Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW (1411 Views)

What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by IYANGBALI: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2011
What takes one to heaven?is it our religious beliefs{as in Christainity,Islam etc}? our faith in God and his words?our relationship with the people on earth?how constant we are in our places of worship?payment of religious dues{like tithes,zakat etc}?the promagation of our religious beliefs?our versatile we are in the bible and quoran}?the people we helped while on earth?our conscience? WHAT TAKES ONE TO HEAVEN?I REALLY AND SINCERELY WANT TO KNOW.

Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Image123(m): 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2011
It's knowing and accepting Jesus that takes anyone to Heaven. Jesus said, and He is the Way to God. Without Jesus, no one can GET TO God. And if you have Jesus, you HAVE TO be born again and holy. Heaven is a holy place filled with holy angels, and a holy God with His holy child Jesus and holy Spirit. Without holiness, NO MAN shall see God.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by IYANGBALI: 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2011
so what happens to people of other religions?
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by MANCHUKWU: 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2011
Islam won't make it. not by works but by faith in Christ.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2011
MANCHUKWU:

Islam won't make it. not by works but by faith in Christ.
What makes you feel that your religion is better than islam or that the quote about Jesus being the ONLY way is even true. Please, don't conclude on things beyond your understanding.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by alstarmayo(m): 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2011
Believe in ur heart that Jesus died 4ur sins and confess with ur mouth wat u believe
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Image123(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

so what happens to people of other religions?
You should be thinking more of what happens to you personally. I'm not the final Judge. What will you do with what you've heard?
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by benodic: 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2011
@ poster

what takes one to heaven is opening your inner self to guidance from the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is in touch with all souls and it does not bother about your religion or your race. True contemplation and singing the holy names of God is a good starting point.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by fxmajor6: 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2011
@poster good question? No amount of good work can make you holy or perfect. In other words your good works cannot save you. You cannot rise up or ascend to the throne of God by your own actions or strenght. But there is good news HEAVEN CAME TO MEET YOU read john 3:16, Who ever believes in JESUS would not perish but have eternal life. Your good works will only enhance your position in eternity, but without faith in JESUS, your good works will be meaningless or fruitless.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by VALIDATOR: 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2011
Methinks this discussion should start by defining what you call heaven. The heaven that a suicide bomber looks forward to may be different from what a cross bearer or a christian,muslim,budhist,etc looks forward to.

But the common factor is that it is a kind of utopia. Sorry dudes.Wake up.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Trex73(m): 3:52pm On Jul 26, 2011
@Benodic thank you very much, please friends lets stop leaving in a fools paradise, this thing called religion is a fools trap, how can you enter into the so called heaven just by believing and accepting a particular person or thing, even Christ himself said it, That its not all those that call him father will enter into the kingdom of GOD.

Jesus Christ also gave the parable of the good Samaritan, as a back up to what he meant, be holly, we all know what is good and what is bad, so no one religion is guarantee for heaven.

We all pray that God will give us the grace to make Heaven.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by newmi(m): 6:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
@poster
The bible tells us how
John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God".
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by newmi(m): 6:27pm On Jul 26, 2011
John 3:5
"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and[ of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God".

Then the bible tells how to get born again
Romans 10:9-10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by newmi(m): 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
@IYA NGBALI
But l don't understand the role of the picture you included because it does not seem to communicate any correlation with your topic. You see in communications every graphic design, letter, font, colour must all be geared towards succesfully communicating the intended and desired message
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Sweetnecta: 7:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
^ you didn't see the many different churches in the same building?

i am in the op's mind but i sense her christianity, wondering however, from these many which one is true?

if she needs the absolute truth, she better join the Islamic in crowd and ignore the negative hypes.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by AndyMoore1(m): 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2011
John 3:16-God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him should not die but have everlasting life.
Mat 24:14-And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

You must have heard, even other religions have heard that believing in their hearts that Christ died on the cross for their sins and then confess it with their mouths will be saved. But we all have a choice to choose. So what's your choice today? The end of the world is approaching as end-time signs are now more rampant than ever. Will you choose to disbelieve and lose all or believe and lose nothing?
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2011
Sweetnecta:

i am in the op's mind but i sense her christianity, wondering however, from these many which one is true?

if she needs the absolute truth, she better join the Islamic in crowd and ignore the negative hypes.

Joining Islam is like committing suicide.

It is like walking from light into darkness.

A religion of works and rituals can save no one , it is not of GOD.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Joagbaje(m): 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

What takes one to heaven?is it our religious beliefs{as in Christainity,Islam etc}? our faith in God and his words?our relationship with the people on earth?how constant we are in our places of worship?payment of religious dues{like tithes,zakat etc}?the promagation of our religious beliefs?our versatile we are in the bible and quoran}?the people we helped while on earth?our conscience? WHAT TAKES ONE TO HEAVEN?I REALLY AND SINCERELY WANT TO KNOW.

I think the question shouldn't be on how to get to heaven but rather it should be " HOW TO BE RIGHT WITH GOD" the issue is that our stay in heaven is only for 7 years . We will come back and dwell on the earth Which is our final abode.

But as other posters have said. Saving Faith in Jesus is the key to union with God.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Sweetnecta: 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2011
@Frosbel; « #16 on: Today at 04:33:47 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 07:45:33 PM

Joining Islam is like committing suicide.

It is like walking from light into darkness.

A religion of works and rituals can save no one , it is not of GOD.[/Quote]suicide are of two types; a person killing himself and the other is a person who allowed himself to be killed when he can prevent it. Jesus committed suicide by the second method, according to the Bibles. the jihadist Jesus is truly a muslim. now swallow that hard, mr. fung [sorry me. frosbel].
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2011
Poster, u will only make heaven if u do the will of GOD which is love as stated in mark 12 vs 30-32.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Sweetnecta: 12:38am On Jul 28, 2011
@Toba; Didn't Jesus fail in the value of that Verse? He hated some people. No? The people he called an evil generation. Is that Love to be call evil?
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 28, 2011
Wetin concern jesus for this matter? Jesus is/was the lord giving this commandments to men to obey so that they can get to heaven. God cant be a 'subject' to his own law. Ok? Btw if u failed to keep to the law of ur father, would he like u?Wetin concern jesus for this matter? Jesus is/was the lord giving this commandments to men to obey so that they can get to heaven. God cant be a 'subject' to his own law. Ok? Btw if u failed to keep to the law of ur father, would he like u?
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Joagbaje(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2011
^^^
Toba, welcom back . cool
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Sweetnecta: 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2011
@Toba; Posted on: Today at 12:50:37 AM Posted by: toba
[Quote]
Wetin concern jesus for this matter? Jesus is/was the lord giving this commandments to men to obey so that they can get to heaven. God cant be a 'subject' to his own law. Ok? Btw if u failed to keep to the law of your father, would he like u?Wetin concern jesus for this matter? Jesus is/was the lord giving this commandments to men to obey so that they can get to heaven. God cant be a 'subject' to his own law. Ok? Btw if u failed to keep to the law of your father, would he like u?[/Quote]Is there a disease called double-post-iasis that is afflicting the christians these days? You can't post the same sentence twice in a single post, unless 'sum-tin-rung' somewhere?

Anyway, toba, you need to get Jesus out of this condition you put him; If I only post about the cry of Jesus on the hanging tree 'my God, my God, . . . ' it will sufficient to show that Jesus can't be God or son of God, because as God, God Will not say my God, but My Self, and definitely, God Will not forsake Himself because He is God. As a son of God, Jesus would have cried if he need to, not as my God buy my Father. No son hides his relationship with his father unless he is truly a bastard or ignorant that he is a son, too young to know who is the father among all the men around mother. Was God around Mary at all?

But there are many proofs to support your statement that God Will not subject Himself to His Own laws, that He has subjected man to; Let me bring just two more so that you and Joeagbaje and others may stumble even terribly as you are struggling to amend your lies;

Jesus was heard praying and crying out with his face on the dirt [ground] just as muslims put their faces in dirt [ground] and many do cry in that position, too. God can be crying or praying or face in dirt [ground] asking anything from Himself. He just would command it out, and leave face in the dirt [ground], crying and begging for man in humility to Him because He is the One Who can Sustain them and grant their request.

We see in the Bible that Jesus said that all prayers should be made to God. He mad many prayers to God. God can't be making prayers to Himself. That is absurd. God is not subjected to His Own Law[s] on Man. Man; ordinary man or Messenger and Prophet of God are subject to the Laws of God. The Messengers and the Prophets are at the forefront because it is they who the ordinary man looks for proper and correct way to carry out each of the Laws of God on him by Command through the Messenger. This is just supporting the above. The second scenario is below;

Jesus was reported in the Bibles since there are so many of them that he did not coming to abolish the Laws and the prophets, but to fulfill them. Whosoever among future generation after he has been lifted up that will abolish or encourages to abolish even the smallest jot of the laws and the past Prophets such a person will be the least in the Kingdom of heaven. I am taking it that Jesus was saying that while he was on earth he will safeguard the laws and the prophets and if he hears that a person is violating any part, he will at least tell him to his face that he is wrong. That telling it to his face is a form of struggle against evil, which is what Jihad is. Lets leave that alone and go to our issue;

based on what Jesus said about carrying out or living out the laws and the prophets, he is subjecting himself to these two. And if he was God, there is no way he would have subjected himself to them because God will not subject Himself to Laws and Prophets that He made. That will be absurd, unreasonable. a head scratcher of a thing of big time confusion. And God is not the Author of confusion.

It is absolutely impossible for God Who sent Moses to now obey/fulfill/live out the laws of Moses. Jesus making the above statement is enough to show that he is no God, but a prophet like every prophet. Incidentally he said a prophet has no honor in his community and we know that he was honored by his community. they actually killed him as they killed John son of Zacharias. Moses didn't start with honor but ended up with honor. So was Muhammad [as to each of them; those honored at the end; Moses, Muhammad, those not honored at the end; John, Jesus for example [do you notice the J and J versus the M and M?]]. Further, Jesus will be going against his own statement as a prophet if he now turned the 10 Commandments to mere "love your God with your whole heart, and love your neighbors as you love yourself'. Where then is the 1st Commandment that God is the Only One deserved all worship? Is this the reason you now worship God, then Ghost and [then] Jesus? You are no more worshiping One God, and you have gone astray to worship 3 Gods, with or without s, 3 is more than 1 by 2. This is a known fact.

Where is the 2nd commandment that no graven image therefore? Is this the reason that you are now an idolator by hanging across your neck as a burden a cross with almost completely naked man head down on it? This is idolatry of the highest order. Imagine if as you have believed, they used dagger or sword or arrow, etc to do him in? Would you have had that instrument draped on your neck, too? This is first class disbelief, Toba.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by njira(f): 8:56am On Aug 01, 2011
@IYA NGBALI seek God while He may still be found, know Him and His ways, Love Him with all your heart mind and soul and you shall live
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by Micuilles: 11:15am On Aug 01, 2011
@ Sweetnecta

I've read most of your posts on different topics on this forum & I have the intuition that you have a special calling that needs to be fine tuned. Your calling is to be a soldier for Jesus in this generation & you'll do mighty things in the matchless name of Jesus. Amen.
Sweetnecta:

@Frosbel; « #16 on: Today at 04:33:47 PM »suicide are of two types; a person killing himself and the other is a person who allowed himself to be killed when he can prevent it. Jesus committed suicide by the second method, according to the Bibles. the jihadist Jesus is truly a muslim. now swallow that hard, mr. fung [sorry me. frosbel].
Because of you I'm commenting on this forum. Just so you know, Jesus did not commit suicide. Though he had the power to save himself, he did'nt because he loves you. He was a sacrifice for humanity (you & I). Also, he followed the instruction of his father that's why he prayed " if it were possible for "this" cup to pass by him. Please do not see it as Suicide but as Sacrifice. John 3;16 "for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, A suicide is performing a deliberate act resulting in voluntary death. Remember he was tried & judged by the Romans.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by solomon111(m): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2011
agi-tuedor:

What makes you feel that your religion is better than islam or that the quote about Jesus being the ONLY way is even true. Please, don't conclude on things beyond your understanding. Sorry,any religion that despise the dominion of the son of God Jesus is a mistake.It is written in Acts 4:12;"Neither is there salvation in any other.For there is no other name under heaven given among men,whereby we may be saved" .It is more than a religious thing, it is a personal decision.Anybody or group of people who rejects the lordship and dominion of the Lord Jesus christ is hell-bound.It is as simple as that,take it or leave it.
Re: What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW by benodic: 7:43am On Dec 16, 2011
The funny thing is while people are busy squabbling over which way is right and which way leads to heaven, more serious souls are learning the art of Soul Travel and are using it to enter the heavenly worlds here and now while still alive and learning for themselves first hand what these heavenly worlds are really like.

Other Souls are busy killing each other in the name of Religion and on the platform of my God is bigger than yours.
There is a big surprise waiting for many Souls when the time comes to drop the physical body permanently and move into the heavenly worlds for real. There all your philosophies, arguments and counter arguments will come to naught and you will come face to face with the reality.
If at the end of all the squabbles, strife and arguments, you have not been able to learn love which is the golden coin that will admit you into heaven then you have wasted your time pursuing shadows and worthless doctrines on earth.

(1) (Reply)

An Exhortation To Women And Shameful Female Promiscuity in the Church / Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? / Atheists, What Would You Do If Your Spouse/partner Pays Tithe With Your Earning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.