Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

How I Lost My Life Saving. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Lost My Life Saving. (2181 Views)

My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. / I Almost Lost My Little Daughter Practicing What She Saw On TV - Nigerian Man / "My Wife Left Me When I Lost My Job, She Wants Me Back Now There Is Money?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost My Life Saving. by Kingkum: 10:44pm On Jun 24, 2022
I'm writing this with a heavy heart but i'm not requesting for help cos i don't need it.

Things have not been easy with me for some time, i decided to be a middleman between the farmers and people in town, i deal mainly with yam,orange,tomatoes or farm product that is in my village and send it to people in town, i use to get like 5-10k per trip which help me in taking care of my family. about 2weeks back, some people needed oranges in large quantity in abuja, i immediately source for oranges at 2500 per bag in the village with the intention of selling it in abj at 7500. Good profit right?

it turned out to be the worst business i ever engage in. How? Let me go in details
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by RedMac: 10:44pm On Jun 24, 2022
Good
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Kingkum: 11:02pm On Jun 24, 2022
I got 20bags of orange at 50k, other expenses like bagging, loading transport etc cost another 50k, let me say i invest 100k on the trip.

we normally stop company trucks(especially nigerian brewery trucks) and re-arrange the bottles inside before putting the orange cos they are cheaper and don't stop on many checking points on the way. that is what i did, but it happened that the truck broke down on the way and due to the company slow response, it stayed on the road for many days.

when the truck finally continue the journey, the orange spoil, all of us that put orange in the truck have to do re-baggin before selling it which i ended up selling everything at 60k.

i was confused and down cos i did not say farmers the complete money, i have to borrow before i settled some people. as i'm typing this, i don't even know where i will get money for another trip, i don't have a single kobo in my pocket, bank or anywhere. i'm just imagining if my child become sick now or anything happens in the family.
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Kingkum: 11:08pm On Jun 24, 2022
But i give thanks to god, my plan is to sell my tv or strong decorder tomorrow to settle the last man on my neck and atleast buy little food in the house. i learnt my lesson already and will not try borrowing from people again with the aim of huge profit. To anybody reading this, don't be greedy in whatever you do so as to avoid my kind of situation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Kingkum: 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2022
RedMac:
Good
Are you mocking me? what is good about what i just posted?
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by VirileNelly2420: 11:35pm On Jun 24, 2022
But I honestly don't see anything greed about dis. U saw a lucrative biz and u venture into it. It has been going well, but den, u just had an unusual setback, dats all.

So, because u had a challenge u regret going into d biz?
Do u know what made people go through just to get where dey are? Am not a motivational speaker o, but am certain someone somewhere would b glad if u can help him/her with d connection to dis biz.

People build commercial house with loan and it collapsed. But dey neva called it a quit.
It's true dat poor man's fowl is his cow, but u shouldn't see dis as a dead point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Kingkum: 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2022
You are right. i would have got nothing less than 50k profit if all i planned earlier went well.

i was just mad at myself to borrow and invest in it cos normally, i don't do large supply, my own is to send like 2-5bags using my personal money. but now, nobody will hear story from me and i have to give out all my capital and even sell something before i complete the money. true till now, there is no sleep in my eyes. i can't just sleep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by LogicBomb8: 11:58pm On Jun 24, 2022
Boomplay reward point 4 sale check sig

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by hakeemhakeem(m): 2:04am On Jun 25, 2022
You all decide to waste your money when the vehicle broke down, you should have looked for another bus and trans load the goods

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by frozen70(f): 4:05am On Jun 25, 2022
Kingkum:
But i give thanks to god, my plan is to sell my tv or strong decorder tomorrow to settle the last man on my neck and atleast buy little food in the house. i learnt my lesson already and will not try borrowing from people again with the aim of huge profit. To anybody reading this, don't be greedy in whatever you do so as to avoid my kind of situation.

So sorry about your loss
It's not greed it's business

Tomorrow you can reap double
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by ibechris(m): 5:13am On Jun 25, 2022
Don't feel bad rather feel hood as everything is gonna be alright.

U took a good risk...and u have paid for the hard lesson.
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Rexymania(m): 5:55am On Jun 25, 2022
You were not greedy, you only took some risk
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Kingkum: 5:59am On Jun 25, 2022
hakeemhakeem:
You all decide to waste your money when the vehicle broke down, you should have looked for another bus and trans load the goods
You don't understand. looking for another would have been worse. imagine paying heavily for another truck, paying again for people to remove and load etc you will be left with nothing brother
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Kingkum: 6:01am On Jun 25, 2022
frozen70:

So sorry about your loss
It's not greed it's business

Tomorrow you can reap double

Thanks. i pray so too but it will take me time to get out of this mess. i'm just hoping for a miracle to happen.
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Kingkum: 6:03am On Jun 25, 2022
Rexymania:
You were not greedy, you only took some risk
Thank you. it's a lesson learnt already. i just pray to get back on my feet.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by haggai247: 6:22am On Jun 25, 2022
Kingkum:

You did just fine these are the challenges in doing business it's called unforeseen occurrence.
Next time anybody asking you to source goods should make a down payment provided you have earn their trust, and always make sure you update them on what is going on if not they tag you a scammer.
Never borrow to start a business that's the motto.
But if you can earn people's trust you will easily get funds to trade.
Sara sara pare suffering are lessons let this be your lesson.
Remember success is not a straight line

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Kingkum: 6:32am On Jun 25, 2022
haggai247:

You did just fine these are the challenges in doing business it's called unforeseen occurrence.
Next time anybody asking you to source goods should make a down payment provided you have earn their trust, and always make sure you update them on what is going on if not they tag you a scammer.
Never borrow to start a business that's the motto.
But if you can earn people's trust you will easily get funds to trade.
Sara sara pare suffering are lessons let this be your lesson.
Remember success is not a straight line
I totally agree with you. that is why i even attributed my woes to greed cos i was not suppose to borrow. i'm just building my online reputation hence i always deliver before payment. maybe with time, i will start collecting money b4 delivery but nobody knows me now so i'm just managing. it's well
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Rickmann: 6:40am On Jun 25, 2022
Kingkum:

You weren't greedy, my friend... it's just a normal business risk that didn't pay off. But pls always check the odds when borrowing to do business. Keep pushing in ur own little way and one day the heavens will smile on you again.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Kingkum: 6:51am On Jun 25, 2022
Rickmann:

You weren't greedy, my friend...you just a normal business risk that didn't pay off. But pls always check the odds when borrowing to do business. Keep pushing in ur own little way and one day the heavens will smile on you again.
Amen. i was very careful but it seems everything was bound to happen. it's very difficult for this company trucks to break down on the road cos they use to service their trucks very well but it still happened.

what is happening to me might not be ordinary sef, i wake up today to see another problem which i will not discuss here but i will not relent. i still hope on god to do it for me. thanks again for your advice.
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Rickmann: 7:02am On Jun 25, 2022
Kingkum:

Amen. i was very careful but it seems everything was bound to happen. it's very difficult for this company trucks to break down on the road cos they use to service their trucks very well but it still happened.

what is happening to me might not be ordinary sef, i wake up today to see another problem which i will not discuss here but i will not relent. i still hope on god to do it for me. thanks again for your advice.

You welcome, brother..
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 25, 2022
Kingkum:
Don't invest in perishable food.
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Kingkum: 10:10am On Jun 25, 2022
Revolution2022:
Don't invest in perishable food.
WHY?

The business is not that bad. moreover that is what is easily accessible around in my village.
thanks for the advice
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Meteng: 10:43am On Jun 25, 2022
Business is up and down, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. The challenge is is rising again when you fall. Never give up, never ever give up
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Kingkum: 10:57am On Jun 25, 2022
Thank you all for the kind you advice offered to me.

This happened to me real so its not a format or business tactic. i need y'all to help me. if you need any farm product, pls order from me now to get it for you at a cheap price, you will only pay when the goods are delivered to you pls. if anyone needs tomatoes,yams,oranges,garri,akpu etc contact me now pls

i have not eaten since morning(let me have an accident and die if i eat even 10naira buscuilt today) and don't know where i will even see food. however, i'm not beggin for food here pls, just patronise me so that by tomorrow or next, i will have little change in my pocket. pls
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Quim2: 10:57am On Jun 25, 2022
Kingkum:

WHY?

The business is not that bad. moreover that is what is easily accessible around in my village.
thanks for the advice

How can I reach you privately.

Are you on whatsapps?
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Datman23: 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
That is business for you
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Quim2: 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2022
Datman23:

Good evening.
i was banned by a bot in the morning. i have to get this moniker just to reach you.
the number on your what'sapp is not connecting pls.

I removed the last digit

Let me update it
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Datman23: 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2022
chat me up
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Datman23: 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2022
seen
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
This Is so sad

I see good news coming your way the new week..be expectant and join this service physically or online

Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Ombre(m): 9:33pm On Jun 25, 2022
Datman23:

seen.
i messaged you already

Are you in bénue?
Re: How I Lost My Life Saving. by Datman23: 11:24pm On Jun 25, 2022
Ombre:

Are you in bénue?
NO.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When A Village Girl First Visit The City And She Was Asked To Cook By Force. / My 50th Birthday Celebration In Pictures. / Lagos: ‘my Husband Kept Secret Wife, Children For 10 Years’ • Woman He Called Hi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.