Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage (41117 Views)

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village / My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Born2winnx: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.

202 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Jamahyel(m): 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
Listen to your friend .

403 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by cavreek: 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
OP, use ur head wether or not she has already introduced u to her family it doesn't sound right. It could be that she wants to fast track her plans

137 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Zonefree(m): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
Don't fall for that cheap manipulation from her. Na over familiarity dey cause all this nonsense!

You can decide to go for the wedding if you're less busy but don't wear same attire with her. She's just a girlfriend...don't let your girlfriend stops you from finding the love of your life. The love of your life might be in that wedding. Be wise!

578 Likes 38 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
.... Abort mission. You can go if you want to but never you put on the same uniform with her.

That's a trap

129 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
The materials she bought could be the aso ebi that most of the guests would be wearing.
Find out before concluding that she might have an ulterior motive.
It could be that she's just being generous.
Men though.

373 Likes 18 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Acidosis(m): 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
Abort mission. At this level of your relationship, her family's wedding is not your business.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by MrMcJay(m): 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
She is trying to mark her territory.

That girl is marking her territory, staking ownership on the guy and showing off her prize before her family members. The guy will now get there, her family members will be telling the guy to do quick and pick date.

Pick which date? Guy wey just pay for IELTS.

369 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by MrMcJay(m): 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
Mariangeles:
The materials she bought could be the aso ebi that most of the guests would be wearing.
Men though.

She is generous na. Shebi she be UNICEF.
You're a lady, that's why you are defending her.

161 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
MrMcJay:

She is generous na. Shebi she be UNICEF.
You're a lady, that's why you are defending her.

Defending her? What wrong has she done in the first place?

Op, how old is your relationship?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Born2winnx: 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
Mariangeles:

3months

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by MrMcJay(m): 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Mariangeles:

Not everyone likes Asoebi. She is not in a position to compel him to wear it when he hasn't even paid as much as a recharge card on her head as dowry.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by MrMcJay(m): 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
Born2winnx:

3months

Too early, she's marking territory.
If I were you, God forbid, I won't wear it.
If she likes, let her put rope on my neck and drag me like a goat.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 5:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
Born2winnx:

3months

Okay, 3 months is still quite recent.
Tell her you're not comfortable with that arrangement, that it might send the wrong message, and you wouldn't want that.

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by oluplus(m): 6:42pm On Jun 20, 2022
Pls don't do it. E get why

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Omuuvwie(m): 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
If it's a general cloth for the event no problem about that you can go if you are less busy, but if it's her family cloth bro don't try it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by TheeDetective: 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
Why is she that desperate for both of you to wear the same cloth for the ceremony undecided? Mate; if both of you wear the same cloth, be prepared to pay her bride price o grin especially since it's a family occasion. You go hear am if you try am. No say we know warn you o grin.

11 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by sisisioge: 12:10am On Jun 21, 2022
This is really funny. On the other hand, the uniform might be aso ebi chosen for the occasion for all to wear o. Anyways, find out if it's not then no need to fight, just arrange for your tailor to forget to deliver the sewn cloth or be too busy to attend. No one should force anyone to commit biko....it is that simple.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by shantti(m): 12:20am On Jun 21, 2022
MrMcJay:
She is trying to mark her territory.

That girl is marking her territory, staking ownership on the guy and showing off her prize before her family members. The guy will now get there, her family members will be telling the guy to do quick and pick date.

Pick which date? Guy wey just pay for IELTS.
grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by ImaIma1(f): 12:26am On Jun 21, 2022
It sounds funny wearing the same thing with her when you guys are just dating. She wants to show off her man to her family. Please don't give in because it could lead to something you are not prepared for.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by shantti(m): 12:26am On Jun 21, 2022
Something is fishy. Hmmmmmmmm

O.p, what if that so called ceremony is your igbankwu secretly mapped out without your knowledge.

What if, when you get there, the village youths will beat you into paying her dowry, then you will sit down, her father will give her wine and she will dance with her ashebi and bring it to you. You go dey drink the wine dey shed tears. Then the village youth will beat you again into dropping some currency into the wine tumbler. Then they will beat you again into dancing with her. U go dey dance buga with her dey cry. Then they will finally beat you into taking you newly wedded wife home

164 Likes 18 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 4:16am On Jun 21, 2022
Funny comments

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by cococandy(f): 4:45am On Jun 21, 2022
Too early.

We know that in Nigeria, wearing the same traditional outfits to an event usually means you’re family or maybe it’s a specific uniform for that event.

So, you can’t be passing a message that you haven’t both agreed to or are on board with. Tell her a firm no and explain why.

If she can’t accept that, too bad

12 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Zonefree(m): 6:32am On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:
Men though.
Generous indeed undecided

Mariah, stick to food section please. You're bad when it comes to relationship advice.

Good morning.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by GboyegaD(m): 9:07am On Jun 21, 2022
Three months is too early to start doing and co things with her. Appreciate the cloth but please don't eat the same cloth to the function.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Kingozymandias(m): 9:07am On Jun 21, 2022
angry

It is men like you the late Prophet and Godfather of blessed memory his royal Highness Kevin Samuels tried to save with his gospel...

Comrade what is wrong with you ? You already know it's everything wrong to show up there with her firstly, secondly to show up there and identify as her significant other, thirdly to show up there to identify as her SO and wear the same material? Bros what is wrong with you ? Except you know you are going to marry her otherwise, my guy dodge it immediately!!

Or else all family events in your family she will want to accompany you dressed in his and her clothing .

Brother be wise now... Eat your share and move along...

See go and purge your mind of SIMPlicitic ways of thinking and find the late Prophet Kevin Samuels teachings and thank me later .

Wait hold up!! Did you say neice's traditional wedding?
How old is this your GF? Na old layer be that o!! Bros how old are you ? shocked

Is she in her thirties ? Your wording even shows you might likely be younger than she is? Please if she is the one feeding and clothing you, then jejely respect yourself and wear whatever uniform she has ordered for you. For her neice to be getting married she isn't a young girl, likely in her mid thirties , no man in his late thirties or fourties calls a woman he is dating GF, so likely you are younger in your late twenties .. you are likely her toy boy... So better bend down and take it up the anus like a toy you are. You have been eating her money now you don't want to identify with her because you are afraid people will laugh at your for dating your mother's age mate? grin The path we choose has its rules

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by pretydiva(f): 9:07am On Jun 21, 2022
I guess she's trying to show you off to her people or friends. If you ain't cool with it, then don't it

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by myike2(m): 9:08am On Jun 21, 2022
“Your girlfriend’s niece.” All other things equal, it’s safe to say your girlfriend is no longer a young lady if her niece is already getting married.

My question for you: is it at this age that she wants to be playing love with asoebi?

My answer for you: run o!!! If you wear that asoebi, na una traditional wedding you don do so o.

I cum in peace.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by ArewaNightmare: 9:08am On Jun 21, 2022
grin you're about to be TIED grin grin grin haunty is desperate to shock some of her friends and family members but I pray make she no end up shocking herself

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by sotall(m): 9:08am On Jun 21, 2022
undecided

The relationship don enter her head

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Justinlean02(m): 9:08am On Jun 21, 2022
Happy married life our in-law grin

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:08am On Jun 21, 2022
Then, why should that be our problem? Isn't something you two can settle amicable without involving the third-party?

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Oldest Woman In Rivers State Dies At The Age Of 134 (Photo) / Delta Man Marks 10th Wedding Anniversary, Rides Wife In Helicopter To Mountain / Woman Divorces Husband 3 Minutes After Marriage In Kuwait For Calling Her Stupid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.