Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,831 members, 7,813,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc (4103 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Her Father Chris Oyakhilome Pictured Together / Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc by Gombs(m): 8:49am On Apr 04, 2016
It is common knowledge that sin is the primary reason for hell bound folks, and over the years and time, we have received different definitions of the word "sin".

Some see sin in the light of doing evil (depending on what their definition of evil is), some see it in the light of certain doctrines they're subscribing to... But I will define sin, in the context of the word!

Sin is ANYTHING inconsistent with the will and character/nature of God.

From the above definition, we can see all that sinned in the bible fell short of this definition, for one reason or another.

However, there's a part that I'm sure we have either overlooked or ignorant of. It is the sin call 'Lukewarmness'!

Is Lukewarmness gonna lead one to hell? Emphatically yes! How?

To be lukewarm is to be cold and non active. Your participation in the things of God is what makes you active in the house of God. To be lukewarm means to be disobedience to the vision of God. A Christian who remains lukewarm to the end will go to hell. It's there in the Scriptures.

Rev 3:15-19
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Points to notice.

1. God already made a choice. Jesus said He wished we were hot or cold... He wants us to me a clear choice.

2. He's chastening the church to repent and be ZEALOUS. So repent if you have been lukewarm and be vitally involved is the house.

Being lukewarm is likened to the unprofitable servant. Being lukewarm makes us neither effective nor efficient in the work He's called us to do, and Jesus told us the reward of the unprofitable servant in Matthew 25:29,30

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Note, the unprofitable servant was actually serving God already, but his 'lukewarmness' was what cost him.
Lukewarmness is UNACCEPTABLE, Jesus said so.

Who then is a lukewarm Christian? I could list a few examples which are already bordering on the disobedience to the heavenly vision and/or non participation in the things if God. These are, but not limited to;

1. Those who do not take the great commission (Matthew 28:19)serious or as serious as it deserves and/or those who think it's the work of 'some select Christian folks'.

2. Those who don't render service in the house of God. I mean that guy who just attends services and run home, nothing concerns them with the church till next service.

3. Those who have the word of faith in them, and never let's it out.

4. Those who don't live to full potential of what God's called them to be...

Etc.

Finally my brethren, the Spirit via Paul had written us as He wrote the Romans

Rom 12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

1 Like

Re: What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc by Vanderandrew(m): 10:00am On Apr 04, 2016
Even giving one's life to Christ is not a guarantee for heaven. Living your life the way God wants or expects will take you there.
Re: What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 04, 2016
Thank you Brother for this post. I now know exactly how to miss heaven. So gracious.

2 Likes

Re: What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc by Shollyps(m): 11:51am On Apr 04, 2016
hell n heaven exist only in your imagination...
Re: What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc by Gombs(m): 12:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
Shollyps:
hell n heaven exist only in your imagination...

we'd soon know about that. wink
Re: What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc by orunto27: 1:08pm On Apr 04, 2016
Gombs:
It is common knowledge that sin is the primary reason for hell bound folks, and over the years and time, we have received different definitions of the word "sin".

Some see sin in the light of doing evil (depending on what their definition of evil is), some see it in the light of certain doctrines they're subscribing to... But I will define sin, in the context of the word!

Sin is ANYTHING inconsistent with the will and character/nature of God.

From the above definition, we can see all that sinned in the bible fell short of this definition, for one reason or another.

However, there's a part that I'm sure we have either overlooked or ignorant of. It is the sin call 'Lukewarmness'!

Is Lukewarmness gonna lead one to hell? Emphatically yes! How?

To be lukewarm is to be cold and non active. Your participation in the things of God is what makes you active in the house of God. To be lukewarm means to be disobedience to the vision of God. A Christian who remains lukewarm to the end will go to hell. It's there in the Scriptures.

Rev 3:15-19
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Points to notice.

1. God already made a choice. Jesus said He wished we were hot or cold... He wants us to me a clear choice.

2. He's chastening the church to repent and be ZEALOUS. So repent if you have been lukewarm and be vitally involved is the house.

Being lukewarm is likened to the unprofitable servant. Being lukewarm makes us neither effective nor efficient in the work He's called us to do, and Jesus told us the reward of the unprofitable servant in Matthew 25:29,30

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Note, the unprofitable servant was actually serving God already, but his 'lukewarmness' was what cost him.
Lukewarmness is UNACCEPTABLE, Jesus said so.

Who then is a lukewarm Christian? I could list a few examples which are already bordering on the disobedience to the heavenly vision and/or non participation in the things if God. These are, but not limited to;

1. Those who do not take the great commission (Matthew 28:19)serious or as serious as it deserves and/or those who think it's the work of 'some select Christian folks'.

2. Those who don't render service in the house of God. I mean that guy who just attends services and run home, nothing concerns them with the church till next service.

3. Those who have the word of faith in them, and never let's it out.

4. Those who don't live to full potential of what God's called them to be...

Etc.

Finally my brethren, the Spirit via Paul had written us as He wrote the Romans

Rom 12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

Re: What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc by orunto27: 1:49pm On Apr 04, 2016
Chris is good. Welldone. In the layman's language, the general rule is "Love God, love yourselves". Athiests don't know God and can't love Him, so they will all go to hell. All selfish people, cheat, break agreements, are lukewarm, forgetful, careless, haters, clueless and dullards. They are all in hell already just like the athiests.
Re: What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc by Gombs(m): 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2016
Knowing His is loving Him, and loving Him is knowing Him.
Re: What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc by Shollyps(m): 8:14pm On Apr 04, 2016
Gombs:

we'd soon know about that. wink
how?

dead people don't know anything... so you won't even know if hell exist or not...
Re: What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc by simplex2: 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
Please my people, harken to the voice of Past Chris! Strive to make heaven, we don't want over population in hell, you guys should not be lukewarm pls so u can make heaven.

As it is, if u decide to come to hell, come with your own fuel and firewood, we will give u land to start your own fire!

(1) (Reply)

Vote Your Best Pastor Of The Year 2009 Here. / Divine Solution To Sex In Dreams / What Does A Thousand Years For Yahweh Look Like In A Cage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.