Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Give Peter OBI The Job - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Peter OBI The Job (213 Views)

2023: Crowd Give Peter Obi Ovation At Crossover Night In Anambra / Festus Keyamo: We Give Peter Obi's Son One Week To Hold Rally In Anambra Or Else / I Will Give Peter Obi 8million Vote- Evelyn T. B Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Peter OBI The Job by Serial48(f): 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2022
The curiosity I was birthed with was something worthy of note. My biological mother usually told me I questioned literally everything when I was an infant. This, she said to me when I unveiled my atheism in a very religious setting. Mumsy was a pastor. Granny I lived with when I was at the boarding school was faith-believing. So was my aunt I spent many year with. Yet, I questioned literally everything.

This hasn’t stopped and I don’t think it will anytime soon. Which is why I am fancying the idea of majoring in sociology to better understand from an intellectual context, how humans think.

Just months ago, fierce protests were held as to the increment of fees in Delta State University. Some student I had privately tutored were back home claiming students were united in the struggle and had all agreed to not attend lectures until the demands of their protests was tended. I said zilch. Just observed. Although I mildly commented given my experience, that the management of the university were very tactical and know how to utilize the divide and rule strategy very well; select a few popular students, course reps, department heads etc, make juicy offers and the protests will be sabotaged.

One of their loudest comrades was vituperating making posts after posts in vehement opposition to the fee increment. I was just laughing because we have a history and I could see through his pretext of a complain. At some point, he was doing too much I was forced to send him a message privately telling him to chill. He called from the UK immediately he got my message demanding an explanation. I threw more light albeit not expecting him to get it. I’ve always known these people to think politics a ‘game’. The selection of leaders who will determine the quality of your short life and that of your compatriots by a mile is a game? The way African politics is run ehn, professor Lumumba describes it well.

Anyway, I read from same ‘comrade’ applauding and praising Governor Ifeanyi A. Okowa yesterday o. Same Okowa he criticized months ago for school fee increment was now a political demigod worthy of emulating. He even used the word ‘game’. And he won’t be the only one doing this.

I have read from many accounts that vehemently condemned the delta state government over that fee increment now applauding Okowa’s tenacity and tactfulness.

I cannot be ashamed to originate from the same geographical location as these lots as it was of no choosing of mine. My inquisitiveness still asks the questions as to what I am doing in this country. I mean, you just criticized the man’s nonchalant and lackadaisical attitude towards the plight of delta state students, some of who are from your village that is lacking in road, water, light, and other necessary basics. I mean, the same person who’s been on seat and laws have been made that has further toughened the lives of an average deltan, I mean, issues has been raised to the unaffordability of housing for the common man with homeless people littered nearly every nook and cranny of the state’s capital, I mean kids well under 18 were being bundled into a police van for loitering in front of shoprite (eyewitness account), because that’s where they beg, eat, sleep. No school, nothing. Yet, for a VP ticket, the man is automatically a messiah?

The irony in all this is I know and understand this ‘game’ very well. I didn’t even attempt to play it in the university but I learned how it was played and that is the sick foundation set by these ‘comrades’. For them, it is a matter of the baton being handed down to them when their time is right.

And they do not care whether or not Nigeria loses in these games.

Peter Obi is not about the game. He is the game, and regardless of my state of origin, my choice aligns with competence. This was why I aligned myself with the G8 when they suggested voluntary colonialism.

I do not care where a person is from or what they look like. If they can competently and efficiently do the job, give them the job!!! Peter Obi’s track record, interviews, portfolio etc has shown a man who not only can do the job, but can do it well. Give the man the job!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Peter OBI The Job by Factcheck0001: 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2022
Serial48:
The curiosity I was birthed with was something worthy of note. My biological mother usually told me I questioned literally everything when I was an infant. This, she said to me when I unveiled my atheism in a very religious setting. Mumsy was a pastor. Granny I lived with when I was at the boarding school was faith-believing. So was my aunt I spent many year with. Yet, I questioned literally everything.

This hasn’t stopped and I don’t think it will anytime soon. Which is why I am fancying the idea of majoring in sociology to better understand from an intellectual context, how humans think.

Just months ago, fierce protests were held as to the increment of fees in Delta State University. Some student I had privately tutored were back home claiming students were united in the struggle and had all agreed to not attend lectures until the demands of their protests was tended. I said zilch. Just observed. Although I mildly commented given my experience, that the management of the university were very tactical and know how to utilize the divide and rule strategy very well; select a few popular students, course reps, department heads etc, make juicy offers and the protests will be sabotaged.

One of their loudest comrades was vituperating making posts after posts in vehement opposition to the fee increment. I was just laughing because we have a history and I could see through his pretext of a complain. At some point, he was doing too much I was forced to send him a message privately telling him to chill. He called from the UK immediately he got my message demanding an explanation. I threw more light albeit not expecting him to get it. I’ve always known these people to think politics a ‘game’. The selection of leaders who will determine the quality of your short life and that of your compatriots by a mile is a game? The way African politics is run ehn, professor Lumumba describes it well.

Anyway, I read from same ‘comrade’ applauding and praising Governor Ifeanyi A. Okowa yesterday o. Same Okowa he criticized months ago for school fee increment was now a political demigod worthy of emulating. He even used the word ‘game’. And he won’t be the only one doing this.

I have read from many accounts that vehemently condemned the delta state government over that fee increment now applauding Okowa’s tenacity and tactfulness.

I cannot be ashamed to originate from the same geographical location as these lots as it was of no choosing of mine. My inquisitiveness still asks the questions as to what I am doing in this country. I mean, you just criticized the man’s nonchalant and lackadaisical attitude towards the plight of delta state students, some of who are from your village that is lacking in road, water, light, and other necessary basics. I mean, the same person who’s been on seat and laws have been made that has further toughened the lives of an average deltan, I mean, issues has been raised to the unaffordability of housing for the common man with homeless people littered nearly every nook and cranny of the state’s capital, I mean kids well under 18 were being bundled into a police van for loitering in front of shoprite (eyewitness account), because that’s where they beg, eat, sleep. No school, nothing. Yet, for a VP ticket, the man is automatically a messiah?

The irony in all this is I know and understand this ‘game’ very well. I didn’t even attempt to play it in the university but I learned how it was played and that is the sick foundation set by these ‘comrades’. For them, it is a matter of the baton being handed down to them when their time is right.

And they do not care whether or not Nigeria loses in these games.

Peter Obi is not about the game. He is the game, and regardless of my state of origin, my choice aligns with competence. This was why I aligned myself with the G8 when they suggested voluntary colonialism.

I do not care where a person is from or what they look like. If they can competently and efficiently do the job, give them the job!!! Peter Obi’s track record, interviews, portfolio etc has shown a man who not only can do the job, but can do it well. Give the man the job!
name one thing Peter obi did better than tinubu as governor
Re: Give Peter OBI The Job by Piggyeasterner: 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
Tell Peter Peter Obi to stop telling lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Peter OBI The Job by Chido26: 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
Factcheck0001:
name one thing Peter obi did better than tinubu as governor

He is still strong and not shaking..
Re: Give Peter OBI The Job by Factcheck0001: 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2022
Chido26:

He is still strong and not shaking..
is yahaya bello not strong?
Did he make a good leader?
Is dino melaye not strong?
What about that intimacy gadget senator in adamawa,is he not strong?

(1) (Reply)

Zamfara Govt Asks Residents To Take Up Arms Against Bandits / G7 Tinkering With Setting A Ceiling On Prices For Russian Oil - BUT! / D Cry Of D Masses Hv Reached Heaven, Peter Obi Is On Devine Mandate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.