Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Immigration Service Na Thief, 55k To Replace Stolen E-passport. Why? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Service Na Thief, 55k To Replace Stolen E-passport. Why? (1561 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport / Nigerian immigration service website. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigration Service Na Thief, 55k To Replace Stolen E-passport. Why? by Ehisod(m): 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2011
HELPOOOOO!!! Fellow nairalanders, make una see me see Nigerian Immigration Service wahala. I was issued an e-passport in 2008. I it use for identification mostly and have never used it to process a Visa application. I processed the passport application myself and it cost me just the around N10,000. In 2010 I was involved in a robbery incident and I lost it to the robbers this was promptly reported and a police report obtained. I was expecting that applying for a replacement would be a breeze but was shocked to find out from the Benin office of NIS where it was originally issued that I had to part with 50k to 55k in order to get a replacement. My inquiry was made at their helpdesk. I also went ahead to ask other officers of the NIS there and was told the same thing. Now this has left me very angry and frustrated because normally in a sane country with sane institutions you would expect to get a replacement at a lower cost than you originally paid for the lost item. I have been told I cannot apply for another e-passport until the stolen one expires however I cannot continue without a passport, I don't see it as a privilege but a necessity as a citizen of Nigeria that I should have my passport back without paying thru my nose. So please, nairalanders how una see this matter? If you have any useful suggestions please post it here it will be very much appreciated.
Re: Immigration Service Na Thief, 55k To Replace Stolen E-passport. Why? by noblegas2(m): 12:40am On Jul 25, 2011
Go Τ̲̅ȍ the NIS headquaters in Abuja with the police report and all evidence showing that it was indeed stolen. Its cheaper there! i tink its abt 20k or so.
Re: Immigration Service Na Thief, 55k To Replace Stolen E-passport. Why? by fm7070: 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2011
na wa ooooooooooo.
I rather go and keep my Passport in the bank.
lol
Re: Immigration Service Na Thief, 55k To Replace Stolen E-passport. Why? by Markenny(m): 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
funny
Nigeria e-passport is one of the most costly thin Nigerian
can get in Europe if miss place,i spent almost 3,500euros (about 5-6 hundered thousand naira) to get
new e-passport,including the transport from my location to
embassy.and u are complain about 50t naira

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Epassport: Guarantors Form / Can A Nigerian Living In Nigeria Marries A US Citizen / Ielts Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.