Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,085 members, 7,849,404 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:42 PM

In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. (2358 Views)

Unpopular Opinion: I Think Tinubu Should Be Grateful To Obi / Nig Air force: Dassault stopped production of alpha jet since 1991 / Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by FatherOfJesus: 1:01pm On Jun 24, 2022
Anybody who thinks Lagos is doing well is not being sincere. On what basis are you making that inference?

The fact that Lagos was capital city for more than 50years and has never surpassed the infrastructural feat it achieved since 1991 until date?

Or the fact that Lagos still doesn't have a standard waste management system, public water and transportational infrastructure?

Look, Lagos is not growing, I cannot see any substantial developmental progress since 1991, TBH. Only Fashola tried to make some progress happen.

People ask then why is everyone trooping to Lagos?
Why is Lagos the commercial capital?
The answer is simple, Nigeria's economy is hugely dependent on importation, which means that every business wants access to the sea. The fact that apapa and tincan seaports are the only functioning seaports in Nigeria means that Businessws will always choose Lagos to cut of cost of logistics.
Logistics is crazy in Nigeria, in my company, it's cost us more to transport our products from Apapa port to our warehouse in Ibeju-Lekki than transporting them from Taiwan to Apapa port. It's crazy, every business owner knows this. Imagine if our warehouse is in onitsha.
Open up other seaports in Warri, Calabar, onne and port Harcourt, you will see Lagos economy shrink, businesses will spread out other parts of the country.

All these is making it seem like Lagos is working but it's not. The amount Lagos government generate doesn't commensurate with the kind of infrastructure on ground. They are basking on the effect of business influx to create a charade that Lagos is working. A small city in South Africa that doesn't have as much money as lagos will beat Lagos infrastructural wise on every level.

Tinubu supporters should spare us the noise abeg.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by lathrowinger: 1:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
VOTE
ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU

FOR

134 Likes 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by 2elliot: 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Anybody who thinks Lagos is doing well is not being sincere. On what basis are you making that inference?

The fact that Lagos was capital city for more than 50years and has never surpassed the infrastructural feat it achieved since 1991 until date?

Or the fact that Lagos still doesn't have a standard waste management system, public water and transportational infrastructure?

Look, Lagos is not growing, I cannot see any substantial developmental progress since 1991, TBH. Only Fashola tried to make some progress happen.

The answer is simple, Nigeria's economy is hugely dependent on importation, which means that every business wants access to the sea. The fact that apapa and tincan seaports are the only functioning seaports in Nigeria means that Businessws will always choose Lagos to cut of cost of logistics.
Logistics is crazy in Nigeria, in my company, it's cost us more to transport our products from Apapa port to our warehouse in Ibeju-Lekki than transporting them from Taiwan to Apapa port. It's crazy, every business owner knows this. Imagine if our warehouse is in onitsha.
Open up other seaports in Warri, Calabar, onne and port Harcourt, you will see Lagos economy shrink, businesses will spread out other parts of the country.

All these is making it seem like Lagos is working but it's not. The amount Lagos government generate doesn't commensurate with the kind of infrastructure on ground. They are basking on the effect of business influx to create a charade that Lagos is working.

Those urchins praising tinubu will never agree.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by beautyhd: 1:06pm On Jun 24, 2022
There has been significant changes in Lagos since 1991 in infrastructure.

There has also been a marked increase in the number of street urchins or touts who rob motorists of their hard earned money ( Owo mi da crew) with impunity and effrontery because they see themselves as untouchable based on the position of their lord and master in Lagos state government.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by arthurwillia(m): 1:06pm On Jun 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

All these is making it seem like Lagos is working but it's not. The amount Lagos government generate doesn't commensurate with the kind of infrastructure on ground. They are basking on the effect of business influx to create a charade that Lagos is working. A small city in South Africa that doesn't have as much money as lagos will beat Lagos infrastructural wise on every level.

Lol ok
Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by IgOga(m): 1:10pm On Jun 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

grin grin grin From your village abi. Lol....Well if it floats your boat ....your village is more developed than Lagos grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by FatherOfJesus: 1:10pm On Jun 24, 2022
beautyhd:
There has been significant changes in Lagos since 1991 in infrastructure
Educate me about it.
I can remember using public water in 1991.

Nothing really changed except from few cusmetics by fashola in terms of BRT and the monorial project and yet it still doesn't commensurate with the kind of money Lagos generate from tax. You got to be honest with yourself

3 Likes

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by FatherOfJesus: 1:11pm On Jun 24, 2022
IgOga:

grin grin grin From your village abi. Lol....Well if it floats your boat ....your village is more developed than Lagos grin
no where in Nigeria is developed, including including Lagos.

Have you tried travelling out of this country?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by Vulturereloaded: 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2022
The urchins dont do business, they are still fed by their parents, who are suffering from the failure Tinubu imposed on them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by FatherOfJesus: 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
The urchins dont do business, they are still fed by their parents, who are suffering from the failure Tinubu imposed on them.
I suspect that

5 Likes

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by Factcheck0001: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by FatherOfJesus: 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2022
[quote author=Factcheck0001 post=114115268][/quote]how does this address the topic in any aay?
Did you read the article or you read but didn't comorehend?
Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by helinues: 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2022
You self see am, Imagine how much development Abia state precisely have gained since then

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by helinues: 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
no where in Nigeria is developed, including including Lagos.

Have you tried travelling out of this country?

Are you now comparing Lagos with Abia state even though no where in Nigeria is developed?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by FatherOfJesus: 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2022
helinues:
You self see am, Imagine how much development Abia state precisely have gained since then
is the only functioning seaport in Nigeria located in Abia state?

7 Likes

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by FatherOfJesus: 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2022
helinues:

Are you now comparing Lagos with Abia state even though no where in Nigeria is developed?
where did I do that?
Is Lagos developed?
By what standard are you measuring development?

2 Likes

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by Factcheck0001: 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
how does this address the topic in any aay?
Did you read the article or you read but didn't comorehend?
so are u telling me increased igr is not a sign of progress?
Peter obi could not add just 1 naira to anambra igr for complete 8 years n below is what tinubu did during his regime

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by helinues: 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
where did I do that?
Is Lagos developed?
By what standard are you measuring development?

Lagos is not developed fine but not age mate of Abia state..

So development get level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by helinues: 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
is the only functioning seaport in Nigeria located in Abia state?

And who stopped Abia from having dry port? is anyone behind it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by FatherOfJesus: 2:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
Factcheck0001:
so are u telling me increased igr is not a sign of progress?
Peter obi could not add just 1 naira to anambra igr for complete 8 years n below is what tinubu did during his regime
I'm telling you that you are illiteratw hence didn't read the article or understand it else you would have seen why Lagos IGR should increase in the article

3 Likes

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by FatherOfJesus: 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2022
helinues:

did Lagos State build Apapa and Tincan port?
L

3 Likes

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by helinues: 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
L

Are the ports property of LASG or FG? Are the tax been paid go to the pocket of LASG or FG?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by helinues: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
I'm telling you that you are an illiteratw illiterate hence didn't read the article or understand it else you would have seen why Lagos IGR should increase in the article

I hail oo sir Kettle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by FatherOfJesus: 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2022
helinues:

Abi what rubbish is this one saying?

3 Likes

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by helinues: 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

Abi what rubbish is this one saying?

The Toxident dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by FatherOfJesus: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2022
helinues:

I hail oo sir Kettle
mtcheew, another illiterate attribute. Trying to correct an obvious typo. Discuss the topic if you have the brain power.

Read the article, digest it then come back

2 Likes

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by FatherOfJesus: 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2022
helinues:

The Toxident dem
you are just circumventing the fact that Lagos has huge infrastructural deficit vis-a-vis revenue.

Something is wrong, I am not here for your baby logic and reasoning

2 Likes

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by swaggerjack: 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
2elliot:
Those urchins praising tinubu will never agree.
Lagos has progressed to the mafia and agbero paradise of the world. Were a former Chicago drug lord and 10% tax collector holds sway.

2 Likes

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by helinues: 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
mtcheew, another illiterate attribute. Trying to correct an obvious typo. Discuss the topic if you have the brain power.

Read the article, digest it then come back

So the an you missed was also typo error bah?

Clean your mouth, it get why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by trantayo: 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
If Lagos is not progressing, you can relocate to state that is progressing. It's not compulsory that you should live in Lagos. One of Tinubu political enemies has come again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by helinues: 2:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
you are just circumventing the fact that Lagos has huge infrastructural deficit vis-a-vis revenue.

Something is wrong, I am not here for your baby logic and reasoning

Are we not saying the same thing? Lagos is not developed but it's the dream land of young Okonkwo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In My Opinion, I Don't Think Lagos Has Progressed Since 1991. by FatherOfJesus: 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2022
helinues:

So the an you missed was also typo error bah?

Clean your mouth, it get why
yes it was. Are you doing this because you can't discuss the actual topic hence the distraction?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu And Kwankwaso Has Been Beaten In Their Game By Atiku And Obi / Vetran Actor Kanayo .O. Kanayo Rejects Tinubu's N10m To Endorse Him ( Photo) / Even Ghanaians Have Joined In Mocking Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.