Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Is Betting A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Betting A Sin? (531 Views)

Is Betting A Sin In Christianity / Is Football Betting A Sin? / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Betting A Sin? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2022
Someone told me owning a bet company is a sin,but most bet companies has been an employer of labour,especially here in Nigeria that there's hardly an employment opportunity.

If you go to bet9ja main shops,(not an agent's shop),you will see matured men and women,all graduates,working there.And they are been paid well,even with allowance,free hospital bills and other incentives.

And those playing,I've seen people that their life has changed for good,only the greedy ones lose a lot of money,because 'bet responsibly' is bodly written in their various shops.

So,is betting a sin,especially for those who are not employed and sees an opportunity to work in a bet company?
Re: Is Betting A Sin? by immortalcrown(m): 7:23pm On Jun 24, 2022
Laziness and discontentment that lead to betting are sins.

1 Like

Re: Is Betting A Sin? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2022
How do you folks even define a sin..once your Bible paper book says it is? undecided
Or what?

1 Like

Re: Is Betting A Sin? by Bizstud: 8:01pm On Jun 24, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
Someone told me owning a bet company is a sin,but most bet companies has been an employer of labour,especially here in Nigeria that there's hardly an employment opportunity.

If you go to bet9ja main shops,(not an agent's shop),you will see matured men and women,all graduates,working there.And they are been paid well,even with allowance,free hospital bills and other incentives.

And those playing,I've seen people that their life has changed for good,only the greedy ones lose a lot of money,because 'bet responsibly' is bodly written in their various shops.

So,is betting a sin,especially for those who are not employed and sees an opportunity to work in a bet company?

Well, my view about sportbet.

We have two types of people that venture into sportbets. We have the sport trader and the gamblers.

Sport traders are those that go on thorough research, weigh their options and take calculated risk. This calculated risk doesn't mean they can't lose their bets but there's this satisfaction at the end because you did your due diligence with little before placing your bets. People in this category are biz men not gamblers. I call them traders like forex, crypto, and stock traders. Come to think of it, no difference btw these sets of people. Just do your due diligence with little and dive in. It also equates to those running real biz because before you run a biz, you go on research, get your feasibility report and plan yourself for the task ahead before launching. All these doesn't even guarantee the success of your business. In summary,I don't consider sport trading a sin.

Gamblers are those that do little to no research before placing bet. That's why they lose their money in the process. This is a sin because it's triggered by greed.

I only shared my view. Na only God Sabi wetin be sin and wey no be sin.

2 Likes

Re: Is Betting A Sin? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 8:06pm On Jun 24, 2022
immortalcrown:
Laziness and discontentment that lead to betting are sins.
been lazy is disgusting but how do we know someone who is lazy in naija,as there's no job opportunity for so many,although, some are deliberately lazy
Re: Is Betting A Sin? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
How do you folks even define a sin..once your Bible paper book says it is? undecided
Or what?
a friend of mine do hide his betslips from his wife,there was a time he won over 100k and gave her 50k to buy things for herself,only if she knew it was from betting,because he refused telling her.
Re: Is Betting A Sin? by immortalcrown(m): 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
been lazy is disgusting but how do we know someone who is lazy in naija,as there's no job opportunity for so many,although, some are deliberately lazy
One, why did you pick only the word laziness? Did you not see "discontentment"?

Two, no job but some people that have jobs bet and some people that do not have jobs avoid betting.
Re: Is Betting A Sin? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 8:15pm On Jun 24, 2022
Bizstud:

Well, my view about sportbet.

We have two types of people that venture into sportbets. We have the sport trader and the gamblers.

Sport traders are those that go on thorough research, weigh their options and take calculated risk. This calculated risk doesn't mean they can't lose their bets but there's this satisfaction at the end because you did your due diligence with little before placing your bets. People in this category are biz men not gamblers. I call them traders like forex, crypto, and stock traders. Come to think of it, no difference btw these sets of people. Just do your due diligence with little and dive in. It also equates to those running real biz because before you run a biz, you go on research, get your feasibility report and plan yourself for the task ahead before launching. All these doesn't even guarantee the success of your business. In summary,I don't consider sport trading a sin.

Gamblers are those that do little to no research before placing bet. That's why they lose their money in the process. This is a sin because it's triggered by greed.

I only shared my view. Na only God Sabi wetin be sin and wey no be sin.
A guy won 6million some months to his wedding,he spent 2.5m,and the rest for biz..

But is Forex also risky,because I don't really know much about it
Re: Is Betting A Sin? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
immortalcrown:
One, why did you pick only the word laziness? Did you not see "discontentment"?

Two, no job but some people that have jobs bet and some people that do not have jobs avoid betting.
I'm not against your comment,you are on point,just that naija situation is something else,to be realistic.

Many will not go into betting,If things are working well.
Re: Is Betting A Sin? by Bizstud: 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
A guy won 6million some months to his wedding,he spent 2.5m,and the rest for biz..

But is Forex also risky,because I don't really know much about it

Forex and crypto trading is riskier than sport trading from my research.
Re: Is Betting A Sin? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 4:08am On Jun 25, 2022
Bizstud:

Forex and crypto trading is riskier than sport trading from my research.
that's serious o,someone has been asking me to start attending the tutorial ..I thought it's a straight business.
Re: Is Betting A Sin? by Bizstud: 8:21am On Jun 25, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
that's serious o,someone has been asking me to start attending the tutorial ..I thought it's a straight business.

I will give you little analysis.

Sport bet(not virtual sport bet), you will see the reason why you lost your bet. How it happened being a live match which everyone is watching. Forex and crypto trading has individuals/corporate(financial institutions, hedge funds managers, crypto whales and high net worth person's like Elon musk) organisations with huge funds that can influence the market at any hour of the day/night with their huge sum. But sport bet, just a match of few minutes/hours and you are out(not concerned with whatever happens on other matches of the day). The funniest thing is you won't know when these individuals/corporate organisations are buying and selling in the market. They preach go on research, read biz news, download tools and buy robots to help you trade. They work but not consistent. No strategy is even consistent on forex and crypto. What works this week will most likely not work next week/month. You have to keep changing. A lot of things are happening in forex and crypto world. Don't be deceived. Many ain't really making it in these forex and crypto as they claim. That's why you see them advertising training all around because they ain't really making but what take it from you by teaching you. Have you ever seen any sport trader advertising training? There are few that make theirs public to help you bet or place odds for you by subscribing to their service. This is because they are almost certainly sure of the best they place.

Take or leave, forex and crypto trading is riskier. Funny enough, I don't do any of these again but I've tried them. And if I'm going to venture into any of them, it's surely sport trading

1 Like

Re: Is Betting A Sin? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 9:19am On Jun 25, 2022
Bizstud:

I will give you little analysis.

Sport bet(not virtual sport bet), you will see the reason why you lost your bet. How it happened being a live match which everyone is watching. Forex and crypto trading has individuals/corporate(financial institutions, hedge funds managers, crypto whales and high net worth person's like Elon musk) organisations with huge funds that can influence the market at any hour of the day/night with their huge sum. But sport bet, just a match of few minutes/hours and you are out(not concerned with whatever happens on other matches of the day). The funniest thing is you won't know when these individuals/corporate organisations are buying and selling in the market. They preach go on research, read biz news, download tools and buy robots to help you trade. They work but not consistent. No strategy is even consistent on forex and crypto. What works this week will most likely not work next week/month. You have to keep changing. A lot of things are happening in forex and crypto world. Don't be deceived. Many ain't really making it in these forex and crypto as they claim. That's why you see them advertising training all around because they ain't really making but what take it from you by teaching you. Have you ever seen any sport trader advertising training? There are few that make theirs public to help you bet or place odds for you by subscribing to their service. This is because they are almost certainly sure of the best they place.

Take or leave, forex and crypto trading is riskier. Funny enough, I don't do any of these again but I've tried them. And if I'm going to venture into any of them, it's surely sport trading
thanks bro.......God bless you

(1) (Reply)

Forgiveness Of Sins / "No Pastor Is All-knowing" Pastors Niyi Adebayo And Mike Bamiloye Admit / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.