is an exam that is written by graduates of secondary schools. If you do not possess secondary school certificate, you can't write Jamb true or not?
NECO is now compulsory in schools. Go and find out. It was made compulsory during the Jonathan era I think
Evidence?

WAEC is not a federal body. Which law
Tell us the Act establishing WAEC?
The Federal Government supervises Zenith bank that does not make Zenith a Federal body
Not all graduates write JAMB only those that want to go to JAMB universities. You do not need it for NDA or as evidence that you went to secondary school
You can write JAMB 20 years after leaving secondary school.
NECO is not compulsory. What is the consequence of not taking NECO and taking only WAEC?
Actually Many if not most people writing JAMB for the first time do not have a secondary school certificate. They take JAMB at an earlier date.
I do not think I have met anyone that says as much rubbish as you
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by aribisala0(m): 5:51pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ojuntana:

One wonders what your fixation with the motto is all about. The question which point you've been trying to make is that, do the so-called unity schools admit students purely based on quota and federal character? The question is a blatant NO!!

The schools usually first have a merit list for admissions. After comes the quota list, and last the principal's (discretionary list). So your claim that Unity schools have very low standards so as to meet quota for every state is a profound lie. I can assure you that most unity schools actually reflect their location. Most unity schools in SW have a preponderance of Yoruba students etc. It's same with Federal Universities. There is a list for quota in Federal universities in case you're not aware but that has never reduced their admission requirements. They still have more stringent requirements than state universities.
I attended KC which is why I know they don't reduce cutoff in those days just to cater for some quota. This quota bullshit is a recent development that needs to be trashed.
You did not attend KC you are a liar
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by aribisala0(m): 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ojuntana:

Do you have any evidence that I have been trying to make the point that admission is purely based on quota?
Provide a quote to substantiate this
Again you claim I said the schools have low standards ........
Can you substantiate this claim with evidence
Through and through you are a liar

This is untrue I have said no such thing .That is your own fantasy.
The Motto issue is simple
There is no where anywhere in the world that over 100 schools have the same Motto.
That is the case with the Unity Schools which were created after the war. You said they were not another of your lies
So the only exception is KC and QC which were not creations of the Federal Government. All the rest are and the Motto is important because of its meaning

PRO UNITATE
=
FOR UNITY

That is why the schools were created purportedly
King's College is Unique in the sense that it is the ONLY one that is Boy's only which is a legacy of its creation history
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by SmartyPants(m): 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2022
Grandemperor:

You may be looking at both legitimacy and legality with a tinge of moral placement. The plaintiff believed his score were too good for him to be sacrificed on the alter of upgrading the cultural and educational entity of an ostensibly disadvantaged class in Medicine. They both retained places as medical students in California that same academic year. The plaint by the Caucasian was not about Affirmative Action per se, but his inalienable or fundamental rights(?) as a deserving student not to undeservedly sacrifice his place for another, personally.

There's no way affirmative action can exist without some sacrifice of a meritorious student. By definition, affirmative action grants awards to people not academically deserving of them, which means someone academically deserving will lose a place.

So if we rely on the supreme court judgment in that case, every student who can show that he was more deserving of a place than an affirmative action designee, will win their case.

So in that case, if enough white students had protested, they would have all been let in, and the black student, eventually would have been dropped.
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by aribisala0(m): 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2022
SmartyPants:

There's no way affirmative action can exist without some sacrifice of a meritorious student. By definition, affirmative action grants awards to people not academically deserving of them, which means someone academically deserving will lose a place.

So if we rely on the supreme court judgment in that case, every student who can show that he was more deserving of a place than an affirmative action designee, will win their case.

So in that case, if enough white students had protested, they would have all been let in, and the black student, eventually would have been dropped.
"Academically deserving" is defined as ? A score on a test?
I am curious to hear how such a concept is to be defined and how a rating scale of deserving-ness is constructed
"Meritorious" is another interesting concept coming from a mindset that is made up and is just rationalizing or showing its working as it were .

JAMB Scores are no predictor of who will get a first class degree and a first class degree does not predict who will be the best architect
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by Shattuck(m): 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
Nasir123:

See, Tinubu is a Yoruba man. A Muslim. Those of us supporting him are not doing so because he is a Muslim. We're doing so because he had made alot of sacrifice and contribution politically.
Now if Tinubu (whose wife is a Christian) is now contesting,do you expect me to be doing the Muslim-Muslim thing you guys do just because he's picking a vise from the North? I wouldn't. Because we do not clamour for those things in the politics we do in our states.
We do not roll that way!

The North has a problem. But that problem will not define how the rest of us should think.

personally I don't have a problem with the Muslim Muslim ticket but you know why nigerians have a problem with it? It's not because of tinubu as a candidate or the Muslims in Yoruba land, it's more about how politicians have used islamic religion to advance certain sinister ideology either nepotism or jihad/ terrorism, and this evil movements were certainly not done by Yoruba Muslims or those in auchi in Edo state,but by the northern muslims, there is a difference between how the religion is practiced by northern Muslims an those in the south, I know If the reverse was the case a christian/Christian ticket the southern Muslims may not be that bothered by it, but you know most definitely the northern Muslims would never let it happen,you know that.
Re: Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results by SmartyPants(m): 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2022
aribisala0:
"Academically deserving" is defined as ? A score on a test?
I am curious to hear how such a concept is to be defined and how a rating scale of deserving-ness is constructed
"Meritorious" is another interesting concept coming from a mindset that is made up and is just rationalizing or showing its working as it were .

JAMB Scores are no predictor of who will get a first class degree and a first class degree does not predict who will be the best architect

Yes, rightly or wrongly, the system relies on testing and examinations. You can argue about whether it is right to wrong but it is what it is until it is changed. So you can only argue that the entire system should change, not that one set of kids should simply be exempt from its requirements.

Kids go through 6 years of learning where the system says you have to make good grades to move on. You can't wait till the finish line ( common entrance/WAEC/ etc) to then challenge the system and substitute it with nothing at all.

Because it is not as though these kids with lower scores are being assessed by a different means so as to prove their true academic merit. They are being assessed in the same way just by a lower standard.

So at least for high performers we can point to their test scores as some proof of their merit. What can we point to for the others??

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Aisha Balarabe Bawa's Thesis Plagiarized By Amos Ngaruiya, A Kenyan Lecturer / Ibu Faith Graduates With Distinction In MSc From University Of Bedfordshire, UK / Five FUTA Students Beat A Female Student For 'Running Her Mouth'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.