Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? (6451 Views)

How Best To Identify A Nollywood Movie / How To Build An Action Hero Body For An Action Film / Nollywood Movie Awards Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 24, 2011
ME AND MY CREW ARE WORKING TOWARDS TO DOING AN ACTION MOVIE IN NIGERIA. WE WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE MATRIX, 300 AND SPARTACUS. ITS GOING TO BE A COMBINATION OF BOTH EPIC AND MODERN DAY GUN WAR LIKE IN EQUILIBRIUM AND DESPERADO.

BUT BEFORE WE EVEN START WRITING THE SCRIPT, WE WOULD LIKE YOUR HELP. WE WANT TO KNOW IF THERE IS A DEMAND FOR SUCH MOVIES. WE WANT TO KNOW IF IT WOULD SELL. WE KNOW IT REQUIRES A LOT OF MONEY, EQUIPMENTS AND INTELLIGENCE BUT WE WANT TO BE SURE WE ARE NOT JUST WASTING OUR TIME. WILL MARKETERS EVEN BUY SUCH A MOVIE?

THE STORYLINE WILL BE TIGHT,NO DOUBT. SUSPENSEFUL - TRUST ME, YOU CAN'T PREDICT A THING AND GET IT RIGHT. PICTURE QUALITY - PERFECT! SOUND QUALITY - BETTER THAN THE ONES IN THE MARKET NOW.

BUT WOULD IT SELL AT THE END OF THE DAY?

YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS ARE NEEDED PLEASE.

1 Like

Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by werepeLeri: 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2011
Must you copy always?
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2011
@poster
if you go into this venture thinking of financial success rather than doing it for the merit then you will always fail.
do the movie that you think is best FOR YOU, not because you think 9ja peeps will love it.

too many Nollywood producers deliver garbage movies that are successful with the masses, talking about the same recycled theme, over and over again!
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Jayboy124: 10:53pm On Jul 24, 2011
If you're sure you guys got the technical details all sorted out, then Nigerians are surely gonna buy into it. Since you guys have all this, why not make a short one and see what people think about it first.

But no matter what you do, always make something of international standards. Good luck.
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by mkmyers45(m): 11:36am On Jul 25, 2011
From my own opinion it will work well but you must you have a production just as you said and make strategic box office moves
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by shawonlese: 11:48am On Jul 25, 2011
It will sell, provided all stunts are just like you have in the western movies, not i will shoot you and you will die, OK shoot me. Gboa! you shot me? yes! die! die! I am dieing!, i am dieing!, yes die!. grin
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by mkmyers45(m): 11:54am On Jul 25, 2011
shawonlese:

It will sell, provided all stunts are just like you have in the western movies, not i will shoot you and you will die, OK shoot me. Gboa! you shot me? yes! die! die! I am dieing!, i am dieing!, yes die!. grin

@shawonlese lol, do you have haulage trucks?
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by IBEXY(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2011
Just let it be different from the mass production crap that is Nollywood right now. Its about time we injected some quality into our movie industry. Honestly, do these nollywood producers make those movies in more than 2 days? They really look like secondary school drama stuff to me. If you are going to bring something more serious, of course I would buy it and am sure am not the only one thinking this way right now.
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by lalaboi(m): 12:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
If only ABIJA in the main actor grin
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by heryyy(m): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2011
Fadeyi oloro afi chuke chuke chuke grin
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Hambolaj01(m): 12:52pm On Jul 25, 2011
It will of course
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2011
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT MOVIE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
HOPE RAMSEY NOAH, IKE EMEKA ARE EXCLUDED cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 25, 2011
so long as it aint anything like this Ugandan action movie then its all good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkwtuFKpi7k
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Hambolaj01(m): 1:12pm On Jul 25, 2011
shawonlese:

Very very funny
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Ayoobscom(m): 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2011
If you can behead fellow and let the sword pierce and blood shield,

Spartacus!

or shot one in the head and let the bullet emptied from the barrel pause

Despirado!

And make sure you burn cars and houses--i don't mean real o, b'cos una fit go hire Boko harams now
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Ayoobscom(m): 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2011
@shawonlese, It will sell, provided all stunts are just like you have in the western movies, not i will shoot you and you will die, OK shoot me. Gboa! you shot me? yes! die! die! I am dieing!, i am dieing!, yes die!. [quote][/quote]

Man u just broke my two ribs, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2011
Thanks a million for your responses.

Presently, there is no such storyline or concept in the market. And to make it clear, we are not copying the Whites. We just want to use the same digital effects they use in their movies since its going to be an action movie.

One more question to you all, must we also use one or two known faces like Mercy Johnson, Ramsey Noah, e.t.c., for the movie to sell?

I guarantee you guys that if this stuff pulls through, it would be one of your best Nollywood movies ever.
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by joeyfire(m): 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2011
An action movie will be a hit in nigeria if and only if you make it believable. Dont try and create effects that are beyond your budget, high-speed car chases should be avoided. Also if there's going to be a fight scene try and get a choreographer, otherwise it'll come out looking really fake
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2011
who killed the captain alex
MRbrownJAY:

so long as it aint anything like this Ugandan action movie then its all good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkwtuFKpi7k
wow
this is hilariously wrong
shawonlese:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy :DLMFAO
'thats good
@ OP if your efffects are good and actors are not caught between trying to be americans and also trying to be Nigerians then you are good
whats up with mike ezronye(hope am right) speaking like a pregnant toad when he plays the role of a rich boi
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by tEsLim(m): 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2011
If its well done maybe. But I've seen a lot of terrible movies that I dont even ever bother to watch them and dont let my kids watch them. Nigerian movies are too negative. Poor language use, bad scripts , bullsh.it, same actors , copy cat, and most of this people are not even educated and didn't really or never learned the trade from any art institution. Just wuruwuru to the answer
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
If you must do a Nigerian action movie must you copy what's obtainer in Hollywood? Why can't you do a movie on the biafran war, June 12, Aba women's riot, Princess Moremi and Amina. Why must we always copy.
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by ajekpaks(m): 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2011
You want my honest opinion

It's not gonna sell sshit, You just have in mind that you're doing something different, Maybe you'd win a few awards and all, I might go see it at the cinema but if Ramsey Noah is not kiss Mercy Johnson on the screens My grandma aint gonna go see it, and believe me to make money, you need me grandma to go see yer movie,
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by gaddafe(m): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2011
ajekpaks:

You want my honest opinion

It's not gonna sell sshit, You just have in mind that you're doing something different, Maybe you'd win a few awards and all, I might go see it at the cinema but if Ramsey Noah is not kiss Mercy Johnson on the screens My grandma aint gonna go see it, and believe me to make money, you need me grandma to go see yer movie,

Is your grandma the only one in Nigeria??

If you ask me, it will sell so long as you exclude any of the known Nollywood faces.
Use new faces so long as they are good.
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2011
dude, honest respond, will not cover your budget, becos 80% of nigerian population who watch nollywood movies do not have the any interest in anything that has no love, or girls with oversized weave on and heavy make ups, they rather see a feel good movie where the good guy/girl comes from a poor background and is tormented by an uncle but later made it in life after he went to the CITY, and again in ur movie, put some juju scenes, we are the highest church going, juju lovers in the world, grin grin grin
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2011
A nollywood sparctacus and Matrix,
chei i wan die with laughter grin grin grin grin grin grin
why not do a nollywood Tomb Raider movie starring Geneieve Nnaji or a nollywood Indiana Jones starring Ramsey Noah as Indiana Jones grin grin grin
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by richardoz(m): 6:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
It will sell if it has a good story-line.
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by richardoz(m): 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2011
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by richardoz(m): 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2011
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Natasha2(f): 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2011
sweat heart don't mind whoever says it wouldn't sell i laugh in ijaw, we all are ready for something new, we are tired of the same ''father i love him i want to marry him'', I guarantee you if its really good it will def sell more than you expect, and it doesn't matter if you use a popular face, I mean it doesn't have to be a popular face, just makesure you find a girl who is flexible enough to do lil stuff cos most girls are bunch of stiff wood cheesy speaking about that you can use me  cool  grin grin
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by freeman11(m): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2011
hahahahahahhaheheheheheheheh grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy egbele o!!!! i wan die wan die with laughter, WHO KILL THE CAPTAIN ALEX, HAHAHAHheheheheehehohohohoohohohhoohhoohho (decending) hohohoho heheheeheehhehee, abeg madam cooold starr joooorrrr
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by freeman11(m): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2011
mr op, american train to get the african acents even in an action movies, tell ur actor to be real, dont look into the camera, dont forrnee, learn idioms, a xtristic of most nollywod movies, play osuofia's THE CACULATOR, to get what i am saying; that guy's so real, an has alot talki-talki, even if he dosent knw wat his talking about, please make it real wink
Re: Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria? by Natasha2(f): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2011
^don't worry I'm the actress in the movie  cheesy the tough girl  cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sites To Download Movies With Subtitle / Prices Of Plasma, LCD, LED, 3D And Smart Televisions In Nigeria / No Bank Has Taken Over Hip TV - Ayo Animashaun, Hip TV CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.