Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture (18362 Views)

Pro-Akpabio Senators Seated As Senate Elects New Leadership / Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country / Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by TheRareGem1(f): 8:13am On Jun 21, 2022
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said Nigeria needs a new culture of leadership.

He said while leadership is not the exclusive preserve of those privileged to be at the helm of affairs, true service should be the hallmark of effective leadership.

Osinbajo said this as the keynote speaker at Olashore International School Association (OISA) Foundation’s 10th memorial lecture in memory of Oba Oladele Olashore yesterday on Victoria Island in Lagos

The late Oba Oladele Olashore was the Owaloko of Iloko-Ijesha and founder of Olashore International School in Osun State

Osinbajo, who was represented by Mr. Dapo Akinosun (SAN), noted that the life and legacy of Oba Olashore represented an effective template for good leadership.

He said: “We cannot continue like before. We need a new culture of leadership in the country. We must limit leadership from encumbrances that affected it. Leadership is service. Service to others doesn’t diminish us; it enriches us. Service is a revolutionary act. Leaders don’t fall from the sky.

“Leadership is a character. It is not only within the purview of the privileged.”

The life and legacy of Oba Olashore provide a template for leadership through his strides in education and other areas.”

Osinbajo, who extolled the virtues of the late monarch, lauded the OISA Foundation for continuing his legacies with commitment.

He urged everyone to collaborate with the foundation to help Nigerians rise and realise their potentials.
https://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-needs-new-leadership-culture-says-osinbajo/?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by TheRareGem1(f): 8:14am On Jun 21, 2022
Osinbajo is good mehn. Intelligence cannot be hidden

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by Bomboiy: 8:15am On Jun 21, 2022
Osinbajo is such an intelligent man,I was not happy he didn't get the APC ticket.

He is spot on once again, Nigeria needs people with new ideas. Enough of this Atifeku and Tinubu.

Nigeria needs a competent man like Peter Obi.

325 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by Tunechi5(m): 8:15am On Jun 21, 2022
Lol

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:15am On Jun 21, 2022
Indirectly endorsing Peter Obi Presidency

Nice one Osibanjo

362 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by inoki247: 8:17am On Jun 21, 2022
Motivational speech don start again...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by Amazingify(f): 8:17am On Jun 21, 2022
Absolutely in support, and Peter obi it is.
Like for Peter obi
Share for others

287 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by PaedophileProph: 8:17am On Jun 21, 2022
The Pastor said the truth . but sadists,whom I share same country with would rather let the status quo continue than support that political slavery emancipation.

Because anyone with selfless, feasible ideas will be judged on the oculars of Tribe and Religion based on some genealogically inherited hatred passed down to them from their vote-selling parents , not based on their own personal experience.

It's obvious the non tribalistic unity we enjoy at the football stands/pitch , Clubs , Concert , and businesses , but Election time

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by christejames(m): 8:17am On Jun 21, 2022
Gradually everyone must be OBIdient...

Good one Osibanjo grin

183 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by Impregnable101: 8:17am On Jun 21, 2022
If Nigerians are wise, tinubu and atiku will not get up to 500 votes each. We have to change the status quo. These old cargos had more than 50 years to change the country but failed. Time to try the younger ones who have new ideas

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by Seakay(m): 8:17am On Jun 21, 2022
Just say the name Baba, everyone knows it's Peter Obi. cool

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by John8702: 8:17am On Jun 21, 2022
May God see us through

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by Dpharisee: 8:17am On Jun 21, 2022
Only one candidate fits into the above description and he is Peter Obi.

Like Pastor Sarah Omakwu said, I will rather 'waste' my vote on Peter Obi than supporting the status quo and current culture of bad national leadership.

This is an indirect endorsement of Peter Obi from a man who truly cares about his country but couldn't get his party mandate.

The few moments that Osinbajo was allowed to exercise power when Buhari was in London on medical tourism, a certain unprecedented calmness enveloped the country, he even visited militants in the creeks and they received him with love and pledged to end militancy because he listened to their grievances.

Many Nigerians wish the contest was between Obi and Osinbajo, we would have been seeing fierce intellectual debates from both parties on how to improve our lives and not the current lackluster campaign where two of the candidates are just waiting to share money and buy votes on election day

107 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by bluefilm: 8:17am On Jun 21, 2022
The VP has become OBIdient.

Our God is good all the time.

117 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by Skillsnigeria: 8:18am On Jun 21, 2022
grin
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by legendarystar: 8:18am On Jun 21, 2022
Tired
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by nisco18ng(m): 8:18am On Jun 21, 2022
#NoApcNoPdp

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by tiswell(m): 8:18am On Jun 21, 2022
Osinbajo is Peter Obi's running mate

take this to the bank grin

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by Fadddd(m): 8:18am On Jun 21, 2022
Wake up bro, primaries are over. I urge you to reserve this to next 4 years whence you can come another unwinnable primaries. Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by gentlesmithugo(m): 8:19am On Jun 21, 2022
Good one,peter obi for the next presido

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by eedimo(m): 8:19am On Jun 21, 2022
Posterity would remember this man for good.

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by chelsea1116(m): 8:19am On Jun 21, 2022
If the election was between this man and Peter Obi, i would have packed my bag and start coming back to Nigeria. Imagine an election with 2 competent men.

Tinubu defeating Prof Yemi is a good case of evil triumph over good.

I feel bad changing 1euro to 647naira, and it keeps going higher and my country's currency keeps crashing. It is heartbreaking especially when the idiot i exchange with keep saying i should be happy exchange is high.

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by Typicalguy(m): 8:19am On Jun 21, 2022
Obi for president cool

19 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by phkka1(m): 8:19am On Jun 21, 2022
You could not provide it after seven years.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:19am On Jun 21, 2022
......and a new leadership culture is what we gonna get come 2023.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by datola: 8:19am On Jun 21, 2022
We know you Prof, have you been given the opportunity you would have been Nigeria's best option to give the much desired new direction.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by Lanretoye(m): 8:20am On Jun 21, 2022
Useless puppet,you were there for over 7years now and you could do nothing.the worst of administration since 1999,just to give speech of lies and deceit. God punish you and your oga.where are the 100m people you have lifted from poverty?,which sector of the economy have you performed significantly in 7years.some people are still advocating for him to be president.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by Eriggs: 8:20am On Jun 21, 2022
Bomboiy:
Osinbajo is such an intelligent man,I was not happy he didn't get the APC ticket.

He is spot on once again, Nigeria needs people with new ideas. Enough of this Atifeku and Tinubu.

Nigeria needs a competent man like Peter Obi.
ur pandora Obituary is a thief. U can only deceive ur sef and ur fellow Igbos supporters. Dats y ur Obituary will never condemn d terrorist group ipob, birds of a feather

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by bigdammyj: 8:20am On Jun 21, 2022
Noted.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture by Neyoosha007(m): 8:20am On Jun 21, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Indirectly endorsing Peter Obi Presidency

Nice one Osibanjo
obi ko, Pandora ni

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Soldiers, Kidnap Motorists In Zamfara / CSO To Governor Uzodinma Allegedly Arrested For 'Illegal Abduction Of Uche Nwosu / 2023: I'll Retire Army Generals Making Money On Fight Against Terrorism - Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.