Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits (18803 Views)

Sales Consultants Urgently Needed For A BANK. 60k Basic, Pension And HMO / Sales Consultants Urgently Needed For A BANK. 60k Basic, Pension And HMO / Sales Consultants Urgently Needed For A BANK. 60k Basic, Pension And HMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by IyaTola: 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2022
Good evening,

My younger cousin got both offer below
80k in ikoyi with pension and HMO or
80k in Ikeja with no Pension or HMO

He resides in Alimosho

Which would you choose and why?

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by flexxyworld(m): 7:28pm On Jun 22, 2022
Let him settle for the closest location and keep looking out.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by DriverX: 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ikeja.

As if 80k salary isn't bad enough, you want to add stress of traffic to it? What can someone do with 20k weekly in this Lagos? That's like 4k every working day? How much be transport to ikoyi to and fro?

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Stallionhorse: 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
2m in obalende without official car or 2m in ajegunle with house and car..

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by IyaTola: 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2022
Stallionhorse:
2m in obalende without official car or 2m in ajegunle with house and car..
I don't get your argument

7 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by arthurwillia(m): 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
IyaTola:
Good evening,

He resides in Alimosho

Where is he staying? That will decide everything

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Alapojames: 10:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
He got the two job simultaneously
The same amount

2 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Rickmann: 10:31pm On Jun 22, 2022
IyaTola:
Good evening,

He resides in Alimosho

The first thing to consider in Lagos State when it comes to job offers is closeness to home.. Lagos isn't like every other state where you can shuttle easily within proximity.

Example, a 50k job in most states can be equated with an 80k job in lagos after ur checks and balances.

Lagos is the headquarter of stress no matter ur location.. so in ur case, choose wisely.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by olamilarks(m): 10:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
IyaTola:
Good evening,

He resides in Alimosho

Ikeja plix

5 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by IyaTola: 12:07am On Jun 23, 2022
arthurwillia:

Where is he staying? That will decide everything
it's in the post na

1 Like

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by IyaTola: 12:07am On Jun 23, 2022
olamilarks:
Ikeja plix
y?
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by arthurwillia(m): 12:13am On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:
it's in the post na

Ok based on location it should be ikeja, more savings for him. He should forget that pension, since he’s not going to be there for a long time I presume..

But then other things like growth in the job, is it for now or long term thing.. is there other plan in place for better jobs?

Mehn it’s a lot oo
Forget pension and hmo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by IyaTola: 12:16am On Jun 23, 2022
arthurwillia:

Ok based on location it should be ikeja, more savings for him. He should forget that pension, since he’s not going to be there for a long time I presume..

But then other things like growth in the job, is it for now or long term thing.. is there other plan in place for better jobs?

Mehn it’s a lot oo
Forget pension and hmo
Don't you think pension is for saving for the raining days, while HMO takes cares of your health, there is a saying,your health is your wealth

1 Like

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by olamilarks(m): 12:19am On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:
y?
alimosho is closer to ikeja

2 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by olamilarks(m): 12:24am On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:
Don't you think pension is for saving for the raining days, while HMO takes cares of your health, there is a saying,your health is your wealth
the stress of going to ikoyi daily will make hmo be like you're pouring water in a basket!

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by IyaTola: 2:27am On Jun 23, 2022
wink
olamilarks:
the stress of going to ikoyi daily will make hmo be like you're pouring water in a basket!

1 Like

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by lavylilly: 2:35am On Jun 23, 2022
I learnt one thing, you cannot place a value on the stress you will go through on the island.

Many stay in Ogun and work on the island for 100k or less, madness if you ask me.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by JoyousFurnitire(m): 2:47am On Jun 23, 2022
olamilarks:

Defo!

He'll hate himself infact.

2 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by arthurwillia(m): 9:12am On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:

Which rainy day? He. Can as well have a good savings for rainy day from working close to home.. if he’s not the Typ that gets sick so much hmo is nothing
Like I said there’s more to job than pension and hmo, is the job a long term thing or short term.. short term go for ikeja
long term go for ikoyi and find a way to move closer to ikoyi

7 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by SMJay: 9:14am On Jun 23, 2022
cool
Is he married or single? This will help me determine the type of advise I will give him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by bisqit: 9:56am On Jun 23, 2022
Rickmann:

The first thing to consider in Lagos State when it comes to job offers is closeness to home.. Lagos isn't like every other state where you can shuttle easily within proximity.

Example, a 50k job in most states can be equated with an 80k job in lagos after ur checks and balances.

Lagos is the headquarter of stress no matter ur location.. so in ur case, choose wisely.
he can relocate and come on weekends

1 Like

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by bisqit: 10:01am On Jun 23, 2022
arthurwillia:

Which rainy day? He. Can as well have a good savings for rainy day from working close to home.. if he’s not the Typ that gets sick so much hmo is nothing
Like I said there’s more to job than pension and hmo, is the job a long term thing or short term.. short term go for ikeja
long term go for ikoyi and find a way to move closer to ikoyi
na only you dey speak my mind for here. He can as well find somewhere nearby to roost. On weekends he goes back to alimosho.

3 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Emir01: 10:14am On Jun 23, 2022
HMO and Pension are big deals and it also says alot about the company hiring. If you know you know.
I will go for 50k with pension and HMO than 80k anywhere.

9 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Oyindamolah: 10:15am On Jun 23, 2022
Emir01:
HMO and Pension are big deals and it also says alot about the company hiring. If you know you know.
Most may write it to lure you in after 6 months, they charge the goal post

10 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Emir01: 10:17am On Jun 23, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Most may write it to lure you in after 6 months, they charge the goal post

That's a breach of agreement. You can ask for clarification.

2 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by IyaTola: 10:20am On Jun 23, 2022
SMJay:
cool
Is he married or single? This will help me determine the type of advise I will give him.
Married with a kid
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Rickmann: 10:52am On Jun 23, 2022
bisqit:
he can relocate and come on weekends

Ok
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by lereinter(m): 10:54am On Jun 23, 2022
Some companies have

Pension that you will not be able to access.

HMO plan that won't cover family or yourself adequately.

But some good company mostly multinational can be an exception

8 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Dramadiddy(m): 10:56am On Jun 23, 2022
80k isn’t that much though, my idea is to take ikeja and save up to move to a more central place and look for a better paying job. That way he will be at an advantage for the next job offer. I hope his saving skills are great cos that’s what will help

1 Like

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by IyaTola: 10:57am On Jun 23, 2022
Dramadiddy:
T
Are you a drummer

1 Like

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Dramadiddy(m): 10:59am On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:
Are you a drummer
replied you
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Oyindamolah: 11:06am On Jun 23, 2022
Emir01:

That's a breach of agreement. You can ask for clarification.
This is Nigeria, rules usually don't work here.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Move On After Getting Sacked / Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better / Legitimate Online Jobs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.