Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test (51004 Views)

Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) Recruitment 2022/2023 / NERC Recruitment: Please Who Is Setting These Unrealistic Minimum Requirements? / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) started inviting Candidates for aptitude test .
The Exam is scheduled to hold after the online recruitment is over.

If you happen to be one of the lucky ones invited, here’s an opportunity to give yourself an edge over other candidates who will be participating in the test.

Let's set the ball rolling

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
NERC Recruitment Test Questions
The nerc recruitment test for the 2022 recruitment exercise will be announced after the application process. As usual, applicants are looking for the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) past questions and answers as well as searching for the format of the examination.

We have decided to post samples of the computer-based aptitude test questions which will be conducted

NERC Recruitment Test Questions & Answers.
1) What becomes V if we use 2 resistors of 4W in parallel?
A. 2.66 V
B. 6 V
C. 12 V
D. 24 V

2) If x = y – 9, and y – 4 = 10, x = ?
A. -5
B. +5
C. 1
D. A and B

3) What is the force in pounds exerted upwards on a piston with a diameter of 4 inches if a gauge indicates the internal pressure in the cylinder is 1000 psi?
A. 4000 lbs
B. 250 lbs
C. 50,266 lbs
D. 12,566 lbs

4) What is the weight in kilograms of a string of pipe that is 11,500 ft long and weighs .33 pounds per inch?
A. 1,725 kg
B. 20,700 kg
C. 45,540 kg
D. 3795 kg

5) How much time in minutes will it take a car driving at 90 km/hr to travel 27 kilometers?
A. 3.3 minutes
B. 2430 minutes
C. 18 minutes
D. 0.3 minutes

6) What is the total capacity in gallons of a rectangular tank 5 meters in height knowing that it will hold 200 liters per foot?
A. 3281 gal
B. 1000 gal
C. 867 gal
D. 8670 gal

In the following question, a related pair of words or phrases is followed by five lettered pairs of words or phrases. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.

7) COLOR: SPECTRUM
A. tone: scale
B. sound: waves
C. verse: poem
D. dimension: space

cool Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word DIFFUSE:
A. concentrate
B. contend
C. imply
D pretend

For questions 9 to 15, select the correct answer:

9) I don’t know_____.
A. where is your pen
B. where is your pen is
C. where is the pen
D. where is the pen of yours

10. If you want to see him, ______.
A. please let me know
B. let me know, please
C. please let me know
D. let me please be known

11. ­­­­­_______, the little girl ran out of the yard.
A. Being afraid of the dog
B. The dog she is afraid of
C. The dog has been afraid of
D. Was being afraid of the dog

12. The manager_____ here at 4 p.m.
A. is supposed to arrive
B. is supposed to arrive
C. will suppose to arrive
D. is supposed to arrive

13. Due to the devaluation, many people have become rich, but many others _______.
A. ruined
B. have been ruined
C. have ruined
D. would have ruined

14. The man has been hospitalized since yesterday ______.
A. because his serious wound
B. because of his serious wound
C. because of his seriously wound
D. because his wound seriously

15. Your suggestion, ______, is beneficial to both the company and the employees.
A. different than his
B. as well as he
C. as he is
D. like his

In the sentence below, choose the word or set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.

16) Early _____ of hearing loss is ______ by the fact that the other senses are able to compensate for moderate amounts of loss, so that people frequently do not know that their hearing is imperfect.
(A) discovery … indicated
(B) development … prevented
(C) detection … complicated
(D) treatment … facilitated

For questions 17 to 40, choose the correct tense for the verbs in brackets:

17) I usually go by train, but this weekend I am going by bus. It (takes) longer but it costs less.
A. take
B. takes
C. is taken
D. will take

18) I (do not think) your brother is enjoying the party. He keeps looking at his watch.
A. doesn’t think
B. didn’t think
C. don’t think
D. am not thinking

19) The hall (be) painted at the moment, so it isn’t looking its best.
A. is being
B. is
C. is to be
D. will be

20) At present I’m having my typewriter (repaired).
A. repairing
B. repaired
C. is repaired
D. being repaired

21) I will open a WhatsApp group for those interested

Spread the love - Share this with your friends

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
Here is the the WhatsApp group
https://chat(.)whatsapp(.)com/C7aswY4gVoU4c1WZorysih

10 Likes 22 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
The earlier the better
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
I will not respond to any DM. The group link has been posted.

1 Like

You dont hav 2 score a pass mark of 70, 80 or 90% to get a chance rather all you need 2 do is to score the highest mark in your state 10, 20 or 30 dependin on general performance of candidates in a particular state as long as you are the highest & you r thru, it is not the sch typ exam where you need to score 40 or 50% in some cases to pass. You could score 75% & yet not gettin thr chance if others score 76% & above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2022
Who dey read na im serious, who pass na im know book.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
You dont have to score a pass mark of 70, 80 or 90% to get a chance rather all you need 2 do is to score the highest mark in your state 10, 20 or 30 dependin on general performance of candidates in a particular state as long as you are the highest & you r thru, it is not the sch typ exam where you need to score 40 or 50% in some cases to pass. You could score 75% & yet not gettin the chance if others score 76% & above.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by Ozugbo(m): 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ok
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by Beansman: 9:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
The link to the WhatsApp group is not opening

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2022
Beansman:
The link to the WhatsApp group is not opening
it's opening remove "()" brackets
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by purehustle101(m): 4:07am On Jun 22, 2022
Please someone should add me to the whats app group chat..
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by purehustle101(m): 4:14am On Jun 22, 2022
How can one open the link. is not opening help oo
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by purehustle101(m): 4:20am On Jun 22, 2022
IyaTola:
I will not respond to any DM. The group link has been posted.

Please can you add me up. How do I send across my number to you. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by wyyzkay(m): 5:18am On Jun 22, 2022
IyaTola:

NERC Recruitment Test Questions
The nerc recruitment test for the 2022 recruitment exercise will be announced after the application process. As usual, applicants are looking for the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) past questions and answers as well as searching for the format of the examination.

We have decided to post samples of the computer-based aptitude test questions which will be conducted
please sir, can I get the pdf to the above past question in my email kayoderaheem@gmail.com.
Thank you boss

NERC Recruitment Test Questions & Answers.
1) What becomes V if we use 2 resistors of 4W in parallel?
A. 2.66 V
B. 6 V
C. 12 V
D. 24 V

2) If x = y – 9, and y – 4 = 10, x = ?
A. -5
B. +5
C. 1
D. A and B

3) What is the force in pounds exerted upwards on a piston with a diameter of 4 inches if a gauge indicates the internal pressure in the cylinder is 1000 psi?
A. 4000 lbs
B. 250 lbs
C. 50,266 lbs
D. 12,566 lbs

4) What is the weight in kilograms of a string of pipe that is 11,500 ft long and weighs .33 pounds per inch?
A. 1,725 kg
B. 20,700 kg
C. 45,540 kg
D. 3795 kg

5) How much time in minutes will it take a car driving at 90 km/hr to travel 27 kilometers?
A. 3.3 minutes
B. 2430 minutes
C. 18 minutes
D. 0.3 minutes

6) What is the total capacity in gallons of a rectangular tank 5 meters in height knowing that it will hold 200 liters per foot?
A. 3281 gal
B. 1000 gal
C. 867 gal
D. 8670 gal

In the following question, a related pair of words or phrases is followed by five lettered pairs of words or phrases. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.

7) COLOR: SPECTRUM
A. tone: scale
B. sound: waves
C. verse: poem
D. dimension: space

cool Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word DIFFUSE:
A. concentrate
B. contend
C. imply
D pretend

For questions 9 to 15, select the correct answer:

9) I don’t know_____.
A. where is your pen
B. where is your pen is
C. where is the pen
D. where is the pen of yours

10. If you want to see him, ______.
A. please let me know
B. let me know, please
C. please let me know
D. let me please be known

11. ­­­­­_______, the little girl ran out of the yard.
A. Being afraid of the dog
B. The dog she is afraid of
C. The dog has been afraid of
D. Was being afraid of the dog

12. The manager_____ here at 4 p.m.
A. is supposed to arrive
B. is supposed to arrive
C. will suppose to arrive
D. is supposed to arrive

13. Due to the devaluation, many people have become rich, but many others _______.
A. ruined
B. have been ruined
C. have ruined
D. would have ruined

14. The man has been hospitalized since yesterday ______.
A. because his serious wound
B. because of his serious wound
C. because of his seriously wound
D. because his wound seriously

15. Your suggestion, ______, is beneficial to both the company and the employees.
A. different than his
B. as well as he
C. as he is
D. like his

In the sentence below, choose the word or set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.

16) Early _____ of hearing loss is ______ by the fact that the other senses are able to compensate for moderate amounts of loss, so that people frequently do not know that their hearing is imperfect.
(A) discovery … indicated
(B) development … prevented
(C) detection … complicated
(D) treatment … facilitated

For questions 17 to 40, choose the correct tense for the verbs in brackets:

17) I usually go by train, but this weekend I am going by bus. It (takes) longer but it costs less.
A. take
B. takes
C. is taken
D. will take

18) I (do not think) your brother is enjoying the party. He keeps looking at his watch.
A. doesn’t think
B. didn’t think
C. don’t think
D. am not thinking

19) The hall (be) painted at the moment, so it isn’t looking its best.
A. is being
B. is
C. is to be
D. will be

20) At present I’m having my typewriter (repaired).
A. repairing
B. repaired
C. is repaired
D. being repaired

21) I will open a WhatsApp group for those interested

Spread the love - Share this with your friends

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 9:08am On Jun 22, 2022
purehustle101:

Please can you add me up. How do I send across my number to you. Thanks
Good morning, the WhatsApp group link is above, kindly use it to join
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by PSVITA(m): 9:27am On Jun 22, 2022
IyaTola:
Good morning, the WhatsApp group link is above, kindly use it to join

You're already aware that WhatsApp link is not working on Nairaland sad

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2022
PSVITA:

You're already aware that WhatsApp link is not working on Nairaland sad
Read the post above remove the "()" brackets and you are in the WhatsApp group.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 9:30am On Jun 22, 2022
Like I said, I will not respond to DM.
purehustle101:
How can one open the link. is not opening help oo

Remove the brackets and viola you are in the group.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by Idrismusty97(m): 9:50am On Jun 22, 2022
IyaTola:
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) started inviting Candidates for aptitude test .
The Exam is scheduled to hold after the online recruitment is over.

If you happen to be one of the lucky ones invited, here’s an opportunity to give yourself an edge over other candidates who will be participating in the test.

Let's set the ball rolling
This is false, no body have been called yet.

5 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Idrismusty97:
This is false, no body have been called yet.
You lack comprehension
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by Idrismusty97(m): 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2022
IyaTola:
You lack comprehension
Do you even know the meaning of this statement? The fact that you are deflating shows they might be something dubious with that group. You guys joining should be careful sha.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Idrismusty97:
Do you even know the meaning of this statement? The fact that you are deflating shows they might be something dubious with that group. You guys joining should be careful sha.
The group is for those that have applied and we share likely question that will be asked. So, what dubious about the group? If it was dubious as you claimed people would have called me out.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
GoldenDee:
for recently conducted NERC past questions and answers on numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning, sentence correction, General mathematics, analogy, logical reasoning and synonyms and antonyms,

Send a mail to goldengee9@gmail.com

Get yourself prepared ahead
Noted
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2022
The group is for those who wishes to rub mind as regards likely question to be asked ones you are shortlisted.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by lavylilly: 2:39am On Jun 23, 2022
Nice initiative
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by Oyindamolah: 12:49pm On Jun 23, 2022
smiley
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by PrettyOmanyo(f): 2:35pm On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:
https://chat whatsapp com/C7aswY4gVoU4c1WZorysih

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by PrettyOmanyo(f): 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:

The Link is not Opening pls help
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by Oyindamolah: 12:03am On Jun 25, 2022
PrettyOmanyo:

Remive the "()" brackets
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test by IyaTola: 10:42am On Jun 27, 2022
PrettyOmanyo:

it's is oooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruiting Trainee Shift Managers / Gtbank Recruitment 2016/2017 / Kindly Advice The HR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.