Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,161 members, 7,852,953 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:00 AM

Peter Obi's 12.24 Milusd Investment Now Worth 5.38 Millusd? Who Is To Blame? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's 12.24 Milusd Investment Now Worth 5.38 Millusd? Who Is To Blame? (246 Views)

‘I Never Said Investment In Sabmiller Now Worth $100m’ — Obi Blames ‘One Youth’ / Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable / Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi's 12.24 Milusd Investment Now Worth 5.38 Millusd? Who Is To Blame? by kristorov(m): 9:13am On Jun 22, 2022
Peter Obi's 12.24 million USD investment now worth 5.38 million USD? Who is to blame?

Firstly, my name is Charles Awuzie and I am an investor. My family holds shares in several South African and American companies. During the Covid-19 pandemic, our financial Advisor who also doubles as our investment portfolio manager wrote us a heartbreaking email stating that the value of our portfolio had lost 40% in value. He said the global economy has never seen anything like it since world War 2. But he advised us on what to do which we did. Gladly, our portfolio is in recovery.

I don't want to talk about how much value my Crypto portfolio has lost in the past 6 months. This information is publicly available.

The question of Peter Obi's 12.24 million USD investment losing value in recent times can only be mocked by illiterates of the economy.
If you see anyone blaming Peter Obi for the loss of value, please laugh at their ignorance.
Peter Obi was wise enough to invest 12.24 million USD during his tenure. That money doubled at some point until Bad government happened to Nigeria. While Nigeria was suffering from bad governmentiatis, Covid-19 invaded the world accompanied by a global lockdown which crashed the markets. Investors lost their investments. While progressive economies were recovering from the pandemic, Russia chose to invade Ukraine and the ripple effect of this invasion is further ripping the world apart economically and politically.

Has Peter miscalculated some figures? Anyone who quotes figures off head like him could make a mistake except if they have a robotic programming. I doubt Peter is a robot unlike other robotic candidates so non robots are prone to make mistakes. Even though I personally haven't heard Peter give any inaccurate figure but I've made room for such errors.

What some social media APCites are doing is needed in politics - fact checking political statements is a vital opposition vehicle. The APC was Nigeria's Best opposition party but unfortunately as a ruling party, they are a nightmare which must end. What APC is doing should have been done by PDP against the APC but unfortunately the official opposition party leaders were observing table manners - it's unethical to talk with stolen food in your mouth. The APC and PDP are genetically connected - same whatsapp group but APC na admin.

Alas! Peter Obi has emerged... It's a new dawn in our political evolution. Politics of facts and figures have been restored, thus employing hitherto jobless fact checkers. This is what only Peter Obi can do. With due respect to Pastor Jerry Eze, what Peter Obi cannot do does not exist. He is a Movement. He is a tsunami. He is giving two elephants sleepless nights and the mosquitoes are singing out of frustration of homelessness - Nowhere to perch and suck innocent Nigerian blood.

Everyone is becoming obedient and those who once did money ritual to make sacrifices on the alter of corruption are realizing that obedience is better than ritualistic sacrifice. The country is awakening. Peter na fresh air - quite different from the stench of rotten leaders who raped their way into power. Peter has made road side political jobbers become overnight investment experts. Laughing my backside off. They now think they can blame Peter Obi for the lose of value of an investment made several years ago without blaming their government about the mess we found ourselves.

Keep an eye on that international breweries investment, when Peter Obi becomes president, all your investments will appreciate in value and not depreciate in value. That's how you measure the success of a government - by what happens to investments in a time of global peace.

Maranatha.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's 12.24 Milusd Investment Now Worth 5.38 Millusd? Who Is To Blame? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:13am On Jun 22, 2022
Who else if not Buhari bad economy policies that has drove many investments aground
Re: Peter Obi's 12.24 Milusd Investment Now Worth 5.38 Millusd? Who Is To Blame? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 22, 2022
Apc bad government

(1) (Reply)

2023Election: Casualties Faced By Those Speaking Against Peter Obi / Hausa's In Sokoto State Campaign For Peter Obi Using Their Personal Funds / Let's Do The Calculations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.