Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage (41223 Views)

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village / My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by omisanjo(m): 9:25am On Jun 21, 2022
Alaini nkan se osi
Born2winnx:
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by MadamExcellency: 9:25am On Jun 21, 2022
Why is nobody asking the op if he promised her marriage and secondly, if he has had sex with her based on the agreement?

Tell us the definition of your relationship with her?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by excanny: 9:25am On Jun 21, 2022
Seems her family is pressuring her to be in a serious relationship and she’s trying to claim you by force.

If you are a responsible and serious person, you should know after 3 months if she has a future with you and no problems going to the party with her.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Anaerobi(m): 9:25am On Jun 21, 2022
Patxyz:

Do you love her as a woman and what is the primary reason why you entered into relationship with a girl when you are not ready to settle down. If love exist in that relationship then go ahead and make her happy by wearing it. Is just a cloth.

Hahahaha. Just a cloth indeed. grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by fredoooooo: 9:26am On Jun 21, 2022
Girlfriend nor wife , anyway it all depends on ya level of love or stupidity, choose a course... or in or out ?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by rajiedreez: 9:26am On Jun 21, 2022
Guy dey well o
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by ikennaoma(m): 9:26am On Jun 21, 2022
Don't be too quick to judge. It may be her nature. But be man enough to confront issue as it comes. As a man u should have told her that going for the event is not necessary. Be a man and act like a man. U should have made it clear u won't be at the wedding from onset.. now u don't have a choice than to please her by going for the event. But be smart to tell her that ur tailor disappointed you so she won't feel bad. Then u can wear your a normal outfit for the event.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Bombolistic: 9:26am On Jun 21, 2022
It's called 'Checkmating' other girls. Telling them the slot si sold out grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by 7arrows: 9:27am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.

Guy no dey come post this kind thing here. Wear ssme cloth if u like. Do u ask us how to have SEX with her?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by osazsky(m): 9:27am On Jun 21, 2022
If its asoebi cloth go ahead..but if na family or sibling cloth my brother run away from your life
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Entanglement: 9:27am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months
big set up!

She doesn't want competition and what to publicly show everyone that she got her personal dick.
This is a form of advertising and driving away other women!
She is trying to mark her territory

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by dapsoneh: 9:27am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months
bros, how old is your gf? Her niece is getting married and you don't want her t show there as a married woman? U are a joke sir
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by excanny: 9:27am On Jun 21, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
You won't understand, they wan choke the guy, that cloth get why

But if he doesn’t want to be choke, what’s he still doing with her after 3 months?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by crowther15(m): 9:27am On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:
The materials she bought could be the aso ebi that most of the guests would be wearing.
Find out before concluding that she might have an ulterior motive.
It could be that she's just being generous.
Men though.
I was looking for this kind of comment. If it is Aso Ebi.... He can wear it. Thanks for the comment thou.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Dpiano(m): 9:27am On Jun 21, 2022
Forget manipulation or anything ..if you actually love that babe...you'd do it without coming here to ask first..lol...I feel you're scared of commitment so early..

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Fav2356: 9:28am On Jun 21, 2022
All is well
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by pharmagba: 9:28am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

Truth is you don't love her. QED
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by iy8701: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2022
Don't argue with her,just move along with the plan. A day before the party just accidentally burn the cloth with a hot iron and send her a picture of it. Case solve, You will go there with another cloth.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by casualobserver: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

3months
Many years ago, I was introduced to a girl that i wasnt really into, It turns out I know her sister but we had lost touch. Anyway we went out on a few dates (more like she pushed for a few dates and I was being nice because of her sister and I thought no harm) but I did not take it any further, I deliberately did not sleep with her even though I knew I could. Fast forward a few weeks she invited me to her cousin's wedding. I am distant friends with her sister and we moved around in the same circles way back in the day, so I thougth no harm in going for the wedding....no aso ebi story involved.

I got to the wedding and all her friends, her sister, her in laws even her brother in law who I know were treating me like their
in-law to be.....somebody i was not even dating...it was like they were all waiting for me, the fuss was on another level, are you ok, what do you want to eat, drinks nko?,is everything ok kinda fuss, you could feel everybody gazing in my direction..... it was like they were all waiting for me to arrive. Her brother in law who is a friend of mine was even asking me what happening...bi ti bawo? as how? happening to what? who told you your sister in law and I are a thing?

lesson is dont be forced into a situation, small things mean a lot to women, even when they are the ones that "forced" the situation. A woman will try and force a situation, it has meaning, it is your job to resists the forcing. You dont know what the girl has told her family and friends, because the same people will turn around and make you the bad guy and ask "if you had no plans to marry her why did you wear aso-ebi". If it doesnt feel right it doesnt feel right.

imagine if we were actually dating her or I wore aso ebi with her?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by excanny: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2022
Entanglement:
big set up!

She doesn't want competition and what to publicly show everyone that she got her personal dick

Nothing wrong in that. It’s her junior getting married.

Sometimes it’s shameful to be still single at a certain age.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by SocialJustice: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months
Play along, sew material but do not show up. Big set up and this is only the beginning. She will keep pushing towards forced marriage until she gives up and leaves you.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by topoftheworld(m): 9:29am On Jun 21, 2022
Don't wear it op
Just tell her the tailor didn't sow the cloth grin cheesy grin
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Elock1: 9:30am On Jun 21, 2022
grin grin
MrMcJay:
She is trying to mark her territory.

That girl is marking her territory, staking ownership on the guy and showing off her prize before her family members. The guy will now get there, her family members will be telling the guy to do quick and pick date.

Pick which date? Guy wey just pay for IELTS.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Richy4(m): 9:30am On Jun 21, 2022
My brother if you are curious and wants to have a sneak peek of your girlfriend's family, u can do so without wearing any material... That will not show much of a commitment if that's your headache...see it as an adventure.. smiley

Many feels like meeting the family is a big deal and a bad idea but I see it as any other socializing and networking event...As long as u were not the only invited guest on that list of family members..

<< If u must go, let there be an understanding between both of you.. tell her not to flaunt you before her siblings and family members..

<< Tell her that you are comfortable to be an observer.. because it's too early to meet the family..

<<Just go and have fun.. adults ways of live is over complicated... always tends to 'overthink' things.. just be free for once...U might even meet a friend for life there...

<< Even if you were not gonna marry her, will that stop you from attending a function when invited? All u have to do is use your head by 60% heart 40%..and u are good to go... Stay where the guests are and be inconspicuous.. embarassed
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 21, 2022
Zonefree:
Don't fall for that cheap manipulation from her. Na over familiarity dey cause all this nonsense!

You can decide to go for the wedding if you're less busy but don't wear same attire with her. She's just a girlfriend...don't let your girlfriend stops you from finding the love of your life. The love of your life might be in that wedding. Be wise!
So, your girlfriend is not the love of your life?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by jonahhh: 9:30am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

You just don’t have a long term plan for her and you’re still yet to love her genuinely… either she’s already taking you seriously or she wants you to cover her up at her niece’s wedding so she won’t look single to stupor. Do this for her and she’ll never forget mind you not all lady families are ebinna so you might not spend shi shi
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by backnbeta(f): 9:31am On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:
The materials she bought could be the aso ebi that most of the guests would be wearing.
Find out before concluding that she might have an ulterior motive.
It could be that she's just being generous.
Men though.
My thoughts. But if this is not the case, it's better you wear whatever you like @OP
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 21, 2022
You just typed like someone that has no plans for her.
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Elock1: 9:32am On Jun 21, 2022
shantti:
Something is fishy. Hmmmmmmmm

O.p, what if that so called ceremony is your igbankwu secretly mapped out without your knowledge.

What if, when you get there, the village youths will beat you into paying her dowry, then you will sit down, her father will give her wine and she will dance with her ashebi and bring it to you. You go dey drink the wine dey shed tears. Then the village youth will beat you again into dropping some currency into the wine tumbler. Then they will beat you again into dancing with her. U go dey dance buga with her dey cry. Then they will finally beat you into taking you newly wedded wife home
This can only be oshogbo weed talking
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by babyfaceafrica: 9:32am On Jun 21, 2022
excanny:

But if he doesn’t want to be choke, what’s he still doing with her after 3 months?
He is taking his time sir, no be everything person must rush.. It's just three months, not three years.. The gal should calm down
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by BRATISLAVA: 9:32am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

If a lady doesn't take the first step, you lot will taunt her with growing old while she waits for a man to approach her and set things up.

Now she has done it, you have all manner of condemnatory insight into why she's done what she did.

You Nigerian men are fond of pointless scheming about the intents of women.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by 8stargeneral: 9:32am On Jun 21, 2022
She want start now making it to look official...some girls don't HV brain...if u cut off d relationship now...she will be like after u had expose her to families and friends..abort that idea now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sidechick Reports Husband To His Wife After He Cheated On Her With Her Friends / Danish Woman Adopts 'Witchcraft' Boy And Gives Him A New Name (Photo) / Take Your Children To Their Father Or Else - Man Tells Wife (pic/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.