Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,502 members, 7,850,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:18 AM

Full Text Of PDP Membership Resignation Letter By A Close Ally Of Gov Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of PDP Membership Resignation Letter By A Close Ally Of Gov Wike (731 Views)

Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today / Kwankwaso Supporters Burn Their PDP Membership Cards Because Of Atiku (Photos) / Obasanjo Tore His PDP Membership Card And Campaigned For APC (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Text Of PDP Membership Resignation Letter By A Close Ally Of Gov Wike by Terabyteck(m): 9:17am On Jun 21, 2022
Let me use this medium to convey to you, my resignation from being a member of the Peoples’ Democratic Party, Ward 5, Awuyemi, Okpella.

My reason is borne out of my long held and well publicized position that it is the turn of the Southern part of Nigeria to produce the next president in line with the provisions of Article 7 of the party’s constitution. Since the party has jettisoned the provision and manipulated the convention by eliminating zoning, my aspiration as a member is impaired. The same Party that eliminated zoning has all of a sudden, settled for a running mate from the South in person of Senator Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa. I would have thought that having eliminated zoning, the candidate would choose his vice from any part of the country; including the zones of the North. This reality presents a hypocritical emanation that can neither stand the true test of justice, fairness and equity nor prospective legal challenges.

For the above reasons only, I align myself with the considered standpoint of the APC Northern Governors who spoke so eloquently about the need to allow power to rotate to the South, in the true spirit of fairness, equity and justice. The considered and patriotic position of the APC Northern Governors remains unassailable, and I wholeheartedly align myself with their position; taking into account the heterogenous configurations of Nigeria. This is without any affiliation or involvement with the APC, whose hitherto uninspiring leadership I have been a vocal critic of, or any other political party. What the PDP power apparatchik has done was to supplant justice with injustice in its desperation to return to power. Power for power sake without recourse to the psyche of its members and the equitability of power acquisition and distribution, is an invitation to political instability.

In arriving at this decision, I have interrogated all the scenarios and situations, and come to the conclusion that a healthy and robust political engagement derives from justice, respect for internal rules and regulations, and adherence to constitutional provisions rather than manipulation of processes to suit the aspirations of a few. I will remain true to my conscience and be driven by my convictions. If it was about self, I would be comfortable to remain within the party and patronizingly readjust my sensibilities to praise worship the candidate. But, by my orientation and background, I will be in constant conflict with my conscience if I ignore the therapy of balancing the political algorithms of a plural society that Nigeria has been.

Ward Chairman, Sir, thank you for the support you have always given me; first, for standing down all pressure to suspend me when I took on Governor Obaseki in 2020, and many other times. Needless to say that all my predictions have come to pass, and those who insulted me in 2020 have also apologized in 2022; having now witnessed the instability within the Edo PDP as a result of Governor Obaseki’s overarching conduct. Politics must be played with some principles and certain convictions to free one’s conscience from conflict.

Thank you for the opportunity and remain blessed. I hope that our political paths will cross again in the future.

Sincerely yours,

PRINCE KASSIM AFEGBUA.
Category: Forum
Tag: Wike, kazeem afegbua, pdp
Written by Omooba Alekuwodo
Published 6/20/2022 6:08:17 PM

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of PDP Membership Resignation Letter By A Close Ally Of Gov Wike by helinues: 9:18am On Jun 21, 2022
Wike dashed out Southern Pdp chairmanship position cos of his ambition, yet Ayu is yet to step down after accomplishing his mission

Tambuwal, Wike's long time ally betrayed him during the Pdp primary

Okowa, A Southern neighbor jeopardized Wike's ambition for his own VP ambition.

Wike defecting to Apc is just to pay those who betrayed h back and also looking for soft landing should Apc win the presidency cos instill don't know how Wike would evade EFCC arrest after his second term
Re: Full Text Of PDP Membership Resignation Letter By A Close Ally Of Gov Wike by Onisanya: 9:21am On Jun 21, 2022
Smiles
Re: Full Text Of PDP Membership Resignation Letter By A Close Ally Of Gov Wike by Frigga13: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2022
And who is taking afegbuah serious

How is he Wike’s ally grin

Na former IBB spokesman

How is he connected to Wike ?

Who is he in Edo Pdp?

And what’s he’s input ? In Pdp aside from being ibb former spokesman and a political office holder in Oshiomoles government ..

Nairaland.. everybody wan trend with anything

Pdp dash am Apc .. including the Yoruba Wike ... we don Dey carry that one throwaway.. he no Dey gree

Tomorrow e go be another human wey no get people dem go wan make famous

Nairaland celebs

Power to the people
North 2023
Re: Full Text Of PDP Membership Resignation Letter By A Close Ally Of Gov Wike by Frigga13: 9:31am On Jun 21, 2022
Idiot be n shouting southern President with Aketi upandan .. only to decamp to Apc

Wetin happen to Obi.. if you dey about justice on Pdp?

Some people brain sef

And for him mind he fit pull 200 crowd aside his family and friends

Next!
Re: Full Text Of PDP Membership Resignation Letter By A Close Ally Of Gov Wike by Lexy123O: 9:54am On Jun 21, 2022
You're always wailing and ranting. I hope you'll get a ministerial appointment if AA becomes president. grin
Frigga13:
Idiot be n shouting southern President with Aketi upandan .. only to decamp to Apc

Wetin happen to Obi.. if you dey about justice on Pdp?

Some people brain sef

And for him mind he fit pull 200 crowd aside his family and friends

Next!
Re: Full Text Of PDP Membership Resignation Letter By A Close Ally Of Gov Wike by Frigga13: 10:05am On Jun 21, 2022
Lexy123O:
You're always wailing and ranting. I hope you'll get a ministerial appointment if AA becomes president. grin

Thank you..

Ameen..

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Peter Obi Gets Spontaneous Support At House On The Rock! / Buhari Children Vs ASUU / S-south Youths Groups To APC: “You Can’t Deceive Nigerians Again”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.