Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! (5942 Views)

New Twist To Fine NCC Imposed On MTN / The Right Business For Our Time! / How Dbanj's Oliver Twist Video Got Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Akanbiedu(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2011
MTN is a business concern and there are other Telcos out there (not like a monopoly) what is the noise about?
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by NoQualms1(f): 11:55am On Jul 25, 2011
I'm tired of MTN oooo. I need to switch to another network. Please how does 'glo infinito' work?
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by samkal(m): 11:57am On Jul 25, 2011
I can make you browse using mtn if you want suck them dry tongue tongue, just hallo me.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by maxtop(m): 11:58am On Jul 25, 2011
I think Airtel, Glo and Etisalat are making customers happy with there all round customer friendly call rates. MTN shd be scrapped from 9ja now !!!
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by linkin8k(m): 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2011
I manage my Airtel which charges N12 per min to any network after the initial N36 for the first minute. My MTN is just to receive calls which i might soon change and give people my Etisalat number since you get free minutes for receiving calls.

But i don't think MTN's internet service can be rivalled although they have bad network at times. How can Etisalat be fast when it only has EDGE network

Please which network is faster for internet?? I have Glo, MTn, Etisalat and Airtel sims although airtel's internet is crap
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by folahann(m): 12:10pm On Jul 25, 2011
Who knows if number portability will be introduced in Nigeria. It's already in Ghana.
With this u can switch to another network with ur existing number. That is; change ur MTN to Glo but u still keep ur sim and ur no, you just recharge Glo credit
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by donugapi(m): 12:13pm On Jul 25, 2011
folahann:

Who knows if number portability will be introduced in Nigeria. It's already in Ghana.
With this u can switch to another network with your existing number. That is; change your MTN to Glo but u still keep your sim and your no, you just recharge Glo credit

Number portability is coming soon, not sure when but they keep saying it is, Once it happens, I am 110% sure that they would get off their arses and behave themselves
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by linkin8k(m): 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2011
folahann:

With this u can switch to another network with your existing number. That is; change your MTN to Glo but u still keep your sim and your no, you just recharge Glo credit

Folahann when did it start? Just left GH May and it wasn't active
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by folahann(m): 1:06pm On Jul 25, 2011
linkin8k:

It's now active, it started at beginning of this month, 3rd July i think.
All the networks are already aggressively campaigning for customers to switch to their network.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by CE: 1:32pm On Jul 25, 2011
Phone number porting which the NCC is planing to indroce is the best solution.With ur number you can cahnge any network
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Sike(m): 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
MTN- The Best Sucker Of all time! I will never forget their stingy impact in my life. But level don change now, all thanks to Glo. I Rule my World.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by tollu: 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2011
cold:

Get your facts straight.It was actually NCC that stopped the so called Magic promo.

Poor QoS: NCC stops MTN’s, Starcomms’ promos

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has refused to grant approval to MTN to embark on a sale promotion to celebrate the tenth anniversary of GSM services in Nigeria.

Mr Imoko said, “the decision to turn down the request of MTN was made after series of reviews about the content of the promotions and the volume of traffic it was bound to generate.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/tele-info/24884-poor-qos-ncc-stops-mtns-starcomms-promos

The article did not state that NCC stopped 'Magic Number', it stopped a promo that was to be embarked upon.
So sir, your facts are also not straight.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by scopusng(m): 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2011
Mobile number portability plan underway in Nigeria, says telecoms regulatory czar at Technology Times Outlook 2011

Mobile number portability plan underway, says telecoms regulatory czar at Technology times Outlook 2001

By Olubunmi Adeniyi

Lagos. February 8, 2011. The Nigerian Communications Commission is finalising plans for the selection of a mobile number portability (MNP) operator in the country so that mobile phone users retain their unique numbers when changing from one mobile network operator to another to drive competition in the Nigerian telecoms market, its Executive Vice Chairman, Eugene Juwah said today in a keynote at Technology Times Outlook 2011 Business Summit that opened today in Lagos.

http://www.technologytimesng.com/2011/02/08/mobile-number-portability-plan-underway-in-nigeria-says-telecoms-regulatory-czar-at-technology-times-outlook-2011/
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by madoba: 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2011
I don hear ooh! I would like to stop using my MTN line completely (will no longer make or receive calls on the line).

But how do I get myself unregistered from the network I had to register the line before using it.

Don't think unregistering from the network is possible, but if anyone has useful info on how to do this, I would like to hear it.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Syma: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2011
MTN is still the best in terms of quality and coverage. Why drop prices when your customers are still making lots of calls with your high tarrifs? My MTN fastlink gives me download speeds as high as 450KB/sec during peak periods of the day. No other company in Nigeria even comes close.

No doubt MTN internet is fast, but saying no other company in Nigeria comes close to that is total wrong. At times, my glo internet connection can scale up to 900KB/S to 1MB/S. Sometimes more.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by luluosas(m): 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2011
Boyloaf:

dnt wanna get banned by mods. So call 08188639787
Can I also call you?
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by luluosas(m): 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2011
Can't remember the last time my MTN sim card even visited a phone not to talk of recharging it. Look, if most MTN subscribers reason the way I do, MTN would have been the first to start making free on-net calls any day any time. That network sucks.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by gendebs(m): 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2011
my acronym for MTN is Money Thiefing Network. Don't knw why pple still patronise that good 4 nothing network that don't apreciate and value customers. Abeg i don wise up wit Etisalat and feel good wit Airtel
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by gendebs(m): 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2011
my acronym for MTN is Money Thiefing Network. Don't knw why pple still patronise that good 4 nothing network that don't apreciate and value customers. Abeg i don wise up wit Etisalat and feel good wit Airtel
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by luluosas(m): 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2011
linkin8k:

It is already in action in Ghana. Visit here: http://plus.google.com/url?sa=z&n=1311609607857&url=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FZacpBjr&usg=VwRcxy0_aS0kwYRtEzpEmfI0ZV8 for more informations.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by luluosas(m): 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2011
folahann:

I am very sure NCC will starts the service very soon. Visit here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=689907.msg8515088#msg8515088
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Udofire(m): 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2011
@donpedro, you are right.we hav both been scammed by mtn.as 4 me,i received d info as a message and i recharged the exact amount of #1200,only to find out dat notin was ever added to it.
@boyloaf, i'll call u soon.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Browser69(m): 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2011
M=Milk
T=Them
N=Now.
That is the Original name but they won`t let you know this.
Una milk still dey yafu-yafu na,You will wait until NCC implements the number portability thingy!
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Benjacky: 6:22pm On Jul 25, 2011
Folks forget MTN Magic Number. Glo 2k/sec rocks and better.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2011
I think i've bn able to set some 25 persons free from mtn captivity.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by maasoap(m): 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2011
If you know how to manipulate your way, all glo to glo calls from a single line is #1.20. I've influenced up to 7 people under two weeks to purchase glo as alternative. Even you would prefer to call mtn line from glo line. What a network?
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 26, 2011
Pls Is mtn magic no back? Someone said its now going.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Lilshaddy(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2011
@boyloff how can i get the mtn cheat.Can you pls send it to My number 08099743987
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by atasteve: 11:05am On Jul 26, 2011
NCC please come to our rescue, call all the telecoms to order.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by nagoma(m): 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2011
Just like others I am aware of the greedy tactics of these service providers especially MTN. I am however sick and tired of reducing every greedy man, woman , child, organization ,company guild,society etc to the poor  hungry orhan in Charles Dickens 19th century novel "Oliver Twist". Peolpe who have never seen the the book and certainly never read the story are always in speeches in writing and in conversation, making ignorant references to the poor boy. Charles Dickens more than anything wanted to potray the lives of criminals in  the 1830's in London and not to create the  a boy who becomes Nigeria's gold standard of greed just because he said "Sir , I want some more"[b][/b] . Please find an additional and more familiar and clear cut ways of charcterizing greed! I'm fed up!!
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by jice(m): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
but dem get the coverage. u can reach even your grand mother in the village

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. / CBN Sells $195m To Boost Forex Supply / Contraband Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.