Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again (24286 Views)

2023 Presidency: Why Osinbajo Won’t Contest Against Tinubu – Daniel Bwala / Ekiti APC: Oluwole Oluyede Escapes Suspension For Anti-Party Activities / 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Maxymilliano(m): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2022
The governorship candidate of African Democratic Congress in Saturday’s Ekiti State governorship election, Wole Oluyede, on Wednesday expressed regret for joining politics, following the turn of events in the poll.

Oluyede, an Australia-based medical doctor, who said he had lost hope in the electoral process in Ekiti State, said, “I am not going to run again because I think any contest now is for the highest bidder and I won’t waste my time and energy”.

The ADC candidate, who came fourth in the election, said that he deliberately refused to buy votes in Saturday’s election, adding, “l have lost hope in the entire process in the state, it is a tragedy. I didn’t buy votes of Ekiti people deliberately.

I can’t use my hard-earned resources to run around talking to people on why I should be elected and I will still need to buy people, security agencies and the Independent National Electoral Commission. It appears politics here does not mean the best will emerge.” he said.

Oluyede said he would not challenge in court the outcome of the election which he said was highly monetised, saying such would amount to time wasting as he alleged that the entire election process including the electoral umpire and security agencies were hijacked by vote-buyers thus making it easy to induce voters without any hindrance.

He said, “Ekiti people have chosen the leader they want by collecting money to vote and they should not complain of lacking basic and social amenities in the future. The problem Ekiti has now is that the people are poor and that was why they could buy their conscience. That was what All Progressives Congress used in gaining the heart of many people.

More worrisome is the fact that the people do not want a solution to the problem of poverty. That was why even when we came with an agenda to address the poverty confronting them, they still expected us to buy their votes before we could help them. The winner is not the best, but he is the one the people deserved.

It was consensual. Nobody can say that the inducement was forced on them. Personally, I have learned a new lesson about Ekiti. If I had known, I would not have become a politician, much more contest for election.”

Oluyede, who denied insinuations that APC presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, bankrolled his campaign, said, “I have not seen Tinubu since 2018. I ran my political activities with my hard earned fund. I was part of the South West Agenda for Tinubu 2023 team that supported his emergence as APC presidential candidate. I gave financial support to SWAGA”.

However, APC governorship candidate and governor-elect, Biodun Oyebanji, had exonerated himself and APC from vote-buying, saying victory in the election was based on people’s trust for the party following his manifesto and Governor Kayode Fayemi’s impressive performance in office.

https://punchng.com/ekiti-i-regret-joining-politics-wont-contest-again-adc-gov-candidate/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1655977567

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Imortal001: 11:22am On Jun 23, 2022
Good for you! If you are not dirty, you cant play naija politics.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Maxymilliano(m): 11:24am On Jun 23, 2022
Personally, I have learned a new lesson about Ekiti. If I had known, I would not have become a politician, much more contest for election.”
Dem don run this one street grin

Naija politics not for the morally uprights ...

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Golan007: 11:27am On Jun 23, 2022
Sore loser.

Only when you win is it fair.

How many votes did you get in total?

221 Likes

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 23, 2022
Like I always say only a delusional fool, believes Nigerians want good leaders...

That's why I strongly believe Peter Obi will fail, I hope he wise up and drop out.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by RainValley: 11:32am On Jun 23, 2022
Udhd
Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Lurdmax10: 11:33am On Jun 23, 2022
It's rather unfortunate the current system cannot produce the best.

Maybe he would've been the best governor of Ekiti state, who knows

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by NoToTerrorists: 11:33am On Jun 23, 2022
God is Here.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by chloride6: 11:33am On Jun 23, 2022
grin
Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Felixalex(m): 11:33am On Jun 23, 2022
Your money don finish??

2 Likes

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by tommy589(m): 11:34am On Jun 23, 2022
Beggars are not choosers. Our people did not choose to be like this, but what choice do they have in the face of hunger
Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Evergreen4(m): 11:34am On Jun 23, 2022
Them don chop this wan money.

6 Likes

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by zedegit: 11:34am On Jun 23, 2022
cheesy
Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Kingzeez10: 11:34am On Jun 23, 2022
He sound pained tho

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Cmanforall: 11:34am On Jun 23, 2022
Sorry

From experience, when you lose election, you'll also lose so much money

He can now see

2 Likes

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by IPIGSRHYPO: 11:34am On Jun 23, 2022
LOL
Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Democracy1998: 11:35am On Jun 23, 2022
Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:35am On Jun 23, 2022
I hope this wouldn't be the lamentations of obi.
Personally I want him to run come 2027

5 Likes

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by lifenija: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2022
Golan007:
Sore loser.

Only when you win is it fair.

How many votes did you get in total?

Type with sense.
Obviously u don't know the mean of sore loser.
Someone is talking bout whats happening u typing like a fool

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by 12345baba(m): 11:36am On Jun 23, 2022
We are loosing the good ones

2 Likes

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Tonnierichy(m): 11:36am On Jun 23, 2022
Nigerians are Nigeria's problem. Nigerians are the ones becoming leaders. If we want Nigeria to be good again, then we have to change our orientation and mentality as a people. The leader you see there today was a typical Nigerian some years ago. No way in hell he'll get there and suddenly start doing the right thing.

Now how do you think we'll change as a people? Who will make us change? Will the West who don't care about us come here and reorientate us? If you can't find answers to all the above questions, know then that this country no get future.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Etinosa1234: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2022
Be like na now alarm reach this one side

2 Likes

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:36am On Jun 23, 2022
You don hear am
Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by phelps007: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2022
I hope they have not finished collecting all your money before you realise this...sorry oh

1 Like

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Barims(m): 11:37am On Jun 23, 2022
Yes of course you should regret it when you foolishly apply for loan and stake it on governorship race under the odds of ADC no be mumu be that angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 23, 2022
Join Labour and be free!
Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:37am On Jun 23, 2022
Politics in Nigeria is for the rugged and it is a dirty game
Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by chukwuibuipob: 11:37am On Jun 23, 2022
grin dem Don collected baba money/scam him join

Dem give am facecap grin grin

213 Likes

Re: Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again by Aflick: 11:37am On Jun 23, 2022
Politics is not for the faint of heart

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onaiyekan: It Makes No Sense To Swear In 'riggers' Whose Cases Are In Court / Capital Release For Budget 2016 Begins Today / Cambridge Analytica Video Used By Jonathan Against Buhari In 2015 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.