Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,537 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! (3840 Views)

Ideye Brown Makes Ukrainian Newspaper Frontpage Over Two Kids With White Woman / Brown Ideye With His Family (Pictures) / Musa, Ujah, Or Ideye: Who's Worse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by Funkymallam(m): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2011
Rejected @ home, but Ideye scores another two goals for dynamo, making it four goals in two matches.
Y Siaone?
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by honeric01(m): 12:33am On Jul 24, 2011
Because he does not know how to rojar, he should ask how Solomon Okonkwo and Ekpo rojared Siasia. tongue
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by cashful(m): 2:54am On Jul 24, 2011
/\ /\ /\ his time will come, its not about "roja" only, from no where he made it to the world cup. if you look at the list of players invited, there are other players for the position he plays, solomon was called in as a replacement for ahmed musa(winger)
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by 12large1: 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2011
the guy looks like a decent player but in the eagles striker called up ionly anichebe that he should replace. uche,osaze,emenike,ehiosun deserve their place obinna is a left winger, okoronkwo is a right winger the same people that are calling for ideye so hard would critisize heavily if he dosen't pay back, so lets leave it that way he would probably get his chance against argentina or if someone get injured against ghana he would be recalled
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by honeric01(m): 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2011
@cashful

His time will come when he's 50 years or when he's no longer in form? i thought it was form that matters and not age or "how close" you are to the coach?
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by cashful(m): 6:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
honeric01:

@cashful

His time will come when he's 50 years or when he's no longer in form? i thought it was form that matters and not age or "how close" you are to the coach?

his time being that if you look at the quality of players in that position he can't displace anyone easily, just like 12large said maybe injury or loss in form to any of this players will bring him in and he can now seize that opportunity to remain in the team
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by honeric01(m): 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2011
^^^^^

He can't replace a Solomon Okonkwo that hasn't played any football for 1 good year? are you having a laugh or what are you talking about? someone scoring goals here and there can't replace someone who hasn't played for ONE year?

Now i see why there's ROT in Nigeria.
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by DisGuy: 12:43am On Jul 26, 2011
I dont know his obsession with that okoronkwo gy, the ball keeps getting stuck under his boots!!

And what is Siasia fear in allowing New young player for Friendlies, he is always putting out the strongest team even for ordinary friendly
this should be the opportunity to call players that are doing well and those that have always been ignored because of competition

He thinks he will lose his job if he lost a friendly?
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by honeric01(m): 2:40am On Jul 26, 2011
^^^^^

And even went ahead to recall Ekpo when Brown Ideye is making waves in the Ukrainian league even with the cold and the new terrain, scoring goals, yet someone thinks it's not his time yet, i ask again, WHEN IS HIS TIME? is Ahmed Musa even older then Ideye football wise? yet he's in the SE.
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by cashful(m): 10:13am On Jul 26, 2011
@honeric
Does Ideye play from the right side of midfield to replace ahmed or central midfield to replace ekpo. for every coach there is a perking order for all positions, so whenever there is a slot to be filled as a result of reasons i mentioned earlier the coach will then call up the next in line.
Mind you the SE is still undergoing a building stage and so he will be called up, when the coach deems fit.
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by honeric01(m): 10:27am On Jul 26, 2011
cashful:

@honeric
Does Ideye play from the right side of midfield to replace ahmed or central midfield to replace ekpo. for every coach there is a perking order for all positions, so whenever there is a slot to be filled as a result of reasons i mentioned earlier the coach will then call up the next in line.
Mind you the SE is still undergoing a building stage and so he will be called up, when the coach deems fit.

So is it Okonkwo that's going to replace Ekpo in the central midfield? Ideye is MORE of a utility player than Okonkwo and Ekpo put together, these two can play more than where they are naturally known to play.

Ideye can play as a winger, striker and a midfielder (FACT).

I JUST hope Siasia does not perform woefully, most sports analysts are already waiting to have his head on a platter of gold if he fails.
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by cashful(m): 11:47am On Jul 26, 2011
^^^okonkwo is replacing ahmed on the right side of midfield, Siasia might not want ideye for that position.
The coach has his plans.
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by honeric01(m): 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^^^^

So what makes an Okonkwo who hasn't played football for 1 year more qualified than an Ideyen who's currently in form and very HOT? (also going to play in the UCL)?

Is selection now "i sabi u" and no longer by merit? undecided
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by 12large1: 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2011
The same honeric dats saying ideye to replace ekpo and okironkwo on the right wing would critisize him if he dint perform. The guy is not even special didnt he played againsr korea
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by honeric01(m): 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^^^

He's not special, yet the champions of Ukraine paid millions of euros to buy him, the Ekpos and Okonkwos of this world are struggling for recognition nor do they even play regular football (Okonkwo).

And didn't Okonkwo play too?

I ask again, is selection based on "i know u, u know me" or on he's on fire and really performing?
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by cashful(m): 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
Definitely selection is by MERIT, and who determines the MERIT, THE COACH
It could work for or against him, that's why he is in Charge
and that's how it is all over the football world,

I have nothing against Ideye, i am even looking forward to see him in the National team more especially being a natural left footer. He performed well at the Under 21 championship but didn't rise up to the occasion at the 2010 world cup, so his time will definitely come, but the big question is "will he seize it and make the position his" its a tall order for him because looking at the forwards we have now its going to be difficult.

Also does it mean that every time you have a player scoring in Europe he should be drafted into the senior team? If that's the case countries like Brazil, Argentina, England, France etc will have a "rotating" team
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by honeric01(m): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^^^

Good to know you recoznise the truth about selection which is suppose to be based on merit.

You claim Ideye didn't rise to expectation, yet he was BOUGHT for a very high price by the champions of Ukraine, Did he even play in the world cup? please answer me and if he did, tell me which game he played and how he didn't rise to the occasion at the world cup.

It seems you don't even know anything about Brown, he was one of the highest goals-coreres in the French league bro and this is not a fluke ( he has started scoring goals in the Ukrainian league like mad).

Last i checked, Okonkwo and Ekpo are not even seen on the scorer's sheet nor on the list of performers, so what do they have that gave them the merit ahead of Ideye?
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by 12large1: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2011
This guy stop acting dump and comparing ideye wirh okoronkwo and ekpo those players are winger and md. Ideye cannot play righ wing. Ekpo and okoro dnt deserve eagles call up but is not deye to replace them maybe nosa and oduamadi. Ideye is not better dan any strikers listed xcept anichebe but siasia likes anichevw
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by honeric01(m): 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2011
^^^^^

I hope your brain is still working or has it gone back to default again? Who told you Ideye is not a winger or can't play from the wings too?

I have asked you and i am asking again, what makes Okonkwo better than Ideye?
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by VitiMini(m): 7:11pm On Jul 27, 2011
I believe Brown will be given a chance, hopefully against Argentina on September 6.

Guy, I have a quick question for you. . . Do you think "Dickson Etuhu" is capable of playing in the heart of our defense along side "Joseph Yobo" ?
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by ChukaEze: 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2011
honeric01:

^^^^

He's not special, yet the champions of Ukraine paid millions of euros to buy him, the Ekpos and Okonkwos of this world are struggling for recognition nor do they even play regular football (Okonkwo).

And didn't Okonkwo play too?

I ask again, is selection based on "i know u, u know me" or on he's on fire and really performing?

Look at this way. . .

- Performing well for one team no mean say you go shine for the next team, or league, or whatever, e.g. Forlan flopped in Utd and excelled in spain. Torres banged em in for Liverpool and sucks at Chelsea. Different teams play differently and need players with different features and talents. Him not being picked by Siasia is not necessarily a snub. There might just be other players that Siasia feels are better for what he has planned.
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by Ibime(m): 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2011
Dis Guy:

I dont know his obsession with that okoronkwo gy, the ball keeps getting stuck under his boots!!

Its called ball control. Okoronkwo has exquisite first touch. . . or do you prefer players who when they trap ball, ball will fly 5 metes from them?

I could not put my finger on what is missing from Okoronkwo's game. He is perhaps not deadly enough and not pacey enough for the right wing, but if I was him I would consider switching to Kanu's position. There is no doubt about his touch-technique.
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by stagger: 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2011
Okoronkwo's problem is pace.
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by MeGaStReEt: 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2011
How was he rejected he was simply asked to wait for his time, na wa oo
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by cashful(m): 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

How was he rejected he was simply asked to wait for his time, na wa oo

that's exactly what i said, but honeric thinks "waiting for his time" is about age.
Also if we have to invite strikers each time they score 2,3 or 4 goals then we'll have a rowdy situation on our hands.
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by kpolli(m): 9:20am On Aug 01, 2011
honeric01:

Because he does not know how to rojar, he should ask how Solomon Okonkwo and Ekpo rojared Siasia. tongue

lol grin
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by swaggerboi2011: 10:53am On Aug 01, 2011
e no rojar just as horaric posted, or e papa no get level
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by tiwola: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2011
err, Are we talking about the same Brown Ideye that Siasia called for a junior tournament just a few years back, even gave him the captain's band on several starts and for all his ability to bully his way into the 18 yard (he really had that ability, i give him that) couldn't score a single goal?
I don't have a head for dates and all that but it was an Under-21 tournament I believe (wasn't the Olympics tho).

So he's scoring for his club-side now. Very good. Lets give him a chance and hope he's got over his Messi Syndrome. We definitely need all the goals we can get biko.
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by honeric01(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2011
^^^

Which brown Ideye are you talking about? hope you dey see well and when was the time he was given captain band by Siasia?
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by Sagamite(m): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2011
Funkymallam:

Rejected @ home, but Ideye scores another two goals for dynamo, making it four goals in two matches.

And so?
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by Nwogeneugo: 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2011
really ideye is overipe for SE, he scored 15 goals in the french league last season, is good in the air and has a good shot from left and right, \sia 1 has invited him now so let us see how it goes, okoronkwo definitely has nothing to offer
Re: Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! by Nwogeneugo: 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2011
VitiMini:

I believe Brown will be given a chance, hopefully against Argentina on September 6.

Guy, I have a quick question for you. . . Do you think "Dickson Etuhu" is capable of playing in the heart of our defense along side "Joseph Yobo" ?

CAPITAL NO.DUDE EFFED UP IN THE WORLD CUP, COULD NOT MAKE A CORRECT PASS, DID NOT DOMINATE
THAT AREA AS HE SHOULD, CANNOT HOLD A CANDLE TO AYILA AND (YES) KAITA IN THAT AREA. THESE 2 ARE STILL THE BEST DMs WE HAVE FOR NOW AND THEY ALSO CONTRIBUTE OFFENSIVELY TOO.
ETUHU DOES NOT RISE TO THE OCCASION.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can You Say About Akolawole / Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This / Italy Fan Gets Tattoo Of Giorgio Chiellini Pulling Bukayo Saka Away From Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.