Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,389 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns (6540 Views)

Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop / Latest Nigerian Hip Hop / 'Nigerian' Hip Hop Doesnt Make Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by phreakabit(m): 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2011
oti-igba:

point of correction! amy winehouse Amy Winehouse was booed off stage because she was drunk, not because her music was not good or she couldnt couldn't sing,  there is no comparising comparison between amy Amy and this these naija clowns

Checkout this England based toilet scrubber, feeling all majestic and poo. . . . I laugh at your level of gargantuan stupidity! You refer to that drug head by first name only, as though you knew her personally, LOL!!!! Oh, maybe you once cleaned up after her,since its obvious you are a  janitor ( at least you spell like one) in the UK and loving every moment of it! I wouldn't go into much with you, I dont want to give you more than you can handle. Oh BTW checkout the quote above. I helped correct your grammatical blunders. Have a pleasant day.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by phreakabit(m): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2011
As far as I am concerned if you are rapping in English, adulterated with pidgin and people can still make out what you are saying as being quite logical and sensible, then. . . . I would say GO AHEAD! There are no rules as to what one should or should not do! When you try to be something you are not then you are being fake! If a rapper can't make good rhymes in Igbo,Yoruba or any of the local languages, then he/she should stick to pidgin and English! There is absolutely nothing wrong in speaking good English, with precise pronunciation, just dont fake the accent! As far as I am concerned the only thing I think no one should be doing in Nigeria is gangster rap, even though gangsterism does exist here, its not really a widely practiced way of life here and just looks totally silly.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by IBEXY(m): 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2011
oti-igba:

grin grin grin i agree, a fake "new york accent" silly auto-tunes, they even wear heavy winter coats in the hot naija weather just to imitate the new york image it is appaulingly embarrasing!
grin
So why do they dress up in heavy winter jackets and boots in 48 degree centigrade Nigeria?
I will agree all you have said if you can explain this to me.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by otiigba1(m): 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2011
phreakabit:

Checkout this England based toilet scrubber, feeling all majestic and poo. . . . I laugh at your level of gargantuan stupidity! You refer to that drug head by first name only, as though you knew her personally, LOL!!!! Oh, maybe you once cleaned up after her,since its obvious you are a janitor ( at least you spell like one) in the UK and loving every moment of it! I wouldn't go into much with you, I dont want to give you more than you can handle. Oh BTW checkout the quote above. I helped correct your grammatical blunders. Have a pleasant day.
c`mon! man! there is no need for insult, can you not have an adult conversation?(for some one who claim to be articulate) yes! i live in england, its not my fault your life is sh""t as for scrubbing toilets, that is your opinion and yes i know Amy in person we drank and smoked together its the advantage of living in england and mingling with celebrities if you have a problem with it go and kill yourself! and oh! feel free to correct any of my blunders i will be very gratefull
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by phreakabit(m): 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2011
oti-igba:

c`mon! man! there is no need for insult, can you not have an adult conversation?(for some one who claim to be articulate) yes! i live in england, its not my fault your life is sh""t as for scrubbing toilets, that is your opinion and yes i know Amy in person we drank and smoked together its the advantage of living in england and mingling with celebrities if you have a problem with it go and kill yourself! and oh! feel free to correct any of my blunders i will be very gratefull

RFLMAO!!! I know Obama we used to smoke marijuana together in Kenya grin.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by EgbeNak: 12:20am On Jul 30, 2011
@phreakabit
Why do folks keep picking on you? Everyone tryna whoop yo dumb disabled azz. I must say you deserve it though, hehehe!!!
See you later chimp.
Cheers!!!
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by ceasyc(f): 2:51am On Jul 30, 2011
@topic - i guess u mean 99% of hip hop singers and other singers in 9ja

dont no about 99% but yes most of dem r crap/nuts but some are real good n makes sense

e.g. 2face, M.I, etc. it doesnt matter what language u use. i like miriam makeba, ladysmith black mumbazo, etc but do it well

but most 9jans dont mind now as long as d beat is good n u fit shake bodi wella 2 all dem kpangolo muzik + beats grin grin grin

its also a way of earning money without stealing, armed robbery, kidnapping n other horrendous stuffs that others r doing out there

make dem carry go jo
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by InkedNerd(f): 3:15am On Jul 30, 2011
I totally agree with the OP. While I do think that hip hop as whole has lost its way, I feel that the Nigerian imitation is just sheer stupidity. There's a difference between sampling beats and just being flat out untalented. There are very few Nigerian "artists" who I actually like let alone respect.

cammax7:

I used to be a heavy critic of our movie and music industries, and then I came to realize that they(the industries) are a reflection of our society and ourselves. so while yall be pointing the finger, at least 3 points back at you!

Three finger may be pointing back but that still doesn't change the fact that a lot of them suck. Let's call a spade a spade. I don't understand why people stand around defending bullshit. When you look at reggaeton and it's origination yes, there is imitation of Western styles of rap/hip hop but not in the manner that Nigerians are doing so. Rather than commend stupidity, how about you acknowledge it so then perhaps they can see themselves for what they really are--CLOWNS!!
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by MadDog1(m): 3:32am On Jul 30, 2011
BABE!:

I can pay one dime to watch that babe perform live. #Truetalk.

i wonder why people like her embarassed
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by BABE3: 5:30am On Jul 30, 2011
Mad Dog!!!:

i wonder why people like her  embarassed

I meant "Can't" not "Can".

Why people like her? The same reason why people like Kate Perry, and Justin Beiber.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by InkedNerd(f): 5:44am On Jul 30, 2011
BABE!:

I meant "Can't" not "Can".

Why people like her? The same reason why people like Kate Perry, and Justin Beiber.

Ummm because they're mad? grin
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by BABE3: 5:48am On Jul 30, 2011
^^ She said it!   grin
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by IBEXY(m): 7:10am On Jul 30, 2011
We still haven't found out why they put on heavily insulated winter coats in the scorching heat of Nigeria.
I've been brainstorming all night. Must be something related to talent or it helps with the New York accent.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by otiigba1(m): 9:08am On Jul 30, 2011
IBEXY:

We still haven't found out why they put on heavily insulated winter coats in the scorching heat of Nigeria.
I've been brainstorming all night. Must be something related to talent or it helps with the New York accent.
it must be eigther they are feeling very cold or they are ignorants. Arrr, I know! they are trying to imitate jay z, p didy or snoop dog
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by phreakabit(m): 9:44am On Jul 30, 2011
Egbe Nak:

@phreakabit
Why do folks keep picking on you? Everyone tryna whoop yo dumb disabled azz. I must say you deserve it though, hehehe!!!
See you later chimp.
Cheers!!!

Wow! Nice one coming from someone who says we should keep it African and traditional, yet spells like he is one deportee from New York Uzbekistan. Uzbekistan suits your personality and mental state quite comfortably, by my own valuation of your intelligence. Due to the fact that you sound like a drunk epileptic suffering from dyslexia and operating on a brain dried out by alcohol. Its quite disturbing how this is all you could come back with. Take your your broke derriere back to the hole where you came from and stop seeking relevance here, it won't happen unless you have a healthy amount of brain power, which you so evidently do not possess. SMH@yourlife in general. Broke and stupid is a terrible combination.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by phreakabit(m): 9:51am On Jul 30, 2011
oti-igba:

it must be eigther they are feeling very cold or they are ignorants. Arrr,  I know! they are trying to imitate jay z, p didy or snoop dog

But honestly, do any of them dress like that when shooting a vid, or just chilling in 9ja ? IN being the keyword here! Because of recent, I certainly haven't seen any of them dressed like that, except when in South Africa which is relatively colder than 9ja.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by boban007: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2011
Don't care wot anybody thinks.Nigerian music is da bomb right now in d whole of Africa.u need to encourage and give this guys a chance,it is out of d lot dat d best comes out.they are all trying different styles so as to know which people will feel most.time is fast changing nobody really listen to juju and Fujian like before.although there are lots of fake,we also have d best of dem all like d great DAGRIN,NICE,SAMCLEF,JAGZ,MI,ICE PRINCE,TUFACE,SOSSIC,MO HIT,FAZE,TIMAYA,wiz kid is coming up too.u need to know d no of hip hop and R and B artiste in America they are almost the population of Nigeria.u only see d best ones on tv like beyonce,p Diddy and co.and they ve not stop encouraging new and younger ones like wiz kalifa,drake,lil Wayne and co.just like d way I'm so crazy about SAMCLEF,DAGRIN album,my girlfriend is also ready to even dump me for wizkid album.it's a matter of choice.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by IBEXY(m): 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2011
We all love naija music. Its just the fakers we are worried about. Its not wrong calling a spade a spade. Criticism is also necessary for improvement.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by BABE3: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2011
phreakabit:

But honestly, do any of them dress like that when shooting a vid, or just chilling in 9ja ? IN being the keyword here! Because of recent, I certainly haven't seen any of them dressed like that, except when in South Africa which is relatively colder than 9ja.

May the lord bless you o. Only God knows what planet these people are from--or rather, what planet they seem to be getting their false gist from?

People just like to criticize ignorantly and misyan. Typical! Most people criticizing don't even know sh1t about Nigerian music. They sha want to feel among.

In fact, I challenge anyone to post a 9ja rap video, where the rapper is dressed like it's 20 F.  undecided

Anyways my only critic on Nigerian artistes is that they recycle beats and Lyrics like no man's business. <----That is not even typical of Nigerian music only.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by InkedNerd(f): 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2011
BABE!:

May the lord bless you o. Only God knows what planet these people are from--or rather, what planet they seem to be getting their false gist from?

People just like to criticize ignorantly and misyan. Typical! Most people criticizing don't even know sh1t about Nigerian music. They sha want to feel among.

In fact, I challenge anyone to post a 9ja rap video, where the rapper is dressed like it's 20 F.  undecided

Anyways my only critic on Nigerian artistes is that they recycle beats and Lyrics like no man's business. <----That is not even typical of Nigerian music only.

LOL LOL. It's funny that they copy Western style music videos but its like they never think to copy those videos where Western rappers are vacationing in warmer climates grin
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by otiigba1(m): 8:03pm On Jul 30, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

LOL LOL. It's funny that they copy Western style music videos but its like they never think to copy those videos where Western rappers are vacationing in warmer climates grin

i dont think they realise that the wearing of heavy winter jackets is co's of the weather, they think it's the trend in america all year round
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:12pm On Jul 30, 2011
All of una wey dey judge naija musicals, sing una own song make I hear
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by BABE3: 10:56pm On Jul 30, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

LOL--- Inkiru Shush! grin They don't wears winter-coats in their videos. They are not illiterates.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by Orikinla(m): 8:01pm On Aug 03, 2011
I am a fan of Dare Art Alade, because he is the best of them all.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Hip Hop Singers Are Clowns by Orikinla(m): 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2011
Ucheosefoh:

All of una wey dey judge naija musicals, sing una own song make I hear

I will not make any personal reference to my recorded songs to avoid anyone accusing me of boasting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ruggedman – Push Ft Terry G (Video) / Phyno #connect Lyrics And Translation In English / Download Am Gonna By Mohbad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.